Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
TITO
Pierre Littbarski
Tweesus
Balls Grayson
S4P
L r dd
Super Progress
Deluded F*ck™
Fade out
Chocolate Thunder
debaser
Glenarch of the Glen
Parks lives
TM
Axeslammer
fcb
20 posters

Best player in the world

Best player in the world Empty Best player in the world

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 am

I've been hearing Steven Gerrard is the best player in the world, argument from a lot of english pundits since Gerrard scored a few goals against

Real
    Man utd
    Aston villa

Now, i put it too you my fellow posters,(whose opinion i value more than those stupid pundits) is Steven Gerrard currently the best player in the world, his he better than.

Rooney
    Ronaldo
    Torres
    Kaka
    Ribery
    klose

and the likes.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Best player in the world Empty Re: Best player in the world

Post by fcb Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:35 am

Do you mean "2nd best player in the world", and that's why you've left out Messi?
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 am

Klose, Kaka & Ribery haven't been setting the world on fire for quite a while now...

Rooney & Ronaldo aren't that hot either.

So the only interesting player from that list is Torres...and he's been injured too long to be considered for anything.

So from that list it's an easy win for Stevie G Ale
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:35 am

Messi is the best player on the face of this planet atm, 30 goals & 18 Assists, no other player comes close.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to the English pundits, they were pondering whether or not A.Young is good as Messi at the weekend. Erm
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:46 am

TM wrote:

I wouldnt pay too much attention to the English pundits, they were pondering whether or not A.Young is good as Messi at the weekend. Erm

Missed that, who was saying that?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:02 am

Gerrard is in form right now, he's probably favourite to win the football writers award as far as England is concerned.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:04 am

Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

I don't think it was an English pundit, I think it was that guy on Irish TV who always exaggerates things just to be remembered and get a reaction from people...he always says the craziest things about Ronaldo.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

kas wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

I don't think it was an English pundit, I think it was that guy on Irish TV who always exaggerates things just to be remembered and get a reaction from people...he always says the craziest things about Ronaldo.
    If they were, it would've been to take the piss out of O'Neill who mentioned them in the same sentence a few months back when Young was on form.
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

Richard Keys apparently:

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/english-football-f3/f365-s-winners-losers-gameweek-30-t19601.htm
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am

kas wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

WHAT? Dunphy has never said anything along the line of Young being as good as Messi. He laughed it off you mad thing.

GERRARD IS ZZ`S TOP
    Posted 13/03/09 07:51

Zinedine Zidane believes Steven Gerrard is the best player in the world.

The legendary former Real Madrid playmaker saw his old club dismantled by Gerrard's Liverpool on Tuesday night, when the Reds ran out 4-0 winners at Anfield, 5-0 on aggregate.

England's midfield star scored two of the goals and ahead of tomorrow's crucial trip to Old Trafford, Zidane has claimed he is a better all-round player than Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, the current holder of the Ballon d'Or.

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of (Lionel) Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be," the former France captain said.

"If you don't have a player like Steven Gerrard, who is the engine room, it can affect the whole team.

"When we were winning league titles and European Cups at Real, I always said Claude Makelele was our most important player.

"There is no way myself, (Luis) Figo or Raul would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."

Zidane added: "He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief.

"You can't learn that - players like him are just born with that presence."
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 am

TM wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

Richard Keys apparently:

http://europeanboard.ephpbb.com/english-football-f3/f365-s-winners-losers-gameweek-30-t19601.htm

So one TV presenter?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 am

TM wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

Richard Keys apparently:

I wouldn't use Richard fucking Keys as a general view of all things English football lol! lol!
    TM
    TM

Post by TM Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am

Ade wrote:
    TM wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

Richard Keys apparently:

I wouldn't use Richard fucking Keys as a general view of all things English football lol! lol!

Your right, sometimes I think they intentionally get these dimwits on SS and MoTD.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 am

I don't know what is more ridiculous, paying attention to Richard Keys or paying attention to TM.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:31 am

Ade wrote:
    kas wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:
    TM wrote:

WHAT? Dunphy has never said anything along the line of Young being as good as Messi. He laughed it off you mad thing.

Ahh yeah, remember his name now - Eamon Dunphy. Wouldn't have been surprised if it was him Laughing but fair enough, just couldn't remember.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 am

I remember it was CL semis last year when Dunphy kept singing praises about Messi as the better player on the pitch, and Cristiano Ronaldo a narcissist, disgrace & overhyped. He hates Cristiano with such passion. Laughing
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 am

people paint Dunphy as an idiot but a lot of the time he is only saying (in a less diplomatic way) what most people are thinking.

His rants on Ronaldo and Keane are funny because of his delivery, but most of the time he's spot on.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:10 am

Ledley King.

Just Imagine if his knees were in decent shape.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 am

Glenn Wright-Phillips wrote:people paint Dunphy as an idiot but a lot of the time he is only saying (in a less diplomatic way) what most people are thinking.

His rants on Ronaldo and Keane are funny because of his delivery, but most of the time he's spot on.

Except on Keane. Yes.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Glenn Wright-Phillips wrote:people paint Dunphy as an idiot but a lot of the time he is only saying (in a less diplomatic way) what most people are thinking.

ok
    I love the guy allthough he goes to far in saying that Ronaldo was disgraceful in those games against Barcelona. Didn't think Ronaldo did anything bad except not play well. However it was funny as hell to actually hear a pundit be so harsh against a player that is a media darling.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Super Madrid wrote:

ok
    I love the guy allthough he goes to far in saying that Ronaldo was disgraceful in those games against Barcelona. Didn't think Ronaldo did anything bad except not play well. However it was funny as hell to actually hear a pundit be so harsh against a player that is a media darling.

You just agree on anything anti Ronaldo. And glenn you're clueless if you think Dunphy is everspot on. He was saying Ronaldo was shite 4 years ago and is just too stubborn to admit he was wrong. People began to watch to see his senile rants. He went from ''1 trick pony, puffball, no end product fancy dan'' to ''overated by English media trophies and goals true indication.'' Then Ronaldo won everything scored loads and he still said something else. He actually admitted he was wrong in a newspaper article once, then Ronaldo had a bad game in the next game and he went back to the usual probably regretting the article.

Before the 7-1 the whole panel rubbished every man utd player except smith and rooney and couldn't see a way Roma wouldn't go through. He's more like the guy in the pub screaming get into them, loving players like Heinze, Smith, etc. Thinking anything on the other side is greener. The only reason he isn't laughed off by 100% of people instead of 80% is due to the person most of his senile rants are directed at.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm

what are you talking about Lrd?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:17 pm

L-r d wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:

ok

You just agree on anything anti Ronaldo. And glenn you're clueless if you think Dunphy is everspot on. He was saying Ronaldo was shite 4 years ago and is just too stubborn to admit he was wrong. People began to watch to see his senile rants. He went from ''1 trick pony, puffball, no end product fancy dan'' to ''overated by English media trophies and goals true indication.'' Then Ronaldo won everything scored loads and he still said something else. He actually admitted he was wrong in a newspaper article once, then Ronaldo had a bad game in the next game and he went back to the usual probably regretting the article.

Before the 7-1 the whole panel rubbished every man utd player except smith and rooney and couldn't see a way Roma wouldn't go through. He's more like the guy in the pub screaming get into them, loving players like Heinze, Smith, etc. Thinking anything on the other side is greener. The only reason he isn't laughed off by 100% of people instead of 80% is due to the person most of his senile rants are directed at.
    Read what I wrote!!
    I love the guy for being so in your face. I can't remember seeing too many pundits say stuff like he said. If he went how Robben was a disgrace you can bet that I would love him just the same. Im not saying he is right all the time but I do agree with him regarding Ronaldos performances in big games. Also thought he had some fun stuff to say against the BBC pundits which I think most on this board also dislike if im not mistaken.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 pm

http://sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=597940&idseccio_PK=803

Gerrard says in an interview that he's proud to be included among the best midfielders in the world, but does not agree with it. For him, the best players are Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi. These 3 players are on a different level to everyone else, and he enjoys watching them play.

So there you have it, from the horse's mouth itself Ale

End of thread Wink
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 pm

It's ripped from CL magazine show. Hacks insert this bit "but does not agree with it". He said he enjoy those three from Farca, and added Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best despite being a rival. Finally added Torres to that list diplomatically. Laugh
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Surprisingly (and in many ways sadly) in a sport now dominated by "PGD", the best player in the world on current form is a 1-footed dwarf.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:32 pm

S4P wrote:Surprisingly (and in many ways sadly) in a sport now dominated by "PGD", the best player in the world on current form is a 1-footed dwarf.
    But a pacy 1-footed dwarf and that is the point.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    S4P wrote:Surprisingly (and in many ways sadly) in a sport now dominated by "PGD", the best player in the world on current form is a 1-footed dwarf.

Wait.. what's the point again?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Super Madrid wrote:

Note the finish:
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20090324/53666586096.html?IDMC=53666428385

Right foot Ale

And while we're on the subject of Messi, this link has links to what MD thinks are his top 10 goals for Barça. Enjoy Ale

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20090324/noticia_53666589593.html
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:22 pm

I've seen him score a few goals with his right foot (usually from 6 yards out with the keeper already on the floor), but when does he ever dribble or pass with his right foot? Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm