Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Black Magic
Calidad
bluenine
7 posters

Coppa Italia - Semi Finals

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Coppa Italia - Semi Finals Empty Coppa Italia - Semi Finals

Post by bluenine Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm

Tonight: Semi Finals

Lazio vs Inter

Since this represents Lazio's only chance of making the UEFA Cup, they are up for it. Lazio actually rested their entire first team over the weekend (as they are safe in Serie A) for this game. Inter plan to rest a few players tonight, but Mancio is always keen to win the Coppa.

Roma vs Catania

Catania might have bigger relegation issues at the mo, but they are going to put a fight here as this is their chance to make club history. Roma will rest some stars for the Serie A title race, but like Mancio, Spalletti fancies the Coppa.

Will it be the 4th consecute year we will see an Inter vs Roma final???
    bluenine
    bluenine

Coppa Italia - Semi Finals Empty Re: Coppa Italia - Semi Finals

Post by bluenine Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:59 pm

Inter 0-0 Lazio
    Roma 1-0 Catania

Only Totti managed to score tonight. That makes the second legs very interesting...
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 pm

What was the Inter lineup, and what was the game like?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:07 am

Calidad wrote:What was the Inter lineup, and what was the game like?

Second string mostly:

Toldo; Burdisso, Materazzi, Chivu, Cesar; Jimenez, Maniche, Solari; Figo, Crespo, Suazo

Cesar, Maicon, Maxwell, Zanetti, Vieira, Cambiasso, & Stankovic were rested. Balotelli and Cruz were suspended, and Ibra still not recovered (so Crespo and Suazo had to start). Bolzoni and Siligardi got to play the second half, which is great. Apparently Bolzoni had a good game, Mancio was raving about the young Capitano.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKMWQU89ZBU

What a winner from Totti! cheers
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete Wed May 07, 2008 8:34 pm

Anybody watching it???
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 pm

HT

Lazio 0 - Inter 0
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Inter completely lost their discipline in this match, Mancini, Cruz and Materazzi should face bans for their actions. Another petulant display from Materazzi to go with his embarrassing display against us last sunday, although he is a different player with La Nazionale i am worried by our lack of options at centre back. We need Nesta back!

Inter are feeling the heat, but they should claim the title on sunday but they've been run close!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed May 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Pirlo wrote:Inter completely lost their discipline in this match, Mancini, Cruz and Materazzi should face bans for their actions. Another petulant display from Materazzi to go with his embarrassing display against us last sunday, although he is a different player with La Nazionale i am worried by our lack of options at centre back. We need Nesta back!

Inter are feeling the heat, but they should claim the title on sunday but they've been run close!
    What happened?
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed May 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    Pirlo wrote:Inter completely lost their discipline in this match, Mancini, Cruz and Materazzi should face bans for their actions. Another petulant display from Materazzi to go with his embarrassing display against us last sunday, although he is a different player with La Nazionale i am worried by our lack of options at centre back. We need Nesta back!

What happened?

A brawl really, Mancini was sent off for insulting to the referee then continued making gestures as he was walking off, Cruz punched a Lazio player, Materazzi was sent off for the usual two footed lunge on Pandev
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 pm

Pirlo wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

What happened?

A brawl really, Mancini was sent off for insulting to the referee then continued making gestures as he was walking off, Cruz punched a Lazio player, Materazzi was sent off for the usual two footed lunge on Pandev
    That is sad. they are great team but this is one thing they havent lost from before the scandals. they have to get this sorted if they want to win Cl.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Indeed, completely unnecessary from materazzi...Cruz as usual scoring goals...I'm just amazed at how many goals he has scored for Inter...i'm amazed because I don't rate him at all... Razz

Even though Inter won I'd sack mancio and bring some new players to fit the coach's plans if I were Moratti...soon, before this team starts declining
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed May 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Indeed, completely unnecessary from materazzi...Cruz as usual scoring goals...I'm just amazed at how many goals he has scored for Inter...i'm amazed because I don't rate him at all... Razz

Even though Inter won I'd sack mancio and bring some new players to fit the coach's plans if I were Moratti...soon, before this team starts declining

I can't see Inter keeping up their consistency much longer, although the last two seasons they deserve their titles, i can't help but feel that a lot of pressure was placed on their competitors because of the points deductions and the relative weakness of the challengers. Next season it will be much more interesting, Roma and Fiorentina will both strengthen, Us and Juve should be much more competetive as well, and the provincial sides Napoli and Genoa will get stronger, not discounting already strong teams from Udinese and Sampdoria, its been a very competetive campaign for the European positions and for relegation, but next year i expect a proper title race.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed May 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:Indeed, completely unnecessary from materazzi...Cruz as usual scoring goals...I'm just amazed at how many goals he has scored for Inter...i'm amazed because I don't rate him at all... Razz

I don't rate him either. Think he's very, very ordinary.

Materazzi is an utter c**t. disgusting character.
    Dejan Savićević
    Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
    Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
    Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Xavi
    Registration date : 2007-01-26

Post by Dejan Savićević Wed May 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Pirlo wrote:next year i expect a proper title race.

ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:37 pm