Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Sgoater1
EMP
Axeslammer
Sheffield gunner
Glenarch of the Glen
COTR
fcb
Kroos
12 posters

POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market Empty POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market

Post by Kroos Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

the best clubs in the world hunting for both

real, bayern, juve, mancity, arsenal

i think next year its time to take another step in there career, i would love to see them in another league playing for a top club

poldi should leave bayern in the winter break, he wasted 2 years already at bayern, and he showed us again what he can do

confedcup
    wc2006
    euro 2008

always one of the best players at the tournament
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market Empty Re: POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market

Post by fcb Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Best clubs in the world...Man city? lol!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market Empty Re: POLDI and gomez, the 2 hottest strikers on transfer market

Post by COTR Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 pm

kas wrote:Best clubs in the world...Man city? lol!

I laughed more at the Gomez hottest striker in the market comment

I'm sure Deisler can cast his mind back a few months to when Gomez became a laughing stock cyclops
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:11 pm

they're good players at a small club, it's no wonder other clubs are interested. The best players are already at big clubs so we don't hear so many transfer rumours about them ok
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:14 pm

And it's a bit sad that rumours about these two come out *after* the transfer window closed. Says a lot about newspapers' priorities during it.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Podolski so hopefully he does move to a good club where he's valued as a starter.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:18 pm

kas wrote:And it's a bit sad that rumours about these two come out *after* the transfer window closed. Says a lot about newspapers' priorities during it.

Anyway, I'm a fan of Podolski so hopefully he does move to a good club where he's valued as a starter.

He would have been a better signing for us than Robbie Keane and maybe even a bit cheaper

Gomez's level is a midtable to higher prem team. Villa should bid for him
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Kas, what do you mean when you say that the rumours about these two came out after the transfer window shut? There was plenty of solid speculation about both throughout the summer.

I'm not sure how well Podolski would adapt abroad, but they are both good players in my opinion. A big season for both of them, Podolski needs to displace Klose at Bayern and Gomez needs to respond to his appalling form at the Euros. He seems to be improving a bit so far, and is scoring goals again, but he is still some way from his best.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Kas, what do you mean when you say that the rumours about these two came out after the transfer window shut? There was plenty of solid speculation about both throughout the summer.

lol!

Only Bayern attempted the usual : let's buy our competitor's quality so we dont'even have to play to win the league.

For the rest I haven't heard Gomez or Poldi in a single rumor, let alone a trustworthy rumor...

(which isn't so strange in Gomez's case after his disastrous EC, but I expected Poldi to be popular and the be looking to get off the bench...)
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:36 pm

I thought Man City had confirmed that they submitted a bid for Gomez, although I was avoiding as much of the transfer speculation on that day as possible.

I must admit I was thinking of Cologne's interest in Podolski, which probably doesn't count. Both teams were pretty resolute in warding off interest though, I think they'd both have had plenty of clubs in for them if offers were being considered. Although not at the very top end of the market, I don't want it to sound like I'm agreeing too much with the original point, which overstates the case a fair bit (inevitably).
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:57 pm

COTR wrote:
    kas wrote:And it's a bit sad that rumours about these two come out *after* the transfer window closed. Says a lot about newspapers' priorities during it.

He would have been a better signing for us than Robbie Keane and maybe even a bit cheaper

Gomez is not a bad player. One poor - alright very poor - tournament does not make him Cr@p overnight. He had an impressive season in the Bundesliga and did it carrying injuries last year. He was dreadful in the Euros, but is young enough and good enough to bounce back. If he regains his confidence he will be back. Too early to judge him in my opinion. Why not ask Anglo about him? She knows most about him and will probably have seen more of him than the rest of us put together.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

EMP wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Gomez is not a bad player. One poor - alright very poor - tournament does not make him Cr@p overnight. He had an impressive season in the Bundesliga and did it carrying injuries last year. He was dreadful in the Euros, but is young enough and good enough to bounce back. If he regains his confidence he will be back. Too early to judge him in my opinion. Why not ask Anglo about him? She knows most about him and will probably have seen more of him than the rest of us put together.

You can normally tell the characteristics of players even when they are playing badly. This especially applies to strikers. Gomez appears to have nothing that would elevate him to a great talent. His greatest asset appears to be his physique so I can't see him reaching the level otto and deisler Wink would like him to. He'll be another John Carew type figure who the big clubs think about and maybe will even purchase but will let go after a year or two of average performances
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Most of the time he is a very clinical player, and seems to have that instinctive knack for finding himself in the right position in the box. He is strong, decent in the air and a good finisher with both feet. When he is playing badly like at the Euros he looks awkward and not a particularly good footballer. From what I've seen of him I think his league form is a better representation of his abilities than the Euros. And he has scored lots of goals in all other competitions aside from the Euros, including the CL. I think he could do well at the top level, but it remains to be seen how he responds to this first blip in his career.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Was just kidding SG, because we didn't see any threads or posts on here about these two from Deisler and/or Otto.
    Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:12 pm

Ah right, I didn't realise. Things seem to have gone rather quiet in general really. There has been a distinct lack of strident national pride on this board regarding football!
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:53 pm

kas wrote:Best clubs in the world...Man city? lol!

All in good time Very Happy
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
    Supports : VfB Stuttgart
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by anglophileHedgehog Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:04 pm

COTR wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    COTR wrote:

You can normally tell the characteristics of players even when they are playing badly. This especially applies to strikers. Gomez appears to have nothing that would elevate him to a great talent. His greatest asset appears to be his physique so I can't see him reaching the level otto and deisler Wink would like him to. He'll be another John Carew type figure who the big clubs think about and maybe will even purchase but will let go after a year or two of average performances
    What EMP said and well, we'll see about that last bit...
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am

COTR wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    COTR wrote:

But he's still at a big club Sad
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

Arsenal is neither after Poldi nor Gomez.

Poldi & Gomes, the 2 lukewarmst, or is it lukest warm, strikers on the transfer market...
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Lukaswarm Podolski Ale
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm

I personally think Gomez got it all to be a very good striker , his next move will be very important though a caring manager at a big club is what he need.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm

kas wrote:Lukaswarm Podolski Ale

hehe, made me chuckle ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm