Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tweesus
Allez les rouges
Di Caniooooo!
BoBo Vieri 32
3zycupid
DeLux
bluenine
Murray
Deano
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
14 posters

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Post by Di Caniooooo! Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Deano Ashton (ENG)(ITA) wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Not a convincing win, but Italy did enough and showed purpose against Georgia. It will do.

After Foggia made his debut yesterday, looks like Donadoni is about to hand debuts to Rosina and Montolivo in the friendly against South Africa!! Thats a good move, I think Rosina can take over Quagliarella's spot if he continues to under perform. And Montolivo could prove to be an excellent back up for Pirlo in the long run.

Also in the defence, Gamberini & Dossena could get some action, and so could Cannavaro jr. New call ups also include Nocerino!

This is good, the new generation are being given their chance at last!!

IMUST be an improvement...
    I hope not!
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italia- Euro 2008 Qualifying Thread

Post by A & K Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:02 am

What will happen if two teams have the same amount of points at the end? Will the team with the better goal difference will go through or will it depend on the results of these two teams against each other?
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Napoléon Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:What will happen if two teams have the same amount of points at the end? Will the team with the better goal difference will go through or will it depend on the results of these two teams against each other?

It will depend on the results first. France will qualify if we have the same amount of points than Italy.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Napoléon wrote:
    Alive and Kicking wrote:What will happen if two teams have the same amount of points at the end? Will the team with the better goal difference will go through or will it depend on the results of these two teams against each other?

It will depend on the results first. France will qualify if we have the same amount of points than Italy.

To do that you must win both yours and hope we don't win both ours.

Are you looking forward to being a neutral for Euro 2008?
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 pm

france are definitely through if they win both of their games, because italy and scotland can't both reach 28pts.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:57 pm

debaser wrote:france are definitely through if they win both of their games, because italy and scotland can't both reach 28pts.

Yeah, I meant if we finish on the same points. Ukraine will hopefully stop them anyway.
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:23 pm

debaser wrote:france are definitely through if they win both of their games, because italy and scotland can't both reach 28pts.

Yeah, I meant if we finish on the same points. Ukraine will hopefully stop them anyway.

If you lose against Scotland, a draw in Ukraine would be enough for us.

Be careful, I don't want Italy elimination, but France qualification. I think, between the 3 teams, we have the hardest job : a win in Ukrainia. And first we have to beat Lituania.

So good luck Italy... <Ale>
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Napoléon wrote:

If you lose against Scotland, a draw in Ukraine would be enough for us.

Be careful, I don't want Italy elimination, but France qualification. I think, between the 3 teams, we have the hardest job : a win in Ukrainia. And first we have to beat Lituania.

So good luck Italy... <Ale>

Merci Napoléon...Thats about the nicest thing you've said about Italy. Personally as long as we go through I'm happy...so good luck to you too Ale
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Number of posts : 290
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : R. Baggio, Del Piero & Buffon

Post by 3zycupid Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 pm

A draw in Scotland will almost send Italy though.
    Forza Georgia.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:45 pm

Yeah well...Scotland at Hampden isn't easy.
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:39 am

I think it will be harder for Italy to win in Scotland than France in Ukraine, because Scotland can still qualify, whereas Ukraine is out already. I don't think Scotland will win, nore Ukraine will, but this can happen nonetheless. With the loss of Scotland against Georgia, things do look better for Italy and France though.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:45 am

Alive and Kicking wrote:I think it will be harder for Italy to win in Scotland than France in Ukraine, because Scotland can still qualify, whereas Ukraine is out already. I don't think Scotland will win, nore Ukraine will, but this can happen nonetheless. With the loss of Scotland against Georgia, things do look better for Italy and France though.

Italy can also draw though...
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:30 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Alive and Kicking wrote:I think it will be harder for Italy to win in Scotland than France in Ukraine, because Scotland can still qualify, whereas Ukraine is out already. I don't think Scotland will win, nore Ukraine will, but this can happen nonetheless. With the loss of Scotland against Georgia, things do look better for Italy and France though.

Italy can also draw though...

If you want to have a chance to not see France at Euro and be sure Italy will go through, a draw is the best result for you <Ale>
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:31 pm

basically we need France to lose against Ukraine, and a draw against Italy. Then it would be Italy and Scotland through to the finals.
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Possible line-up for tonight?
    Mine:
    ---------------------Amelia-------------------
    Zambrotta -- Bonera -- Barzagli -- Grosso
    ---------Perotta -- Pirlo -- De Rossi---------
    --------Iaquinta -- Toni -- Palladino---------

Quagliarella, Gilardino and Lucarelli start on 2nd half.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I agree, except for Chiellini should start - he has more ability and future than Bonera.

Quagmiester also should get one half, and I hope we don't see Gila.... last thing I want is for Gila to score against Faroe and get into the Euro2008 squad... For the 6 striker positions, I want to see the following next summer:

1. Toni
    2. Iaquinta
    3. Quagliarella
    4. Di Natale
    5. Lucarelli / Vieri / Rocchi (as Toni back-up)
    6. Rosina / Palladino / Foggia (as winger back-up + future planning)

I don't wanna see the Milan pair - Gilardino (too wasteful) or Inzaghi (end of story + never liked him much).

3zycupid wrote:Possible line-up for tonight?
    Mine:

Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Italia: 4-2-3-1

The Team: Amelia ; Oddo, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Grosso ; De Rossi, Ambrosini ; Palladino, Perrotta, Iaquinta ; Toni

In Bench: Buffon, Bonera, Panucci, Gattuso, Quagliarella, Gilardino, Lucarelli

Not the team i expected, but lots of flexibility. Congratulations to Canna for now overtaking Zoff <Ale>

Last edited by on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:52 pm

bluenine wrote:I agree, except for Chiellini should start - he has more ability and future than Bonera.

Quagmiester also should get one half, and I hope we don't see Gila.... last thing I want is for Gila to score against Faroe and get into the Euro2008 squad... For the 6 striker positions, I want to see the following next summer:

1. Toni
    2. Iaquinta
    3. Quagliarella
    4. Di Natale

I don't wanna see the Milan pair - Gilardino (too wasteful) or Inzaghi (end of story + never liked him much).

Mine:

you dont think cassano can make it?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Cassano? Not at the rate he is going!! He will have to have a truely remarkable second half of the season to make the cut...

Also, Donadoni's current system does not suit players like Cassano/DP/etc. The"Trequartista" position has been done away with since Totti retired, and IMO it was the right decision. There is little suture for the classic Trequartista's in modern football. How many Serie A clubs use a classic Trequartista anyways?? I can only think of Milan (Kaka). Italy now have no one of that level. Even if I look at the kids, the only ones who could do justice to this role would be Giovinco, Rosina, Rossi, and maybe Montolivo. Of these, Giovinco & Montolivo could easily be converted into "Pirlo's" rather than "Totti's", while Rosina can be converted into a attacking winger. The only pure Trequartista who will be difficult to adjust in any other role is probably Rossi, and its too early to predict whether he will mature well enough to match the likes of Totti/Baggio/Rivera/Mazzola/etc. Hence I feel that the days of the Trequartista are probably behind us....

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    bluenine wrote:I agree, except for Chiellini should start - he has more ability and future than Bonera.

1. Toni
    2. Iaquinta
    3. Quagliarella
    4. Di Natale

Mine:

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm

bluenine wrote:Cassano? Not at the rate he is going!! He will have to have a truely remarkable second half of the season to make the cut...

Also, Donadoni's current system does not suit players like Cassano/DP/etc. The"Trequartista" position has been done away with since Totti retired, and IMO it was the right decision. There is little suture for the classic Trequartista's in modern football. How many Serie A clubs use a classic Trequartista anyways?? I can only think of Milan (Kaka). Italy now have no one of that level. Even if I look at the kids, the only ones who could do justice to this role would be Giovinco, Rosina, Rossi, and maybe Montolivo. Of these, Giovinco & Montolivo could easily be converted into "Pirlo's" rather than "Totti's", while Rosina can be converted into a attacking winger. The only pure Trequartista who will be difficult to adjust in any other role is probably Rossi, and its too early to predict whether he will mature well enough to match the likes of Totti/Baggio/Rivera/Mazzola/etc. Hence I feel that the days of the Trequartista are probably behind us....

BoBo Vieri wrote:

1. Toni
    2. Iaquinta
    3. Quagliarella
    4. Di Natale

Mine:

I think Cassano could play on the left (where Di Natale plays).

A front 3 of:
    ------------Toni--------------
    Cassano--------Quagliarella
    Would be nice. But yeh Cassano just keeps injured, must be frustrating for him. However, Don really likes him so if he starts even showing glimpses of his old self he could get the call.

Also BN, are you worried about how Don always seems to play Ambrosini in midfield over De Rossi. For some reason, Don thinks De Rossi is competing with Pirlo for a spot on the team!

Also, Oddo should still be ahead of Panucci IMO. Panucci scored a great header but fact is that hes weak defensively and the fact that hes 34 doesnt help either.

One more thing, do u think Materazzi will win his place back in the inter team? Samuel and Cordoba have been pretty impressive.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Interesting views, Bobo.
    BoBo Vieri wrote:
    I think Cassano could play on the left (where Di Natale plays).

A front 3 of:
    ------------Toni--------------
    Cassano--------Quagliarella
    Would be nice. But yeh Cassano just keeps injured, must be frustrating for him. However, Don really likes him so if he starts even showing glimpses of his old self he could get the call.
    Its possible, tho Cassano is a bit slow and this could impact the speed of the attacks... but that can be counter balanced by including Iaquinta on the other wing. However, this is not Cassano's natural position, and can only work if he is in top (read unstoppable) form. I think that is very unlikley.

Don really likes Vieri too, and I think Bobo has a much better chance of making it the way he is playing. Vieri+Toni, if both are in form how deadly that could be?!

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Also BN, are you worried about how Don always seems to play Ambrosini in midfield over De Rossi. For some reason, Don thinks De Rossi is competing with Pirlo for a spot on the team!
    I think Ambrosini gets the nod coz of his experience and his great understanding with the other 2 in the midfield. I am sure De Rossi will start most of the games, and only when Donadoni wants to be cautious (against a big team or high pressure game) Ambrosini will start. Staring De Rossi instead of Pirlo today is an experiment only, I doubt Don thinks they are substitutes. IMO Aquilani is the Pirlo replacement in Donadoni's mind, but he is injured.

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Also, Oddo should still be ahead of Panucci IMO. Panucci scored a great header but fact is that hes weak defensively and the fact that hes 34 doesnt help either.
    I agree. And hopefully thats how it will be. Oddo should be the first choice RB.

BoBo Vieri wrote:One more thing, do u think Materazzi will win his place back in the inter team? Samuel and Cordoba have been pretty impressive.
    Yeah, Matrix will win his place back... for sure. He is a champ. However, none of them are getting any younger, I guess Mancio will just rotate all of them equally.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:46 pm

15 minutes: Italy 1-0 Faroe
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:10 pm

2-0 Toni
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm

3-0 Great goal from Chiellini
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:22 pm

So far Palladino had a good game, very lively on the left flank. Cool

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Chiellini's goal--Che Bello!
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:42 pm

53' Canna off Bonera on
    3zycupid
    3zycupid

Post by 3zycupid Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:48 pm

58' Quagliarella on for Ambrosini

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:55 am