Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Brian2468
Axeslammer
Glenarch of the Glen
Kimbo
SuperMario
72-76-80-96-08
Roger Hunt
Hlebagone
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Allez les rouges
Enigma
Kroos
16 posters

germany - victim of ther own hype

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

germany - victim of ther own hype Empty germany - victim of ther own hype

Post by Kroos Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

ffs now i can a little bit understand the english guys, it must be 100 times more worse for the english, because your press is completly out of realtiy

germany still believed without running and fighting they will rule the world, but thats not possible

but germany know what to do know, get out of the field and destroy all other enemy with the "DEUTSCHEN TUGENDEN"
    Enigma
    Enigma

Number of posts : 415
    Supports : Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Favourite Player : Klose
    Registration date : 2007-08-07

germany - victim of ther own hype Empty Re: germany - victim of ther own hype

Post by Enigma Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:00 am

Agreed. When I found out Germany today, I just felt crushed because I was hyping Germany up so much around my friends. Was sooo bad Sad Its always better to win when you are expected to lose, instead of winning when you are expected to win.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 am

It is probably good to start with the self-flagellation before the haters get in, yes (not that I give a $h!t what they think).

There were certainly moments where as Croatia looked so much more effective and dangerous in possession that you had to question whether we're as good as we/some people think we are. We should probably have lost by more. And on this form Lehmann, Metzelder, Jansen are out of their depth at this level. Ballack and Frings are crucial and when they don't perform it obviously means the team will suffer. Without even mentioning Klose and Gomez. With no disrespect to Austria, and without suggesting we should take the piss in selection against them, some changes have to be in order for Monday. Whether that means Friedrich, Borowski, even a new keeper in is a matter for discussion.

This however was the worst German performance I've since since before the last World Cup, and we all know that this was not the "true" level of performance we by now surely have a right to expect from these players (even if it is depressing how several players are lagging so far behind their WM-Form). Croatia were excellent, so kudos to them, but things can, must and will get better.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:56 am

By the way Deisler it has f@ck-all to do with lack of "deutsche Tugenden". "Deutsche Tugenden" were responsible arguably for scoring the undeserved 1:2. It was the quality that was lacking last night – what we saw last night was a "Spielphilosophie" without the quality and effectiveness of execution to make it work.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am

I think your players are fairly level headed. For example, I think it was Frings who said before the tournament that Croatia are more technical than we are and have more talented individuals. I said something similar before the tournament )that Germany are better as a collective--I got a mixed response).

I don't know about the German press, but the players and coach seem sensible enough.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Deisler talking about hype.
    I'm sure there's a proverb for this, something about a Kettle. Very Happy
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Hlebadinho wrote:Deisler talking about hype.
    I'm sure there's a proverb for this, something about a Kettle. Very Happy

germany - victim of ther own hype Teapot
    germany - victim of ther own hype Kettle
    germany - victim of ther own hype Black
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Number of posts : 2258
    Supports : FC Hollywood
    Registration date : 2006-08-22

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:20 pm

croatia are and were not more technical or individually talented

you fruitcakes clear did not watch the match AT ALL

ALL German players apart from Lahm and maybe at times Poldi were poor

for whatever reasons unrelated to talent

sometimes I am wondering who you guys really are

if you want to know the truth , listen to a Croatian who was on the pitch

Nico Kovac: " today we beat Germany at their own game; we were fighting more; we had more physical presence"

GET IT, you fruitcakes

no "Modric, the genius"-nonsense

the Croats were always ONE or more steps ahead of us

as THEY themselves admit

Doh
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Why were they always 2 steps ahead?

Fighting is only part of it. They're tactically & postionally superior. Apart from that they were better at playing at pace (the ball's pace). More 1 touch, more accurate passing... creativity...

Last edited by Don Leo on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

72-76-80-96-08 wrote:croatia are and were not more technical or individually talented

you fruitcakes clear did not watch the match AT ALL

Yes, you obviously didn't. I saw Croatia totally outclass Germany, they should have won by 3. They showed far better vision, passing, and technique. Germany aren't going to win this with PGD alone, they need some flair players, currently they have NONE. <Ale>
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:33 pm

how many games is Pigfucker banned for?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Glennaro Hyséno wrote:how many games is Pigfucker banned for?

Just the 1 of course
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Otto where is your class? your team got beat so eat some humble pie old bean.....I'm not writing off your over hyped team just yet but really giving praise to other sides is something way to hard for you. Wanker! Smile

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 pm

@otto
    Calm down. That was Frings's opinion also. I thought Croatia passed the ball around very smartly. Did I dream all that? I am sorry, Germany were outplayed in nearly all departments.
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Number of posts : 2258
    Supports : FC Hollywood
    Registration date : 2006-08-22

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:21 pm

pish tosh

think about it
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:37 pm

You sound like you're on the verge of a breakdown Otto. Denial is unhealthy. Ale
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:49 pm

lahm, ballack and klose said in interviews that some players gave not there best and looked very arrogant
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:54 pm

wasn't bilic who said that his team would run as much as the opposite team so talent alone would decide the winner of the game and that they were the more talented??great prediction..

or was it someone of the german team, in which case...great fail
    Juligen
    Juligen

Number of posts : 2551
    Supports : FLAMENGO
    Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Juligen Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:lahm, ballack and klose said in interviews that some players gave not there best and looked very arrogant

But I thought Germans were always humble, I am shocked really. Rolling Eyes At least some fans will get out of their high hills.

But I really hope Germany can make a great tournament, facing Portugal would be fantastic next round.
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Yef Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Juligen wrote:
    Toni Kroos wrote:lahm, ballack and klose said in interviews that some players gave not there best and looked very arrogant

But I thought Germans were always humble, I am shocked really. Rolling Eyes At least some fans will get out of their high hills.

But I really hope Germany can make a great tournament, facing Portugal would be fantastic next round.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

no...they are not!
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:07 pm

DD wrote:You sound like you're on the verge of a breakdown Otto. Denial is unhealthy. Ale

We all could see it coming for years, but now he's really lost it.

Poor guy Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:52 pm