Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Tuga
Oleguerisntthatbad
Romford Pele
christmasborocooper
Dwarf
fcb
TM
ADO Bhoy
Since 1888
The Bulk
Pierre Littbarski
110%
Luso
Brian2468
Fey
poiuy1
Tom
La Saeta Rubia
E.M.
Nightwing
DD
pauloduarte
The Easter Bunny
COTR
Isco Benny
Puro
Owen Thomas
DS
Calidad
Axeslammer
Lusitan
Mistletoe.
lampiao007
Keano Is God
The-Frank-Tavern
Parks lives
Tweesus
SteveOoO
bluenine
Machiavel
Batman
45 posters

Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København Empty Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København

Post by Batman Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:39 pm

UEFA Champions League Group F

Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København 52682 Man. Utd . . . Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København 50050 Celtic . . . Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København 50147 Benfica . . . Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København 52709 København

Matches
    Man. United vs Celtic - 13/09
    København vs Benfica - 13/09

Benfica vs Man. United - 26/09
    Celtic vs København - 26/09

Celtic vs Benfica - 17/10
    Man. United vs København - 17/10

Benfica vs Celtic - 01/11
    København vs Man. United - 01/11

Celtic vs Man. United - 21/11
    Benfica vs København - 21/11

Man. United vs Benfica - 06/12
    København vs Celtic - 06/12

Table . . . . . . . . Pts
    Benfica. . . . . . . . 0
    Celtic . . . . . . . . . 0
    København. . . . . 0
    Man. United . . . . 0

Shall i do this for all the groups?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København Empty Re: Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København

Post by Machiavel Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:43 pm

It should be Manchester United and Benfica through...

---------------------------------------

do this for all groups (especially A)
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København Empty Re: Group F - Man Utd, Celtic, Benfica, København

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:01 pm

do start one for Group B

Batman wrote:

Shall i do this for all the groups?
    SteveOoO

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2006-08-29

Post by SteveOoO Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:34 pm

Easier than last year but no forgon conclusion, still worried about our midfield.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:36 pm

Nah I think you'll be fine this season - your teams looking hot and Ronaldo and Rooney will have learnt lessons from last season
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:37 pm

I fancy us to get 13 points, at a minimum 11. Which will be enough to get through.

The only game I think we may lose is the Benfica away one.

Hopefully we can win all our home games and pick up wins or draws away at Celtic and København.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:38 pm

i think the midfield is still too weak to challenge but last year it was obvious there were some tricky ties there but ffs celtic are sh¡t, and if you cannot finish ahead of København then you really are in big trouble
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:40 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:i think the midfield is still too weak to challenge but last year it was obvious there were some tricky ties there but ffs celtic are sh¡t, and if you cannot finish ahead of København then you really are in big trouble

Who knows, if we don't sign anyone this month, we could get someone in by January.

Carrick and Scholes should be enough to get us out of the group.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:41 pm

Exaclty.

The group has 2 very poor teams, its imperitive you finish top though as you don't want to be facing someone like Milan in the last 16 if you can help it
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:44 pm

You normally need to get around 10 points to make it to the knockout round. Win all your home games(9 pts) then get away draw(1 pts).

i think we can beat Celtic home and away, so this would gives us 6 points. i also think we should be able to beat Benfica and København at home. this gives us another 6 points making 12 in total without the away Benfica and København games.
    Keano Is God
    Keano Is God

Number of posts : 439
    Supports : Manchester United and Celtic
    Favourite Player : Student
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Keano Is God Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:37 am

away København shouldnt really be a worry as they are probably about as good if not possibly worse than celtic. And really we should be able to beat benifica. Last year we played rubbish but i think we should beat them. This is by far the easiest group weve had in years
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:15 pm

I've heard the same talk every year "the easiest group", "should walk it"
    Take a hint out of Benficas book; All opponents are there on merit, and you have to respect them. Play to your strengths, and do your best. Do not underestimate anyone.
    I can not see Celtic and København as easy games. By the contrary, possibly much harder than MU. They do not have anything to loose.
    Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:41 am

This is Utd's easiest group since last year.
    Only one thing is certain. There are no easy games in the C/L. the Danes aren't a "famous" team, but, they did eliminate Ajax.
    Celtic could play well, but surely playing in green and white hooped shirts must be a big diadvantage for them.
    So, hopefully, and with a good slice of luck, Benfica might qualify from this group "of death".
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:48 am

Man Utd and Benfica are my choices for sure.

Petrov will be a big loss for Celtic and they haven't replaced him, though McGeady looks a very good prospect
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:02 am

Benfica got wallopped over the weekend though, be interesting to find out of ourportuguese friends what happened
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:14 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:Benfica got wallopped over the weekend though, be interesting to find out of our portuguese friends what happened

SLB e Millwall wrote:It was yet another poor performance by Benfica. They finished the game with 8 players after 3 red cards. While this affected the score, it didn't influence the result. Boavista deserved the 3points.
    As for this weeks C/L game, it's not looking good. The team's playing with few confidence, and maybe missing some important players. I think that Benfiquistas will be happy with a point from Wednesday's game.
    Lusitan
    Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
    Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
    Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 pm

SLB e Millwall wrote:[i]

Celtic could play well, but surely playing in green and white hooped shirts must be a big diadvantage for them.

You think so? Razz
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:47 pm

Lusitan wrote:
    SLB e Millwall wrote:[i]

You think so? Razz

Green and white looks better in vertical stripes !

True story Biggrin
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 pm

I think it will be United & Benfica. I think Celtic would have been far more dangerous if Maloney was fit (SPL player of the year last season)
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:07 am

Strachan wary of United
    By Peter ORourke - Created on 11 Sep 2006
    Related links
    Team Pages:
    Celtic
    Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has warned his players that they will be stepping up in class when they face Manchester United.

The Scottish champions travel to England on Wednesday to tackle United in the opening game of their Group F UEFA Champions League campaign.

Strachan is aware of the challenge facing his side and believes the Champions League is the highest stage you can play at.

"We are going to play against some of the best players in the world," said Strachan.

"Forget about international level - that really doesn't count.

"If United play in the English Premiership and then play at international level then 90 percent of the time they are going down a level.

"This is the highest level you can play."

"We are playing against a team who have won all their games so far and are on fire at the moment.

"Their players are playing well. We know it's going to be hard but we have to believe that we have the players to give them problems.

"We are going to need a bit of luck but I have never known anybody to go to Old Trafford who haven't needed a bit of luck to get a result."
    Owen Thomas
    Owen Thomas

Number of posts : 3874
    Supports : Manchester United F.C
    Favourite Player : Q.A Guy..

Post by Owen Thomas Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:18 am

ManU to win 3-1 Smile
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:43 pm

With Fernando Santos as coach, we can not even win again a hangover Sunday league Irsish team after St Patricks Day celebration...
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:45 pm

lampiao007 wrote:With Fernando Santos as coach, we can not even win again a hangover Sunday league Irsish team after St Patricks Day celebration...

Laughing 3 players sent off at the weekend Shocked
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:26 pm

Such a joke of a CL group for the Mancs! Arguably the weakest group in the CL. The Mancs better run roughshod. If Rooney goes ZERO again, WOW! Shocked <Ale>
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

Haha, glad your back Puro. <Ale>
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

@ Puro

Look at AC Milan's group..
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

@ puro; the weakest group is AC Milan, AEK Athens, Anderlecht and Lille, with United's a close second Wink
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

l r d wrote:
    lampiao007 wrote:With Fernando Santos as coach, we can not even win again a hangover Sunday league Irsish team after St Patricks Day celebration...

Laughing 3 players sent off at the weekend Shocked

Sup LRD! I just saw you're doing well in fantasy league. I told you I was gonna kick Murray's ass this year. You're kicking his ass too! Biggrin <Ale>
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:27 pm

Is Rooney playing tomorrow?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Is Rooney playing tomorrow?

Yes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:55 am