Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
S4P
Jaime
debaser
Fey
110%
The Easter Bunny
worms.
Puro
Brian2468
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
forza_rossi
Hlebagone
Xavier
Tarun
Cheb Hamouda
Kroos
Fade out
Chocolate Thunder
Deluded F*ck™
Six
Allez les rouges
Pras_tama
Ricardo Jol
Di Caniooooo!
shazlx
Lordanger
Calidad
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
stinger
Super Progress
fcb
COTR
Black Magic
blutgraetsche
L r dd
Murray
OP9
TrentLupo
abundance
SuperMario
ArthurFriedenreich
BoBo Vieri 32
bluenine
Pierre Littbarski
Pirlo
50 posters

AZZURI D'ITALIA

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

AZZURI D'ITALIA  - Page 17 Empty Re: AZZURI D'ITALIA

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Managing a club and an international side are two different things, with different challenges. Just because you were successful on the club level it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be successful on the international level, too. You have less time with the team, need to focus on different things and invest a lot more time in planning and preparation.

Capello's reputation has clearly suffered, no matter his successes on the club level. Earning a ton of money for more or less nothing doesn't look good at all. Look at Van Gaal, for instance - very successful on the club level, a terrible first stint on the international level, but now he totally redeemed himself with Holland. And he's the new manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Capello will not manage a big club again.

What you say is true. Just to add, i think Lippi/Trap/Capello's tactical ideas and methodologies are perhaps a bit outdated now.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am

Italian Football Federation vice-chief Carlo Tavecchio in racism row

• Tavecchio refers to African players as ‘banana eaters’
    • Remains favourite to become next Italian football president

Carlo Tavecchio, the favourite to become the next Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president, has been caught up in a racism row after referring to African players as “banana eaters”.

The influx of foreign players into Italy has been a hot topic since the national team crashed out of the World Cup in the group stage and the 71-year-old Tavecchio suggested Italy should replicate England’s stringent requirements for non-EU players.

“In England, they identify the players coming in and, if they are professional, they are allowed to play,” Tavecchio said at the summer assembly of Italy’s amateur leagues (LND).

“Here instead we get Opti Pobà, who previously ate bananas and then suddenly becomes a first-team player with Lazio. That’s how it is here. In England, you need to demonstrate what you have on your CV and your pedigree.”

Questioned by reporters about the comments afterwards, Tavecchio claimed that he could not remember what he had said in his own speech.

“I can’t remember if I said the word ‘banana’ but I was referring to the CV and professionalism required by English football for players who come from Africa or other countries,” he said. “If anyone has interpreted my speech as offensive, I offer my apologies.”

Tavecchio, who is head of the LND, faced serious criticism in Italy after the remarks, with the centre-left Democratic party coming out strongest following a wave of negative reaction from fans on social media.

“Tavecchio would do well to remember that words, especially when said by people who have important roles in institutions, have both weight and consequences,” said Cécile Kyenge, a Congo-born European MP and Italy’s former minister of integration.

“It’s sad, it seems as though he lost the sense of what he wanted to say, his ability to analyse what he was saying and the effect of what certain phrases can have on others,” she added. “Those in positions of power should remember their role of educator and pay attention to what they’re saying.”

Others from her party also weighed in on Tavecchio, with MP Davide Faraone saying that he couldn’t guide the FIGC in light of the increasingly severe measures dished out to fans for racist abuse, which is still a problem in Italian stadiums.

Last season several clubs had the areas where the hardcore “ultra” fans stand closed following racist chanting, with repeat offenders being forced to play matches behind closed doors.

“Tavecchio cannot be FIGC president,” said Faraone. “Curvas and entire stadiums have been closed for similar words. He wouldn’t have any credibility.”

President of the Italian Footballers’ Association (AIC) Damiano Tommasi also denounced Tavecchio, saying that he had received numerous complaints from incredulous players.

“I am disconcerted by Tavecchio’s comments on bananas and Opti Pobà. I don’t know whether to be even more shocked by the silence that surrounded them,” Tommasi told the Ansa news agency.

“I have received a number of phone calls of protest from Italian and foreign players who are just astounded by this.”

Tavecchio is expected to beat the former AC Milan and Italy midfielder Demetrio Albertini to the top job in the 11 Aug vote. The pair are both currently the vice-presidents of the FIGC.

The battle for control of Italian soccer’s governing body comes after the resignation of the former president Giancarlo Abete, who stepped down immediately after Italy’s embarrassing early exit from the World Cup.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/27/italian-football-racism-row
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 am

So Conte it is then...

Former Juventus manager Antonio Conte confirmed as Italy’s new coach

• 45-year-old to replace Cesare Prandelli as Azzurri boss
    • Conte won three successive Serie A titles with Juventus

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/14/antonio-conte-italy-new-manager

Thoughts?

P.S.: Shame about the racist president. I wonder what Balotelli thinks about that, if he actually thinks that is...
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:10 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Thoughts?
    With those two we are in for some hilarious press conferences.
    Shame the best bit will be lost in translation.

Conte is good obviously. Great drive and dedication.
    Not a true mastermind but still miles and miles better than Prandelli and the other possible candidates as a coach and tactician.
    His juventino-to-the-soul mark will create some seriously amusing debate but that's always mostly a media and fans thing, not a real problem among players.
    Btw, I've got a vague feeling that some among his former players will end up disappointed by the special regard they (won't) get from Conte.
    Media say he's asking a lot of powers, control and oversee on the whole under/senior teams activities, which is good and it's the closest thing to a "plan" for a federal reorg and realignment that you could expect here (as the FIGC won't do shit on his own as usual).
    He's got a huge salary (4m) which will be paid for 50% by Puma sponsor, which again will predictably create some fun media speculations.

Tavecchio is bad obviously.
    Only consolation is that he was running against His Nothingness (old boy Albertini) so we didn't actually miss on any true chance of reform.
    Tavecchio symbolizes all what's wrong with italian institutions and managers.

I mean, you guys in Germany had some not-so-good years in '98-'02, and your reaction was to embark in a massive and ambitious and technical reform project.
    Here we go out in WC group stages two times in a row, we are in the deepest talent crisis since the '50s, and all we can do is elect a 71 yo guy with a stale mentality, who can just babble about "too many foreigners in pro clubs", just because he's ok for some big clubs and has no vetoes from some others.

He's not even really racist (as in, supporting discrimination or racial ideologies), it's just that his sensibilities are stuck in a world of 50 years ago and he's not even self-aware of that. He's such a time-bomb for our federation's relationships with world football and media...

Of course the fact that someone giving a speech like his is still able to get elected down here signals the level our society's unconfessed racism.
    Just as the fact that he just can't communicate decently and he's got sentenced 5 times for fiscal frauds signals our indifference for the formal and ethic rules of management.

blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:14 pm

I think Conte will do Italian football a lot of good. From what I've read so far, he intends to modernise the structures and asks for a lot of power to do so, which could be a good thing. Plus, he is a winner and a builder, he rebuilt Juventus who were pretty pants before he joined and won three consecutive Scudetti with them.

But like everything, this is a team effort. Everyone has to pull in the same direction, the Italian FA, the league and Conte and his team. Tavecchio will probably try to remain behind the scenes now after the scandalous appointment, he'll likely let Conte and his staff do what they deem necessary and not get in their way, so he can boost his own reputation as the new president who appointed him. The league however is a different matter. I get the impression that the frictions between the clubs are real and deep, so it remains to be seen if they'll fully cooperate with "Juve man" Conte in the coming years and embrace his ideas.

Either way, I think it's obvious that change is necessary in Italy and change is what Conte will bring. Euro 2016 qualifications should be a walk in the park so he'll have a lot of time to implement his ideas and experiment. So even if the results aren't great at first, there is no danger of him coming under pressure.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Conte knew their WC squad was lacking something....Pelle!!!

HHH, received a call to arms; though im sure it only happened because he is in the Epl now. Next game is vs Holland...Pelle vs de Vrij Blush
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Balotelli has been dropped

Buffon (Juventus), Padelli (Torino), Perin (Genoa), Sirigu (PSG);
    Astori (Roma), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Paletta (Parma), Ranocchia (Inter);
    Candreva (Lazio), Darmian (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), De Sciglio (Milan), Florenzi (Roma), Giaccherini (Sunderland), Maggio (Napoli), Marchisio (Juventus), Parolo (Lazio), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Poli (Milan), Verratti (PSG);
    Destro (Roma), El Shaarawy (Milan), Giovinco (Juventus), Immobile (Borussia Dortmund), Osvaldo (Inter), Zaza (Sassuolo)
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:46 pm

HHH is with the squad!!! He didnt even get dropped this time.

He should have been there at the WC already, but still, its a start.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Fey wrote:HHH is with the squad!!! He didnt even get dropped this time.

He should have been there at the WC already, but still, its a start.

This is Pelle's time to shine. I hope he gets a goal or two.

Italy Squad:

GK: Buffon, Perin, Sirigu
    D: Bonucci, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Ranocchia, Rugani
    M: Aquilani, Bonaventura, Candreva, Darmian, De Sciglio, Florenzi, Marchisio, Parolo, Pasqual, Poli, Thiago Motta, Verratti
    F: Destro, Giovinco, Immobile, Osvaldo, Pellé, Zaza

Pelle faces tough competition for his spot. Immobile is the front runner for the CF spot, and Osvaldo has been on fire as well scoring 6 goals for Inter already this season. Zaza will probably start in the support strikers position, though Conte should try Osvaldo in that role.

Overall, a decent squad by Conte. Bonaventura's injury means Pirlo is back into the mix.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:13 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:Italy were good, especially tactically. Smart and "efficient" in the sauna of Manaus, not wasting energy and being more intelligent in their game approach. It wasn't a vintage game though, far from it, the stats don't tell the whole story. They didn't create many clear cut chances, their defence looked suspicious numerous times. However, their truly strong midfield made the difference and kept England at bay for most of the match.

You can't really expect champagne football under those conditions though. Plus, it's important to peak at the right time. All things considered, Italy started well.

As I wrote earlier, I can see them going far in this tournament because they are one of the few teams that are tactically flexible, can change formations and even the philosophy "seamlessly" during a match. Plus, they are able to change the tempo, they are not a "one pace" team like Chile is, for example. All these factors are important in Brazil.

The difference between the 2 teams was finishing, Italy looked just as vulnerable as England defensively and could easily have lost the match. All this talk of them "always finding a way" is annoying me.

I thought Italy looked even more vulnerable in defense than England. Paletta was woeful, and Chiellini as LB was a walking disaster. Only Darmian came out of that game looking good, and most of his good work was in building attacks rather than defending. Italy has Sirigu to thank for in keeping that scoreline.

Like blut said, Italy outsmarted England tactically - specially in keeping the fullbacks in check. England would have had Italy on the ropes if their fullbacks had exploited width in attack. Anyways, these are early days yet... after the first games, I do expect both Italy and England to make it through this group.

The oracle. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 am