Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
TheCrazy58
bluenine
Antarion
Effenberg
Super Progress
Brian2468
Murray
EMP
TM
The Chosen Glenn
Cristiano
christmasborocooper
Luis
Sheffield gunner
Isco Benny
Hlebagone
Jaime
Fey
Kroos
23 posters

UEFA Champions League 2012/13 - Matchday 4

Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

UEFA Champions League 2012/13 - Matchday 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2012/13 - Matchday 4

Post by Super Progress Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am

EMP wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:Villa looks nothing like what he used to be.

He's come back from a long long lay off and injury to find that the his manager doesn't trust him and when he does get on the pitch he isn't playing in his natural position. Added to the fact that he and Messi don't get on because Villa is a centre forward and his first instinct is always to try and shoot but Messi gets fabulously offended if Villa doesn't pass him the ball - well you can see why this isn't the David Villa from Valencia/Spain. He would have been better off staying in Valencia where he was successful and loved.

Ale

There; fixed it for you.
    ok Biggrin
    Valencia might be able to get him back if pony up a little money because if he is really as unhappy as it is proclaimed I'm sure he would welcome a move back to Valencia. Problem is that I don't know if him and Soldado could play together and Valencia have a system in place.
    Tarun
    Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
    Registration date : 2007-01-16

UEFA Champions League 2012/13 - Matchday 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2012/13 - Matchday 4

Post by Tarun Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 am

Yes.
    The only scenario for Juve to qualify is a must win against Chelsea and then at least a draw against Shakhtar. Shakhtar IMO is already through. We need to play for the second. The slight advantage is that we play Chelsea at home.

bluenine wrote:
    The Professor wrote:
    Kroos wrote:
    Tarun wrote:Dammit Chelsea! Juve could've leapfrogged them for the 2nd place. What luck!

very tight now

you have to beat chelsea at home, and have to win a very hard away game in donezk

not so easy, the 2 lost points in the last round could hurt now

Can't see them doing it, but all they have to do is beat Chelsea at home and hope Shakhtar win their game against Nordsjaelland(which they are very likely to do btw). I think both teams(Juve, Shakhtar) go through in that case if I'm not mistaken.

Nah, the best case scenario for Juve is if they beat Chelsea, and Shakhtar lose to Nordsjaelland. Then Juve will only need a draw away to Shakhtar.

Its very difficult otherwise for Juve, who have to win the next two games... one too many draws. There might be a lot more Italian teams in Europa League KO phase this season than usual.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 am

Villa to Liverpool. It's never too late!
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    Hlebagone wrote:Villa looks nothing like what he used to be.

He's come back from a long long lay off and injury to find that the his manager doesn't trust him and when he does get on the pitch he isn't playing in his natural position. Added to the fact that he and Messi don't get on because Villa is a centre forward and his first instinct is always to try and shoot but Messi gets fabulously offended if Villa doesn't pass him the ball - well you can see why this isn't the David Villa from Valencia/Spain. He would have been better off staying in Valencia where he was successful and loved.

Ale

There; fixed it for you.
    ok Biggrin
    Valencia might be able to get him back if pony up a little money because if he is really as unhappy as it is proclaimed I'm sure he would welcome a move back to Valencia. Problem is that I don't know if him and Soldado could play together and Valencia have a system in place.

Barca has reduced his value. They would have to pay us now. They disrespected the curse and Villa, so they must pay dearly. Soldado would have to stay up front. He deserves that, so Villa'd have to play on the wing, cutting inside which to be fair he did a lot even at Valencia. Difference is at Valencia he knew that he was integral part of team (the main man) and loved by supporters, so he performed, but trophies were missing. Don't blame him for going and it was good business or would have been but for that damn debt.

Valencia has decent attack now. Jonas and Soldado is good partnership and Feghouli is good too in midfield. Defence is more the issue now, so not sure where Villa would fit now, plus club's policy is a different direction. They are looking to young players. I got an insight into the plan on my last trip, but it will take ages to transcribe as it involves crap Spanish, crap English and crap Spanglish, but apartfrom that it was very clear. I still know the plan. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm