Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Since 1888
Calidad
blutgraetsche
pete
Di Caniooooo!
bluenine
BrianS
DS
SuperMario
Kroos
Fey
Ä
DeLux
chrissicross
Allez les rouges
Axeslammer
Ballboy Thomas Müller
Lesley
Stiftung Haeschentest
anglophileHedgehog
24 posters

Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19...

anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
    Supports : VfB Stuttgart
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19... Empty Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19...

Post by anglophileHedgehog Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:15 pm

I feel the discussions should be moved here. The Mannschaft thread is about the 'big guys' and since there are 101 pointless threads on this board anyway, what difference does one more make?

Anyway:

kroesius wrote:
    Metze's Haeschen wrote:
    kroesius wrote:Meuterei in Tiraspol Question

Against Eilts? Or what do you mean?

If you see how a team full of Bundesliga starters performed in an important match against semi-professionals, there is clearly something wrong.

You know my opinion about Eilts. I´ve never seen a German youth team playing so dull, lethargic and half-hearted. The players apparently don´t follow him.
    Aren't you a little crass?

This was a game against, as you said, semi-professionals. How many times have we seen the 'big guys', i.e. the A-team struggle against similar opponents, simply because they weren't motivated enough?

And to judge Eilts' abilities as a coach on one game is just wrong, imho. I remember very well how the team played under him in 2006 and even after and they were good. Very good to watch. One of the problems that people forget about is that the youth teams have a pretty high turn-over so that it is difficult for both the coach and the players to form a team over those short periods of time.

If you don't like Eilts, fair enough, but be aware that it affects your judgement of him (just like me liking him has an influence on my view on the whole thing as well).
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19... Empty Re: Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19...

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks Lesley for the short reminder not to spam the Mannschaft's thread with U21 stuff. ok I completely forgot about this thread.

So here we go

anglophileHedgehog wrote:
    Metze's Haeschen wrote:
    anglophileHedgehog wrote:
    Metze's Haeschen wrote:FT GER v ISR 0:0 Evil or Very Mad

Eilts is an utter idiot. Sack him now, Sammer!!! Thank you.

PS the draw means that we are through to the playoffs. Congrats to that at least.
    What did he do wrong now?

Everything you could do wrong. Have you seen the match, anglo?

PS Sorry, I really have to calm down a bit for now.
    No DSF thanks to digital telly, so, nope. I only read on the Stuttgart boards that Khedira went down injured at some point.

Do that and when you've calmed down, please do offer an analysis for those who couldn't watch it!

To start with the positives: the passing looks nicely, but is too sloppy at times. The attitude of the team was much better than in the previous match as well. BUT the build-up once again was way too slow. Rosenthal and Grote shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Aogo can't play LB ffs. The midfield was completely devoid of ideas, Kroos was ok-ish in the first half an hour, but disappeared in the second with the result that there was no attacking threat and movement whatsoever.

The problem is not the match itself, but the fact that these sort of matches happen over and over again, no matter who's on the pitch and with no visible improvement whatsoever. This generation lacks a quality forward pairing, granted, but that's still no reason for all these dull and disappointing matches. I sometimes doubt Eilts even has a game plan for his team. As soon as we play a better opponent, we constantly start to struggle and display this sort of dire Sicherheitsfußball with aimless, though nice looking, side- and back-passing. We can be glad that the Israelis are rather harmless up front (they've missed a sitter), otherwise we've had lost the match. But with the performance we've displayed today (and Sammer looked really pissed as well Laughing) we once again won't make it to the EM.
    Lesley
    Lesley

Number of posts : 886
    Supports : Hamburger SV, Manchester United, Germany
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19... Empty Re: Die deutschen U-Mannschaften: U21, U20, U19...

Post by Lesley Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 pm

I can't say anything about the game itself, because I missed it.

But, if I have a look at the line up, the first thing that I notice it that there are a LOT of players missing due to injuries. Eilts had to work with players, who mostly don't even have permanent places in their clubs.

As for Aogo: well....we got him as a replacement for the left side. Not stictly LB only, but....
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Number of posts : 513
    Supports : Staatsfeind Nr.1
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Matthias Sammer was priceless. He got more and more angry from minute to minute. What a pity, Sammer wasn´t interviewed after the match.

Haeschen has said it all.

This team has no strike force, true. But the midfield is excellent, even without Marin and the defence is strong, too.
    This team has a lot of potential, even tonight although 13 players were missed. But it doesn´t impove.
    It has no real tactics. Eilts is responsible for that.
    He calls up players like Grote and Rosenthal time and time again. Both didn´t have a single good game for the U21s so far. They were abysmal tonight.
    A player like Frankfurt´s Toski will never get a call up.

I really hope, Sammer will come to the right conclusion. If not these U21 will fail again, spoilt by Eilts, like their predecessors.
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Lesley wrote:I can't say anything about the game itself, because I missed it.

But, if I have a look at the line up, the first thing that I notice it that there are a LOT of players missing due to injuries.

True, but nevertheless, tonights team is vastly experienced. All of the players play Bundesliga (or 2. Bundesliga) on a regular basis.
    Aogo for example has made nearly 100 games for Freiburg. If that is not enough Eilts could have replaced him with Boenisch, who has a permanent place in Bremen.
    Lesley
    Lesley

Post by Lesley Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 am

You said it yourself: for Freiburg.
    And there's also a reason why Hennings is on loan for the second year in a row and doesn't even warm the bench here.

Just to name the two examples I know more about.

Then again, Boateng is injured, who has been having a permanent place in the first team here ever since he came here basically. Der Junge ist jetzt schon ein ganz anderes Kaliber.

Can't say too much about Boenisch's form lately, maybe chrissie could shed some light there from the Werder perspective.

As I said: I didn't watch the game, so I can't say anything about what Eilts may have done wrong during this one especially. But I do think that there is a difference between the players he had to work with there and the ones he COULD work with, if they weren't injured.
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 am

Again, it's not the match itself but the development of the team in general that gets me wound up. We indeed missed quite a lot of important players (for some reason that happens fairly often scratch) but we also shouldn't forget that it was 'only' Israel, and no footballing world power at youth level, at home with a team still full of Bundesliga players, but once again we struggle and don't manage to beat those teams.

The manner how a lot of matches under Eilts are played, which is nowhere near close to the attacking/dominating philosophy that all of our youth teams are supposed to follow as well as the frequency of those dire matches, especially away from home, should make you wonder and Sammer finally needs to address it too IMO.
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 pm

sport1.de wrote:

Sammer schweigt zur "Schande von Duisburg"

Das 0:0 der U 21 gegen Israel weckt Erinnerungen an Gijon. Der DFB-Sportdirektor erlegte sich hinterher selbst einen Maulkorb auf.
    Nur verhaltene Freude gab es bei der U 21 nach dem 0:0 gegen IsraelDuisburg - Trainer Dieter Eilts hakte das "Ergebnisspiel" schnell ab, die Spieler sprühten schon wieder vor Selbstbewusstsein, nur Matthias Sammer wollte besser nichts sagen.

Der Sportdirektor des DFB verpasste sich nach dem phasenweise peinlichen Ballgeschiebe der U-21-Junioren beim glücklichen 0:0 im Gruppenfinale gegen Israel einen Maulkorb.

Auch auf Nachfrage wollte der Europameister von 1996 den Einzug des Teams in die Entscheidungsspiele um die Teilnahme an der EM 2009 in Schweden nicht kommentieren.

Was beide Teams in der Schlussphase in Duisburg geboten hatten, erinnerte teilweise an die legendäre "Schande von Gijon" der A-Nationalmannschaft beim 1:0 gegen Österreich im letzten Gruppenspiel der WM 1982 in Spanien.

"Playoffs erreicht - und Ende"

In dem müden Gekicke war die "Siegermentalität", die Sammer von den Junioren-Teams des DFB mehr als alles andere fordert, nicht mal mehr in Ansätzen erkennbar.

Eilts machte seiner Elf allerdings keinen Vorwurf. "Wir können mit der Leistung natürlich nicht zufrieden sein. Aber irgendwann war es ein Ergebnisspiel, für das man Verständnis haben muss", sagte der Ex-Nationalspieler und hob hervor: "Wir haben die Playoffs erreicht - und damit Ende."

Auch für Benedikt Höwedes heiligte der Zweck die Mittel. "Uns hat ein Remis gereicht, da haben wir halt den Ball laufen lassen. Ich fand das okay von uns", sagte der Abwehrspieler von Schalke 04.

Jubel folgt auf Warten und Rechnen

In der Nachspielzeit hatte die deutsche Elf bei einer Riesenchance der Israelis und einem Foul von Mats Hummels im eigenen Strafraum sogar Glück, dass nicht noch der Gruppensieg verloren ging und das große Zittern begann.

Erst später war klar, dass selbst bei einem 0:1 das DFB-Team als drittbester Zweiter der zehn Gruppen und damit als Vorletzter in die Playoffs eingezogen wäre. Entsprechend reichte auch den punktgleichen Israelis die Nullnummer.

Nach bangem Warten und Rechnen in den Katakomben der MSV-Arena brachen die Spieler in Jubel aus.

Hummels hofft auf starken Gegner

Die Auslosung der Playoffs, die voraussichtlich am 10. und 14. Oktober in Hin- und Rückspiel die sieben restlichen EM-Teilnehmer ermitteln, findet am Freitagmittag in Malmö statt. Ihr Heimspiel bestreitet die deutsche Elf in Magdeburg.

"Wir sind in der Lage, jeden Gegner zu schlagen", meinte Hummels. Dem Verteidiger von Borussia Dortmund scheint sogar ein starker Gegner gelegen zu kommen.

Wenn man einen solchen ausschalte, so Hummels, "können wir in Schweden nicht mehr auf ihn treffen".

Titelverteidiger gescheitert

Wie groß die Leistungsdichte in den U-21-Jahrgängen in Europa ist, beweist die Tatsache, dass Titelverteidiger Niederlande es nach einem 0:1 in der Schweiz nicht mal in die Playoffs schaffte.

Ohnehin sind Eilts und Co. gewarnt. Vor der EM 2007 war für die DFB-Elf in den Ausscheidungsspielen Endstation.

Damals verlor die Auswahl beide Spiele gegen England (0:1 und 0:2).
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Anyone I know playing in the U21 ?

I need a new youth team to support, because our bunch of losers makes me want to hurl Grr
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 pm

U21 playoff fixtures:
    dfb.de wrote:Germany v France
    Denmark v Serbia
    Turkey v Belarus
    Austria v Finland
    Wales v England
    Italy v Israel
    Switzerland v Spain

So it´s against France. They have been only second in their qualifying group behind Wales.
    Nevertheless will be tough, because our U21 doesn´t convince me at all. (In all fairness they´ve missed at least 10 players in most of their games so far)
    I wonder if our U21 will be at full strength for the first time ever.

The good thing is: If we don´t qualify for the Euro, Dieter Eilts will certainly get sacked, as Sammer wants to win the title.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Will have to build birthday plans around that one Whistle
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:14 pm

U21 Team for the play off matches against France:

dfb.de wrote:
    12 Florian Fromlowitz 02.07.1986 Hannover 96 10 -
    1 Manuel Neuer 27.03.1986 FC Schalke 04 11 -
    21 Tobias Sippel 22.03.1988 1. FC Kaiserslautern 1 -

Abwehr
    2 Andreas Beck 13.03.1987 TSG Hoffenheim 19 1
    35 Jerome Boateng 03.09.1988 Hamburger SV 3 -
    3 Sebastian Boenisch 01.02.1987 Werder Bremen 8 -
    36 Niko Bungert 24.10.1986 FSV Mainz 05 3 -
    38 Benedikt Höwedes 29.02.1988 FC Schalke 04 7 -
    15 Mats Hummels 16.12.1988 Borussia Dortmund 10 -
    29 Daniel Schwaab 23.08.1988 SC Freiburg 8 -

Mittelfeld
    27 Gonzalo Castro 11.06.1987 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 14 1
    28 Sami Khedira 04.04.1987 VfB Stuttgart 9 5
    39 Toni Kroos 04.01.1990 FC Bayern München 2 1
    22 Marc André Kruska 29.06.1987 Borussia Dortmund 15 2
    33 Marko Marin 13.03.1989 Borussia Mönchengladbach 6 1
    17 Mesut Özil 15.10.1988 Werder Bremen 8 4
    19 Eugen Polanski 17.03.1986 FC Getafe 18 1

Angriff
    9 Ashkan Dejagah 05.07.1986 VfL Wolfsburg 13 2
    23 Daniel Halfar 07.01.1988 Arminia Bielefeld 2 2
    11 Rouwen Hennings 28.08.1987 FC St. Pauli 19 13
    14 Aaron Hunt 04.09.1986 Werder Bremen 11 3
    37 Kevin Schindler
    Keeper: Very Happy
    Defence: Smiley
    Midfield: cheers
    Attack: Rolling Eyes
    Coach: Yikes

Marin is back in the U21s. This decision is comprehensible, as Löw has
    Trochowski for the same position, while Marin is needed for for the crucial tie against France.
    Hummels returns back, too, after his injury against Udinese.
    No major players are missed except Özbek and Ebert.
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:24 pm

kroesius wrote:
    kroesius: No

Soon we will all come back here and hail the legend that is Dieter Eilts!!! cheers
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:11 am

French squad for ce soir etc:

GARDIENS : Benoît Costil (Vannes/L2), Rémy Riou (Auxerre)
    DEFENSEURS : Habib Bellaïd (Francfort/ALL), Mouhamadou Dabo (Saint-Etienne), Romain Danze (Rennes), Didier Digard (Middlesbrough/ANG), Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth/ANG), Charles Nzogbia (Newcastle/ANG), Yohan Benalouane (Saint-Etienne)
    MILIEUX : Yohan Cabaye (Lille), Mathieu Coutadeur (Le Mans), Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
    ATTAQUANTS : Kevin Gameiro (Lorient), Jérémy Ménez (AS Rome/ITA), Kévin Monnet-Paquet (Lens), Anthony Mounier (Lyon), Frédéric Nimani (Monaco), Loïc Rémy (Nice), Julien Quercia (Auxerre)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/EDF_espoirs_sommaire.html

Dunno about likely line-up, perhaps someone can enlighten us?
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:35 pm

chrissicross wrote:
    kroesius wrote:
    kroesius: No

Soon we will all come back here and hail the legend that is Dieter Eilts!!! cheers

Sammer is not too sure about the genius of Dieter Eilts either it seems... Wink

Kicker wrote:Heute Abend in Magdeburg (19 Uhr) sowie im Rückspiel am kommenden Mittwoch in Metz (19 Uhr) steht ihm U-19-Europameister Horst Hrubesch zur Seite, der "nach oben" abgestellt wurde. Eine Maßnahme, die Interpretationen jeglicher Art erlaubt. Von der Bündelung fachlicher Kompetenz, so die offizielle Diktion, bis zu einer schleichenden Entmachtung des Trainers Dieter Eilts.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/startseite/artikel/383787/
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:French squad for ce soir etc:

GARDIENS : Benoît Costil (Vannes/L2), Rémy Riou (Auxerre)
    DEFENSEURS : Habib Bellaïd (Francfort/ALL), Mouhamadou Dabo (Saint-Etienne), Romain Danze (Rennes), Didier Digard (Middlesbrough/ANG), Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth/ANG), Charles Nzogbia (Newcastle/ANG), Yohan Benalouane (Saint-Etienne)
    MILIEUX : Yohan Cabaye (Lille), Mathieu Coutadeur (Le Mans), Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
    ATTAQUANTS : Kevin Gameiro (Lorient), Jérémy Ménez (AS Rome/ITA), Kévin Monnet-Paquet (Lens), Anthony Mounier (Lyon), Frédéric Nimani (Monaco), Loïc Rémy (Nice), Julien Quercia (Auxerre)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/EDF_espoirs_sommaire.html

Dunno about likely line-up, perhaps someone can enlighten us?

According to some French poster on t.de:

allez les bleus wrote:

allez__les__bleus
    IP: logged

AS Monaco ich will mal kurz für die Franzosen sprechen:

Ruffier im Tor musste absagen, Riou wird wohl die Kiste hüten.
    Costil(Vannes) und Benalouane (ASSE) wurden nachnominiert, werden aber meiner meinung nach nicht zum Zuge kommen.

Defensiv rechne ich mit:
    Habib Bellaïd (Eintracht Francfort/ALL)
    Mouhamadou Dabo (Saint-Etienne)
    Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth/ANG)
    Charles Nzogbia (Newcastle/ANG)

im Mittelfeld mit

Yohan Cabaye (Lille)
    Mathieu Coutadeur (Le Mans)
    Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne)
    Jérémy Menez (AS Rome/ITA)

Außenseiterchancen für Sissoko, bei dessen Club(Toulouse) es eben einfach läuft zurzeit.

Vorne wünsch ich mir:

Loïc Rémy (Nice)
    Kevin Monnet-Paquet (Lens)

Es wird eine ausgeglichene Partie werden, beide teams haben schwächen in der Defensive. F im Tor, D in der IV, die allergrößte Probleme mit Rémy haben wird.
    Menez dazu erstmals seit einem Jahr für die espoirs nominiert, das zeigt die Wichtigkeit dieses Spiels.

Knapper Sieg France!
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 pm

our line-up

Neuer - Beck, Höwedes, Schwaab, Boenisch - Özil, Khedira, Kruska, Marin - Dejagah, Hunt

Is Castro injured? scratch
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Metze's Haeschen wrote:our line-up

Neuer - Beck, Höwedes, Schwaab, Boenisch - Özil, Khedira, Kruska, Marin - Dejagah, Hunt

Is Castro injured? scratch

No. Unbelievable, Kruska instead of Castro. Typical Eilts decision.
    I don´t expect much for tonight´s game.
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Tbh, I don't even know what to expect, but I hope they will get their act together today. *fingerscross*
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 pm

14' 1-0 Germany after a long-range shot from Dejagah

cheers

23' 1-1 goal for France after a corner and a big mistake from Neuer Rolling Eyes
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:54 pm

FT GER v FRA 1-1

Well, looks like we once again won't qualify for the EM... Rolling Eyes

It started of well for us, but after the equalizer we more and more lost control over the game. Boenisch with lots of mistakes, Özil's and Hunt's passing has been way too sloppy as well. Marin had a rather quite performance and was replaced by Kroos later on who then directly introduced himself with a fine Schwalbe in the box. Doh Dunno, but this team lacks fighting spirit and someone who steps up in times when things don't go their way. It was a fair result in the end though. France had the edge over us in the second half, but didn't create any clear chances either to deserve a win.
    Ballboy Thomas Müller
    Ballboy Thomas Müller

Post by Ballboy Thomas Müller Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, what can I say? The performance was as expected. We played exactly the same rubbish as we did against Israel or Moldova. Without any passion.
    Boenisch was overstrained tonight, while Kruska´s lack of quality was evident.

But the weakest link in the chain is the coach. Eilts is in charge for the U21´s for over 4 years now. He had a lot of excellent players in all of his teams.
    But he couldn´t for a team in all of his years. Does anybody know the "Handschrift" of Dieter Eilts?
    It´s clear: If we don´t reach the Euro´s, Eilt´s will be sacked.
    If I would be Sammer, I would sack him immediately and let Horst do the job in the 2nd leg.

Noch ist es nicht zu spät, aber mit Eilts sehe ich absolut schwarz für das Rückspiel.
    Lesley
    Lesley

Post by Lesley Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:39 pm

kicker.de: Neuers Patzer wird bestraft
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 am

kroesius wrote:Well, what can I say? The performance was as expected. We played exactly the same rubbish as we did against Israel or Moldova. Without any passion.
    Boenisch was overstrained tonight, while Kruska´s lack of quality was evident.

But the weakest link in the chain is the coach. Eilts is in charge for the U21´s for over 4 years now. He had a lot of excellent players in all of his teams.
    But he couldn´t for a team in all of his years. Does anybody know the "Handschrift" of Dieter Eilts?
    It´s clear: If we don´t reach the Euro´s, Eilt´s will be sacked.
    If I would be Sammer, I would sack him immediately and let Horst do the job in the 2nd leg.

Noch ist es nicht zu spät, aber mit Eilts sehe ich absolut schwarz für das Rückspiel.

Genau, der Horst soll's richten!!! cheers Wink Won't happen though. Sammer is not going to stab his old EM96 buddy in the back, and I also don't believe that Hrubesch could turn around the team within a few days. He's no magician either after all.

I thought the line-up was ok-ish yesterday, but like in previous matches Eilts just never gets the best out of the players at disposal. Granted, we've given away the win by a stupid mistake from Neuer, but I was really wondering what he was telling them in the half-time, as the team has shown no positive reaction or desire to win in the second half. To an extent you have to question the mentality of the players here as well. Such phlegmatic performances without any team spirit like they are displaying in abundance is unacceptable, especially in a play-offs. But yeah, the good thing about the match: it brings us one more step closer to the end of the era of Eilts.

Are there any news on Khedira btw? Would be a big blow for us if he isn't fit for the return match.
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Post by chrissicross Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:24 am

Metze's Haeschen wrote:FT GER v FRA 1-1

Well, looks like we once again won't qualify for the EM... Rolling Eyes

It started of well for us, but after the equalizer we more and more lost control over the game. Boenisch with lots of mistakes, Özil's and Hunt's passing has been way too sloppy as well. Marin had a rather quite performance and was replaced by Kroos later on who then directly introduced himself with a fine Schwalbe in the box. Doh Dunno, but this team lacks fighting spirit and someone who steps up in times when things don't go their way. It was a fair result in the end though. France had the edge over us in the second half, but didn't create any clear chances either to deserve a win.
    That´s about my impression as well. What a shame though Neuer produced such an idiotic mistake. After that nothing really worked anymore for us.

Boenisch was abysmal again. As much as I like him, but Eilts has to bench him. Boateng should replace him.

And Kroos should start instead of Kruska next week. We unfortunately need an away goal now. If Khedira can´t play next week, Castro should replace him.

Anyway, we can still do it, but we need more will and effort from everyone. We can´t just start to slouch every time things don´t go our way.
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
    Supports : VfB Stuttgart
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by anglophileHedgehog Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:53 am

Khedira fehlt deutschem U-21-Team
    http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/dfb-team/0810/News/Khedira-fehlt-deutschem-U-21-Team.html

Super. Klasse! Rolling Eyes Just when he'd got his act back together for Stuttgart...
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Post by chrissicross Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:53 pm

$h!t, Marin is injured as well. Maybe we could play like this then

.........................Neuer..........................

Beck...Höwedes.....Schwaab...Boateng

...............Kroos..........Castro................

Özil..............................................Hunt

.............Dejagah......Hennings..............
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl

Post by DeLux Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Square pegs in round holes?
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Post by chrissicross Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Olé wrote:Square pegs in round holes?
    Question
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:58 pm

anglophileHedgehog wrote:Khedira fehlt deutschem U-21-Team
    http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/dfb-team/0810/News/Khedira-fehlt-deutschem-U-21-Team.html

chrissicross wrote:$h!t, Marin is injured as well.

Eine Hiobsbotschaft kommt selten allein... Rolling Eyes

Does anyone know how Polanski is doing in Spain?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:58 pm