Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Since 1888
Knoblauch
Deano
ibizenco
Cesc Soler
DD
Machiavel
Fey
12 posters

The lets laugh at Belgium thread

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The lets laugh at Belgium thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The lets laugh at Belgium thread

Post by Fey Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Well I really think the bilingual situation doesn’t help either. Its not like the players are that bad, but its just not a team. Belgium in the good days, dared to play. Now they field always a too defensive team. Even against the small countries.

I really believe they need a positive coach, maybe Adriaanse will be something for Belgium! He always wanted to coach a national team, and Holland is out of the question for him. So give it a shot, or you will end up again with the likes of Gerits, Leeskens etc

@Kevin
    Yeah I think Vermaelen is dire as well!! Just look at him without Stam!
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

The lets laugh at Belgium thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The lets laugh at Belgium thread

Post by Hlebagone Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:23 pm

My super attacking Belgium team:

This presumes that everyone is playing well, not starting fights with team mates and not injured.

---------------Stijnen-------------

Vanden Borre-vermaelon-Komapany-Deschact

De Mul---Simons---Buffel-----Martens

------------Mpenza----Dembele-------
    ibizenco
    ibizenco

Number of posts : 37
    Supports : RSC Anderlecht, Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by ibizenco Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm glad to see that more and more people start to agree with me that indeed we need a Dutch coach (or a foreigner at least). Just to give a different perspective to things. Morton Olson was a candidate but the FA didn't want a foreigner and chose Vandereycken.
    I don't think the language barrier is a problem tbh.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Machiavel Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:06 pm

As Fey points out Co Adriaanse should be one of the options for the next Belgian coach after Vandereycken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:54 pm