Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+52
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
Romford Pele
QOTSA
Kroos
Cheb Hamouda
d gorgeous one haz spoken
Luis
ArthurFriedenreich
TM
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
The Vermonster
Jaime
gone
L r dd
Matt_AFC
Dejan Savićević
shazlx
Lusitan
DeLux
stinger
Chocolate Thunder
Sheffield gunner
Sgoater1
chrissicross
Tweesus
TrentLupo
Axeslammer
Red n' Black
fcb
Pierre Littbarski
Pirlo
COTR
Six
Ricardo Jol
Di Caniooooo!
DD
Calidad
Rosicky
Cesc Soler
Puro
Black Magic
Formerly known as sheva7
Murray
OrangeSky
Lordanger
BoBo Vieri 32
abundance
Tarun
Pras_tama
Super Progress
bluenine
56 posters

Calcio Mercato 2010-11

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Calcio Mercato 2010-11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Calcio Mercato 2010-11

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Injured Milan XI (3-5-1-1):

Amelia
    Abate - Nesta - Zambrotta
    Gattuso - Ambrosini - Pirlo - Strasser - Boateng
    Seedorf
    Inzaghi
    For Inter, Cesar & Milito have only just returned to fitness, but we still field almost an entire team of injured players:
    Cordoba - Lucio - Samuel
    Cambiasso - Stankovic - Mariga - Obiora
    Sneijder - Suazo

But this is still a better situation that it was a coupla months ago.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 am

Agree with you that 18Mn is steep for a player like Matri. I think that Juve have the right to buy him but not the obligation, at the end of the season. With all these loan deals that Marotta is cutting, I think the idea is to see where we are in the standings at the season's end & then take or decline options on players depending on the requirements at that moment. If by any chance we do end up in top 4, I bet we will have a sizable war chest to go shopping.

It sure is a gamble. Hope Marotta & Agnelli are doing the right thing

bluenine wrote:
    Tarun wrote:Dominguez to Juve might not happen now that Matri has arrived on loan. Dominguez, though a good player, is not our immediate need. But Matri does fit the bill
    It didn't happen. I agree, Matri is the type of player you need, with Toni & Iaq injured and Amauri gone. 18m + Ariaudo is still too much for him tho, considering we got Pazzini for 12m + Biabiany.

The problem Juve will soon face is when they starting building a squad that can win the scudetto, they will not have enough funds due to this huge historic amortisation cost they have build up.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am

bluenine wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    Axeslammer wrote:Talk over here is that Matavz has signed for Napoli for around 8M, but he'll finish the season at Groningen and join them in the summer.
    Napoli are slowly but steadly building towards a CL playing squad.... they so remind me of Fiorentina a couple of years ago.

Any news on young Luc "Skywalker" Castiagnos? (yeah, at Inter we give nicknames even before a player joins us... Nagatomo is "il Samurai" )

The clubs have reached a fee (3-4M), he'll join you in the summer if you reach an agreement with the player.

3-4M ?!

Incredible deal for Feyenoord : the lad is crap Calcio Mercato 2010-11 - Page 30 F_ale2
    Is he that bad? ouch. I have no clue, looks like another Arnautovic-ish deal then. Branca is allowed to waste a few million on a kid after he did so well this winter....

No he is not, after van Wolfswinkel he is the biggest Dutch striker talent. The fact he looks crap atm is that he is playing for the worst team ever! Yet he still has 6 in 18 in his first season.

Way too early to leave though, have a very RVP-esque feel about it, though the end result will be Drenthe-esque cause I cant recall a single talent that actually ever made it at Inter Milaan.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 am

Juve have paid 2.5m plus Ariaudo for the 6 month loan of Matri, with a 15.5m option to buy him in the summer. Thats a bit too much for a player who scores 10-12 goals a season. I do agree with you, Juve will probably not exercise this option. Coz this summer, Juve already need to shell out about 30-40m to retain Quagliarella and Aquilani - two of your 3 successful signings this season. Plus there is the permanent option on Pepe, another one I believe Juve should ignore.

If Juve don't make the top 4, it will spell disaster. The trouble is, Juve's winter transfer campaign hardly demonstrated their desire to hit top 4 at any cost... the defensive gaps were ignored once again. I feel for ya, mate... It will be very difficult for Juve to finish above the likes of Roma, Napoli and Lazio this season, let alone Inter and Milan. I don't see it.
    Tarun wrote:Agree with you that 18Mn is steep for a player like Matri. I think that Juve have the right to buy him but not the obligation, at the end of the season. With all these loan deals that Marotta is cutting, I think the idea is to see where we are in the standings at the season's end & then take or decline options on players depending on the requirements at that moment. If by any chance we do end up in top 4, I bet we will have a sizable war chest to go shopping.

It sure is a gamble. Hope Marotta & Agnelli are doing the right thing

bluenine wrote:
    Tarun wrote:Dominguez to Juve might not happen now that Matri has arrived on loan. Dominguez, though a good player, is not our immediate need. But Matri does fit the bill
    It didn't happen. I agree, Matri is the type of player you need, with Toni & Iaq injured and Amauri gone. 18m + Ariaudo is still too much for him tho, considering we got Pazzini for 12m + Biabiany.

The problem Juve will soon face is when they starting building a squad that can win the scudetto, they will not have enough funds due to this huge historic amortisation cost they have build up.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 am

Apparently Inter have sold half of Obi and Obiorah to Parma, with Obiorah moving to Parma. Also, Inter have bought half of Andreolli's contract, the former Inter youth product.
    Also, Inter have sold half of Destro to Genoa, to get a discount on the Ranocchia price - good idea.

I am ok with the rest, not happy about giving away half of Obi... he is going to make it big, IMO he will become better than his brother at Chelsea.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 pm

2010-11 Winter Calciomercato Analysis

Milan
    IN: Cassano (5m), Emanuelson (~3m), Van Bommel (-), Didac (4m), Legrotaglie (1m)
    OUT: Ronaldinho (-), Onyewu (L, -), Aubameyang (-),
    Net Transfer Spend: 13-0 = 13m
    Net Wages Impact: Negligible
    Analysis: Milan got cover for their key fullback gap (Didac, Emaneulson), an excellent, cheap replacement for Dinho (Cassano), and excellent short term cover for midfeild (Van Bommel). Cover for CB (Legrotaglie for Onyewu) is questionable. All key gaps covered economically.
    Rating: 8/10

Inter
    IN: Ranocchia (12.5m), Pazzini (19m), Kharja (L, -), Nagatomo (L, -)
    OUT: Mancini (-), Muntari (L, -), Biabiany (7m), Santon (L, -), Rivas (L, -), Destro (Co-own, 5m)
    Net Transfer Spend: 31.5 - 12 = 19.5m
    Analysis: Key gap in defence with Samuel's injury covered well (Ranocchia), key reinforcement in atttack which was needed (Pazzini), age old left back problem (Nagatomo) and better on the ball replacement for Muntari (Kharja). All key gaps covered, 3 younger long term players bought, deadweight cleared... money spent well.
    Rating: 8/10

Juve
    IN: Toni (L, -), Barzagli (0.5m), Matri (L, 2.5m)
    OUT: Lanzafame (L, -), Legrotaglie (1m), Amauri (L,-), Ariaudo (-),
    Net Transfer Spend: 3 - 1 = 2m
    Analysis: Striker shortage due to injuries sorted (Matri, Toni), Barzagli for Legrotaglie is a slight improvement in CB bench. Full back issues ignored, which may cost them a CL spot.
    Rating: 4/10

Some other clubs:

Roma
    IN:
    OUT: Baptista, Okaka (L), Antunes (L), Cicinho
    Analysis: Financial problems always meant focus on finalising investors, however some money saved without compromising the quality of the squad.
    Rating: 5/10

Napoli
    IN: Fernandez, Ruiz, Mascara
    OUT: Datolo,
    Analysis: Excellent cover for Lavezzi bought (Mascara), promising CB bought to cover injury gap (Ruiz), decent overall squad improvement.
    Rating: 7/10

Genoa
    IN: Paloschi (C), Kucka, Antonelli, Pele, Jelenic, Hallenius, Judilson, Ze Eduardo, Boselli (L), Konko, Floro Flores
    OUT: Ranocchia, Palladino (C), Modesto, Tomovic (L), Toni (L), Rudolf (L), Sculli, Kharja
    Analysis: Usual crazy mercato - again the most active club, too many new players bought, some reasonable talent (Kucka, Konko), however this kind of unnecessary churn will hurt in the short term.
    Rating: 4/10

Lazio
    IN: Sculli,
    OUT: Cavanda
    Analysis: A decent back up striker bought (Sculli) to cover for injuries in the short term. Failed to net a fullback.
    Rating: 5/10

Sampdoria
    IN: Macheda (L), Icardi, Laczko, Maccarone, Martinez, Biabiany
    OUT: Cassano, Sammarco (L), Fiorillo (L), Forestieri (L), Marilungo, Fornaroli (L), Accardi, Pazzini
    Analysis: Key players allowed to leave cheaply (Pazzini, Cassano), novices bought in return. Poor transfer campaign by Sampdoria, complete lack of ambition, freefall expected.
    Rating: 1/10

Palermo
    IN: Andelkovic, Kurtic, Pablo Gonzalez, Milanovic, Labrin, Paolucci
    OUT: Glik (L), Maccarone, Labrin (L), Joao Pedro,

Analysis: The usual less known talent acquired, some interesting buys for the future and build up bench strength. No major changes.
    Rating: 6/10

Cesena
    IN: Dellafiore, Sammarco, Santon (L), Felipe (L), Rosina
    OUT: Nagatomo, Schelotto
    Analysis: Lost some key players. Good business done by buying and selling Nagatomo (profit to be realised in summer), replaced by Santon. Lost a key player in Schelotto, but replaced very well by the coup of Rosina. Increased firstteam quality by additions of Felipe and Sammarco.
    Rating: 7/10

Last edited by bluenine on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Legrottaglie is more cover for Ambrosini since T. Silva will be used in midfield, we needed a CB.

I think Inter deserve an 8.5. Pazzini and Ranocchia are exceptional buys. The former is as good a buy as Cassano because it addressed Inter's needs. The latter is better buy than Vila.

Nagatomo is another key addition.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Legrottaglie is more cover for Ambrosini since T. Silva will be used in midfield, we needed a CB.

I think Inter deserve an 8.5. Pazzini and Ranocchia are exceptional buys. The former is as good a buy as Cassano because it addressed Inter's needs. The latter is better buy than Vila.

Nagatomo is another key addition.
    Quality wise, I agree Inter edged it, overall. I gave Milan the same rating coz you guys managed it with less money. Inter got caught between The Wall and a hard place on Ranocchia's transfer negotiations... Wink

Look at the bright side, Rafa got his 4 signings Laughing
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Javier Pastore: Real Madrid Or Barcelona? I Would Prefer Juventus
    Pastore of Palermo admits Juventus appeal

Palermo ace Javier Pastore has forecast his future and said he would rather join Juventus over Real Madrid and Barcelona because of the limited chances on offer in Spain.

The 21-year-old's future has come to the fore again, and while he intends to remain at Palermo, Pastore knows he will have to make difficult decisions when it comes to the inevitable. He believes he would face a grim scenario at Madrid and Barcelona to pitch for on-field action.

"Everyone knows I have a contract until 2015 and the one who is in charge is Maurizio Zamparini," Pastore told Tuttosport.

"But if there are the right conditions to leave then I will be ready to.

"Of course I would like a team where I would have lots of chances to play. At Real Madrid or Barcelona I would earn plenty of money, but I would not be guaranteed a starting place.

"Juventus? Why not... My family are originally from Volvera, a small town near Turin. A lot of us originate from Piedmont."

Juventus take on Inter at the weekend, and Pastore admits he wants the Old Lady to win.

"I have many friends at Inter, but I wouldn't mind if Juventus win," he said.
    Are you listning Marotta?
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
    Javier Pastore: Real Madrid Or Barcelona? I Would Prefer Juventus
    Pastore of Palermo admits Juventus appeal

Palermo ace Javier Pastore has forecast his future and said he would rather join Juventus over Real Madrid and Barcelona because of the limited chances on offer in Spain.

The 21-year-old's future has come to the fore again, and while he intends to remain at Palermo, Pastore knows he will have to make difficult decisions when it comes to the inevitable. He believes he would face a grim scenario at Madrid and Barcelona to pitch for on-field action.

"Everyone knows I have a contract until 2015 and the one who is in charge is Maurizio Zamparini," Pastore told Tuttosport.

"But if there are the right conditions to leave then I will be ready to.

"Of course I would like a team where I would have lots of chances to play. At Real Madrid or Barcelona I would earn plenty of money, but I would not be guaranteed a starting place.

"Juventus? Why not... My family are originally from Volvera, a small town near Turin. A lot of us originate from Piedmont."

Juventus take on Inter at the weekend, and Pastore admits he wants the Old Lady to win.

"I have many friends at Inter, but I wouldn't mind if Juventus win," he said.
    Are you listning Marotta?
    If DelNeri won't show any flexibility regarding tactics, he will be as needed as Diego, who was sold mostly because he wouldn't fit in 4-4-2 preferred by their current coach.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Del Neri has NEVER shown any tactical flexibility. He's one of the most overrated managers in the Italian game, goodness knows why they hired him, Juve are so badly run at the moment.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

Post by Tarun Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Don't agree with you! Does it mean that a coach should necessarily change formations in the middle of the season to be called tactically smart? The squad was built with a 4-4-2 in mind and it has worked for us. Juve's slump cannot be attributed to Del Neri's tactics but it is well known that it is because of a spate of injuries and lack of quality players in certain positions.

Well its true that he prefers to use the more flat 4-4-2 in order to exploit the wings but he has adapted the 4-4-2 in a manner that shifts according to the game and the numerous injuries to the players at his disposal. For example Marchisio plays on the left wing but drops inside into the midfield like a mezz’ala when tracking back. As Bonucci is a better passer of long balls forward he usually forays forward into the attack while Melo drops back into a 3 man defense when the ball is in the opponents half. And in the last game against Cagliari he did shift to a 4-3-1-2 to adjust for a jaded Krasic and Martinez and it paid well with 2 goals coming immediately

Huh...just because Milan is in pole position to take the title this year you can easily say that Juve is so badly run. I remember how you guys used to curse Galliani just the last season Smile

Pirlo wrote:Del Neri has NEVER shown any tactical flexibility. He's one of the most overrated managers in the Italian game, goodness knows why they hired him, Juve are so badly run at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:36 am