Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Juligen
Deluded F*ck™
Calidad
Barrilete
The Pröfessör
Rez
Cripps
110%
Sheffield gunner
Isco Benny
toon h
Tweesus
rza
17 posters

Is Riquelme the best international player?

rza

Number of posts : 347
    Registration date : 2006-08-31

Is Riquelme the best international player? Empty Is Riquelme the best international player?

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 am

Say for the last four years in international football, who has better figures than Riqueleme in terms of assists and goals?

Maybe i haven't watched Argentina matches a lot, but those i have watched, he rarely ever failed to have a goal or an assist in a match mainly when he plays against Brazil, but then he destroyed them in that 3-0 win in Buenos Aires.

The guy can't seem to stop creating or scoring goals. In intenational fooball he's definitely better than anyone at the moment.

Please don't mention Eduardo Silva. Razz
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Is Riquelme the best international player? Empty Re: Is Riquelme the best international player?

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:15 am

Eduardo Silva ok

What are Riquelme's stats for comparison? Peter Crouch has a surprisingly good record for England as well.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Is Riquelme the best international player? Empty Re: Is Riquelme the best international player?

Post by toon h Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 am

Healy
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:21 am

rza wrote:Say for the last four years in international football, who has better figures than Riqueleme in terms of assists and goals?

Maybe i haven't watched Argentina matches a lot, but those i have watched, he rarely ever failed to have a goal or an assist in a match mainly when he plays against Brazil, but then he destroyed them in that 3-0 win in Buenos Aires.

The guy can't seem to stop creating or scoring goals. In intenational fooball he's definitely better than anyone at the moment.

<Ale>

Well he certainly did outshine the much vaunted "best player in the World" Messi in the recent game against Chile.

He suite Argentine paerfectly, as the tactics are built to suit his sublime unique talents. Gets the best out of him.

In my mind, his substitution against Germany was a major reason why Argentina lost that match.

I would tend to agree- perhaps not over the period of 4 years though. Certainly one of the greatest players around to watch when on his game
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:23 am

Tweedle wrote:Eduardo Silva ok

What are Riquelme's stats for comparison? Peter Crouch has a surprisingly good record for England as well.

Can we please not mention small names. Twisted Evil

I'll look for his figures, but how many games can we count that Riquleme didn't have an assist or goal? Especially the ones that don't involve Brazil.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:27 am

Eduardo isn't a small name! He's already got two goals in the CL for us! Razz

And Peter Crouch is really big! Top class striker when used correctly.

David Healy is another one. His strike rate over the last couple of years has been unbelievable
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am

Tweedle wrote:Eduardo isn't a small name! He's already got two goals in the CL for us! Razz

And Peter Crouch is really big! Top class striker when used correctly.

David Healy is another one. His strike rate over the last couple of years has been unbelievable

Eduardo is up there as well, but we can only really talk about him in the Euro2008.

FFS Emile Heskey gets ahead of Crouch in the England team.

Who is David Healy?
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:36 am

Northern Ireland striker, plays for Fulham. He is the top scorer in Euro '08 qualification and has an international strike-rate of better than a goal every two games despite playing for a weak team.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:49 am

Since the germans are not around, I'll jump in with Klose (although i have no idea of his stats Wink)
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:54 am

Sheffield gunner wrote:Northern Ireland striker, plays for Fulham. He is the top scorer in Euro '08 qualification and has an international strike-rate of better than a goal every two games despite playing for a weak team.

Poor Healy, how he wish he was English then .................... Wink
    Cripps
    Cripps

Number of posts : 256
    Favourite Player : Dennis Bergkamp. Best player in Premiership History
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Cripps Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am

Dont rate Riquelme. Dont rate many Argentinian players.

I dont like Argentina much
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:12 am

@ rza

Healy isn't actually that great a footballer. If he was English he wouldn't have a chance of making the squad, but for some strange reason he's been incredible for Northern Ireland and is top scorer in the Euro qualifiers
    Cripps
    Cripps

Post by Cripps Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:15 am

Thats cos everything is built around him.

1 decent player and 10 $h!t players will always make the 1 decent player look world class when hes anthing but
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am

Cripps wrote:Thats cos everything is built around him.

1 decent player and 10 $h!t players will always make the 1 decent player look world class when hes anthing but

A bit like Henry with Arsenal and Gerrard with Liverpool Wink
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:43 am

TRWP wrote:
    rza wrote:Say for the last four years in international football, who has better figures than Riqueleme in terms of assists and goals?

<Ale>

Well he certainly did outshine the much vaunted "best player in the World" Messi in the recent game against Chile.

Riquelme will be telling people 10-15 years from now how lucky he was to play in the same side as Messi.
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:52 am

Agooner wrote:
    Riquelme will be telling people 10-15 years from now how lucky he was to play in the same side as Messi.

The midget will beg Riquelme to come back to the national team so he can create goals for him and be blamed for every failure to win the WC. lol!
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 am

rza wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

The midget will beg Riquelme to come back to the national team so he can create goals for him and be blamed for every failure to win the WC. lol!

Messi will win the world cup for Argentina in the coming years provided he stays fit.

You heard it here first.
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:00 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Messi will win the world cup for Argentina in the coming years provided he stays fit.

You heard it here first.

Yes Aguero will win it for Messi. ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:03 pm

rza wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

You heard it here first.

Yes Aguero will win it for Messi. ok

Walcott will frustrate both of them ok
    Cripps
    Cripps

Post by Cripps Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Id be surprised if Argentina get out of the group stages in the next world cup.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 pm

So you're saying Riquelme is a decent player and the rest of the argentines that play with him for Argentina are $h!t?

a bit too much isn't it? Maybe average players, but $h!t? Certainly not Arsenal material but the again nobody is good enough to play there...maybe that's why they don't...
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 pm

Ohh and Riquelme is far from being what you say rza
    Cripps
    Cripps

Post by Cripps Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:00 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:

So you're saying Riquelme is a decent player and the rest of the argentines that play with him for Argentina are $h!t?

a bit too much isn't it? Maybe average players, but $h!t? Certainly not Arsenal material but the again nobody is good enough to play there...maybe that's why they don't...

I think you have misunderstood me. I was talking about David Healy but i guess its an easy mistake to make as the same can be said about Argentina who arent that good Wink
    rza

Post by rza Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:08 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Ohh and Riquelme is far from being what you say rza

Well he seems to be winning matches for Argentina than anybody else is winning matches for their own country. Surely nobody is better than him at the moment.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Riquelme is such a graceful player, wonderful to watch. Probably the cloest thing to Zidane. When Argentina last played England, he single-handlely ran the game. Unfortunately I think he is a choker, and mentally weak/fragile.

Look at this goal though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJhkEot23U&mode=related&search=

Love the commentary too

lol!

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:01 pm

based purely on performance for one's national side:

I don't see a better CB at Intl. level, apart from maybe Ricardo Carvalho, than Rio Ferdinand.

Miguel is definetly the best full back.

If you want to mention strikers, you won't get much better than David Healy, Nery Castillo or Michael Owen.
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:23 pm

Argentina players are $HIT?????????? Shocked Laugh That's news for me!

Dude, they may be having problems in finals and against stronger physical teams but is undeniable that they are one of the best teams in the world right now, in fact I think that Germany and Argentina are the best teams in the world, with an a advantage to Germany since they are mentally and physically stronger.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:03 pm

Yes he is a very good player, however the hole fucking Argie team is built around him. So no.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Calidad wrote:Riquelme is such a graceful player, wonderful to watch. Probably the cloest thing to Zidane. When Argentina last played England, he single-handlely ran the game. Unfortunately I think he is a choker, and mentally weak/fragile.

Look at this goal though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJhkEot23U&mode=related&search=

Love the commentary too

lol!

That probably is the last Argentina game I remember I really really enjoyed...after that there may have been some highs(serbia&montenegro, few flashes of individual brilliance in the copa america) and lows(definitely not getting into it) but nothing really great since

At least I will always have Boca to cheer me up Cool
    hellas_eur_cmps

Number of posts : 14
    Favourite Player : Amanatidis
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by hellas_eur_cmps Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 pm

Riquelme is a professore!!!

lets face it guys...football nowadays has become a quick game, with mostly direct passing, one touch passing, and lots of strength...

Riquelme hasn't goat all these stuff...
    BUT he is the old-fashioned no10!!!
    lots of techique, control, dribbling, passing....
    for me he is up there ...same class as Platini, Zidane,

Last edited by on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 pm