Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Rez
debaser
Parks lives
Tweesus
Football Genius
Ä
10 posters

Why do Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition ?

Saintsar

Why do Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition ?

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Saintsarama MBE wrote:Indeed, Liverpool have won everything but the league in recent seasons. And they finished second in the league not so long ago, and only just got beaten to second last year by a good Man U team who are now leading the way. Given the right signing or two in the summer, and a good start to the season, I can see them winning it next season.

Given the right signing or two, I can see us winning it as well. Razz

Given the right signing or two, even Arsenal could fucking win it next season...
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Why do Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition ?

Post by COTR Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

otto's worst post yet?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm

No, they couldn't. They are crap after all.

Still think if Maureen and Roman stay at Chelsea, they'll be favourites.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Parks lives wrote:No, they couldn't. They are crap after all.

Now now, I'm trying to be 'unbiased' so that I don't upset anyone. You know how sensitive these Arsenal fans can be...

Still think if Maureen and Roman stay at Chelsea, they'll be favourites.

Let's just say that even if you win it this year, I'd be a bit surprised if you retained it next year.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:55 pm

I don't see why not. It's not like our squad or team can't be improved upon.

Still need more strength in midfield, we're likely to sign a central midfield in the Summer.

Giggs has been very inconsistent and Park has missed large portions of the season. I'd be suprised if we don't sign a winger in the summer.

I think it's almost guarenteed we'll sign a striker given Larsson returning and Saha's injuries.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Don't get me wrong, if you win it this season then you start as favourites next season, but I can also see Fergie going for Europe and sacrificing the league as a result.

Can you really see Man U buying three players in the summer? I'm thinking two as a maximum. Of course I don't know what's going on in Fergie's mind.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:Indeed, Liverpool have won everything but the league in recent seasons. And they finished second in the league not so long ago, and only just got beaten to second last year by a good Man U team who are now leading the way. Given the right signing or two in the summer, and a good start to the season, I can see them winning it next season.

This forum has gone back in time
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:00 pm

L r d wrote:

This forum has gone back in time

Fuck you, I've got an MBE.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:03 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:.

Can you really see Man U buying three players in the summer? I'm thinking two as a maximum. Of course I don't know what's going on in Fergie's mind.

Probably not 3 major signings but certainly 2 major signings and a couple of squad players. Which would do me.

Hargreaves and a top level striker would probably be the major signings. Wouldn't overly need a third signing then as we'd have more than enough attacking options.

I think we're better off sticking to the league personally and take what we get in the Champions league. The league is much more suited to our style of play.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:05 pm

What about Rossi? If you buy a striker in the summer you can kiss goodbye to him playing regular football for Man U any time soon. Lurd certainly seems to rate him highly, and that means you could concentrate on a winger, which I really think you could do with.
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:07 pm

lack of ambition? how so? becasue we don't go out and buy ronaldinho for 50 million? that's because we didn't have it to spend, now we do thanks to the USA.

despite this we win trophys every year.

cheers.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:08 pm

Manchester United should sign ..

Quaresma, Hargreaves and 'someone else'

Ronaldo - Scholes - Hargreaves/Carrick - Quaresma/Giggs

Quaresma was priced at, '£12m - £16m' (according to what Chelsea were going to pay for him .. but Jose claimed it was to much), Hargreaves 'up to Bayern' but Manchester United should not pay a 'ridiculous price' (i.e. what Chelsea payed for SWP and Sheva ...)

Last edited by on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:08 pm

Nah, strikers more important for me. We have loads of other options on the wing.

We can plays Giggs or Park there, plus also have the option of using Carrick, Hargreaves and Scholes in a 3 man midfield.

Rossi could even be tried out there.

However as a main striker, we will only have Saha.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:11 pm

Paulsy, paulsy everywhere but not a drop to drink.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 pm

Rai Krol wrote:Manchester United should sign ..

Quaresma, Hargreaves and 'someone else'

Ronaldo - Scholes - Hargreaves/Carrick - Quaresma/Giggs

Quaresma was priced at, '£12m - £16m' (according to what Chelsea were going to pay for him .. but Jose claimed it was to much), Hargreaves 'up to Bayern' but Manchester United should not pay a 'ridiculous price' (i.e. what Chelsea payed for SWP and Sheva ...)

I think we definately need a winger then either a midfielder or a forward.

Park isnt the same level as Giggs or Ronaldo, united arent half as dangerous without wingers. So Quaresma/Robinho/Nani

Centre forward, I would like Rossi to be given a chance although there is talk of Huntelaar and El Nino.

Hargreaves appears to be the prime target for midfield.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Rossi isn't doing too well at Parma is he?! Are you sure he's not going to be flogged to an Italian team at the end of the season? Erm
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Kimbo wrote:Rossi isn't doing too well at Parma is he?! Are you sure he's not going to be flogged to an Italian team at the end of the season? Erm

You think he should of scored away to milan or roma? apart from that 2 in 4 and playing very well, even v milan was very good. this is a team that was 2nd bottom yes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:41 pm

L r d wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Rossi isn't doing too well at Parma is he?! Are you sure he's not going to be flogged to an Italian team at the end of the season? Erm

You think he should of scored away to milan or roma? apart from that 2 in 4 and playing very well, even v milan was very good. this is a team that was 2nd bottom yes
    1 being a penalty, and as i'm so often reminded in threads about Shearer, penalties don't count. ok

1 in 4 ain't a great return. Also hasn't he been on their bench most of the time? scratch
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

1 being a penalty, and as i'm so often reminded in threads about Shearer, penalties don't count. ok

1 in 4 ain't a great return. Also hasn't he been on their bench most of the time? scratch

Hey Kimbo, Rossi is recovering after playing hoof merchants for 4 months. He is playing well for Parma, thy hadnt scored or won a game in ages until he arrived, scored a great goal on his debut won them a game.

He then played against Milan and Roma, its like expecting Rooney to play for Watford and beat Man utd and Roma single handidly. Then he rescued his side with a last minute penalty on Udinese.

So he is doing well considering he is playing for a relagation/bankrupt bound team
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:55 pm

Rossi is world class kimbo.

Best to leave them be or you'll be arguing all night
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Rez wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Hey Kimbo, Rossi is recovering after playing hoof merchants for 4 months. He is playing well for Parma, thy hadnt scored or won a game in ages until he arrived, scored a great goal on his debut won them a game.

He then played against Milan and Roma, its like expecting Rooney to play for Watford and beat Man utd and Roma single handidly. Then he rescued his side with a last minute penalty on Udinese.

So he is doing well considering he is playing for a relagation/bankrupt bound team
    Hoofers. Doh

He scored a GOOD goal, i've seen it, you're not going to fool me. It wasn't "great" at all, you make it sound like it was of Tony Yeboah standard. Erm

Why isn't he getting in their team? 4 games in 2 months isn't very good.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:02 pm

COTR wrote:Rossi is world class kimbo.

ok man of the match v milan at the san siro for a team that is 19th at 20 yrs old on only his second game, after being motm in his first and scoring a wonder goal, and hes doing badly Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:06 pm

L r d wrote:

ok man of the match v milan at the san siro for a team that is 19th at 20 yrs old on only his second game, after being motm in his first and scoring a wonder goal, and hes doing badly Doh
    WOnder goal my arse. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUo3fiKsA_o

Sibierski scored a goal just as good as that against Zulte last week. Rolling Eyes
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Rez wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Hoofers. Doh

He scored a GOOD goal, i've seen it, you're not going to fool me. It wasn't "great" at all, you make it sound like it was of Tony Yeboah standard. Erm

Seri A was stopped due to crowd trouble and he hasnt played in the Uefa cup matches, due to contractual agreements. So he has started in all the Seri A games and done well 1 in 2 for a youngster on loan for a relegation bound team is pretty good.

It was a great goal for a debut and it was the winner to.

Newcastle did hoof the ball to him, they tried to ruin him, like the last good striker (Owen) they had.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:12 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Fucking hell Kimbo, at least check the reason why.
    Rez

Post by Rez Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

WOnder goal my arse. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUo3fiKsA_o

Sibierski scored a goal just as good as that against Zulte last week. Rolling Eyes

Zulte, are they a post office sunday league team?
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Rez wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    L r d wrote:

Hoofers. Doh

Laugh You don't know what your talking about i see. Ok just trying to make out he didnt get in your team because he wasnt good enough still annoyed. he has started almost every game in the league, i said 2 in 4 taking away milan and roma, but nevermind, most italian fans and experts say he has been great, but what do they know compare to a bitter geordie who doesnt know how many games he has played or seen him bar a goal hey Doh
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Never let facts get in the way of an argument...

Yikes Doh
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Rez wrote:
    Newcastle did hoof the ball to him, they tried to ruin him, like the last good striker (Owen) they had.
    Bizarre. Laughing

You think Rossi is better than Martins and you think Newcastle got Rossi on loan so that they could ruin him. Laughing

And i've just had a look at some match reports for the AC game and the only place he's mentioned is in the team line-ups part. Is he getting man of the match from you just for taking part, like at Newcastle. Rolling Eyes

And Zulte are a solid enough side, low on quality but very organised and hard working. Could beat some premiership sides IMO. ok

And Rossi was on the bench for Parma's UEFA Cup game, they didn't leave him out like Newcastle did.

Parks lives wrote:
    I thought that was what i was doing by asking. Since Rossi has gone there he has played in 5 of Parma's 11 games, so it's hardly an ureasonable question. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:36 am