Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
briz
Rosy
GR
Oleguerisntthatbad
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
DD
DeLux
Luis
Parks lives
Green Arrow
Arnaud loves Catherine
Glenarch of the Glen
A & K
COTR
Brian2468
Z
Tweesus
Sheffield gunner
Fey
OP9
Deano
Pierre Littbarski
SuperMario
Deluded F*ck™
Puro
The-Frank-Tavern
Allez les rouges
L r d hAsta LueGo
Kimbo
Dwarf
Axeslammer
fcb
Calidad
Machiavel
38 posters

Israel v Russia

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Israel v Russia Empty Israel v Russia

Post by Machiavel Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Now normally this wouldn’t get its own thread, but this being Steve McClowns biggest game in charge of England it does. No Benayoun and the Israeli goalkeeping coach saying he wants “Russia to qualify” plus “I want Russia to go to the Euros but not in a corrupt way.” Things are not looking good for England.

Guus Hiddink confident of Russia success

Guus Hiddink, the Russia manager, believes that England do not deserve to qualify for Euro 2008. Steve McClaren's men will be all but eliminated from reaching next summer's finals if Hiddink masterminds a victory in his side's qualifier in Israel on Saturday.

The Dutch coach, who outwitted McClaren when England lost 2-1 in Russia last month to see qualification taken out of their own hands, cannot entertain the prospect that his players will not take the three points necessary in Tel Aviv.

"I am calm and relaxed. We know that if we win then we will qualify for Euro 2008," he said. "It is as simple as that. It's in our own hands.

"I am not worried. I am fully focused. For me, this is the equivalent of a World Cup final. We have been through so much in this group as a country that it would be impossible for us to fail in Israel.

"If we analyse this group and the teams, then England do not deserve to qualify.

"Russia have been consistent. You judge success as to who qualifies. If we finish above England then no-one can say we don't deserve it. It was not a freak or a one-off."

Hiddink revealed last month's win over England restored his players' belief that was shattered after September's 3-0 defeat at Wembley.

He said: "They are ready to make every last sacrifice because they believe anything is now possible after beating England.

"They realise now that there is not a big difference between the squads of England and Russia and that money, name and fame do not come into it."

Hiddink is looking for a positive start from his team in Tel Aviv, saying: "We will go there with nothing else on our minds than victory and we will fight until the end. I have told my players to dominate from the first minute. That is the kind of football we need to play."
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Israel v Russia Empty Re: Israel v Russia

Post by Machiavel Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Akinfeev returns for Russia deciders

Igor Akinfeev is back in the Russia squad as Guus Hiddink's side look to secure a place at UEFA EURO 2008™ with their final two qualifiers against Israel and Andorra.

Knee injuries

Goalkeeper Akinfeev has not represented Russia since March after damaging cruciate ligaments in his left knee, but returns for the trips to Israel and Andorra on 17 and 21 November respectively after playing in PFC CSKA Moskva's 1-0 league win at FC Kuban Krasnodar on Saturday. FC Spartak Moskva winger Vladimir Bystrov misses out after sustaining a similar injury with 1. FC Nürnberg's Ivan Saenko likely to cover for him. Defender Sergei Ignashevich is included despite suffering a hairline fracture to a cheekbone, with doctors sure he will be fit to play in both games. Two points behind second-placed England with a game in hand, wins in both their remaining Group E games will earn Russia a place at UEFA EURO 2008™.

Russia squad

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vladimir Gabulov (FC Kuban Krasnodar), Vyacheslav Malafeev (FC Zenit St. Petersburg).

Defenders: Sergei Ignashevich (PFC CSKA Moskva), Aleksei Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Vasili Berezutski (PFC CSKA Moskva), Denis Kolodin (FC Dinamo Moskva), Aleksandr Anyukov (FC Zenit St Petersburg).

Midfielders: Yuri Zhirkov (PFC CSKA Moskva), Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Igor Semshov (FC Dinamo Moskva), Konstantin Zyrianov (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Dmitri Torbinskiy (FC Spartak Moskva), Ivan Saenko (1. FC Nürnberg), Viktor Budyanski (Udinese Calcio), Roman Shirokov (FC Khimki).

Forwards: Andrei Arshavin (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Pavel Pogrebnyak (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), Aleksandr Kerzhakov (Sevilla FC), Dmitri Sychev (FC Lokomotiv Moskva), Roman Pavlyuchenko (FC Spartak Moskva).
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:51 pm

Akinfeev

That's not good news for England!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:52 pm

All the on-paper factors point to a Russia win (goalkeeping coach's comments, the lack of Israeli fans expected since the game means nothing, Israel planning to give some kids a chance, etc.) but I still think they won't. It's not over for England. Israel also have their main striker back.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Empty rhetorics by Hiddink, but he does what he has to do : bring out a positive message and build confidence as high as possible for his team.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:56 pm

Andrei Arshavin will be the key for Russia, such a naturally gifted player, it was him that won Russia the game against England in Moscow simply dictated proceedings in the 2nd half. He reminds me somewhat of VDV.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:00 pm

The Jews need to make money, they can't afford to sanction losing this game. WhistleErm
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Raifael wrote:Andrei Arshavin will be the key for Russia, such a naturally gifted player, it was him that won Russia the game against England in Moscow simply dictated proceedings in the 2nd half. He reminds me somewhat of VDV.

A future Newcastle player apparently Rai. king <Ale>
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Krimbo wrote:
    Raifael wrote:Andrei Arshavin will be the key for Russia, such a naturally gifted player, it was him that won Russia the game against England in Moscow simply dictated proceedings in the 2nd half. He reminds me somewhat of VDV.

A future Newcastle player apparently Rai. king <Ale>

Yeah i hear Newcastle are sending someone over to look at him, could be a good move for Newcastle.

@ Dwarf

So many conspiracy theories have come out. One of the more interesting one is the relationship between the Israeli FA and the Oligarchs (Alexandre Gaydamak whose father owns a Israeli club and Abramovich who has been known to support the football to name but a few)
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 pm

Hiddink keeping options open

'Top class'

Akinfeev featured for PFC CSKA Moskva for the first time in six months on 3 November following a knee injury, and has been recalled to a Russia squad already boasting the in-form Vladimir Gabulov, of FC Kuban Krasnodar, and FC Zenit St Petersburg's Vyacheslav Malafeev. "I'm very happy we have three top-class players in this position," Hiddink said. "Gabulov has one very important quality, he is never silent on the pitch. Malafeev fought his way back to become Zenit's No1 and his presence also improves the atmosphere in the squad. Akinfeev could also play but at the moment he is still finding his rhythm."

Competition

Akinfeev was Russia's undisputed No1 before injury, but the competition is now much greater. Malafeev saved a late penalty after coming on as a substitute against F.Y.R. Macedonia in September while Gabulov was superb in Russia's crucial 2-1 victory against England last month. "I understand all three are keen to play, but two will have to stay on the bench," Hiddink said. "The most important thing is they accept that in the right manner."

'Philosophical'

There should be no problem there. "I have learned to treat competition like this philosophically," said Malafeev who kept clean sheets in Zenit's final three league games to help Dick Advocaat's side clinch the title last Sunday. "It makes no difference who plays in these matches. The most important thing is the result. Personal ambitions should be pushed to one side."

Off form

Since his return Akinfeev has helped CSKA garner successive 1-0 league wins, but he conceded four in the defeat against FC Internazionale Milano in the UEFA Champions League on 7 November. Of the three keepers, his chances of playing in Israel appear slimmest. "I have to admit I'm not at my best," he said. "It's impossible to reach your peak in a month even if you train night and day non-stop. Whoever plays against Israel, the most important thing is to win and I mean that sincerely. The Israel game means everything to us now."

End in sight

Russian will almost certainly qualify from Group E should they defeat Israel on Saturday. The result would mean victory against Andorra in their final match would be sufficient to go through regardless of how England get on against section leaders Croatia on Wednesday.
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm

What channel and time is this one on?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:31 pm

L r d wrote:What channel and time is this one on?
    http://www.google.co.uk
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Harsh Kimbo – think it's at 6 English time on Sky something (not 1).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/16/sfnrus116.xml

Very Happy
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 pm

it's defo on sky. they have wales v roi, the sweaties and israel v russia all tomorrow
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:25 am

You all know about Abramovich, Gaydamark ties with Jewish football. Did you know Hiddink's dad saved Jews in Holland during WWII?

I'm sure the Jews remember such bravery by Hiddink's father. I just checked the odds for the game, and the bookies really have taken everything into consideration. Russia are big time favorites in this game. <Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:09 am

Krimbo wrote:

A future Newcastle Spurs player apparently Rai. king <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:07 pm

El Gaffer™️ wrote:
    Krimbo wrote:

A future Newcastle Spurs player apparently Rai. king <Ale>

You wish. Laughing You probably couldn't afford it after buying Cassilas, Carrick, Alves, and Kanoute anyway. <Ale>
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Russia's starting line-up:

Gabulov,V & A Berezutski, Anyukov, Smeshov, Ignashevich, Bilyaletdinov, Zyrianov, Zhirkov, Arshavin & Pavlyuchenko

Israel:

Ben Haim, Sahar & 9 others.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Raifael wrote:

Forwards: Aleksandr Kerzhakov (Sevilla FC)

Die !!! Grr

Israel v Russia 589014
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Come On Israel...do those Russian c**ts and that fat Dutch C0ck of a manager.
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Luca Toni wrote:Come On Israel...do those Russian c**ts and that fat Dutch C0ck of a manager.

Ale
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:58 pm

MexicanTeamOfTheRosesFan wrote:
    Luca Toni wrote:Come On Israel...do those Russian c**ts and that fat Dutch C0ck of a manager.

Ale

<Ale>
    OP9
    OP9

Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9

Post by OP9 Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:04 pm

Israel v Russia 0,,11007896,00
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Legend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vSykdVZFw

Ale

Imagine a Eurogroup with 4 teams that all have Dutch coaches Yikes
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Get in!

1-0 Israel

edit: Does anyone know why I keep getting things like <P> and </P> appearing in some of my posts?
    OP9
    OP9

Post by OP9 Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Yeah!

<Ale>

Wooooooooooooooo

1-0
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm

YEEESSS!!!!! *crosses fingers*
    Z
    Z

Number of posts : 1414
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Fowler, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Totti, Torres
    Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post by Z Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm

COME ON YOU JEWS!
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Good game to watch....Isreal are stronger in the middle, and what a perfect through ball for the goal.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:18 pm

Tweedle wrote:YEEESSS!!!!! *crosses fingers*

it's all arranged

it now looks like they are actually trying and when they throw the match they'll get away with it

roman has arranged it all ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:19 am