Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hiddink found guilty of tax fraud

Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Hiddink found guilty of tax fraud Empty Hiddink found guilty of tax fraud

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 am

Hiddink became Russia boss after the 2006 World Cup
    Russia football manager Guus Hiddink has been handed a six-month suspended sentence and fined £30,000 after being found guilty of tax evasion.
    The 60-year-old Dutchman was accused of evading more than £900,000 in Dutch taxes by falsely claiming to be a resident of Belgium in 2002 and 2003.

Prosecuters had sought a 10-month prison sentence but instead Hiddink was handed the maximum fine possible.

Hiddink signed a two-year deal with Russia in July 2006.

His side are ahead of England in their qualifying group for Euro 2008.

Russia lie second in group E, behind leaders Croatia but a point ahead of England.

Hiddink, who can appeal against the decision, has always denied defrauding the tax authorities.

Hiddink, the former South Korea, PSV Eindhoven and Australia boss, had been tipped to succeed Sven-Goran Eriksson as England boss after the 2006 World Cup.

His close relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich also led to rumours he was set to replace Jose Mourinho as manager at Stamford Bridge this summer - but Hiddink has dismissed the reports.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Hiddink found guilty of tax fraud Empty Re: Hiddink found guilty of tax fraud

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Russia already announced it wont make any difference for them!
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:25 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:Russia already announced it wont make any difference for them!

What a surprise!!
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 pm

I hope he counter-sues.

This case has been a joke from the beginning, not even mentioning that the "evidence" was illegally maintained !
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:59 pm

I feel that Hiddink is more severely prosecuted than other who do the same. I don;t like unjusitce, so in that sence I feel him.

On the other hand everybody, who doesn't do their taxes properly, steals from other taxpayers (the ones who pay what they should), so they need to be punished far more severely.

What I don't get is what kind of example are the public presuction trying to make: if you fraud 1,4M, you get a 40k fine. Seems an all out inventation to anyone to do the same.
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 am

Tax Fraud!
    Hang him.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 am

"Tuffy" Monag wrote:Tax Fraud!
    Hang him.

It's national pass time number 1 in the Netherlands...

I know in most countries it's frowned upon, but in are crazy little country we *never* talk about money except for birthday parties when everyone is comparing tips and tricks on how to rip of the taxman....

The more you do it, the cooler you are.

As Asterix and Obelix would say :

Ils sont fous ces Hollandaises !

(although I'm not quite sure on the spelling of Hollandaises)
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:59 am

Guilty is guilty no matter your name is Guus Geluk, Saint Guus, Hi-din-Gu or John with the short surname

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm