Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Dwarf
BoBo Vieri 32
Pierre Littbarski
Axeslammer
Deluded F*ck™
L r dd
Parks lives
Rosicky
fcb
S4P
Torrente
Isco Benny
Super Progress
17 posters

CL Special: There Is No Barcelona-Chelsea Conspiracy

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

CL Special: There Is No Barcelona-Chelsea Conspiracy - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Special: There Is No Barcelona-Chelsea Conspiracy

Post by S4P Thu May 07, 2009 11:30 pm

You're talking about quantity, not about the quality of the mistakes:

* I'm sure we had a couple of offside calls in the 1st leg that were marginal. I could be wrong, so don't hold it against me, but I'm sure Malouda had one when through.

* Henry penalty - Back to goal, shirt pull and tripped. Penalty yes. But Drogba v Abidal was a 1v1 with the keeper, shirt pull & a trip, which you've failed to include.

* Ballack 2nd yellow (1st leg) - Honestly can't remember this incident (unless you're referring to the penalty?), but I'll take your word for it.

* Abidal sending off - Not a red imo (not even a FK), but I would've preferred a pen & a red card for Abidal in the 1st half anyway, so he shouldn't even have been on the pitch by this stage.

* Ballack sending off (2nd leg) - Definite red, but the game was over by this stage. The ref had screwed up enough times and knew what was facing him at full time.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

CL Special: There Is No Barcelona-Chelsea Conspiracy - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Special: There Is No Barcelona-Chelsea Conspiracy

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu May 07, 2009 11:32 pm

s4p has such a selective memory

When will he stop crying?
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 am

Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:The Elitist tag is a dig at the likes of Six for EPL teams tactics employed against the Spanish sides.

La Liga fans are attacking Elitists

The EPL fans are defensive elitists, hence so many of the EPL fans couldn't take the 6-2 at the Bernabau seriously because of the state of Madrid's defence.

Defending Ale

Teamwork <Ale>
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Fri May 08, 2009 11:39 am

All this conspiracy theory talk is just rubbish - the english media has become even worse than the italian in this matter... most of these appeals were 50-50 penalty calls, you cannot EXPECT the ref to give them!! Barca had a few decisions against them too, and a wrongful sending off is far worse than a penalty shout turned down.

Its strange how its a conspiracy when a few decisions go against an English team.... but when Inter got 2 dodgy red cards against liverpool, it was all about how Liverpool "deserved" to win Doh

The refs make a few mistakes, and sometimes it decides important games... get over it.
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Fri May 08, 2009 11:48 am

Most of the English media is saying Chelsea are completely wrong in this and that they behaved disgracefully. Except maybe the tabloids, but you can never take them seriously.

Liverpool did deserve to go through btw. Those red cards were not as dodgy as posters on here make them out to be. Sort of sending offs that happen with fussy refs all the time.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 08, 2009 11:51 am

Six wrote:
    Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:The Elitist tag is a dig at the likes of Six for EPL teams tactics employed against the Spanish sides.

The EPL fans are defensive elitists, hence so many of the EPL fans couldn't take the 6-2 at the Bernabau seriously because of the state of Madrid's defence.

Defending Ale

Teamwork <Ale>

Ale
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 08, 2009 11:56 am

Six wrote:Most of the English media is saying Chelsea are completely wrong in this and that they behaved disgracefully. Except maybe the tabloids, but you can never take them seriously.

Liverpool did deserve to go through btw. Those red cards were not as dodgy as posters on here make them out to be. Sort of sending offs that happen with fussy refs all the time.

The Matterazzi ones were 2 50/50's where he got booked for the only 2 fouls he made based on reputation - the sort of which Drogba would get crucified for if that was him collapsing to the floor instead of Torres.

The Burdisso one in the 2nd leg was an absolute joke.

I actually do believe in some of the conspiracy, not because Platini or UEFA are anti-English, but because Barca vs. Man Utd (i.e. Ronaldo vs. Messi) is the biggest money spinner.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri May 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Dragões azuis e brancos™️ wrote:
    Six wrote:Most of the English media is saying Chelsea are completely wrong in this and that they behaved disgracefully. Except maybe the tabloids, but you can never take them seriously.

The Matterazzi ones were 2 50/50's where he got booked for the only 2 fouls he made based on reputation - the sort of which Drogba would get crucified for if that was him collapsing to the floor instead of Torres.

The Burdisso one in the 2nd leg was an absolute joke.

I actually do believe in some of the conspiracy, not because Platini or UEFA are anti-English, but because Barca vs. Man Utd (i.e. Ronaldo vs. Messi) is the biggest money spinner.
    Agree with what you are saying allthough I don't know about the Barca vs Man utd thing. I think the more reasonable explaination would be that Laporta since he was elected in 2003 has spent considerable amounts of money making a network of european refs in the same way Moggi did for Juventus in Italy.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Fri May 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Defending Ale

lol! lol! lol! When Seria A was the strongest league in the world you (and by you I mean english fans) that they are too defensive and that in the EPL there are more goals and more attacking teams.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Cirque du Barcelona wrote:

Defending Ale

lol! lol! lol! When Seria A was the strongest league in the world you (and by you I mean english fans) that they are too defensive and that in the EPL there are more goals and more attacking teams.

Not me personally, I was always a big fan of Serie A, I started watching it before I started regularly watching the EPL. I was glad when the EPL started improving and combining the more intelligent aspects of Serie A with the strongest points of the EPL.

All tongue in cheek jokes anyway, people will always support the overall style of their favourite league Razz
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 08, 2009 2:03 pm

bluenine wrote:All this conspiracy theory talk is just rubbish - the english media has become even worse than the italian in this matter... most of these appeals were 50-50 penalty calls, you cannot EXPECT the ref to give them!! Barca had a few decisions against them too, and a wrongful sending off is far worse than a penalty shout turned down.

Its strange how its a conspiracy when a few decisions go against an English team.... but when Inter got 2 dodgy red cards against liverpool, it was all about how Liverpool "deserved" to win Doh

The refs make a few mistakes, and sometimes it decides important games... get over it.

Every paper and website I've read has criticised Chelsea to the heavens for their behaviour at the end of the game. The Metro this morning had an article saying it was Chelsea who were the disgrace, not the ref.

I believe it was a few ex Chelsea "pundits" on Sky Sports and Setanta who crowed about "corruption".

Think about it Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Here is the article:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Final_Third:_The_day_Didier_cried_wolf&in_article_id=652302&in_page_id=43&in_a_source=
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 08, 2009 2:10 pm

And another:

http://dailydanny.metro.co.uk/

In other words, "conspiracy" was first shouted by a few outraged Chelsea players, fans and ex players during the first few emotional hours after the game,

but clearly now that the dust has settle common sense is prevailing.

But I'm sure the foreign media are doing as great a job as anyone perpetuating this belief that everyone in England is moaning this was an unjust result, when the truth is it's not the case at all.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm

@ bluenine

Drogba & Ballack disgraced themselves (especially the latter) and both will rightly get heavy fines & bans. But there is no way that 3 of those penalty shouts were 50/50 calls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:34 pm