Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
fcb
Super Progress
Sgoater1
debaser
Football Genius
Deano
Bashmachkin
DS
robert
toon h
14 posters

what would your rival's coach do with your team?

toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

what would your rival's coach do with your team? Empty what would your rival's coach do with your team?

Post by toon h Sun May 06, 2007 8:35 am

say your rival's coach was actually your coach. How do you think he'd play? would the team be better than it is now?

for example, how would Capello let Barça play? who would be in the team?

or Rijkaard at Madrid...
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

what would your rival's coach do with your team? Empty Re: what would your rival's coach do with your team?

Post by robert Sun May 06, 2007 8:39 am

Maureen:

VDS

Gaz Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes Carrick Fletcher

Rooney Saha Ronaldo

OH, how would he sleep at night, no dedicated DM at our club...
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

what would your rival's coach do with your team? Empty Re: what would your rival's coach do with your team?

Post by DS Sun May 06, 2007 8:55 am

Mourinho would want alot of changes , expect for the defense , midfield , targetman.

Arsene would do fine I think , he would continue 4231 , change Fletch I think for a more of a playmaker.

Rafa would be ok as well , we would bring a DMC I think but his team would be more 442 then the current formation.
    Fletcher----Carrick---Scholes------Ronaldo(given freedom)

----Saha--------Rooney

I think both Arsene and Rafa would easily handle our team , not so sure about Mourinho.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sun May 06, 2007 12:05 pm

Taking Sunderland as our traditional rivals, Roy Keane is one of the few managers who I wouldnt want in to replace Roeder. He has done a good job at Sunderland, but hes been given a lot of money and been able to bring in players that normally wouldnt have considered moving to such a club in such a position. Top class players wont be as likely to move just because of Keanes reputation (and top class human beings probably wouldnt consider Keane in a good light to begin with!). And he still has to prove how tactically astute he can be, and how well he copes with pressure.

Anyway, as for his team selection, for a start Keane doesnt like Given, so he would be out and perhaps Foster would be loaned from Man Utd. In the same vein, a bargain could perhaps be struck with them and we could bring in O'Shea, perhaps, at left back. I can see Keane rating Taylor, he might go with the idea of bringing Hyypia in, and then I imagine he probably gets on great with Carr since they seem to have a similar mentality, so Carr at right back. Milner, Parker might be okay for him, I dont know if he considers Duff one of the Irishmen living on past reputations, but I think one of Duff or N'Zogbia would satisfy. Maybe Liam Miller would come in and play attacking midfield. Martins would satisfy I think, but if I recall correctly Keane has had a go at Owen in the past, so we would be looking for someone new there. I do not know who.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun May 06, 2007 12:11 pm

I would say Martin Jol, as most of us Hammers hate T*ttenham more than anyone else.

I think he would do well with us to be honest. He's a manager who likes his team to play football the way it should be, which traditionally is how we play.

He has a great transfer policy of finding young British players and decent foreign players. He has enough discipline and I think generally he's a decent manager.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Sun May 06, 2007 12:14 pm

Not my rival, but an interesting one;

Fergie at Chelsea,

Cech

Who Knows, Carvalho, Terry, Cole

Joe Cole, Essien, Ballack, Robben

Drogba, Shevchenko

A more potent goal threat, i feel than the one Chelsea currently comand.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 pm

steve bruce at villa. he'd buy his son and play him alongside ridgewell in cd and buy heskey to play alongside carew up front. hoofs away...

then when we lost every game he'd stand there on match of the day doing his penitent potato face, as he asks for fans to show patience.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Sun May 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Probably get us to win a game.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun May 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:Probably get us to win a game.

I can't believe you beat us twice Shocked
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun May 06, 2007 1:50 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:
    Sgoater1 wrote:Probably get us to win a game.

I can't believe you beat us twice Shocked

Yeah but you have to look at the fact that we were decent earlier in the season and you were $h!t, at the moment its the opposite.

Cos it was earlier inthe season Tevez couldnt even get a shot on target against us and Samaras bagged 2 against you but now its all changed.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun May 06, 2007 3:57 pm

i gues rijkaards team would look like this:

-----------------casillas----------------

cicinho-------cannavaro-----ramos----carlos

----------gago--------guti---------------

---------------cassano----------------

reyes---------nistelrooy----------robinho

i think that would be something like that maybe diarra instead of cassano with him changing with guti. now cappellos barcelona would be alot more interesting.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Capello at Barcelona:

Valdes
    Oleguer-Puyol-Thuram-Zambrotta
    Marquez-Edmilson
    Iniesta-----Deco-------Ronaldinho
    Etoo
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2007-04-04

Post by zen and the art of Sun May 06, 2007 9:12 pm

Fergie would quite probably be something along the lines of:

- - - - - - - - Reina
    Finnan - Carragher - Agger - Aurelio
    Pennant - Alonso - Gerrard - Gonzalez
    - - - - - - - - - - Garcia
    - - - - - - Bellamy

Think we'd set up to hit teams alot quicker on the break with him in charge. Gerrard in a Fergie team would be bloody awesome.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun May 06, 2007 9:33 pm

How would Rafa do with the Manchester United team ?
    zen and the art of
    zen and the art of

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2007-04-04

Post by zen and the art of Sun May 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Rai Krol wrote:How would Rafa do with the Manchester United team ?

Win in Europe Razz

Hmm... Something like this perhaps?

- - - - - - - Van Der Saar
    Neville - Ferdinand - Vidic - Heinze
    - - - - - Carrick - Scholes
    - - - Rooney - Giggs - Ronaldo
    - - - - - - - - Saha
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun May 06, 2007 9:51 pm

----------- Van Der Sar
    Neville --- Rio -- Vidic -- Heinze
    Ronaldo - Fletcher - Carrick - Evra
    ------------ Giggs/Scholes
    -------------- Rooney

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2007 10:01 pm

capello is a huge messi fan so i think he would start
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sun May 06, 2007 10:09 pm

Benitez would make us better at penalties, but we'd have to give up our hopes of winning the league:

--------------Cech-----------
    Ferreira-Carvalho-Terry-A Cole
    ------------Makelele----------
    Joe Cole-----Ballack----Robben
    ---------Drogba-Sheva--------
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun May 06, 2007 10:09 pm

Zen , I think he would have changed your leading striker, pennant and Gonzalez would have been asked to stretch the opposition and change positions and also at times change position with Garcia , Gerrard as you said would be awesome.

Benitez for Utd , I posted above.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun May 06, 2007 10:13 pm

With that squad S4P2 and Fergie you would score alot of goals.
    Cech
    New RB---Carvalho----Terry----Cole

Kalou---Essien---Ballack---Robben

-------Cole-----------
    -------------Drogba-----
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 pm

I think Fergie will always be a two striker man if he's got the personell. J Cole wouldn't offer enough goals in the hole either.

It'd be that personell but Joe Cole at right mid and Kalou next to Drogba. Or maybe Sheva in Kalou's place.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun May 06, 2007 10:21 pm

Interchanging is my idea , even Robben , Kalou to have a more free role like Ronnie to roam around.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sun May 06, 2007 11:43 pm

If anyone was going to play in that 'hole' just behind the striker, it'd have to be Lampard.

Nobody else would get enough goals.

So (using your line-up that you suggested)

J Cole--Essien--Ballack--Robben
    ------Lampard-----------------
    --------------Drogba----------

But I'd prefer:

J Cole--Essien--Ballack--Robben
    ----------Drogba-Sheva-------

Sheva would thrive on that service.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun May 06, 2007 11:55 pm

kas wrote:Capello at Barcelona:

Valdes
    Oleguer-Puyol-Thuram-Zambrotta
    Marquez-Edmilson
    Iniesta-----Deco-------Ronaldinho
    Etoo
    no way. he will defo have messi in there since he loves that player. heard him say many times how much he likes him and that he tried to sign him for juve.instead of iniesta. that team isnt too far from the cl team you used last season.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon May 07, 2007 12:43 am

Yeah I was going to put Messi in there thinking the same reasons as you and Messiah pointed out, but then I remembered Capello's reluctance to play Robinho and so I left him out based on that. Plus Deco is an old midfield player, which Capello likes. In fact, I should probably put Xavi instead of Iniesta Razz

The 11 players are similar to our normal team but the formation, tactics, mindset, etc. will all be radically different if Capello was in charge.

I'd also be considering the pros and cons of various suicide techniques if this was the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 am