Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+87
Chris 23*
ERIK LAMELA
worms rises
Pirlo
OP9
the real white worm
The Chosen Glenn
110%
Luis
Romford Pele
worms.
messiah
TITO
Jaime
Effenberg
Pras_tama
Brian 2468
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Allez les rouges
Isco Benny
Aristoskank
debaser
Matt_AFC
Lusitan
The Easter Bunny
L r dd
QOTSA
Super Progress
mongrel hawk
TheCrazy58
Hem fet un mal partit
Yef
TM
stinger
Juligen
Batman
forza_rossi
DeLux
ronnies teeth
Puro
Riviera
lampiao007
bluenine
Deano
COTR
hammer_jake
Black Magic
christmasborocooper
Chocolate Thunder
Dwarf
fcb
Calidad
BoBo Vieri 32
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
S4P
EM Seleção e Selecção
Pierre Littbarski
Parks lives
Kroos
Glenarch of the Glen
toon h
The Pröfessör
Chap
Napoléon
Khadrim
Murray
Historicus
Sgoater1
Kimbo
L.r.d
Brian2468
Cesc Soler
Fey
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
Ricardo Jol
Stiftung Haeschentest
Hlebagone
Lesley
Ballboy Thomas Müller
monty
Axeslammer
SuperMario
Enigma
EMP
91 posters

International Friendlies Thread

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

International Friendlies Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:What game were you watching? Parker hardly gave the ball away for 90 minutes. Does what he does best and keeps it simple, wins ball passes moves into space receives ball passes moves into space. That's what you need from a DM its not his role to try and play like Messi. And if you struggled to appreciate his value when making two or three crucial blocks on RVP in particular in first half, or the importance of having a player pressing in midfield, then you're a lost cause....

Parker and Wilshere would make an excellent midfield duo

Carrick getting overlooked because he plays for United and not a London club has got to be the best conspiracy theory I've ever heard too. Good grief : lol: aside from that unbearably ridiculous idiocy, I think Carrick is worth a squad place at least, but he'snot the same kind of player as Parker. Having Barry and Carrick in midfield would be disastrous. Slow and immobile with no pressing or energy.

Sorry maybe I should have worded it better. I was tired before.What I meant was it weren't so much his technique or any type of ball control that was letting him down it was the fact that when he had the ball I don't think he knew what to do with it.For example in the first half Holland where sitting pretty deep and Parker would get the ball under very little pressure at all and just keep passing it back to the CB's then he would run towards that CB ask the ball then pass it to the other CB.I think it may have been due to nerves,but still I prefer Carrick over him any day probably playing with Wilshere when he is fit.

Again before you start slating me saying "his role is to not play like Messi"(Really? I didn't know that lol).Parker didn't seem to have a clue how to start attacks for England his forward passes where very poor and unintelligent.Basically his decisions making was poor,he didn't know when to pass it back and slow the game down or when to pass it forward when gaps in the Holland midfield appeared.

He played like a poor mans Xavi with no brain,if people think he's good enough to be England caption then future tournaments are going to be amusing to say the least.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

International Friendlies Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Champions of England 2012 wrote:
    Metta World Peace wrote:What game were you watching? Parker hardly gave the ball away for 90 minutes. Does what he does best and keeps it simple, wins ball passes moves into space receives ball passes moves into space. That's what you need from a DM its not his role to try and play like Messi. And if you struggled to appreciate his value when making two or three crucial blocks on RVP in particular in first half, or the importance of having a player pressing in midfield, then you're a lost cause....

Carrick getting overlooked because he plays for United and not a London club has got to be the best conspiracy theory I've ever heard too. Good grief : lol: aside from that unbearably ridiculous idiocy, I think Carrick is worth a squad place at least, but he'snot the same kind of player as Parker. Having Barry and Carrick in midfield would be disastrous. Slow and immobile with no pressing or energy.

Sorry maybe I should have worded it better. I was tired before.What I meant was it weren't so much his technique or any type of ball control that was letting him down it was the fact that when he had the ball I don't think he knew what to do with it.For example in the first half Holland where sitting pretty deep and Parker would get the ball under very little pressure at all and just keep passing it back to the CB's then he would run towards that CB ask the ball then pass it to the other CB.I think it may have been due to nerves,but still I prefer Carrick over him any day probably playing with Wilshere when he is fit.

Again before you start slating me saying "his role is to not play like Messi"(Really? I didn't know that lol).Parker didn't seem to have a clue how to start attacks for England his forward passes where very poor and unintelligent.Basically his decisions making was poor,he didn't know when to pass it back and slow the game down or when to pass it forward when gaps in the Holland midfield appeared.

He played like a poor mans Xavi with no brain,if people think he's good enough to be England caption then future tournaments are going to be amusing to say the least.

You've just describe the exact manner in which Sergi Busquets plays in EVERY game! cheers
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Champions of England 2012 wrote:

You've just describe the exact manner in which Sergi Busquets plays in EVERY game! cheers

Haha no way the second paragraph is why Parker is nowhere near as good as Busquets,plus the fact he isn't as techically good as Sergio.

Anyway I was going to post Messi's goals

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Laughing Just messing with you wormsy!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Fair enough wormsy, although I like that Parker keeps the ball moving and is patient and retentive with his passing. Is rarely incisive but I prefer to see the creative fulcrum of the midfield to make those passes. otherwise you see the situation last night where Barry was playing horrible passes that were getting intercepted before Pearce clearly seen telling him to play it short and out to Gerrard and the wingers to do the creating.

Comparing Parker to Xavier doesn't make sense, he's more like busquets (and yes not as good). Put him with a Modric or Wilshere and the retention of the ball is very important particularly at international level.

Its interesting how English players tend to be castigated for not being patient and holding possession, yet Parker is criticised for doing exactly that. Shows you that everyone sees the game differently I suppose..
    worms.

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:38 pm

"Its interesting how English players tend to be castigated for not being patient and holding possession, yet Parker is criticised for doing exactly that. Shows you that everyone sees the game differently I suppose"

I prefer the holding possession type as well,I just think Parker was a little too extreme with it last night.Even when he plays like that I still prefer him to a Gerrard type of player who is the other end of extreme when it comes to being patient.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Yeah Parker can over do it with the needless non progressive passing. That's more than fair criticism. Ok when ahead and as a form of defence, but can be annoying when trying to push forward to win a game.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:22 pm

After Watching Germany France game Samir Nasri played way better than he plays at Man City...... France can win the Euros and should be one of the top favourites.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sat May 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Germany down 4-3 to Switzerland in an entertaining game. Somebody should tell Germany's central defenders that they are allowed to jump.

Elsewhere, Spain beating Serbia 1-0, Adrian with a goal soon after coming on for his debut.

5-3 to Switzerland now, they have been really impressive. More shocking defending from Germany. Time to put money on Italy and France?
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg Sat May 26, 2012 6:49 pm

fcb wrote:Time to put money on Italy and France?

Yep. Let's not wait until the Bayern players join and they have actually trained together.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm

fcb wrote:Germany down 4-3 to Switzerland in an entertaining game. Somebody should tell Germany's central defenders that they are allowed to jump.

Elsewhere, Spain beating Serbia 1-0, Adrian with a goal soon after coming on for his debut.

5-3 to Switzerland now, they have been really impressive. More shocking defending from Germany. Time to put money on Italy and France?

no bayern players

a team with merte, götze, klose (3 long term injured players)

götze in central midfield, this was a very experimental side

i still hope that löw is not that stupid to believe that he can win the euro with an too attacking minded attitude

fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat May 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Kroos wrote:
    fcb wrote:Germany down 4-3 to Switzerland in an entertaining game. Somebody should tell Germany's central defenders that they are allowed to jump.

no bayern players

i still hope that löw is not that stupid to believe that he can win the euro with an too attacking minded attitude

Effenberg wrote:

Yep. Let's not wait until the Bayern players join and they have actually trained together.

That just means Germany will still lose, but on penalties Wink

On a more serious note though, your defense was the main problem here and apart from Lahm, I don't think the other Bayern players are starters, are they?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat May 26, 2012 7:03 pm

fcb wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

no bayern players

Effenberg wrote:

That just means Germany will still lose, but on penalties Wink

On a more serious note though, your defense was the main problem here and apart from Lahm, I don't think the other Bayern players are starters, are they?

are you serious?

they are all starters

only kroos/khedira will fight and maybe gomez

edit: ok, you mean the defence

should look like this

-------neuer

boateng-badstuber-hummels-lahm
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat May 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Ok, as long as Mertesacker is not there. Looked v. poor today.

Last edited by fcb on Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Sat May 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hope he plays Badstuber/Boateng in the middle. They know each other and with this messed up and short preparation, he should go with a team where players are as familiar with one another as possible. Hummels hasn't really played well for Germany, so I'd go with the Bayern duo for starters. They really can't have a slow start in this tournament because they're in one hell of a group. Finishing 2nd would be fine by me. By the quarters, they should have found their groove. But they first have to get there and that could get very complicated if they mess up against Portugal.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm

i agree

schmelzer, hummels never showed there quality outside of the bundesliga
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Sat May 26, 2012 7:13 pm

strong line up from the dutch

experienced and a lot of quality

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Highlights of Portugal-Macedonia, which is largely just a compilation of Ronaldo's off-target attempts on goal.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun May 27, 2012 1:26 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, Murray!

USA! USA! USA! Whoop
    Xavier
    Xavier

Number of posts : 563
    Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
    Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier Sun May 27, 2012 5:55 am

LOL thought that I was watching a Tottenham game... the worst I have ever seen a German defense play! What must Beckenbauer & Vogts be thinking???

Reus, Schuerrle, Klose, & Draxler were decent, everyone else (especially the Dortmund boys) was either less than decent or not on the field long enough to tell.

Mertesacker was absolutely DREADFUL... if he knew how to jump he might not only have prevented a goal or two, but might actually have SCORED on that easy cross from Hoewedes...

massively entertaining game, though; I was hooting & hollering the whole way through.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

PuroReturns wrote:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, Murray!

USA! USA! USA! International Friendlies Thread - Page 17 Happy000

5-1 FFS.

Did anybody see it? It was on in the middle of the night here, which is probably just as well.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sun May 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Murray wrote:
    5-1 FFS.

Did anybody see it? It was on in the middle of the night here, which is probably just as well.
    Yes, Murray! I did. I watched this awesome game by the USA! By the way, our new kits are a hit.

At times we played some breathtaking stuff stringing passes like Barcelona and piercing the Jocks's defense thoroughly. The stuff of dreams, 5-1 it should've been 8-1 at the very least, 12-1 if we hadn't missed our shots at all.

The result confirms that we beating Italia was no fluke. Perú are coming back to where we belong next to Brasil, Argentina and Uruguay, and the USA are improving tremendously. I could not be any happier at the moment. Biggrin <Ale>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/27/scotland-friendly-united-states#start-of-comments
    worms.

Post by worms. Sun May 27, 2012 3:37 pm

lol!

Scotland are whack.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sun May 27, 2012 3:42 pm

worms FTM _\|/_ wrote: lol!

Scotland are whack.

Tell us something we don't know
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 pm

France showing Ingerlund how it is done.

2-0 down at home to Iceland.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun May 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Line up?
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun May 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Mandanda; Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra; Cabaye, Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa; Menez, Benzema.

Too many Newcastle players is clearly their problem Ale
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun May 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Maybe their problem is that friendly games are meaningless as fuck.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun May 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Rosicky wrote:Mandanda; Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra; Cabaye, Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa; Menez, Benzema.

Too many Newcastle players is clearly their problem Ale

International Friendlies Thread - Page 17 82549224
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Justice for Goldado wrote: lol!

Scotland are whack.

Whilst I dont pretend to believe Scotland are particularly good, but in their defence this was an end of season friendly for them whilst its midseason for many of the US team. It was patently obvious the differing fitness levels from what I saw- the Scots looked like they already on holiday with nothing to play for this summer. Donovan looked the fresh player youd expect to see halfway through a season.

All that said, they are looking a decent side the US. Still nothing special without Dempsey mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am