Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Rasiak-9
Deluded F*ck™
lrdsucksgoats
Oleguerisntthatbad
SteveOoO
Kimbo
blutgraetsche
Rez
Eduardo-sexin-the-arsenal
Sgoater1
Tweesus
Ä
Lard
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
robert
Football Genius
Parks lives
Luis
Roger Hunt
23 posters

Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end

Poll

Will 4pts affect Man United's final league position?

[ 16 ]
    Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Bar_left80%Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Bar_right [80%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Bar_left20%Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Poll closed
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Empty Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:18 pm

So

Will Man UNIL-NILted regret their slowish start to the season?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Empty Re: Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end

Post by Luis Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:20 pm

Yes.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end Empty Re: Will Man U's 'dropped' 4 points make a difference at the end

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Frank Tavern just made this thread.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Yes but he didn't make it a poll, so in his thread I said 'I'm going to make a poll'.

I voted no BTW.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743

Post by Football Genius Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Well it will make a difference in the sense they will not be able to claim those 4 points back.

In terms of the title, currently... no. The likes of Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal will all drop 4 points during this season.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Yup I think so. I think more teams will take more points off the top 4, i also think that competition between the top 4 is stiffer.
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
    Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:25 pm

How the hell could 4 dropped points not make a difference at the end? scratch Smile
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 pm

The only way I can see it having an effect is psychologically. If Chelsea carve out an early lead it might help them. I think it helped Man U last year, the chasing team gets depressed if they keep winning but can't close the gap.
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Maybe if we win the title by 6 points, we will say, ah it could have been by 10 if it were not for them two games Grr
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:28 pm

yep

of course it will

I predicted Chelsea to win the title

and they WILL

ManU should write this season off , go back to the drawing board and make sure to be one step ahead next year

wahre g
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Owen wrote:How the hell could 4 dropped points not make a difference at the end? scratch Smile

If you win the league by 5 or more points, or are second, 5 points behind the winners....
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:33 pm

entarteter Otto wrote:yep

of course it will

and they WILL

ManU should write this season off , go back to the drawing board and make sure to be one step ahead next year

wahre g

Ah what words of wisdom after ONLY 2 games of the season Doh
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:33 pm

of course it will

and they WILL

wahre g

We could always do a Liverpool and concentrate on the Champions League......
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:35 pm

Pompey away was always going to be tough and you expected them to not win it (or at least I did). The Reading home game was a game that Utd really should have won though - so for me the issue is one of two points rather than four. And no, I don't think it will affect them too much - although losing Ronaldo might. If they lose to Citeh then questions will be raised
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Parks lives wrote: We could always do a Liverpool and concentrate on the Champions League......

Good idea ok
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:
    Parks lives wrote: We could always do a Liverpool and concentrate on the Champions League......

Good idea ok

Yeah, Utd may win it more than just the 2 times then Laughing
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Its only 2 games, still 36 to play, its far too early for it to make a significant differnece at the moment. If they lose to us and then say draw with Spurs whilst Chelsea win their 2 games THEN it would be a massive job for U*d. (although i cant see U*d going 4 games without a win so this wouldnt happen)

At the moment its early days and there is a lot of time for games to be won and lost by both U*d and Chelsea.

Number of posts : 116
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Robin Van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Kaka
    Registration date : 2007-07-16

Post by Eduardo-sexin-the-arsenal Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Could make a psychological difference, especially if Chelsea win this weekend and maintain their lead.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:33 pm

of course it will

and they WILL

wahre g

Well united might as well not bother, as we all know everyone of ottos predictions come true

Otto der Schweinehund wrote:on current CL form Valencia and Roma are at the top

ManU were without creativity or wit; they simply don't get into any scoring positions in Europe; quite poor

Chelsea are dogged but not more

both teams are smelling blood big time: big names like Real, Barca, Inter, Chelsea, ManU have all been eliminated already, allowing for a clear passage to the final

Chelsea and ManU are OUT

believe you me

on paper you still have a chance

on the pitch tomorrow you will get raped

true story

entarteter Otto wrote:@axe

don't worry

Bayern will destroy English illusions

first by humbling ManU

then by humiliating either Liverpool or Chelsea

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

ok Well played Rez, always good for a laugh our German counter part.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:14 pm

Football Genius wrote:ok Well played Rez, always good for a laugh our German counter part.

Your 'German counterpart'? So you admit being a WUM then? Appreciate your honesty. Very Happy
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Man Utd are ran by greedy yank eejits, that's why they've got off to a dodgy start. Instead of playing games that would actually help them prepare, they went off to the far east to play the vietcong FC XI or whatever for a few extra pennies. This doesn't surprise me at all. Bubbly
    Lard
    Lard

Number of posts : 3822
    Registration date : 2007-03-31

Post by Lard Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Kimbo wrote:Man Utd are ran by greedy yank eejits, that's why they've got off to a dodgy start. Instead of playing games that would actually help them prepare, they went off to the far east to play the vietcong FC XI or whatever for a few extra pennies. This doesn't surprise me at all. Bubbly

So not the fact that in the first game, man utd lost Rooney to injury who was the only fit striker at that time.....against a side who refused to attack. Or in the second game 15 odd chances missed then the other team got a lucky goal.
    Not to mention the fact we went to asia and america before any yanks took over. Doh <Ale> Biggrin
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:30 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Man Utd are ran by greedy yank eejits, that's why they've got off to a dodgy start. Instead of playing games that would actually help them prepare, they went off to the far east to play the vietcong FC XI or whatever for a few extra pennies. This doesn't surprise me at all. Bubbly

So not the fact that in the first game, man utd lost Rooney to injury who was the only fit striker at that time.....against a side who refused to attack. Or in the second game 15 odd chances missed then the other team got a lucky goal.
    Not to mention the fact we went to asia and america before any yanks took over. Doh <Ale> Biggrin

Boo hoo, you got an injury and the other team played defensive. Shocking. Rolling Eyes
    SteveOoO

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2006-08-29

Post by SteveOoO Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Chelsea went to America to play $h!t opposition for money. Every team does it. Man U played Inter before the league started.

Chelsea will drop points too, you can't usually tell how the league will play out until after Christmas. Admittedly over the last few years the team leading at Christmas has won it. Except I think when United were leading IIRC and Ferdinand got banned then I think Arsenal or Chelsea went on to win the league, I can't remember exactly which season that was but I think that's the last time it had played out in this manner.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:18 pm

SteveOoO wrote:

Chelsea went to America to play $h!t opposition for money. Every team does it. Man U played Inter before the league started.

We don't Razz
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:40 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    SteveOoO wrote:

We don't Razz

maybe nobody wants to pay enough to cover all those first class plane tickets Wink
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:06 am

SteveOoO wrote:

Chelsea will drop points too, you can't usually tell how the league will play out until after Christmas. Admittedly over the last few years the team leading at Christmas has won it. Except I think when United were leading IIRC and Ferdinand got banned then I think Arsenal or Chelsea went on to win the league, I can't remember exactly which season that was but I think that's the last time it had played out in this manner.

It was Arsenal's unbeaten season.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:08 am

Tweedle wrote:
    SteveOoO wrote:

We don't Razz

Neither do we, infact most teams don't. Most teams will play a few physical british sides and a couple of top level continental teams. I don't see what playing some team in the far east does for you beyond the money aspect.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:24 am

Not at this point in time. Unless people are expecting Chelsea & 'Pool to both gain Maximum points this season.... Whistle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:26 pm