Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
S4P
Jaime
debaser
Fey
110%
The Easter Bunny
worms.
Puro
Brian2468
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
forza_rossi
Hlebagone
Xavier
Tarun
Cheb Hamouda
Kroos
Fade out
Chocolate Thunder
Deluded F*ck™
Six
Allez les rouges
Pras_tama
Ricardo Jol
Di Caniooooo!
shazlx
Lordanger
Calidad
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
stinger
Super Progress
fcb
COTR
Black Magic
blutgraetsche
L r dd
Murray
OP9
TrentLupo
abundance
SuperMario
ArthurFriedenreich
BoBo Vieri 32
bluenine
Pierre Littbarski
Pirlo
50 posters

AZZURI D'ITALIA

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

AZZURI D'ITALIA  - Page 16 Empty Re: AZZURI D'ITALIA

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:17 pm

bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:The difference between the 2 teams was finishing, Italy looked just as vulnerable as England defensively and could easily have lost the match. All this talk of them "always finding a way" is annoying me.

It was more cleverness and inspiration in build-up. With a tad more of it on transitions, you wouldn't have needed any finishing effort to bomb a couple more past us,  like you did on the equalizer.

It's depressing because I really like the way we play this year but I'm scared shitless by our defence rooster.
    We'll spend our whole world cup just one injury or suspension away from fielding a Serie B level backline.

Prandelli is infuriating, I really like his ideas and playstyle in general but man he just makes dumb mistakes in selection.
    He can't pick, he can't field, he can't sub. Scary.

Even tho, to give credit where is due, with Candreva and Darmian at least he's being proven right so far.

Yup, fair play to him. I would have had Candreva on the bench, and left Darmian back home in Italy if it were up to me.

That said, it is annoying to see Italy have no back up for De Sciglio which is criminal considering he is just a kid. What does Aquilani add to the squad, really? A complete waste of a spot.

You would have left Candreva on the bench? Interesting. He would always start for me.

Darmian, I agree. That is to Prandelli's credit.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:The difference between the 2 teams was finishing, Italy looked just as vulnerable as England defensively and could easily have lost the match. All this talk of them "always finding a way" is annoying me.

It was more cleverness and inspiration in build-up. With a tad more of it on transitions, you wouldn't have needed any finishing effort to bomb a couple more past us,  like you did on the equalizer.

It's depressing because I really like the way we play this year but I'm scared shitless by our defence rooster.
    We'll spend our whole world cup just one injury or suspension away from fielding a Serie B level backline.

Prandelli is infuriating, I really like his ideas and playstyle in general but man he just makes dumb mistakes in selection.

Even tho, to give credit where is due, with Candreva and Darmian at least he's being proven right so far.

Yup, fair play to him. I would have had Candreva on the bench, and left Darmian back home in Italy if it were up to me.

That said, it is annoying to see Italy have no back up for De Sciglio which is criminal considering he is just a kid. What does Aquilani add to the squad, really? A complete waste of a spot.

You would have left Candreva on the bench? Interesting.  He would always start for me.

Darmian, I agree.  That is to Prandelli's credit.

I would have left Candreva on the bench too, and gone for a flair player like Cerci or Insigne. Whilst Candreva is not creative, his movement was smart and created alot of space for Darmian, plus he provided defensive cover for Darmian.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm

bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:

I had given Prandelli the benefit of doubt in selecting Paletta over Ranocchia, but that one backfired spectacularly. The frog may be inconsistent, but Paletta was woeful.

About De Sciglio, he has been quite injury prone for Milan this season, so it was a big risk to not bring a backup. Criscito or Pasqual would have been fine, and they would have offered much more attacking threat down the left. Agree about Aquilani - he is useless these days.

Paletta hasn't been the same since his injury in March. However, i felt his season was a bit overrated. Lucarelli was better than him, but Prandelli won't introduce such an old player to the squad. Agree that Ranocchia or even Astori would have been more reliable.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 pm

abundance wrote:

The first choice backline (Darmian, Chiellini, Barzagli, De Sciglio) is fine, but if one of those get injured, it means Paletta or Abate or Bonucci come in, all of whom have looked very bad recently.

But who knows, we always used to be scared that Cannavaro or Nesta would get injured, because it would mean Materazzi would replace them.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:54 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:

You would have left Candreva on the bench? Interesting.  He would always start for me.

I would have left Candreva on the bench too, and gone for a flair player like Cerci or Insigne. Whilst Candreva is not creative, his movement was smart and created alot of space for Darmian, plus he provided defensive cover for Darmian.

Agree...tactically, not technically, Candreva is great.

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

But who knows, we always used to be scared that Cannavaro or Nesta would get injured, because it would mean Materazzi would replace them.

That 2002 game against Croatia Sad...
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:21 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    bluenine wrote:
    abundance wrote:

Agree...tactically, not technically, Candreva is great.

Tactically it was a good move, like I said. But personally, I would play with at least one creative player behind the striker (Insigne, Cerci or Cassano). Specially against weaker teams who will defend in numbers. Lets see what Prandelli does against Costa Rica.

Prandelli recently mentioned that he would like to win the world cup with 7 different tactical variations in 7 games... that is encouraging, tactical flexibility is Italy's biggest strength.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:47 am

Yet another game up north in the heat+humidity, and again in the middle of the afternoon (5pm UK time). Italy cannot catch a break. Plus De Rossi is injured when Italy most need him. I fear the worst, Uruguay will sneak a win here.

Not a good tournament for the Azzurri. They did drop the ball (very badly) against Costa Rica, so its fully deserved as well. Damn Italy and their damn 2nd game syndrome.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Glad De Rossi is not playing, he's a talentless hack.

Looks like Prandelli will go 3-5-2 with Pirlo, Verratti, Marchisio in midfield and Balotelli, Immoible upfront.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Makes sense against 2 strikers of Uruguay.

Balo-Immobile I'm less sure of because Uruguay's defence can handle crosses and Balo would have to be the more roaming of those two which he can do but these days he just seems lazy and not up for doing much. Would prefer Insigne or Cassano to help double up on the left flank and create chances by cutting in and finding the fullback, combos with Balo/Pirlo/Veratti /Marchiso or shooting.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Super Progress wrote:Makes sense against 2 strikers of Uruguay.

Balo-Immobile I'm less sure of because Uruguay's defence can handle crosses and Balo would have to be the more roaming of those two which he can do but these days he just seems lazy and not up for doing much. Would prefer Insigne or Cassano to help double up on the left flank and create chances by cutting in and finding the fullback, combos with Balo/Pirlo/Veratti /Marchiso or shooting.

Yeh would rather see Cassano as one of the 2 upfront, cutting in from the left and slipping in through balls. Prandelli got his position wrong against CR (he's not an attacking midfielder).

Immobile over Balotelli please. The former is more clinical and has better movement. Balotelli has been out of form all year.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10245

Post by Murray Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:59 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Yeh would rather see Cassano as one of the 2 upfront, cutting in from the left and slipping in through balls. Prandelli got his position wrong against CR (he's not an attacking midfielder).

Immobile over Balotelli please. The former is more clinical and has better movement. Balotelli has been out of form all year.

Cassano was terrible against Costa Rica. Prandelli really should have taken Rossi, he could easily risk 1 player out of 23.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Murray wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Cassano was terrible against Costa Rica. Prandelli really should have taken Rossi, he could easily risk 1 player out of 23.

he was, but so was pretty much everyone except Pirlo. Agree about Rossi. He should have been picked over Aquilani or Motta.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Cassano should not be allowed anywhere near the park for that game. Italy needs hardworking warriors, maybe one lazy Balotelli can be an exception.

@SuperProgress, I think Immobile is more likely to get that roaming role rather than Balotelli. For one, like you pointed out, Balotelli is lazy. But also, the ironically named Immobile has great movement and a good work rate - he can create as well as score.

I am totally against  the 3 man defense for this game, mainly because Italy do not have the attacking wingbacks to implement that strategy. Di Sciglio and Darmian are promising FBs, but way too defense minded to be effective WBs. So this will end up becoming a 5-3-2, which can be self defeating as it could mean that the midfield gets overrun and strikers isolated. Any Inter fan can point this out, we have seen this day in day out for 18 months now.

I would prefer a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-3-2-1. Narrow with a lot of bodies in the midfield with good work rate. That is what is needed.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Allegri is the favourite to become the new CT pale 
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:38 pm

Who is the people's choice?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:04 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Who is the people's choice?

I think Ancelotti, but it's highly doubtful that he would leave Real Madrid for the national team job.

Out of the realistic options, Spalletti would be the people's choice because he plays attractive, attacking football. Fans definitely don't want to see a conservative coach like Mancini, Capello, Allegri or Zaccheroni take the job.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Who is the people's choice?

The options apparently are Mancini, Allegri, Spalletti, Guidolin, and Mazzarri.

As an Inter fan, I hope its Mazzarri. Inter will save some money, and can hire a good coach. But perhaps thats not best for Italy. Spalletti or Allegri are probably the best options, because I just don't see Mancio as the Azzurri coach yet.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Mazzarri would mean Aronica and Paolo Cannavaro in defence. Great!

bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Mazzarri would mean Aronica and Paolo Cannavaro in defence. Great!

Better Italy than Inter Razz

From what I hear, Mazzarri is currently stopping Inter's purchase of M'Vila and Mbia/Xhaka because he wants Behrami instead  Doh
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Surely it won't be Mazzari, he would just pick a load of old players.

Spalletti would be the best choice, what is exactly his situation with Zenit - has he agreed a pay off yet?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Cassano blames Buffon. "We won when you wern't on the team".
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 pm

hope someone pointed out to Cassano that the same is true for him. and he was very shit whenever he was on the pitch.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:53 am

Buffon: Conte to Italy seems 'dubious'

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon called Antonio Conte's departure from Juventus "a serious loss" but said he remains "dubious" that his former manager is ready to accept the vacant Italy job.

Conte stepped away from the Bianconeri because of a lack of investment in new players this summer, according to La Gazzetta.

Buffon had no explanation for the coach's move but suggested the departure will not greatly affect the squad's performance.

"We've lost a great coach but great players and a smart club remain in place,'' Buffon said. "Now we need to stay together even more and show what we're worth, disregarding Conte.''

The Italian national team's top job became available when Cesare Prandelli resigned following a poor World Cup in which the Azzurri failed to progress past the group stage.

But Buffon said he is not convinved the Conte, who won three successive Serie A titles with Juventus, is ready to take up a new challenge quite yet.

"Conte is a coach who would be well suited to any locker room in the world. People love him for his passion, his professionalism, his desire to win and his determination," Buffon told Sky Sport Italia.

"However, I heard his interview and when asked precisely about the Italy job, he seemed dubious. He appeared to be someone who wanted time for himself after such a decision."

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/1951471/gianluigi-buffon-doubts-anonio-conte-ready-to-take-italy-job
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 am

Capello: Put rubbish youth coaches in jail

The current Russia boss has hit out at trainers who focus heavily on teaching tactics to young players, rather than nurturing existing skill and talent

Former Real Madrid and Juventus boss Fabio Capello has suggested that rubbish youth coaches should be thrown in prison for their crimes against football.

The coach recently embarked on a poor World Cup campaign with Russia but held on to his job despite a group stage exit, which mirrored that of his Italian compatriots who were knocked out after defeats to Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Capello is furious that younger players in his homeland are being taught tactics, rather than nurturing talent, and suggested that the lack of substantial financial reward for youth coaches is hindering Italian youngsters.

"Youth teams should be a great breeding ground for players and to do this you have to teach more technical than tactical," he told gazzettaregionale.it.

"Because the speed at which the game is played today it requires impeccable technique. This was clearly shown at the World Cup.

"Sometimes I see coaches in children of 10 or 11 years old being taught tactics. I think these coaches should be put in jail, because you have to teach the children to improve their technique.

"But since it is much easier teach tactics... That's the real problem of the youth. I would say that it is essential to focus on youth coaches who have passion and pay the good ones well for what they produce.

"If they are not paid in the right way then they will seek other avenues, because in this sector usually do not pay much. I speak from personal experience, because I did six years of coaching the youth at Milan.

"Too many times we prefer the physical side of the game, not the technical one, we look for the speed and technical intelligence (aka tactics). Obviously these choices have not been successful."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2014/07/19/4970026/capello-put-rubbish-youth-coaches-in-jail?ICID=HP_TS_10

He has a point, but shouldn't he be more concerned with the awful display of Russia in this World Cup, after the awful display of England at the last one with him in charge? He has been the highest paid manager in both. I think some Russian politicians actually asked him to be thrown in jail for "being a thief".
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:44 pm

doubt he cares too much that some mugs willing to pay him 6m a year. he's just happy living off reputation and will no doubt be getting a nice tasty payoff from Russia soon
    Murray
    Murray

Post by Murray Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Capello ha ruined his reputation in the last few years. Before he became England manager, he was one of the top managers in the world, now everybody thinks he is a numpty.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Murray wrote:Capello ha ruined his reputation in the last few years. Before he became England manager, he was one of the top managers in the world, now everybody thinks he is a numpty.

doesn't really matter. maybe he'll struggle to get another cushty international job, but when he retires he'll be remembered as a successful club coach and these international failings will just be a footnote.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Managing a club and an international side are two different things, with different challenges. Just because you were successful on the club level it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be successful on the international level, too. You have less time with the team, need to focus on different things and invest a lot more time in planning and preparation.

Capello's reputation has clearly suffered, no matter his successes on the club level. Earning a ton of money for more or less nothing doesn't look good at all. Look at Van Gaal, for instance - very successful on the club level, a terrible first stint on the international level, but now he totally redeemed himself with Holland. And he's the new manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Capello will not manage a big club again.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Mario Balotelli lives in place ‘far from reality’, says Cesare Prandelli

• Former Italy coach hopes striker learns from World Cup
    • Cesare Prandelli: ‘Balotelli is fundamentally a good guy’

Cesare Prandelli has said he did not fall out with Mario Balotelli during the World Cup but has admitted that the Italy striker lives in a place that is “far from reality”.

Italy went out of the World Cup at the group stage despite beating England in their opening game and Prandelli resigned on the spot after their final group game, a 1-0 defeat to Uruguay.

The 56-year-old has since taken charge at Galatasaray but told Corriere della Sera that he will miss Italy and that the Milan forward will hopefully learn from the World Cup experience and become a better player.

“Balotelli is fundamentally a good guy. He is not a bad person,” Prandelli said. “But he lives in a place that is far away from reality. [In the end] That doesn’t mean anything. He is only 24 and has the possibility to build on this experience.”

Prandelli also said that he did not want to be seen as a victim after the criticism he received following Italy’s exit. “In the days since the tournament I have thought a lot,” he said. “And I kept returning to one thing. In a professional life there will always be highs and lows but these are highs and lows of a privilege. I was crudely attacked. Fair enough but I don’t want to be seen as a victim. I don’t have that right.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/21/mario-balotelli-cesare-prandelli-italy-world-cup
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:58 pm

debaser wrote:
    Murray wrote:Capello ha ruined his reputation in the last few years. Before he became England manager, he was one of the top managers in the world, now everybody thinks he is a numpty.

doesn't really matter. maybe he'll struggle to get another cushty international job, but when he retires he'll be remembered as a successful club coach and these international failings will just be a footnote.

Yes similar to Trapattoni.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:22 am