Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Rosicky
Island Girl
EMP
Onur 1905
The-Frank-Tavern
TM
debaser
L.r.d
Romford Pele
fcb
Barrilete
lrdsucksgoats
Puro
Deluded F*ck™
110%
Tweesus
TITO
christmasborocooper
Machiavel
gone
blutgraetsche
Chocolate Thunder
Parks lives
toon h
Pierre Littbarski
Antarion
Fey
Kroos
COTR
Glenarch of the Glen
Deano
Calidad
Kimbo
Hem fet un mal partit
Ä
39 posters

who will become the Player of Euro 2008?

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

who will become the Player of Euro 2008? - Page 2 Empty Re: who will become the Player of Euro 2008?

Post by Tweesus Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Arshavin.

Who cares if he's only played half the games so far?

In the two he has played he's scored 2 and got four assists!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

who will become the Player of Euro 2008? - Page 2 Empty Re: who will become the Player of Euro 2008?

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Tweedle wrote:Arshavin.

Russia scored 5 goals in the last two matches...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Arshavin.

Russia scored 5 goals in the last two matches...

3 assists.

Are you implying that 2 goals and 3 assists ain't that impressive or are you just trying to be a smart alec? Whistle
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 pm

It's two goals and one assist. The first assist against Holland was by Semak, the first assist against Sweden was by Anyukov.

I'm trying to be precise and stick to the facts, which is not too common when it comes to (English) hype...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:It's two goals and one assist. The first assist against Holland was by Semak, the first assist against Sweden was by Anyukov.

I'm trying to be precise and stick to the facts, which is not too common when it comes to (English) hype...

White people all look the same to me ok
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Laugh

He is a great player, and would deserve to win the price if Russia really pull it off and win the tournament, despite missing the first two matches.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

I still don’t understand why he was banned for 2 games even if he did get a straight red against Andorra in their last qualifier game, should have been a one match ban. The Soviets still miss the great Pavel Pogrebnyak, I would be very confident if he was around they would win the Cup, I hope they do its about time the Soviet Union made their presence known (again)!
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Tweeds is excellent Laugh
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Vierzehn wrote:I still don’t understand why he was banned for 2 games even if he did get a straight red against Andorra in their last qualifier game, should have been a one match ban. The Soviets still miss the great Pavel Pogrebnyak, I would be very confident if he was around they would win the Cup, I hope they do its about time the Soviet Union made their presence known (again)!

Pavelchenko has stepped up incredibly well though - you can't really ask for any more from him. Sure he's missed a few chances but he's put in 110% workrate.

His lack of clinicalness probably will cost them though...
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Vierzehn wrote:I still don’t understand why he was banned for 2 games even if he did get a straight red against Andorra in their last qualifier game, should have been a one match ban. The Soviets still miss the great Pavel Pogrebnyak, I would be very confident if he was around they would win the Cup, I hope they do its about time the Soviet Union made their presence known (again)!

Pavelchenko has stepped up incredibly well though - you can't really ask for any more from him. Sure he's missed a few chances but he's put in 110% workrate.

His lack of clinicalness probably will cost them though...

This is why I’m afraid they may fall short, they need Pavelchenko to now be Mr Clinical, Arshavin and co will aid him no doubt

But, if only, if only he was available

who will become the Player of Euro 2008? - Page 2 2328729542
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:50 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Laugh

He is a great player, and would deserve to win the price if Russia really pull it off and win the tournament, despite missing the first two matches.

ballack played the first 2 matches and did nothing, surely that should count against him.

In the next 2 games arshavin has been much better than him.

Apart from the free-kick against austria he didn't do very much and then he had a good game against portugal where he fouled someone to score his goal.

So ballack has had 1 good game and a good free-kick to 2 good agmes from arshavin so far. Podolski on the other hand has played well in 3 games.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:54 pm

I think Ballack has been good in all four of Germany's game. He was almost playing as a 2nd DM in the first two games however, so a lot of what he done wasn't immediately obvious. He's been typical Ballack.

He's obviously not stood out as much as some of the attacking players like Arshavin, Villa, Snejider and even Deco, but he's had a good tournament IMO.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Arsharvin, has said such an impact on Russia, and is is on the verge of taking over the whole tourney.

If Podolski scores again he's the nearest challenger, I feel.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Giovani Dos Spurs™ wrote:Arsharvin, has said such an impact on Russia, and is is on the verge of taking over the whole tourney.

If Podolski scores again he's the nearest challenger, I feel.

what if Villa scores another couple? I agree that Arshavin has been fantastic in the two games he's played. He has had a huge impact.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Calidad wrote:I think Ballack has been good in all four of Germany's game. He was almost playing as a 2nd DM in the first two games however, so a lot of what he done wasn't immediately obvious. He's been typical Ballack.

He's obviously not stood out as much as some of the attacking players like Arshavin, Villa, Snejider and even Deco, but he's had a good tournament IMO.

Ballack's contribution on and off the pitch is not as obvious, true, but at least as important. While it is true that he disappointed in the match against Croatia (not entirely his fault, wrong system / starting lineup, and a collective blackout of the team), he was influential in the other matches, especially in the match against Portugal, in which his contribution was more obvious because he was not restrained that much by defensive duties, due to two holding midfielders covering him. In that match, he showed as much flair and class as anyone on the pitch, only outshone by Schweinsteiger in the team.

Ballack's most important contribution to the team is his leading quality, and his tactical understanding. I don't know any other player in world football who has such a strong impact on the tactical formations / systems played by his team.

Ballack heavily influenced the decision to give up the diamond, and stabilise the centre with a double pivot instead in WC 2006, after Germany's defence looked shaky in the first group match. He knew that playing deeper would reduce his goal threat, but for the sake of the team, he did without the headlines.
    This year, he influenced the decision to switch to the 4-2-3-1 system also, which was key to beating Portugal.

If Germany win the cup, he would deserve the price, no doubt. But like Antarion said earlier, let others win the individual prices as long as we win the damn cup.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Ballack shouldnt even be a contender, hell so far no single German deserves just because on every position there is a better contender.

On a single match performance during the Euro so far it has to be Gio!
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Fey wrote:Ballack shouldnt even be a contender, hell so far no single German deserves just because on every position there is a better contender.

Hey Fey, I thought you were just messing aroung with them German mates when you were saying "return our bikes". I've read more about it. <Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Puro wrote:
    Fey wrote:Ballack shouldnt even be a contender, hell so far no single German deserves just because on every position there is a better contender.

Hey Fey, I thought you were just messing aroung with them German mates when you were saying "return our bikes". I've read more about it. <Ale>

Them fuckos are thieves Puro!! Compare them with the Spanish who stole your inca gold!!

Dont trust them Biggrin <Ale>
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:15 pm

I personally stole a Holland bike made of Inca gold. Ale
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Fey wrote:
    Them fuckos are thieves Puro!! Compare them with the Spanish who stole your inca gold!!

Dont trust them Biggrin <Ale>

I hear you loud and clear Fey! I was unaware of that piece of history. Bikes=Gold. <Ale>
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I personally stole a Holland bike made of Inca gold. Ale

Could well be...cause we nicked it from the spanish again! If me made a bike out of it that is debateble..
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:21 pm

I would've taken this bike from Fey too. Biggrin <Ale>
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:24 pm

This makes no sense - why would a German (among the best engineers in the world) steal a bike from the Dutch who, with the best will in the world, are not great engineers if they make bikes out of gold?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Because I'm a 'fucko', simple as that. Ale
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Fidel wrote:

This makes no sense - why would a German (among the best engineers in the world) steal a bike from the Dutch who, with the best will in the world, are not great engineers if they make bikes out of gold?

for the sheer pleasure of annoying the dutch of course...the question should really be, who wouldn't?
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:39 pm

they always give it to one of the teams in the final as it is decided by then for some reason, e.g. zidane winning it before headbutting matrix and then losing the final

so one of villa or arshavin is going to make it to the final, and will be contenders, on the other side there is only really podolski who should be considered

It's "player of the tournament" not guy who most influences team tactics and selection, or guy who shouts at his teams mates for being made to look like mugs by croatia, when he has been equally as bad. Ballack influenced thos tactics as well I guess.

As for ballack's 4 good games, someone is on drugs. Anonymous in a game against poland. Frings both tackled back and created while ballack did nothing at all. Lost against croatia after being totally dominated in midfield. Wrong tactics was it? How about blaming the guy supposedly having the most influence on tactics. Average against Austria, scored a decent free kick however I thought a good keeper would have saved it. Finally played well in 1 game against Portugal, still the goal he scored shouldn't have stood.

What happens in the next game will have a big impact and ballack obviously has an easier task of impressing against an injury-hit turkey side than villa or arshavin, but no way he should even be considered up to this point.

Unfortunately players like deco, schnieder etc won't get considered because they are out, but have both had better tournaments that ballack (played well in 2 games as opoosed to ballack's 1 for a start).

I understand Otto naming him ONE now, for ONE good game in a tournament.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 pm

110% wrote:they always give it to one of the teams in the final as it is decided by then for some reason, e.g. zidane winning it before headbutting matrix and then losing the final

so one of villa or arshavin is going to make it to the final, and will be contenders, on the other side there is only really podolski who should be considered

It's "player of the tournament" not guy who most influences team tactics and selection, or guy who shouts at his teams mates for being made to look like mugs by croatia, when he has been equally as bad. Ballack influenced thos tactics as well I guess.

As for ballack's 4 good games, someone is on drugs. Anonymous in a game against poland. Frings both tackled back and created while ballack did nothing at all. Lost against croatia after being totally dominated in midfield. Wrong tactics was it? How about blaming the guy supposedly having the most influence on tactics. Average against Austria, scored a decent free kick however I thought a good keeper would have saved it. Finally played well in 1 game against Portugal, still the goal he scored shouldn't have stood.

What happens in the next game will have a big impact and ballack obviously has an easier task of impressing against an injury-hit turkey side than villa or arshavin, but no way he should even be considered up to this point.

Unfortunately players like deco, schnieder etc won't get considered because they are out, but have both had better tournaments that ballack (played well in 2 games as opoosed to ballack's 1 for a start).

I understand Otto naming him ONE now, for ONE good game in a tournament.

ok
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:27 pm

I think it's safe to say the top 3 will be Villa, Arshavin, Podolski, but not in that order. Probably the one who scores most goals in the last 2 matches will be the favourite.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 pm

I do like Arshavin but this constant bumming is annoying me now.
    People are going on like they've known him since back in the day especially pundits scratch
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Ray Parlour wrote:I do like Arshavin but this constant bumming is annoying me now.
    People are going on like they've known him since back in the day especially pundits scratch

In fact, I'd say part of the reason he's getting so much hype is because he's come from nowhere this season. People have only really noticed him in the latter stages of the UEFA Cup and now the Euros.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:37 am