Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Formerly known as sheva7
COTR
Sgoater1
EM Seleção e Selecção
Luis
Deluded F*ck™
TM
110%
Roger Hunt
Dick Grayson
DS
Chocolate Thunder
16 posters

The Trend That Is.. Hating Ronaldo

Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

The Trend That Is.. Hating Ronaldo Empty The Trend That Is.. Hating Ronaldo

Post by Chocolate Thunder Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Found this on another footy site. Orginally from http://therepublikofmancunia.com/my-alarming-realisationi-dont-like-ronaldo/ (A United supporter obviously.)

Whilst not ranting and raving with my disgust in certain players when we’re not doing well, I will have a shout if one of our lads is repeatedly screwing up. The likes of Mikael Silvestre, Darren Fletcher, Kieran Richardson and John O’Shea have probably had me grumbling more than anyone else over the past 10 years or so, but I’m sure they can handle it!

There are lads who sit not far away from me at Old Trafford who bitch and complain every match. It’s “Fucking Rooney, get it on target!” cyclops , ’that was $h!t Giggs!” and “put your fucking foot in Carrick!” every match, and it grates on me.

I can’t tolerate this idea that a player who has contributed positively on so many important occasions deserves the abusing some fans give our players. They’re human, they will have an off day, so give them a break. I heard there were boos at the end of the Villarreal match a couple of weeks back and that leaves me gutted. Who are these people coming to Old Trafford?

However, on Saturday, it struck me at half time that I had become one of them, without me even realising, and Cristiano Ronaldo was the target of my abuse.

Whilst voicing my unhappiness with Ronaldo’s conduct over the summer, I was never one of these big Ronaldo bashers. I understood why he was tempted to leave and had known since day one Real Madrid had been his dream club. It was hardly a shocking revelation when he said he wanted to play for them. I tried to be as understanding as I possibly could.

When the saga was finally resolved, with Ronaldo deciding to stay at the club, it didn’t have a great effect on me. I wasn’t jumping for joy, but equally, I wasn’t fuming either. I could recognise that he was a great talent and whilst I’d never give him the support I had last season, I was pleased enough to have retained the services of the best player in the World, for a year at least anyway.

Ronaldo was saved from any humiliation thanks to his injury, which kept him out of the opening few games. Following a home draw to Newcastle, an away defeat to Liverpool, as well as a poor display against Zenit, our fans were eager to have him back. He was welcomed on to the pitch with a standing ovation, forgiven, it seemed.

Against Bolton, ‘Viva Ronaldo’ was sung before the match as he went to collect some PFA award or another, and after he scored his penalty. That was it. A stark contrast to last season, when his songs were sung every few minutes. I was pleased. I didn’t want to see Ronaldo get booed, it’s so low rent to do that to your own players, but I didn’t want him to be able to walk back in to our open arms, us pretending like nothing had happened. It appears as though the Old Trafford crowd are in agreement, for the time being at least.

However, my behaviour on Saturday was different to ever before, and I wonder if I’m alone in this. I wonder if I’m being a bit over-sensitive and should just get a grip. But when Ronaldo scored, I stayed in my seat. It didn’t move me at all. Maybe it was because I knew it wasn’t a penalty at all and we were going to receive a slating for it, or maybe it was because of the scorer. After throwing himself to the ground too cheaply all day, finally he’d got a decision, and the glory that comes with it. I’m not suggesting Ronaldo dived to win the penalty, because I don’t think he did, but had any other player been on the receiving end of that tackle, I’d have been a lot happier.

Last season, I would have forgiven Ronaldo a whole host of sins. When he fired yet another freekick straight in to the wall, as Owen Hargreaves and Ryan Giggs looked on impatiently, I got over it. When he went to ground too easily then threw a tantrum after not being awarded a freekick, I didn’t fuss. Yes, he was imperfect, but he was so important to us, carving out a place for himself in our history books. I’m not so willing to forgive any more.

There will have been some fans who went to Old Trafford on Saturday knowing full well they did not have any time for Ronaldo, yet for me, it took me by surprise. I didn’t realise the feelings seeing him play for us again would evoke.

It was infuriating to see Ronaldo take on a few players then fall over under minimal contact. As the referee waved play on, and the rest of our team scurried back in to position after supporting the attack, Ronaldo would stay sat on the pitch. The fact that he’d just lost the ball and now the rest of his team had to make up for that seemingly mattered little to him.

There is no real point to this, other than for me to confess and get things off my chest. I don’t want to be one of those pricks who berates our best players and I’m hoping it’s just a ‘phase’ I’m going through. The arrogance and laziness were things I could abide by last season, but now it’s as if a switch has been flicked, and I expect more from him.

Ronaldo has changed, the fame and attention has gone to his head. I overlooked it before, but now, I can’t. Whilst he’s had other people read through his mail for the past few years, he now even resents doing the signings for other people, paid by him, to send out. He drove away at the end of training last week, despite a group of terminally ill visitors at Carrington, and refused to return. Who the f@ck does this guy think he is?

I am grateful for last season and if he scores and assists in every game from now, I’m hardly going to let that goal unappreciated. Still, I don’t want to end up like those tossers at the ground and I am going to make an effort not to be so hard on him. But one things for sure, this season will be a lot less enjoyable if I can no longer ignore his imperfections and get worked up every time Ronaldo behaves in a way I don’t like!

Fair play to the guy who wrote it, it's actually pretty good.

It's nice to see that some of them are starting to see what everybody else see's week in, week out.

Snidey, underhand, self-absorbed, greasy, diving, moaning c**t of a little bitch.

Immense player for what he has done for United but my god he's a grade A c**t is the best I could sum it up. Something very nasty is going to happen to him one day -- I just have a feeling someone is going to "do" him(yes Dick will but not refering to that this time). There is an air of inevitablility about it.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The Trend That Is.. Hating Ronaldo Empty Re: The Trend That Is.. Hating Ronaldo

Post by DS Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:52 am

If this is written by a Man Utd fan , if then he is very fickle and doesnt deserve to be a fan , so last season he could have forgiven him for the 'sins' he commits but not anymore because he wants to go to Madrid ? Eh
    Seems to me his desire to join Madrid has effected the judgment whether the guy admits or not.

Why oh why do people expect Ronaldo to harass attackers back all the way to the penalty area , chasing lost causes etc he is a winger/wing forward for God sake not your DM and even Man Utd Dms dont do that.
    I fear Berbatov gettting the same response he is not going to be closing people down forget it.

About contact its time people realise the difference of contact in Portugal and England also the difference between the basic coaching of these players , yeah he had 5 years in England but he has cut down his play antics , anyone agree or not.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 am

Ronaldo is an arrogant person maybe the sudden wealth after a poor upbringing has gone to his head but these every day articles criticizing him his life style etc are just going too far.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am

Ade Alves wrote:Found this on another footy site. Orginally from http://therepublikofmancunia.com/my-alarming-realisationi-dont-like-ronaldo/ (A United supporter obviously.)

Whilst not ranting and raving with my disgust in certain players when we’re not doing well, I will have a shout if one of our lads is repeatedly screwing up. The likes of Mikael Silvestre, Darren Fletcher, Kieran Richardson and John O’Shea have probably had me grumbling more than anyone else over the past 10 years or so, but I’m sure they can handle it!

There are lads who sit not far away from me at Old Trafford who bitch and complain every match. It’s “Fucking Rooney, get it on target!” cyclops , ’that was $h!t Giggs!” and “put your fucking foot in Carrick!” every match, and it grates on me.

I can’t tolerate this idea that a player who has contributed positively on so many important occasions deserves the abusing some fans give our players. They’re human, they will have an off day, so give them a break. I heard there were boos at the end of the Villarreal match a couple of weeks back and that leaves me gutted. Who are these people coming to Old Trafford?

However, on Saturday, it struck me at half time that I had become one of them, without me even realising, and Cristiano Ronaldo was the target of my abuse.

Whilst voicing my unhappiness with Ronaldo’s conduct over the summer, I was never one of these big Ronaldo bashers. I understood why he was tempted to leave and had known since day one Real Madrid had been his dream club. It was hardly a shocking revelation when he said he wanted to play for them. I tried to be as understanding as I possibly could.

When the saga was finally resolved, with Ronaldo deciding to stay at the club, it didn’t have a great effect on me. I wasn’t jumping for joy, but equally, I wasn’t fuming either. I could recognise that he was a great talent and whilst I’d never give him the support I had last season, I was pleased enough to have retained the services of the best player in the World, for a year at least anyway.

Ronaldo was saved from any humiliation thanks to his injury, which kept him out of the opening few games. Following a home draw to Newcastle, an away defeat to Liverpool, as well as a poor display against Zenit, our fans were eager to have him back. He was welcomed on to the pitch with a standing ovation, forgiven, it seemed.

Against Bolton, ‘Viva Ronaldo’ was sung before the match as he went to collect some PFA award or another, and after he scored his penalty. That was it. A stark contrast to last season, when his songs were sung every few minutes. I was pleased. I didn’t want to see Ronaldo get booed, it’s so low rent to do that to your own players, but I didn’t want him to be able to walk back in to our open arms, us pretending like nothing had happened. It appears as though the Old Trafford crowd are in agreement, for the time being at least.

However, my behaviour on Saturday was different to ever before, and I wonder if I’m alone in this. I wonder if I’m being a bit over-sensitive and should just get a grip. But when Ronaldo scored, I stayed in my seat. It didn’t move me at all. Maybe it was because I knew it wasn’t a penalty at all and we were going to receive a slating for it, or maybe it was because of the scorer. After throwing himself to the ground too cheaply all day, finally he’d got a decision, and the glory that comes with it. I’m not suggesting Ronaldo dived to win the penalty, because I don’t think he did, but had any other player been on the receiving end of that tackle, I’d have been a lot happier.

Last season, I would have forgiven Ronaldo a whole host of sins. When he fired yet another freekick straight in to the wall, as Owen Hargreaves and Ryan Giggs looked on impatiently, I got over it. When he went to ground too easily then threw a tantrum after not being awarded a freekick, I didn’t fuss. Yes, he was imperfect, but he was so important to us, carving out a place for himself in our history books. I’m not so willing to forgive any more.

There will have been some fans who went to Old Trafford on Saturday knowing full well they did not have any time for Ronaldo, yet for me, it took me by surprise. I didn’t realise the feelings seeing him play for us again would evoke.

It was infuriating to see Ronaldo take on a few players then fall over under minimal contact. As the referee waved play on, and the rest of our team scurried back in to position after supporting the attack, Ronaldo would stay sat on the pitch. The fact that he’d just lost the ball and now the rest of his team had to make up for that seemingly mattered little to him.

There is no real point to this, other than for me to confess and get things off my chest. I don’t want to be one of those pricks who berates our best players and I’m hoping it’s just a ‘phase’ I’m going through. The arrogance and laziness were things I could abide by last season, but now it’s as if a switch has been flicked, and I expect more from him.

Ronaldo has changed, the fame and attention has gone to his head. I overlooked it before, but now, I can’t. Whilst he’s had other people read through his mail for the past few years, he now even resents doing the signings for other people, paid by him, to send out. He drove away at the end of training last week, despite a group of terminally ill visitors at Carrington, and refused to return. Who the f@ck does this guy think he is?

I am grateful for last season and if he scores and assists in every game from now, I’m hardly going to let that goal unappreciated. Still, I don’t want to end up like those tossers at the ground and I am going to make an effort not to be so hard on him. But one things for sure, this season will be a lot less enjoyable if I can no longer ignore his imperfections and get worked up every time Ronaldo behaves in a way I don’t like!

It's nice to see that some of them are starting to see what everybody else see's week in, week out.

Maybe they see a player that is so effective its frightening so try to
    knock him down in every way , hope he moves away have a dip in form or
    a bad injury.

Snidey, underhand, self-absorbed, greasy, diving, moaning c**t of a little bitch.
    Lots of players dive these days and its not a United Liverpool thing but your captain does as much as others.

Immense player for what he has done for United but my god he's a grade A c**t is the best I could sum it up. Something very nasty is going to happen to him one day -- I just have a feeling someone is going to "do" him(yes Dick will but not refering to that this time). There is an air of inevitablility about it.

You see
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:34 am

Ade Alves wrote:Found this on another footy site. Orginally from http://therepublikofmancunia.com/my-alarming-realisationi-dont-like-ronaldo/ (A United supporter obviously.)

Ye all do not know how much of that i agree with, the pain in my heart will never be shared!
    I knew we should have sold him last season - the perfection of our romance is over - the cracked mirror will never be the same again, humpty-dumpty will NEVER sit back on the wall again....! Crying or Very sad Sad
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 am

DS wrote: If this is written by a Man Utd fan , if then he is very fickle and doesnt deserve to be a fan , so last season he could have forgiven him for the 'sins' he commits but not anymore because he wants to go to Madrid ? Eh
    Seems to me his desire to join Madrid has effected the judgment whether the guy admits or not.

He's not saying that, just that the endless sulkiness and poor behaviour has finally begun to outweigh the on-pitch contribution for him.

DS wrote:Why oh why do people expect Ronaldo to harass attackers back all the way to the penalty area , chasing lost causes etc he is a winger/wing forward for God sake not your DM and even Man Utd Dms dont do that.
    I fear Berbatov gettting the same response he is not going to be closing people down forget it.

He doesn't have to tackle back, but at least standing up and getting in a position to receive a clearance would help his team out.

DS wrote:About contact its time people realise the difference of contact in Portugal and England also the difference between the basic coaching of these players , yeah he had 5 years in England but he has cut down his play antics , anyone agree or not.

Yes he has cut down on his play-acting. But it's still noticeable.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 am

Roger Hunt wrote:
    DS wrote: If this is written by a Man Utd fan , if then he is very fickle and doesnt deserve to be a fan , so last season he could have forgiven him for the 'sins' he commits but not anymore because he wants to go to Madrid ? Eh

He's not saying that, just that the endless sulkiness and poor behaviour has finally begun to outweigh the on-pitch contribution for him.

Why now 5th year in his career.

DS wrote:Why oh why do people expect Ronaldo to harass attackers back all the way to the penalty area , chasing lost causes etc he is a winger/wing forward for God sake not your DM and even Man Utd Dms dont do that.

He doesn't have to tackle back, but at least standing up and getting in a position to receive a clearance would help his team out.

Last season he was supposed to be the man thats gives us some presence in the box meaning the most forward player also the most freedom was available to him , I cant see this tackling back issue.

DS wrote:About contact its time people realise the difference of contact in Portugal and England also the difference between the basic coaching of these players , yeah he had 5 years in England but he has cut down his play antics , anyone agree or not.

Lots of player do the same , I dont see hate threads popping around for them.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 am

DS wrote:
    Roger Hunt wrote:

Why now 5th year in his career.

Because he's older and wiser and should be maturing as a player? Because he's good enough to do without the tantrums?

DS wrote:

Last season he was supposed to be the man thats gives us some presence in the box meaning the most forward player also the most freedom was available to him , I cant see this tackling back issue.

He doesn't have to tackle back, but he should get off his arse and be available to receive the ball. Try actually acknowledging the point I'm making rather than just repeating yourself.

DS wrote:

Lots of player do the same , I dont see hate threads popping around for them.
    [/quote]

But he is probably the most high-profile player in the Premiership and so he will attract more attention, both positive and negative, than anyone else.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:00 am

I don't really see it as any big deal. Most non-manu fans thought this way about him for years, the manu fans don't quite love him as much as they used to and are beginning to see what the rest of us already saw.

It isn't one thing that makes me dislike him. It is a combination of factors, probably arrogance being the biggest. Then you add in the "slave' stuff, attention seeking, diving, card-waving, diving, crying, regularly going missing in big games, not giving a $h!t about the fans, going to prostitutes etc.

The trend is just manu fans seeing the truth, there isn 't a trend for the rest of us who always thought he is a rgeat player, but a grade A c**t.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Not sure why people are going too much into what kind of person Ronaldo is, or how he acts.

He's a fantastic footballer, and he does what he's paid to do score and create goals. That's all that should matter at the end of the day.

There are many footballers that are contes, such as his teammate Rooney Biggrin amongst many others in world football, it's a bit unfair that Ronaldo is being targeted more so than the rest on a regular basis.
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW

Post by Dick Grayson Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:40 pm

TM wrote:Not sure why people are going too much into what kind of person Ronaldo is, or how he acts.

He's a fantastic footballer, and he does what he's paid to do score and create goals. That's all that should matter at the end of the day.

There are many footballers that are contes, such as his teammate Rooney Biggrin amongst many others in world football, it's a bit unfair that Ronaldo is being targeted more so than the rest on a regular basis.

You sound like....dick! Very Happy
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:24 pm

cheers
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:12 pm

It's all true, but the same also applies to a certain Fernando Torres.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™ wrote:It's all true, but the same also applies to a certain Fernando Torres.

110% wrote: arrogance being the biggest. Then you add in the "slave' stuff, attention seeking, diving, card-waving, diving, crying, regularly going missing in big games, not giving a $h!t about the fans, going to prostitutes etc.

Even if you think Torres dives, I can't see that the rest applies to him.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Torres is no way near the c**t Ronaldo is but I do think Nando needs to control his frustration at times. He certainly doesn't go missing in the big games though, that's for sure.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Ronaldo could do better in big games but he's nowhere near as flawed as henry, for examples.

Torres is a c**t, probably not on the level of Ronaldo or Henry, but a c**t nevertheless.
    EM Seleção e Selecção
    EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
    Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
    Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:10 pm

110% wrote:I don't really see it as any big deal. Most non-manu fans thought this way about him for years, the manu fans don't quite love him as much as they used to and are beginning to see what the rest of us already saw.

It isn't one thing that makes me dislike him. It is a combination of factors, probably arrogance being the biggest. Then you add in the "slave' stuff, attention seeking, diving, card-waving, diving, crying, regularly going missing in big games, not giving a $h!t about the fans, going to prostitutes etc.

The trend is just manu fans seeing the truth, there isn 't a trend for the rest of us who always thought he is a rgeat player, but a grade A c**t.
    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Fucking c**t !
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™️ wrote:Ronaldo could do better in big games but he's nowhere near as flawed as henry, for examples.

Torres is a c**t, probably not on the level of Ronaldo or Henry, but a c**t nevertheless.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/community/FC13592080929-1641.htm Wink

Your comment is quite bizarre T/S. It's on Pierre levels of letting what you want to believe overtake reality cyclops

Torres is a pretty shy kid, known for not letting media attention get to his head. I would compare him more to scholes in terms of how he deals with himself outside football rather than the self consuming egotist that is ronaldo
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

He speaks better than Winston Churchill as well.. Razz

Fernando Torres believes Robbie Keane deserves to take the accolades for his derby day showing.

The Liverpool striker bagged a brace against arch-rivals Everton on Saturday to ensure the Reds secured bragging rights around the city.

However, the humble Spaniard has been quick to credit team-mates Keane and Dirk Kuyt for their role in helping him scale the heights at Goodison Park.

"It is very simple - without Robbie and Dirk, the goals I scored would not have been created," Torres told the Liverpool Echo.

"They were involved in both goals and it is because they give everything for the team that I was able to score them.

"If you look at my first goal, the ball that Robbie crossed in was perfect and so was the run by Dirk which took the Everton defenders away and gave me a clear chance.

"It is always nice to score, but without my team-mates it would not have been possible."

Torres may have been the hero at the weekend, but he claims the hard-fought victory should be enjoyed by everyone connected with the club.

"I am so pleased for the staff, for the boss and for all the players," he said. "But also for the workers in the factories, the offices, the restaurants, the hotels and the bars who want to win this game so much.

"I would like to dedicate my goals to them as thanks for their support. I hope we made them happy by winning.

"When we win we win together, so this victory is shared between all of us. It is not about one player."

Keane has struggled to find his best form since moving to Anfield from Tottenham over the summer, but Torres is confident the Reds' new strike force will come good.

"It is not always easy to form a new partnership but we are working hard in training all the time and it was good to see that work pay off on Saturday," he said. "Robbie was very important for our victory and I am sure that very soon it will be him who is getting the goals because he is a great player.

"Once he gets his first goal even more will follow because sometimes you just need to relieve the pressure with one goal.

"I have not been scoring for six games, which is too long for a striker, but when I got one on Saturday the other one followed almost straight away and that is often the way it happens."

It was all for us. We love him and he loves us.

*Faints*

Laughing
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:40 pm

I don't think it's about crying and diving. Only you english blame him for that.

IMO It's not about "not giving a $h!t about the fans, going to prostitutes etc" as well. Fat Ronaldo had this kind of behaviour over his whole career and almost everybody likes him.

It's not about his desire to move to Madrid. Zidane did something similar when he signed for Madrid and almost no one criticised him for that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/europe/1402523.stm

The problem with Ronaldo is that he is too arrogant.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:50 pm

sheva7 wrote:I don't think it's about crying and diving. Only you english blame him for that.

And the Dutch from the look of things.

The reality is there is a million reasons to hate him, strangely the ones that don't get brought up much are his using of prossies and his bisexuality.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:09 pm

COTR wrote:
    Hip Hip Heurelho™️ wrote:Ronaldo could do better in big games but he's nowhere near as flawed as henry, for examples.

Your comment is quite bizarre T/S. It's on Pierre levels of letting what you want to believe overtake reality cyclops

Torres is a pretty shy kid, known for not letting media attention get to his head. I would compare him more to scholes in terms of how he deals with himself outside football rather than the self consuming egotist that is ronaldo

Drogba & Torres have quite similar personalities. Guess which one is hated.

WWasn'tn Torres the one who called EPL defenders & keepers $h!t?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™️ wrote:
    COTR wrote:

What are you on about TS?lol!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Ade Alves wrote:
    COTR wrote:

What are you on about TS?lol!

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/.../Fernando-Torres-Premier-League-goalkeepers-and-defenders-are-poor-quality.html

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1246791.ece

They both Dive, but they are both normally shy characters of the pitch.

Unless you're blinded by the freckles & blond locks.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:43 pm

sheva7 wrote:I don't think it's about crying and diving. Only you english blame him for that.
    IMO It's not about "not giving a $h!t about the fans, going to prostitutes etc" as well. Fat Ronaldo had this kind of behaviour over his whole career and almost everybody likes him.

It's not about his desire to move to Madrid. Zidane did something similar when he signed for Madrid and almost no one criticised him for that.

Correction - most of northern Europe hate him for it too, unless you missed him being booed constantly on Tuesday by a very non English crowd.

Its only the Latino countries who aren't bothered as they see so much of it anyway ingrained into their football that its no longer even registered
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Otto's Olympic Dream wrote:

Correction - most of northern Europe hate him for it too, unless you missed him being booed constantly on Tuesday by a very non English crowd.

Its only the Latino countries who aren't bothered as they see so much of it anyway ingrained into their football that its no longer even registered

I don't think Latin countries "see so much of it anyway ingrained into their football that its no longer even registered", they simply don't have this macho man culture. Also British referees allow more physical contact than referees from latin countries.

Last edited by sheva7 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:18 pm

sheva7 wrote:

I don't think Latin countries "see so much of it anyway ingrained into their football that its no longer even registered", they simply don't have this macho man culture. Also British referees some referees allow more physical contact than referees from latin countries.

I think that's a problem for Latin countries, generally, because it actually gives more scope for the most cynical, brutal fouls.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:45 pm

Hip Hip Heurelho™ wrote:
    sheva7 wrote:

I don't think Latin countries "see so much of it anyway ingrained into their football that its no longer even registered", they simply don't have this macho man culture. Also British referees some referees allow more physical contact than referees from latin countries.

I think that's a problem for Latin countries, generally, because it actually gives more scope for the most cynical, brutal fouls.

I don't think so. There are much less awful challenges like Pogatetz's on Possebom. On the other hand there is more room to time wasting and many times the referee stops the play unnecessarily. Back to the topic.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:58 pm

COTR wrote:

Drogba and Torres affraid

And you can have a few more affraid affraid affraid affraid just for added affect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm