Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Football Genius
Roger Hunt
EMP
L.r.d
lrdsucksgoats
Calidad
Formerly known as sheva7
Kimbo
Puro
Kroos
debaser
Parks lives
fcb
Yef
Axeslammer
Chocolate Thunder
20 posters

Will England Qualify for the World Cup

Poll

Well............

[ 13 ]
    Will England Qualify for the World Cup Bar_left57%Will England Qualify for the World Cup Bar_right [57%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Will England Qualify for the World Cup Bar_left43%Will England Qualify for the World Cup Bar_right [43%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Will England Qualify for the World Cup Empty Will England Qualify for the World Cup

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 am

I'm 60-40 on the whole matter at present. I think they will qualify but they will do so stumbling over the line like in 2002. Now I didn't see any highlights now but from what I gathered listening to the disgruntled England faithful on Your on Sky Sports last night... well the majority seemed VERY worried.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Will England Qualify for the World Cup Empty Re: Will England Qualify for the World Cup

Post by Axeslammer Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:58 am

10 World Class players *and* Wayne Rooney cheers
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Will England Qualify for the World Cup Empty Re: Will England Qualify for the World Cup

Post by Yef Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:04 am

Last tourny we didnt really miss England, but I hope they will make it next time! I hope the GAS countries all fail to qualify though.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:06 am

Yes, definitely. The signs are classic Capello so far - $h!t football, odd lineup lacking players like Young or Cole who have pace and flair, and fans hating him. But the results will come.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 am

Where does 2nd get us? Qualified or in a play off?

I still think even with the sh*t uninspiring football we can manage 2nd.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 am

playoff.

I think the main danger is dropping pts in the away trips to E.Europe. Losing to Croatia is likely, and wouldn't be total disaster, but if you don't win at Belarus, Kazakhstan, there'll be problems. See also: drawing with Macedonia iand Israel in Euro qualifiers.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 am

So 2nd and then beat Republic of Ireland in a playoff is my prediction.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 am

Parks lives wrote:So 2nd and then beat Republic of Ireland in a playoff is my prediction.

Twat Laughing

We actually played some nice football last night and there were saigns of improvement under Trap in our friendly instead of the dross that we have served up in the past what 4 maybe 5 years.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:37 am

i would say no, they will lose 2 times against croatia

and only the first team is fix qualified, and we all know how good england can handle pressure
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:i would say no
    my gosh. you stun me.

How's Germany's domination and humiliation of Spain coming along?
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Phew! surely Capello now knows that he's dealing with overhyped-overrated-overpaid losers. I expect Capello to make it for he's in a very easy group having only Croatia to play against.

I thought England had ONE world class player in Gerrard, but I was wrong. Move him a little to the left, just a little and he's lost. The true measure of "world class" is when a player can still dominate the game when played out of position.

Ronaldinho was thrown out to the left and we saw what he did there. Zidane was played out to that same side and look what he did. Figo was shoved to the left side of midfield to accomodate a particular T-shirt seller at Real Madrid, and the Portuguese great still influenced matches.

"Seven or eight world class players plus Rooney!" MY BALLS TOO! lol! <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Puro wrote:Phew! surely Capello now knows that he's dealing with overhyped-overrated-overpaid losers. I expect Capello to make it for he's in a very easy group having only Croatia to play against.

I thought England had ONE world class player in Gerrard, but I was wrong. Move him a little to the left, just a little and he's lost. The true measure of "world class" is when a player can still dominate the game when played out of position.

Ronaldinho was thrown out to the left and we saw what he did there. Zidane was played out to that same side and look what he did. Figo was shoved to the left side of midfield to accomodate a particular T-shirt seller at Real Madrid, and the Portuguese great still influenced matches.

How are Peru looking? Are they likely to qualify?
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:26 pm

England have eight WC players plus Rooney. Their biggest problem are the corrupt fuckos of the English FA.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    How are Peru looking? Are they likely to qualify?

Good day Kimbo bro! Get this! It was a FIFA international day yesterday, and the fuckos in the FPF COULD NOT EVEN ARRANGE a game for Perú. They decided to keep the quarter million dollars in their pockets lol!

It gets even better! The FPF had the national team play the Under 21 team in what was basically your typical scrimmage that can be easily scheduled just any day in the football calendar.

That's not the end of it! No sir! The under fire national coach called up players from bottom dwellers Alianza Lima (they must have good agents, play like shite and STILL get the call) to La Selección in a very questionable move. The only problem was that Alianza Lima were playing a make up match yesterday so the players called up couldn't play in the "FIFA international date". Biggrin

So the FIFA date turned out to be a mix of national team players and under 21 players playing against each other all scrambled. True story Kimbo bro! You just don't know what to expect anymore from our "football directors". Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Your directors sound almost as incompenant as ours. I'll take that as a "Peru will 100% NOT qualify". <Ale>
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Croatia aren't as great as some are suggesting, though I do like their boy Rakitic. I'm not sure how good Ukraine are, because I don't know any of their players, but they'll always be a difficult opponent, particularly away from home.

But I'm confident that if we play the right team, we will qualify. Then after the hype begins, we'll get to quarters, and get knocked out by the first good team we meet; probably on penalty's.
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Puro wrote:Phew! surely Capello now knows that he's dealing with overhyped-overrated-overpaid losers. I expect Capello to make it for he's in a very easy group having only Croatia to play against.

No doubt along with all the other 'true measures' of a world class player you've employed whenever the rather obvious weaknesses of any given England player are picked up by your not particularly sensitive footballing radar...
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Calidad wrote:Croatia aren't as great as some are suggesting, though I do like their boy Rakitic. I'm not sure how good Ukraine are, because I don't know any of their players, but they'll always be a difficult opponent, particularly away from home.

But I'm confident that if we play the right team, we will qualify. Then after the hype begins, we'll get to quarters, and get knocked out by the first good team we meet; probably on penalty's.

f@ck off
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:04 pm

You do know that Berti Vogts will be returning to Wembley during these qualifiers!
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:Your directors sound almost as incompenant as ours. I'll take that as a "Peru will 100% NOT qualify". <Ale>

Actually I take the table showing Peru in last place with 3 points in 6 matches as a "Peru will 100% NOT qualify". Crying or Very sad
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:11 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Calidad wrote:Croatia aren't as great as some are suggesting, though I do like their boy Rakitic. I'm not sure how good Ukraine are, because I don't know any of their players, but they'll always be a difficult opponent, particularly away from home.

f@ck off

so I'm not allowed to support England, despite the fact I was born in London, and my mum has predominantly English heritage?

f@ck off yourself. You're a complete waste of space. You've probably never set foot in Old Trafford you cockney twat.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Calidad wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

f@ck off

so I'm not allowed to support England, despite the fact I was born in London, and my mum has predominantly English heritage?

f@ck off yourself. You're a complete waste of space. You've probably never set foot in Old Trafford you cockney twat.

lol!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Calidad wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

f@ck off

Yes! cheers Ale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm

To answer the question, who gives a f@ck? its not like we'd win the bloody thing anyway!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Calidad wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

f@ck off

study ------- Laugh ok
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Calidad wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

f@ck off

You allowed to support England...you don't... You support Argentina and Scotland and consider yourself Scottish, so don't refer to England as we.

I've been to old trafford a number of times. Why someone who doesn't even live in the same country as the team he supports would use such an argument beats me?

Keep spending every second of your life giving your worthless opinion nobody gives a f@ck about, on every thread on this board about players nobody has ever or will ever hear off...go out and breathe loser. Come again Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Keep spending every second of your life giving your worthless opinion nobody gives a f@ck about

Really lerd, people in glass houses. <Ale>
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Will England Qualify for the World Cup Lrd-4
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Factoid: England's group of six teams contains as many 2006 World Cup Quarter finalists as every single non-European qualifying group combined. Plus Croatia.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Post by Calidad Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:25 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Calidad wrote:
    L.r.d wrote:

f@ck off

You allowed to support England...you don't... You support Argentina and Scotland and consider yourself Scottish, so don't refer to England as we.

I've been to old trafford a number of times. Why someone who doesn't even live in the same country as the team he supports would use such an argument beats me?

Keep spending every second of your life giving your worthless opinion nobody gives a f@ck about, on every thread on this board about players nobody has ever or will ever hear off...go out and breathe loser. Come again Biggrin <Ale>

My dad was born about 10 miles from Easter Road, and brought me up on the fucking club. Are you telling me that because I actually wasn't born in Scotland, that I shouldn't be supporting them? Who the hell are you, to tell me who I am allowed to support? Do you have some sort of monopoly over who supports England?

And, no, I don't support Argentina. I spent a few months in South Americal, and yes, I happened to like the way they play football, and some of the players that play it. So what? We're not all xenopohobic pillocks like you. Why does it bother you so much?

Do you never nothing more interesting to do with your time, than to try and undermine each and everyone of my posts? You do a fucking lousy job at it anyway, and end up making yourself look like a complete f@ck tard.

As for nobody giving a $h!t about my opinion...again, so fucking what? If that's the case I couldn't care less. The question is, why do you? You're the one that follows me about like a bad smell. You're a fucking embarrassment.

And I can't believe someone who hacked the board, or hacked users is having jibes at how I spend my time. Get a fucking grip.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 pm