Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
blutgraetsche
COTR
Machiavel
Dwarf
Puro
Roger Hunt
SuperMario
Effenberg
Romford Pele
dont panic!
S4P
Deluded F*ck™
Calidad
Football Genius
Rosicky
Axeslammer
The-Frank-Tavern
Z
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
Kroos
Ricardo Jol
Isco Benny
Yef
lrdsucksgoats
Rasiak-9
Parks lives
fcb
Super Progress
33 posters

So how good was the final?

Poll

How good was the final?

[ 3 ]
    So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_left10%So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 5 ]
    So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_left16%So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 12 ]
    So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_left39%So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_right [39%] 
    [ 8 ]
    So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_left26%So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 3 ]
    So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_left9%So how good was the final? - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 31
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

So how good was the final? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how good was the final?

Post by S4P Thu May 22, 2008 1:44 pm

4 chins! Could have been 5 chins but I forgot my popcorn so I didn't enjoy it as much.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Jon Stewart™ wrote:Excellent game, full of drama and thrust 4/5

Are you sure you don't want to claim not to have watched the game, then call it boring and give it a mark?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Thu May 22, 2008 1:52 pm

come on this game was utterly $h!t most of the time

the only reason i watched the game to the end was ballack, for football fans without nearness to one of the clubs is was a horrible game to watch

the best final ever is 99, so much entertain within 94 min
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:come on this game was utterly $h!t most of the time

the only reason i watched the game to the end was ballack, for football fans without nearness to one of the clubs is was a horrible game to watch

Oh i really love Man U and Chelsea. You're so right. ok
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu May 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Jon Stewart™️ wrote:Excellent game, full of drama and thrust 4/5

Are you sure you don't want to claim not to have watched the game, then call it boring and give it a mark?

Laughing

When did I say it would be $h!t ?

It was much better than I expected, 'cos I was using the FA cup final last year as a barometer.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Thu May 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Super Madrid wrote:So how good was it? I saw the game at a bar and there was rather mixed opionions just like here. so was it a good final and for what reason?

it was a GREAT game i thought..and im neutral too..
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Thu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:come on this game was utterly $h!t most of the time

the best final ever is 99, so much entertain within 94 min

then you dont agree with your national team manager then?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu May 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Jon Stewart™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Jon Stewart™️ wrote:Excellent game, full of drama and thrust 4/5

Laughing

When did I say it would be $h!t ?

It was much better than I expected, 'cos I was using the FA cup final last year as a barometer.

I think he's more having a dig at Ricardo, TS. Plus the people wrote off the game before it even started and now can't admit it was actually a good spectacle.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 22, 2008 2:01 pm

It's bitter nonsense from slimy continentals.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu May 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Thought it was a very good high intensity pace premiership game.
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Thu May 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Istanbul final was all that?
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu May 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Nope. I do too. It was a great comeback, not the greatest final.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu May 22, 2008 5:22 pm

I thought that game was very good because it had a side that played beautiful football throughout the game and created several chances. it also had a lesser side who were the underdogg who had to win for their captain to stay. it had a great story and a great ending with a penalty shoot out. overall the stuff dreams are made of.allthough Milan deserved it much more in terms of performance.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu May 22, 2008 5:35 pm

I would agree with all of this. It was more a great game in terms of tension and story than football.

SuperMadrid - I agree that Milan probably deserved to win in 2005 - but I still think we probably deserved to win in 2007.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu May 22, 2008 5:40 pm

It was slightly better than just a good game with the usual predictable things happening from the Mancs like Cristiano being the lone figure to carry the Mancs to a win, Tévez battling hard, and Rooney not even on the pitch at all. And, yet somehow the English pundits will say that Cristiano "goes missing in big games" (Cristiano scored a beautiful goal and only Tévez came anywhere close to help him in attack...you can just write Rooney off by now), but not surprising don't say a word about Rooney not pulling his weight in big matches.

Don't believe that shite that Cristiano doesn't perform in big matches. He does well for Portugal, he'll be in the Euro '08. It's the other little fellow, Otto knows him as ZEROoney, who doesn't perform in big stages. Cristiano can't do it alone. Tévez fought hard, but that's just two Mancs. Manchester Utd need more players to step up. They were a bit lucky with them Chelsea woodworks not to lose the game.

Cristiano and Tévez will be fine. Their class is unquestioned. I'm beginning to worry about Rooney though. You know I NEVER believed for once he was "world class" as the media made him out to be. I thought he was "International class" you know a decent player, but now I'm beginning to question that. He was SHITE yesterday, first touch was AWFUL, decision making was very poor. STILL doesn't know how to play the game. It was a good game though. Could've been better. Biggrin <Ale>
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Thu May 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Puro wrote:
    Don't believe that shite that Cristiano doesn't perform in big matches. He does well for Portugal, he'll be in the Euro '08. It's the other little fellow, Otto knows him as ZEROoney, who doesn't perform in big stages. Cristiano can't do it alone. Tévez fought hard, but that's just two Mancs. Manchester Utd need more players to step up. They were a bit lucky with them Chelsea woodworks not to lose the game.

Tevez? scratch

I remember more examples of violent assault from Tevez than I do bits of intelligent play.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Thu May 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Puro, you missing a couple of brain cells, Rooney yesterday created the best move of the game plus a chance for Tevez who should have scored. Please cut of the anti-English bullshit, it’s not big or clever. I was actually disappointed with Tevez for much of the game yesterday, but it was one game he has been class all season no doubt, just like Rooney.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Puro wrote:It was slightly better than just a good game with the usual predictable things happening from the Mancs like Cristiano being the lone figure to carry the Mancs to a win, Tévez battling hard, and Rooney not even on the pitch at all. And, yet somehow the English pundits will say that Cristiano "goes missing in big games" (Cristiano scored a beautiful goal and only Tévez came anywhere close to help him in attack...you can just write Rooney off by now), but not surprising don't say a word about Rooney not pulling his weight in big matches.

Cristiano and Tévez will be fine. Their class is unquestioned. I'm beginning to worry about Rooney though. You know I NEVER believed for once he was "world class" as the media made him out to be. I thought he was "International class" you know a decent player, but now I'm beginning to question that. He was SHITE yesterday, first touch was AWFUL, decision making was very poor. STILL doesn't know how to play the game. It was a good game though. Could've been better. Biggrin <Ale>

Puro let's face it. The only reason you are defending tevez is because he is south american. There is NO other reason

Tevez's class is doubted and is doubted even by fans of his own club who watch him week in week out. Rooney's on the other hand is not by people who watch him week in week out for his own club

Rooney had a good first half and created several chances for your man tevez to completely f@ck up and like all the united players bar vidic and evra he was non existent in the second half

RE: the game

I'm not really sure what more people want. Do they want to see a display of football perfection on every occasion because it is not going to happen. The game was excellent to watch and was thrilling for the majority until they all gave up in extra time.

United played great football in the first half (and I hate united so do not say this lightly), Chelsea fought back and played brilliantly in the second and probably deserved to win in the end.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 22, 2008 5:53 pm

The only thing Tevez did was display his small man syndrome and miss those 2 glorious chances that Rooney created in the first half.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu May 22, 2008 5:54 pm

SPINDOCTOR TIME!

You spin me right round, baby
    right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Markus wrote:Puro, you missing a couple of brain cells, Rooney yesterday created the best move of the game plus a chance for Tevez who should have scored. Please cut of the anti-English bullshit, it’s not big or clever. I was actually disappointed with Tevez for much of the game yesterday, but it was one game he has been class all season no doubt, just like Rooney.

Not missing braincells - just missing a TV. Clearly writes these "match reports" before the game has even kicked off, presumably as he's too busy with the NY-Miami connection to actually bother watching the game.

Noticed in the past too, claiming player X was MOTM despite playing about half an hour before being subbed.

Gave Makelele MOTM last night... enough said <Ale>
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu May 22, 2008 5:54 pm

COTR, I bet you were praying for Carrick to miss his pen, if he did I would probably have ceased to come on here again.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu May 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Markus wrote:COTR, I bet you were praying for Carrick to miss his pen, if he did I would probably have ceased to come on here again.

Strange question Rai

I was praying for all united players to miss their pens

I was happy that the c**t of all c**ts was the one to miss and thought god was going to save us from the nightmare of you lot winning, but sadly john terry intervened Wink
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu May 22, 2008 6:00 pm

COTR wrote:
    Puro wrote:It was slightly better than just a good game with the usual predictable things happening from the Mancs like Cristiano being the lone figure to carry the Mancs to a win, Tévez battling hard, and Rooney not even on the pitch at all. And, yet somehow the English pundits will say that Cristiano "goes missing in big games" (Cristiano scored a beautiful goal and only Tévez came anywhere close to help him in attack...you can just write Rooney off by now), but not surprising don't say a word about Rooney not pulling his weight in big matches.

Puro let's face it. The only reason you are defending tevez is because he is south american. There is NO other reason

Tevez's class is doubted and is doubted even by fans of his own club who watch him week in week out. Rooney's on the other hand is not by people who watch him week in week out for his own club

Rooney had a good first half and created several chances for your man tevez to completely f@ck up and like all the united players bar vidic and evra he was non existent in the second half

RE: the game

I'm not really sure what more people want. Do they want to see a display of football perfection on every occasion because it is not going to happen. The game was excellent to watch and was thrilling for the majority until they all gave up in extra time.

United played great football in the first half (and I hate united so do not say this lightly), Chelsea fought back and played brilliantly in the second and probably deserved to win in the end.

Im impressed by your ability to praise the 2 teams last night. Good work COTR <Ale>

Personally, I think Tevez is an excellent player, but he just lacks that clinical finishing ability and is still adapting to the English game.

Offers a lot defensively, but attacking wise he is just too fucking small to play as a main striker, so spends so much time playing deep.

He definitely missed 2 sitters last night courtesy of Rooney, the kind of chances which- no doubt if Tevez had set up for Rooney- that Puro would have been going nuts about as proof of his shiteness,

however I like to think we're not like Puro.

Nope, we're not closet racists: so Tevez was dissapointing, but one match doesn't make or break a player, he's still a class act in my eyes Ale
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Didn't watch bar the last 10 minutes and the penalties.

According to the statistics the total of shots on goal for both teams combined in 120 minutes was.......8 Shocked

Sounded to me like I didn't miss much, but I might be mistaken Ale

Which is why it's an ultimately unfulfilling 3/5.

I believed Chelsea were going to win that game for a total of 5 minutes, the difference between Lampard's goal and Terry's miss. United didn't have the striking talent to convert there chances, so them being hit on the counter was welcome piece of inevitably in the games favor, but after that it never moved out of second gear until the shootout.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 pm

COTR wrote:
    Markus wrote:COTR, I bet you were praying for Carrick to miss his pen, if he did I would probably have ceased to come on here again.

Strange question Rai

I was praying for all united players to miss their pens

I was happy that the c**t of all c**ts was the one to miss and thought god was going to save us from the nightmare of you lot winning, but sadly john terry intervened Wink

Biggrin

John Terry is a closet Manchester United fan, was never going to let the side down. It was planned all along, Ronaldo will miss so all anti-Man United folks with stick it to him but JT will do the ultimate sacrifice, strangely Anelka wasn’t in the act .. his miss was authentic.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 am

They didn't show Anelka after the miss, but he didn't seem to bothered.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Post by Machiavel Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

That is what I also got from his body language, wasn’t distraught, to be fair he didn’t seem to be confident when taking the penalty.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Parks lives wrote:They didn't show Anelka after the miss, but he didn't seem to bothered.

He's already got a CL in his pocket though.
    lampiao007
    lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
    Supports : SL Benfica
    Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 Fri May 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Kimbo wrote:The only thing Tevez did was display his small man syndrome and miss those 2 glorious chances that Rooney created in the first half.

Rooney created 1 chance, the other was a inch perfect cross from "the player that does not perform in big games".

Enough with the over hyping already. If you going to hype, hype the MU defence. They performed really well

I gave it a 3. Mostly dull game, with some sparkles here and there of football
    Still miles better than the Milan-Juve final

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 pm