Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Keano Is God
The Easter Bunny
Barrilete
christmasborocooper
theflyingfrenchman
Fey
poiuy1
La Saeta Rubia
Roger Hunt
Kimbo
Dick Grayson
Machiavel
Axeslammer
Since 1888
Allez les rouges
Isar Truppe
Parks lives
The-Frank-Tavern
22 posters

Pick a Player for your country

doninha

Pick a Player for your country - Page 2 Empty Re: Pick a Player for your country

Post by doninha Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:03 pm

Tonel, good spot!!!
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Pick a Player for your country - Page 2 Empty Re: Pick a Player for your country

Post by lampiao007 Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Joao Tomas. At least the guy scores a fewgoals
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:09 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:
    Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:I'd love to see Fernando Gago(age 20) playing for Argentina at senior level. But I guess it's justs a mater of time, before Basile calls him. I think he wants to give the player time to grow and start being more comfortable playing double 5 with another player(very unusual to see sole 5's in european teams these days)...Gago's latest trouble is that being so good on the distributing and creative side , he often's performs almost as a playmaker for his team, so he is a very particular 5 who gets man marked by the other teams actual playmakers and is constantly fouled when the team is attacking. I don't think that would happen if he plays for Argentina since he wouldn't be his rival's main concern

Who`s better Mascherano or Gago ?

Well Gago is still very young and he still has to learn how to deal with certain things, but IMO he's definitely the more talented(but then maybe that's not exactly what one would look in that kind of player...maybe some one more"rustic"?). Though both players are particularly good on both the defensive and ofensive side of their kind of player's job in the midfield. Mascherano is more of a defensive minded 5 weather Gago is more of an attacking one. The thing about Gago is that althouh it's amazing the amount of balls he recovers for his teams and sometimes when he is not particularly comfortable(see example above when the playmaker of the other team man marks Boca's 5) he tend to risk too much...wth the result of loosing the ball he had recoverred previously.

Mascherano is aware of his limitations on a particular game...But I think this is just more experience and maturity, that no doubt Gago will achieve with time.

I talked to a RM fan before about wether there had been any interest on the player. He told me that if he was going to be signed the key was Redondo. That talking about Redondo was major words in Madrid and precisley him being compared to Fernando was what had cathed RM's attention rather than the actual player.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:38 am

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Silva
    Gavilan
    Albiol
    Riki
    Luis Garcia
    Raul Garcia
    Cani
    Jesus Navas
    Barragan

Take your pick ...
    If I had to pick, I'd pick Albiol. Especially considering the strengths present already in the Spanish midfield and that Marchena and Salgado are getting on a little some new blood is needed in defence.

Second choice would be Navas since Joaquín hasn't always impressed me all that much.
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Looks like Nani has got his chance.
    Quaresma out with an injury and in comes Nani.

Not good to see Quaresma out, but he should be back soon.
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 pm

broken jaw!!!! but I don't wish any bad to the gipsy king. Just that he is quickly sold, and he can take Andersson and Ibson with him.

So, if Nani is not avaiable for me to choose... TONEL!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:39 pm