Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Super Progress
debaser
Isco Benny
Axeslammer
Fey
Machiavel
Ä
11 posters

what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008

Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008 Empty what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 pm

that could happen ?

games that have some emotional, possibly historical or merely footballing relevance for you

for me, it would have to be

1. Germany vs Italy (biggest game in Europe; in terms of drama possibly in the world together with Brazil vs Argentina + revenge for Dortmund and Florence)

2. Germany vs Holland (getting less emotional but still fun to defeat the Orange Army)

3. Germany vs Turkey ( our country would be on fire)

4. Holland vs Portugal ( the closest thing to Rugby ) + I would like to see van Bommel rough up C.Ronaldo

<Ale>
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008 Empty Re: what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008

Post by Machiavel Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:17 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:

4. Holland vs Portugal ( the closest thing to Rugby ) + I would like to see van Bommel rough up R.Ronaldo

<Ale>

Who is R.Ronaldo? and Van Bommel is not in the Dutch squad.
    Ä
    Ä

what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008 Empty Re: what are your favourite top 4 GAMES at Euro 2008

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Afellay wrote:
    26-Otto-19 wrote:

4. Holland vs Portugal ( the closest thing to Rugby ) + I would like to see van Bommel rough up R.Ronaldo

<Ale>

Van Bommel is not in the Dutch squad.

well

he SHOULD BE

Laugh

anyway

Holland has about 23 thugs and c**ts

there will be somebody who plays "mentor" to the slimey bastard

think about it

Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    Afellay wrote:
    26-Otto-19 wrote:

<Ale>

Van Bommel is not in the Dutch squad.

well

he SHOULD BE

Laugh

anyway

Holland has about 23 thugs and c**ts

there will be somebody who plays "mentor" to the slimey bastard

think about it

Ale

lol! You on crack again? Probably being a full time paedo has cost you your inability to use your mind

Think about it.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:54 pm

Germany-Italy is not a big game IMO

A big game, is won by both teams once in a while

This is not the case with this match

Italy always beat Germany..
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:04 pm

come to think of it

my number two choice would be

Germany vs Turkey

it does not have the sex appeal of Germany vs Holland on paper, but the Vaterland would burn

leading to lots of looting of Doener (Kebab) restaurents , should the Turks win

did I tell you , that the other day, a German of TURKISH "Migrationshintergrund" threatened to ram a bottle of German beer into my skull in a Munich supermarket Yikes

revenge will be sweet

Ale
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:07 pm

* Holland - Italy

* Holland - France

* Holland - Romania

* France - Italy

* Germany - Austria Turkey - Switzerland
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:09 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:come to think of it

Germany vs Turkey

it does not have the sex appeal of Germany vs Holland on paper, but the Vaterland would burn

did I tell you , that the other day, a German of TURKISH "Migrationshintergrund" threatened to ram a bottle of German beer into my skull in a Munich supermarket Yikes

revenge will be sweet

Ale

lol! lol!

What did you say to him?

Did he take offence to the German flag tattooed onto your forehead??
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Senor Woody wrote:

Germany vs Turkey

revenge will be sweet

Ale

lol! lol!

What did you say to him?

in a nutshell, it happened in a supermarket with VERY narrow ailes and the idiot was blocking the beer alley

I politely asked him to let me pass; he then moved INTO it in a way that made it even more difficult to get in; I asked him politely again and he let me pass but not without insulting me whole-heartedly; the guy was really just looking for a fight

so i asked him "was soll der Quatsch ?" but effectively continued moving towards my beer

he retaliated with a far more forceful barrage of insults at which point I had enough , turned around and faced the moron, telling him politely but firmly that he could not insult strangers in a supermarket willy nilly, because he felt like it

an elderly German gent just huddled out of the way, trying not to get involved (there have been a few cases of Turks beating innocent Germans in the Munich subway recently)

the Turkish Pr!ck then tried his best threatening act, announcing he was about to ram a bootle of beer into my skull, you know, nostrils flaring and stuff

to which I merely mustered a condescending chukle and turned away

he could never have done anything silly in a supermarket

it would have been different at night in the subway though; where I , frankly, do NOT want to meet him and his buddies again

I therefore conclude that Turkey should get eliminated in the first round so that his heart may bleed

think about it

<Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:04 pm

..you could also have a few razzia's, burn the mosques and kill his wife..

that would make his heart bleed as well

Think about it!

Ale
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:10 pm

come on bernd, fey, blut and co

what are the games YOU look forward to
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:15 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:

Germany vs Turkey

revenge will be sweet

Ale

lol! lol!

What did you say to him?

in a nutshell, it happened in a supermarket with VERY narrow ailes and the idiot was blocking the beer alley

I politely asked him to let me pass; he then moved INTO it in a way that made it even more difficult to get in; I asked him politely again and he let me pass but not without insulting me whole-heartedly; the guy was really just looking for a fight

so i asked him "was soll der Quatsch ?" but effectively continued moving towards my beer

he retaliated with a far more forceful barrage of insults at which point I had enough , turned around and faced the moron, telling him politely but firmly that he could not insult strangers in a supermarket willy nilly, because he felt like it

an elderly German gent just huddled out of the way, trying not to get involved (there have been a few cases of Turks beating innocent Germans in the Munich subway recently)

the Turkish Pr!ck then tried his best threatening act, announcing he was about to ram a bootle of beer into my skull, you know, nostrils flaring and stuff

to which I merely mustered a condescending chukle and turned away

he could never have done anything silly in a supermarket

it would have been different at night in the subway though; where I , frankly, do NOT want to meet him and his buddies again

I therefore conclude that Turkey should get eliminated in the first round so that his heart may bleed

think about it

<Ale>

I think it is time you posted a picture of yourself Otto. I want to see what this Turkish prck was insulting you about <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Germany-France (don't remember it happening in recent yrs)
    Spain-Portugal (would be an interesting clash)
    Holland-Germany (for the carnage on here)
    Italy-France (is going to happen anyway, but yeah, a bit of a rivalry of late, so could be good)
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Spain-Holland
    Because i think its two of few teams in the Euros that will actually play offensive no matter who they meet. should be a good game of entertainment.

Italy-Spain
    Good teams and i enjoyed their friendly from a couple of months ago.

France-Italy
    Will happen and will likely be very heated.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Holland v Portugal - Just so i can watch and shout 'fight, fight, fight' at the screen like a little kid at school...and a great game.

Italy V Germany

Holland v Germany

Italy v France

Last edited by Sgoater1 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Holland V Germany would be THE big one Ale

France V Italy is alwys heated too. And guaranteed. Proven 2 best sides in Europe

People writing off France are idiots Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Senor Woody wrote:Holland V Germany would be THE big one Ale

France V Italy is alwys heated too. And guaranteed. Proven 2 best sides in Europe

I dont know about that. France with Zidane is among the best but without they lack alot of creativty which is mostly caused by their defensive paring in Makelele-Viera. dont be surprised if France gets knocked out before the real fun begins.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Super Madrid wrote:

I dont know about that. France with Zidane is among the best but without they lack alot of creativty which is mostly caused by their defensive paring in Makelele-Viera. dont be surprised if France gets knocked out before the real fun begins.

Ribery?? With Mak and Viera he will have a major platform to show off his skills

And with Benzema, one of the most exciting up and coming youngsters in the competition upfront who is a creative force,

I dont see how they will go out early.

Defensively strong sides are all the rage now anyway, and France are that
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:07 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

Ribery?? With Mak and Viera he will have a major platform to show off his skills

And with Benzema, one of the most exciting up and coming youngsters in the competition upfront who is a creative force,

I dont see how they will go out early.

Defensively strong sides are all the rage now anyway, and France are that
    In theory yes Ribery should provding it but have you seen many of Frances games? in the last couple of years they seem to have real trouble at home when the sides sit deep. same problems they had before 2006.
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
    I think it is time you posted a picture of yourself Otto.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/olympia2008/2008/06/01/olympia-hoffnung-harting/robert-harting-als-maler-9406003-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Turkey-Greece: They love each other!

France-Italy: Always nice games, and a real Pro Evo classic

Germany-France: You dont see that one often

Portugal-Italy: Drama...

Portugal-Spain: Its funny to see when a small neighbour is beating the big neighbour in football..and have a better team.

Holland-Germany: Read above
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Spain v Portugal - old Iberian rivalry.

Italy v Germany - Germany to avenge WC06?

Germany v Holland - another old rivalry

Spain v Italy - don't think I've seen these 2 face off each other
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Holland-Italy
    France-Holland
    Spain-Russia
    The final
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 pm

kas wrote:Holland-Italy
    France-Holland
    Spain-Russia
    The final

other than the final, you did not include Germany , kas

ie, you are clearly anti-German, like I always suspected you and EMP were

think about it <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 am

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    kas wrote:Holland-Italy
    France-Holland
    Spain-Russia
    The final

other than the final, you did not include Germany , kas

ie, you are clearly anti-German, like I always suspected you and EMP were

think about it <Ale>

I didn't see the need to mention them apart from the final, because every other game they play until getting there will be piss-easy and so utterly one-sided in Germany's favour that it won't be as interesting.
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:10 am

@kas

glad to see that you agree Portugal will be eaten alive in the semis or quarters by the German predators

Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:55 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
    Senor Woody wrote:
    I think it is time you posted a picture of yourself Otto.

[url=http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/olympia2008/2008/06/01/olympia-hoffnung-harting/robert-harting-als-maler-9406003-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg
    http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/olympia2008/2008/06/01/olympia-hoffnung-harting/robert-harting-als-maler-9406003-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg[/quote[/url]]

And yet some Turk wanted to smash a bottle over your head Laugh

What has happened to Teuton Granite? More like Teuton Play Dough these days.

The old Eagle has been replaced with Tweety Bird

Think about it :ale
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:09 pm

@bernd

THIS is me when I am throwing a discus for fun

one has to look afte one's body, after all

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1151/1264833243_c0d839d04b.jpg

Laugh
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Any games between Holland-Italy-Spain-France-Portugal and Germany should be great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm