Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tweesus
Allez les rouges
Di Caniooooo!
BoBo Vieri 32
3zycupid
DeLux
bluenine
Murray
Deano
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
14 posters

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread Empty Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Next up Ukraine. If we win in Kiev--God willing we do--I think we'll be back on track. Losing could really complicate things for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Donadoni blames Bayern
    Sunday 9 September, 2007
    Roberto Donadoni has blamed Bayern Munich for Luca Toni’s injury and looks ahead to Wednesday’s must-win match in Ukraine.

Toni had hoped to recover from a thigh strain in time to face France last night, but instead was ruled out of next week’s Euro 2008 qualifier as well, so Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta received a late call.

“It is a shame about Toni, as his injury is not serious, but it is painful,” explained the Italy Coach.

“As soon as he kicked the ball, he felt these bad twinges in his thigh. I think in Germany they underestimated the extent of the problem. I really doubt he will play the next game with Bayern Munich.”

The former Fiorentina hitman suffered the injury while scoring a goal in the Bundesliga a fortnight ago and the diagnosis was more and more serious as time went on.

Toni was much missed in the 0-0 draw with France on Saturday evening, as Pippo Inzaghi could not play the same tactical role and was often left isolated upfront.

“I have no regrets, as we could not do any more than that. We have to start learning our own limitations,” said Donadoni of the reigning world champions. “The important thing was not to lose that game.”

The San Siro showdown also saw several other players pick up injuries, but the Coach was more reassuring.

“Andrea Pirlo just got a knock to the ankle. Daniele De Rossi had a few problems in the closing stages, while Gianluca Zambrotta had cramp. Of course we will miss Gennaro Gattuso due to his ban, but overall we should recover.”

As Scotland have leapfrogged Italy into second place in Group B, Wednesday’s trip to Kiev becomes even more decisive than the match with France.

“I am not making calculations. I certainly will not be happy with the draw in Ukraine, as we are going there to win.

“Today my collaborator will arrive and give me the low-down on our next opponents, having watched them closely during their 1-1 draw in Georgia last night. That is when I will start to prepare the match.”
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread Empty Re: Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Post by Deano Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:53 pm

So he has basically admitted he played not to lose...rather than to win. I honestly have no confidence in him at all.

I'd rather play something like this against Ukraine.

-------------------Buffon---------

Oddo---Cannavaro---Barzagli---Zambrotta

------------Gattuso---De Rossi---------------

----Camoranesi---Perrotta---Di Natale

-------------------Iaquinta-------------------

We can't go with the same team and tactics as last time. Drop Pirlo, Inzaghi and Del Piero from the starting XI.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread Empty Re: Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Post by Murray Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Deano Ashton wrote:So he has basically admitted he played not to lose...rather than to win. I honestly have no confidence in him at all.

We can't go with the same team and tactics as last time. Drop Pirlo, Inzaghi and Del Piero from the starting XI.

You can't play that team, Gattuso is suspended. And Di Natale is $h!t.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Ahh f@ck I forgot he was suspended. Great.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:24 pm

From the looks of it, Di Natale may start... but I agree with Murray, he is $h!t - not meant for this level! Play Foggia instead! Why did Donadoni not take Rosina, that was silly!

Most likely Ambrosini for Gattuso... and Pirlo might play afterall, dropping De Rossi to the bench! I rather see De Rossi and Aquilani play, than Pirlo and Ambrosini.

Murray wrote:
    Deano Ashton wrote:So he has basically admitted he played not to lose...rather than to win. I honestly have no confidence in him at all.

You can't play that team, Gattuso is suspended. And Di Natale is $h!t.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:25 pm

any idea where I can catch this game? Does not seem to be on sky Sad

any net broad cast?
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:05 pm

They'll show it on RAI
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Number of posts : 290
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : R. Baggio, Del Piero & Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by 3zycupid Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:08 pm

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match3.htm
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:22 pm

i have downloaded TVU - any channel there showing the game?

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:23 pm

bluenine wrote:i have downloaded TVU - any channel there showing the game?

Try the Chinese channels man. CCTV.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:22 pm

We are playing like shite!

Iaquinta and Panucci (why the hell is he even playing, whats wrong with Oddo?) suck big time
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Goal, first decent attack by italy and goal... very lucky. Di Natale on a pirlo cross.

Ukr 0-1 Italy

Italy have been playing like a Serie B side.

BoBo Vieri wrote:We are playing like shite!

Iaquinta and Panucci (why the hell is he even playing, whats wrong with Oddo?) suck big time
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Panucci plays but Oddo doesn't?? Doh
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:41 am

Must admit, the win flatered Italy yesterday.

Italy were too defensive most of the game, and I can only highlight Cannavaro, Barzagli and Buffon as having a good game apart from 2 goal Di Natale, who took his few chances. Italy looked better when Aquilani came on, and I think he should become a starter - he is the best guy to replace Totti.

Donadoni needs to get out of his conservative shell... I think the scots can beat a defensive italy, but would stand little chance against an attacking Italy. Donadoni needs to give some youngsters a run in the next coupla games, specially against Faroe islands... Aquilani, Rosina, and Foggia should be drafted in.

Hopefully Toni will be back by then, that should guarantee some goals. I would like to see the following line-up against in the next few games:

------------------Buffon
    Oddo - Cannavaro - Barzagli - Zambrotta
    -------------De Rossi - Gattuso
    Foggia -----------Aquilani--------------Rosina
    ---------------------Toni

Its time to put the likes of Camoranesi, DP, & Perrotta on the bench. Pirlo should be given a rest too, Italy need to try out fresh talent.

But knowing Italy and Donadoni, that will never happen. Crying or Very sad

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Pirlo was one of Italy's best players as was Ambrosini.

If you mean rest for Pirlo, I hope you mean in terms of fatigue not form.

Also, is it not sad that there was one player on the pitch on Saturday who played for Inter, and he was Vieira Sad?

Inter are really not helping Donadoni at all. I don't mean this as a jibe, but I want to get your opinion.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 pm

I feel like I'm going to throw up just thinking about the Scotland - Italy match.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:I feel like I'm going to throw up just thinking about the Scotland - Italy match.

Is that the hangover, the divided loyalties, the excitement/tension or what?? Wink
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:47 pm

It was such a Cr@p game, that even average performances look good to you... I did much rather have De Rossi or Gattuso instead of Ambrosini.

As for Inter's contribution for donadoni, I guess we are not in the business of doing that!! The name "Internazionale" stands for giving everyone a chance irrespective of nationality, you forget why we split from Milan in the first place...

That said, a lot of kids from our academy in the last 5-10 years have made it big, so there is some contribution. Even now, azzurini prodigies like Aquafresca, Potenza, Andreolli and Balotelli are Inter's contribution to italian football. The Inter youth academy is becoming better and better, and we do supply a lot of talent to smaller Serie A clubs and Serie B sides. Some of these guys will become big for Italy in the future, whether they do that at Inter or some other club does not mean Inter did not contribute.

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Pirlo was one of Italy's best players as was Ambrosini.

Also, is it not sad that there was one player on the pitch on Saturday who played for Inter, and he was Vieira Sad?

Inter are really not helping Donadoni at all. I don't mean this as a jibe, but I want to get your opinion.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:23 pm

bluenine wrote:It was such a Cr@p game, that even average performances look good to you... I did much rather have De Rossi or Gattuso instead of Ambrosini.

As for Inter's contribution for donadoni, I guess we are not in the business of doing that!! The name "Internazionale" stands for giving everyone a chance irrespective of nationality, you forget why we split from Milan in the first place...

That said, a lot of kids from our academy in the last 5-10 years have made it big, so there is some contribution. Even now, azzurini prodigies like Aquafresca, Potenza, Andreolli and Balotelli are Inter's contribution to italian football. The Inter youth academy is becoming better and better, and we do supply a lot of talent to smaller Serie A clubs and Serie B sides. Some of these guys will become big for Italy in the future, whether they do that at Inter or some other club does not mean Inter did not contribute.

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Pirlo was one of Italy's best players as was Ambrosini.

Inter’s an Italian team notwithstanding all your one-worlder rhetoric. I also know why you split from Milan.

They should help the national team. Quite why they barely have any Italian players is beyond me. It’s also embarrassing, IMO.

I understand Moratti LOVES Argentineans, but come on.

Ambrosini and Pirlo got good/great reviews in the Italian media. As did Di Natale and Buffon. Italy didn’t play well, but Ambro and Pirlo did.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    Di Caniooooo! wrote:I feel like I'm going to throw up just thinking about the Scotland - Italy match.

Is that the hangover, the divided loyalties, the excitement/tension or what?? Wink
    A little of all three, though I'm not really an Italian supporter, if they play someone I'll support them unless its Scotland, or if Scotland needs an Italian loss.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:56 pm

@ FIFM

I know Pirlo and Ambro got the assists but i wouldnt say they played well. Pirlo was hitting lots of wayward passes and trying (unsucessfully) to dribble past opponents, whereas Ambrosini just hardly got involved.

@ Bluenine

I still think we should go with the 4231. We need Toni back for that though. Also what is important is who are the supporting 2 - ADP and Camo were just shite and didnt help Inzaghi out at all. Ideally we should have Cassano supporting on the left (or even right) since he is very creative it woul mean we arent so reliant on Pirlo for that moment of magic. The other supporting striker should be ADN or Quagliarella.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Besides setting up the two goals in a scrappy encounter...

Pirlo, Ambro, Di Natale and Buffon saved Italy against Ukraine. I didn't say they were stunning, but they did play fairly well.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:59 pm

How has Pirlo started this season. He was largely dissappointing last season

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:How has Pirlo started this season. He was largely dissappointing last season

Very well. He has been one of our best players. His performance against Sevilla was incredible.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Italy's expected starting line-up:

--------------------Buffon
    Oddo -- Cannavaro - Barzagli -- Chiellini
    ------Ambrosini -- Pirlo -- Gattuso
    Iaquinta ---------- Toni -------------Di Natale

IMO, De Rossi should start over Ambrosini. But apart from that, this looks good. Italy needs to attack the $h!t outta Georgia!!

And hopefully Ukraine will do their job well Wink
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:07 pm

bluenine wrote:Italy's expected starting line-up:

IMO, De Rossi should start over Ambrosini. But apart from that, this looks good. Italy needs to attack the $h!t outta Georgia!!

Nice line up. Italy should win quite comfortably. Georgia is one of the weakest team of this group
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 pm

Even if Italy win, there is a danger if the team does not win comfortably... that would plant a seed of doubt in Donadoni's mind, and may make him change to a 2 striker formation against the scots, which could be disasterous!!!

Italy needs to attack the scots, hit them hard with all of the italian striking power, thats the ONLY way to ensure victory... any other strategy has the possibility of a scottish sucker punch.

Alive and Kicking wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Italy's expected starting line-up:

Nice line up. Italy should win quite comfortably. Georgia is one of the weakest team of this group
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Not a convincing win, but Italy did enough and showed purpose against Georgia. It will do.

After Foggia made his debut yesterday, looks like Donadoni is about to hand debuts to Rosina and Montolivo in the friendly against South Africa!! Thats a good move, I think Rosina can take over Quagliarella's spot if he continues to under perform. And Montolivo could prove to be an excellent back up for Pirlo in the long run.

Also in the defence, Gamberini & Dossena could get some action, and so could Cannavaro jr. New call ups also include Nocerino!

This is good, the new generation are being given their chance at last!!
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:46 pm

bluenine wrote:Not a convincing win, but Italy did enough and showed purpose against Georgia. It will do.

After Foggia made his debut yesterday, looks like Donadoni is about to hand debuts to Rosina and Montolivo in the friendly against South Africa!! Thats a good move, I think Rosina can take over Quagliarella's spot if he continues to under perform. And Montolivo could prove to be an excellent back up for Pirlo in the long run.

Also in the defence, Gamberini & Dossena could get some action, and so could Cannavaro jr. New call ups also include Nocerino!

It won't do against Scotland though. 3 points will be picked up against Faroe Islands no doubt. Against Scotand there MUST be an improvement...

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:43 pm

Deano Ashton (ENG)(ITA) wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Not a convincing win, but Italy did enough and showed purpose against Georgia. It will do.

It won't do against Scotland though. 3 points will be picked up against Faroe Islands no doubt. Against Scotand there MUST be an improvement...

If we play like how we did in the first half, then I think we can win in Scotland. The second half was disjointed and forgettable.

I would stick with the trident. We should have been 2-0 up at half-time yesterday.

Italians play the best when under pressure; I think Italy can do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 am