Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+44
Bashmachkin
The Easter Bunny
Fade out
Jaime
Pras_tama
Xavier
Rosicky
worms.
Murray
Romford Pele
Brian2468
Hlebagone
S4P
blutgraetsche
fcb
stinger
BoBo Vieri 32
Black Magic
Pierre Littbarski
Deluded F*ck™
110%
COTR
Sheffield gunner
Isco Benny
TheCrazy58
Puro
Dick Grayson
christmasborocooper
Axeslammer
bluenine
Fey
Allez les rouges
Luis
The Pröfessör
DD
Parks lives
Kroos
Kimbo
TM
Aristoskank
Tom
L r dd
debaser
Glenarch of the Glen
48 posters

John Terry dropped as England captain

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

John Terry dropped as England captain Empty John Terry dropped as England captain

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:21 pm

wait, isn't there already a Crazy
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

John Terry dropped as England captain Empty Re: John Terry dropped as England captain

Post by debaser Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:39 pm

lol! @ Terry.

--

David James or Wayne Rooney for captain, says I ok
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

John Terry dropped as England captain Empty Re: John Terry dropped as England captain

Post by L r dd Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 pm

So bookies say

Gerrard 4/7
    Rooney 15/8
    Rio 8/1

IMO Rooney captain would be a huge mistake.

Becks is 33/1. Looks good to me he'd never have an affair!
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:56 pm

So if its Gerrard, are the FA admitting that beating up a DJ and fighting some youths is fine when its compared to adultery? This is a great message to send to the younger generations.

Or missing a drugs test and being banned for it is fine compared to sleeping around.

Rooney would be a mistake too, the world cup is already on his shoulders, no need to make him captain and have him have even more pressure.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Didn't Beckham have a bit of an affair with

John Terry dropped as England captain Mini_rebecca_loos_naked_2

?

Ashley Cole for captain says I.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Forgetting to go to one drugs test about 6 years ago is hardly comparable to sleeping with a teammates bitch when you have a wife dude. I agree on Gerrard though.

It's definitely a strange one because nobody seems right for the role.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Rio is captain.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Bah. Silly knee jerk descision to the media crap.

Terry is easily the best man for the job.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:43 pm

TM wrote:Bah. Silly knee jerk descision to the media crap.

Capello knows what he's doing, he's not a novice, his mothers milk isn't still wet on his lips. He will have talked to some senior players and found out what the squad is thinking, and he will have based his opinion on it.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

my ranking:

1. hargreaves
    2. barry
    3. defoe
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Özil wrote:my ranking:

3. defoe

Laughing

Bad enough you've got Hargreaves who's not played in years but Defoe!?
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Capello knows what he's doing, he's not a novice, his mothers milk isn't still wet on his lips. He will have talked to some senior players and found out what the squad is thinking, and he will have based his opinion on it.

Well if you believe what you read, Gerrard/Lamps/Rooney didnt want the arm band, wanted JT as the captain blah blah blah.

I think the descision should have been made purely on footballing reasons. And we all know JT is the best leader within the squad.

Italians usually have a thing for defenders as captains, so I'm guessing Rio "brap" Ferdinand will be the next skipper.

Last edited by TM on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Özil wrote:my ranking:

1. hargreaves
    2. barry
    3. defoe

What about Dean Ashton and Horatio Nelson? Rolling Eyes
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:48 pm

TM wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Well if you believe what you read, Gerrard/Lamps/Rooney didnt want the arm band, wanted JT as the captain blah blah blah.

I think the descision should have been made purely on footballing reasons. And we all know JT is the best leader within the squad.

Italians usually have a thing for defenders as captains, so I'm guess Rio "brap" Ferdinand will be the next skipper.

He WAS the best leader in the squad. 90% of being a leader is about commanding respect. Don't pretend you know what the squad are thinking, Capello knows what he's doing and whatever he decides is fine with me.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 pm

1. Rio Ferdinand
    2. Steven Gerrard
    3. Wayne Rooney
    4. Frank Lampard

Only possible candidates I can see. I'd hate it to be Lampard plus he might not accept with his best mate just losing the role.
    Rooney will get the armband one day so it could make sense, however as people have said he's got far too much expectation already.

Has to be Gerrard or Ferdinand but then neither have been shining examples in their careers off the pitch either & Gerrard has never even played well for England on a consistent basis.

Touch choice but I do think Terry had to be dropped as captain, especially with more revelations on the way.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 pm

It's already been chosen it's Rio ffs
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    TM wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Italians usually have a thing for defenders as captains, so I'm guess Rio "brap" Ferdinand will be the next skipper.

He WAS the best leader in the squad. 90% of being a leader is about commanding respect. Don't pretend you know what the squad are thinking, Capello knows what he's doing and whatever he decides is fine with me.

I wasn't... Neutral

Point taken tho', probably would have been a tad difficult to take JT seriously after this whole ordeal, esp if he's barking orders at you on the pitch.

Rio has been confirmed, decent enough choice ok
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

L r dd wrote:It's already been chosen it's Rio ffs

I'm fine with that. It's not going to be the most popular choice though and I expect a few people/journalists to bring up his missed drugs test again.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

lol what a bunch of loosers left

gerrard: whos every year in the medias because he loves to fight
    rooney: a men who becomes in every tournament a black out
    ferdinand: his flaws for england are legendary
    fat frank: his shittness for england even more
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Parks lives wrote:
    L r dd wrote:It's already been chosen it's Rio ffs

I'm fine with that. It's not going to be the most popular choice though and I expect a few people/journalists to bring up his missed drugs test again.

I would have thought his fitness would be more of an issue.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 pm

You fucking were you little gypsy
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:53 pm

L r dd wrote:So bookies say

Gerrard 4/7 - Superman MBE beating up a DJ with his mates
    Rooney 15/8 - shagging grannies, cursing at refs (also in a bar fight? scratch)
    Rio 8/1 - forgot drug test, merke'd
    A. Cole - Irresponsible driver, adulterer
    Becks - Old, married Posh

Neutral
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Özil wrote:lol what a bunch of loosers left

gerrard: whos every year in the medias because he loves to fight
    rooney: a men who becomes in every tournament a black out
    ferdinand: his flaws for england are legendary
    fat frank: his shittness for england even more

Performance wise, he's superb. The last two World Cups he's been one of the best defenders in the competition.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Has Rio had the armband for United often?
    And how were his performances as player and captain those times?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Ferdinand was awesome 8 years ago ok

my recent memories of him in an England shirt are the Holland game and the Ukraine game. pale
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Loads, when Neville was out injured he was back up to Giggs for a season and a half and been captain in at least 25 or more games. Never noticed a drop in performance myself.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 pm

he was captain for United's Champions League win in 2008

the word on the street is that he's not too fussed about football these days and is more interested in his tv, film, music, clothing and charity projects.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Wenger - Role of the captain is overplayed

By Nick Teale

Arsène Wenger believes the role of captain isn't as important in football as some people make out.

The manager feels that the influence of a skipper is overplayed in England because the player who leads the side out before a match cannot have much impact on other players once the game kicks off.

Wenger acknowledges that captaincy is more relevant in other major team sports, such as rugby and cricket, but he has his doubts that the ‘armband' really matters in football.

"Yes [captaincy] is overplayed, without a doubt," said the manager.

"[You have to make] an instant decision in a very quick time. The captain has no time to interfere with the individual decisions of the players on the pitch.

"Maybe in some other sports like rugby the captain has a bit more freedom and importance than in football."

Wenger also offered his take on why the role of team captain is deemed so important in English sport. He believes it could be down to the history of the country.

"Maybe it has historical roots in battles and fighting," he said. "Certainly the captain had always traditionally in the history of England, a big role and a big importance.

"I like that, but team sport is linked with recent history, the 20th Century. Before you had no team sport, it turned up with democracy. Before that, it was all fighting, and so maybe it is linked with historical roots."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-role-of-the-captain-is-overplayed

--------------------------------

Couldn't agree more.

It always baffles why so much importance is placed on the role of captains. Should England underform at the WC you'll no doubt hear people link it with Terry losing the captaincy.
    DD
    DD

Post by DD Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Parks lives wrote:Loads, when Neville was out injured he was back up to Giggs for a season and a half and been captain in at least 25 or more games. Never noticed a drop in performance myself.
    You should be fine then. ok Ale
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 pm

The Professor wrote:

It always baffles why so much importance is placed on the role of captains.

well let's save you from getting anymore saliva on your shoes, stop that mouthbrathing and I'll explain it to you.

If England win the World Cup the photograph of the England captain will become an iconic image for years to come

John Terry dropped as England captain Bobby%20moore

so we don't really want someone with such a dodgy public profile as the face of the nation for years to come

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:26 pm