Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
NeoChap
The Pröfessör
messiah
Red n' Black
Pras_tama
Pirlo
Ä
Antarion
debaser
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
ERIK LAMELA
Chris 23*
TheCrazy58
Super Progress
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
TITO
S4P
Cristiano
Brian2468
The Chosen Glenn
Isco Benny
blutgraetsche
110%
BoBo Vieri 32
Pierre Littbarski
Bashmachkin
Jaime
TM
Kroos
Fey
Kimbo
Sheffield gunner
christmasborocooper
Tarun
bluenine
Romford Pele
Rosicky
Luis
Puro
Murray
45 posters

Champions League Last 16 thread

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Champions League Last 16 thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 thread

Post by Kroos Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

bvb (no because they are german)
    gala (no not good enough)
    barca (it`s about time)
    real (no not again)
    psg (yeah would be nice)
    malaga (no not big enough)
    juve (no thanks)

debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Champions League Last 16 thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Champions League Last 16 thread

Post by debaser Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Kroos wrote:gala (no not good enough)

Hope you draw one of them and lose sunny
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Effenberg wrote:This is why I kind of prefer a nice 1-1 or 2-2 away draw in the first leg. Hopefully, now they have the squeaky bum syndrome out of their system.

Aye, there is something about this for sure.

I'm a little concerned after seeing Bayern and Milan's performances about how we (Spurs) will handle the 2ng leg at the San Siro tomorrow being 3-0 up. These two results are a wake up call against complacency.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Kroos wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:Congrats Malaga.

Commiserations Arseanals. Spirited performance. Although Bayern were shockingly complacent yet again.

Sorry, but this German generation look like brittle bottlejobs despite the skill. Otto was right

KROOSBAIT king

On this occassion I'm being serious. The likes of Lahm, Kroos, Muller are all obviously quality footballers, but collectively they have buckled under pressure to date. I don't mean at Bundesliga level, but at European and National Team level there can't be any argument. Even you were predicting as far back as 2008 that DOMILIATION was around the corner. It's now 2013, the natural talent is there but the mental toughness doesn't appear to be.

The transformation into becoming the new Dutch is almost complete affraid affraid lol!
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Team definitely restored some pride tonight, I'll post longer thoughts in the Arsenal thread tomorrow.

Prof! Kos Ale
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Effenberg wrote:21-5 attempts, 0-2 scoreline. For fuck's sake. Sammer will chew them out.

3/4 of those attempts came from Kroos doing his best Lampard impersonation lol!

Congrats anyway though, but as Bernd said, this new mental German fragility is worrying. The new Netherlands indeed ok
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
    Congrats anyway though, but as Bernd said, this new mental German fragility is worrying. The new Netherlands indeed ok

Robben is the one missing sitters and penalties in those games. Contrary to what people say, he is NOT German. : Laughing
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Team definitely restored some pride tonight, I'll post longer thoughts in the Arsenal thread tomorrow.

Prof! Kos Ale

Has always been our best CB Ale

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:15 am

Great game to watch today, thought Arsenal showed some heavy metal as for their CB's they anchored their side pushed forward at every chance. Nearly shocked the Germans who could not counter to save their lives and had no control over Arsenal's assertiveness to push on and make them look jello like. I think Bayern can put the game behind them and improve they need to get Barca in the next round. <Ale>
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am

Brian2468 wrote:Great game to watch today, thought Arsenal showed some heavy metal as for their CB's they anchored their side pushed forward at every chance. Nearly shocked the Germans who could not counter to save their lives and had no control over Arsenal's assertiveness to push on and make them look jello like. I think Bayern can put the game behind them and improve they need to get Barca in the next round. <Ale>

Arsenal had been KO in London already. Never a doubt whatsoever about Bayern advancing to the quarterfinals. Their switching off at home made the tie exciting and interesting, but their progress was never in doubt! Their performance reminded me of the Dutchies in '78 when they lost to Scotland 3-2. For the Dutchies to be KO, they had to lose by three goals. Both Bayern and them Dutchies were super complacent.

Barça, Madrid, Málaga, Juventus, PSG, Galatasaray, Bayern, Dortmund. What a great lineup of quarterfinalists! The quality of the teams is simply amazing. Arguably the best looking set since 1996. TFS!

If Málaga avoid Barça and Madrid, then they have as good a chance as any to make it to the semifinal.

Barça can only beat themselves just like in the last six years.
    Madrid are going to get better, but are still below Barça.
    Juventus are going to be a tough out.
    Málaga only want to avoid Barça and Madrid.
    PSG shall look real good against either Bayern or Dortmund
    Galatasaray want German ass
    Bayern and Dortmund don't want to face Barça, Madrid, Juventus
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:27 am

EURO-Malaga!!!!!!

Great to see their run continue! Ale
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 am

Puro wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:Great game to watch today, thought Arsenal showed some heavy metal as for their CB's they anchored their side pushed forward at every chance. Nearly shocked the Germans who could not counter to save their lives and had no control over Arsenal's assertiveness to push on and make them look jello like. I think Bayern can put the game behind them and improve they need to get Barca in the next round. <Ale>

Arsenal had been KO in London already. Never a doubt whatsoever about Bayern advancing to the quarterfinals. Their switching off at home made the tie exciting and interesting, but their progress was never in doubt! Their performance reminded me of the Dutchies in '78 when they lost to Scotland 3-2. For the Dutchies to be KO, they had to lose by three goals. Both Bayern and them Dutchies were super complacent.

Barça, Madrid, Málaga, Juventus, PSG, Galatasaray, Bayern, Dortmund. What a great lineup of quarterfinalists! The quality of the teams is simply amazing. Arguably the best looking set since 1996. TFS!

If Málaga avoid Barça and Madrid, then they have as good a chance as any to make it to the semifinal.

Barça can only beat themselves just like in the last six years.
    Madrid are going to get better, but are still below Barça.
    Juventus are going to be a tough out.
    Málaga only want to avoid Barça and Madrid.
    PSG shall look real good against either Bayern or Dortmund

Galatasaray want German ass
    Bayern and Dortmund don't want to face Barça, Madrid, Juventus

Easy to say their was no doubt Bayern were going through at the beginning of the game everyone new this. As the game played out they were clearly not in control of Arsenal if they were they would of scored that was to much of a gamble to take they had to hang and tighten down the rigging to prevent the boat from capsizing. Very Happy
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 am

debaser wrote:
    Kroos wrote:gala (no not good enough)

Hope you draw one of them and lose sunny

it probably will happen NOT Basketball
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 am

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

Commiserations Arseanals. Spirited performance. Although Bayern were shockingly complacent yet again.

Sorry, but this German generation look like brittle bottlejobs despite the skill. Otto was right

KROOSBAIT king

On this occassion I'm being serious. The likes of Lahm, Kroos, Muller are all obviously quality footballers, but collectively they have buckled under pressure to date. I don't mean at Bundesliga level, but at European and National Team level there can't be any argument. Even you were predicting as far back as 2008 that DOMILIATION was around the corner. It's now 2013, the natural talent is there but the mental toughness doesn't appear to be.

The transformation into becoming the new Dutch is almost complete affraid affraid lol!

we were fair and square beaten from better teams, the only joke that i remember was the cl final 2012, i`ll take this all as learning curve

in the past we`ve beaten teams because of our skills and mental strength (beckenbauer, loddar, möller...........) but just look at the past teams who won titles (CL or die Mannschaft) filled with players at the peak of there game, and not just players, really quality players, this was never the case since our new generation has appeared

young players will never be as good as players at the peak of there game, the best example is dante, you realize the difference in his presence and constancy

like spain we must unlock a new era with a big trophy (in the CL, or WC or EC) we will have to fight for this trophy, the current years will give our players a huge edge in the future, i am pretty sure that we are the nation who can overtake spain (la liga and la roja), while england has a far longer way to go, it seems that there best midfield player (wilshire) is shamefully a crock, and quality depth is not existing

also die Buli needs more time, the oldest field player against gala was farfan, the rest were "youth" players, or leverkusen, they built a new team, there only experienced players are kießling and rolfes
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:02 am

Disco Benny wrote:
    Effenberg wrote:This is why I kind of prefer a nice 1-1 or 2-2 away draw in the first leg. Hopefully, now they have the squeaky bum syndrome out of their system.

I'm a little concerned after seeing Bayern and Milan's performances about how we (Spurs) will handle the 2ng leg at the San Siro tomorrow being 3-0 up. These two results are a wake up call against complacency.

indeed, thats not an easy situation, and you don`t have much experience, but when i look at inters team sheet and there recent performances, inter will surely have knifes between there teeth, it`s a dead team when different

Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:05 am

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

KROOSBAIT king

<Ale>

this may be intended as a wind-up

but you are so 100% right, bernd

it's insane

Neutral

experience > youth

any day

when it comes to winning cups

+

character, mental strength > skill, talent

also

it will take about 3 to 6 years before the current generation of German supertalents seriously CONTEND for silverware

blut can wank over Götze, Draxler, Kroos, Lahm, Neuer... all he wants

some need more experience (Müller...)

others have it

but lack the right winning mentality ( Lahm... )

blut will need another 5 years at least

before he sees the light

in the meantime

we

ARE

the NEW DUTCH

Neutral

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 am

If I was on a wind up I wouldn't have bothered making a point of admiring the technical ability of this german generation.

Or gone with something like Belgium > Germany

Kroos, you have a point about Germany being miles ahead of England at international level, but I'm yet to be convinced the Bundedliga is better equipped than the Premier League to usurp La liga. Even with a lack of English club in the quarter finals season. First time in 17years, unlikely to happen again next year
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am

Disco Benny wrote:If I was on a wind up I wouldn't have bothered making a point of admiring the technical ability of this german generation.

Or gone with something like Belgium > Germany

Kroos, you have a point about Germany being miles ahead of England at international level, but I'm yet to be convinced the Bundedliga is better equipped than the Premier League to usurp La liga. Even with a lack of English club in the quarter finals season. First time in 17years, unlikely to happen again next year

this point was mainly directed to the la roja

the EPL will come better next year, but they have to upgrade there game, maybe the coaches will drill the players to turn off there laziness, and will also teach them quality pressing
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 am

stinger wrote:
    Super Mourinho wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Malaga through !!!!!!!!
    Great! "The Loser one" Pellegrini is having another successful campaign in Europe Ale
    I'm glad to see Malaga are through. Especially considering they are playing a double pivot and are better defensively than they are offensively this season. Biggrin

But Pellegrini is still a loser. He is to Spain what Mazzari is to Italy. You can throw Bielsea in there as well I suppose.
    Pellegrini's Villarreal was aften pragmatic, especially in Europe. I remember their group games vs Manchester United putting me to bed every time I tried to watch it. So the way Malaga is playing this season is not a surprise for me. IS there any specific reason why you labelled him as "Loser"? Is this because of Real fiasco? Or something else? Guy did a phenomenal work for Villarreal for years and now is doing very good at Malaga. Maybe it's me once again getting wind ups...
    That is correct. He reminds me of Wenger but you're correct that he has shown himself to be more pragmatic which I respect. Yes his time at Madrid showed up for lacking the right mentality. He also reminds me of Napoli's coach Mazzari who has gotten praise in Europe but ultimateley fails whenever he gets a real challenge in Italy and bottled the Chelsea game. This year's Malaga is more solid though, probably out of necessity, so I can get behind them. But I still don't see Pellegrini being a top coach. This is his ceiling imo.

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

KROOSBAIT king

ok
    New Netherland/Holland we shall dub this strange degeneration.

I would still put my money on England. Chelsea/City will bounce back and Man Utd will improve. Then again that is what expected last year as well but I can't imagine it happening again.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Netherland + Fatherland = Featherland
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Super Mourinho wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Great! "The Loser one" Pellegrini is having another successful campaign in Europe Ale
    I'm glad to see Malaga are through. Especially considering they are playing a double pivot and are better defensively than they are offensively this season. Biggrin

But Pellegrini is still a loser. He is to Spain what Mazzari is to Italy. You can throw Bielsea in there as well I suppose.
    Pellegrini's Villarreal was aften pragmatic, especially in Europe. I remember their group games vs Manchester United putting me to bed every time I tried to watch it. So the way Malaga is playing this season is not a surprise for me. IS there any specific reason why you labelled him as "Loser"? Is this because of Real fiasco? Or something else? Guy did a phenomenal work for Villarreal for years and now is doing very good at Malaga. Maybe it's me once again getting wind ups...
    That is correct. He reminds me of Wenger but you're correct that he has shown himself to be more pragmatic which I respect. Yes his time at Madrid showed up for lacking the right mentality. He also reminds me of Napoli's coach Mazzari who has gotten praise in Europe but ultimateley fails whenever he gets a real challenge in Italy and bottled the Chelsea game. This year's Malaga is more solid though, probably out of necessity, so I can get behind them. But I still don't see Pellegrini being a top coach. This is his ceiling imo.

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

KROOSBAIT king

ok

I would still put my money on England. Chelsea/City will bounce back and Man Utd will improve. Then again that is what expected last year as well but I can't imagine it happening again.

In Europe? This will entirely depend on the continuation of The Biggest Loser. Pellegrini > Mancini. Ale
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

It's crazy that City bottled it the last times and PSG is on its way to win it all on the first try and having a weaker league to get experience in. Still a long way, for sure, but everything is possible from this stage on
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 pm

The meat and potatoes of it all comes down to having the metal CB's at the back first and foremost you can have all the talent in the world weaken this position teams can hit you.Great sides control from the Back. Barca and Spain weakening link Germany can make it all happen tomorrow a Leader from this position will lift the depth in the side add the grit required to beat those better teams. Mertesacker showed some steel playing along side Koscielny yesterday Mert has the abilities to do this, Just by hardening up and acting as the last man of defence e.g. To get past me you will have to bury me first grits not chest beating stupidity, he has traits of Bobby Moore an excellent Centre Back of his time. Maybe he should study this great.

Then all the German talent in front will be allowed to go out and play........... their newer brand of football to entertain us. <Ale>

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Antarion wrote:It's crazy that City bottled it the last times and PSG is on its way to win it all on the first try and having a weaker league to get experience in. Still a long way, for sure, but everything is possible from this stage on

PSG has ancelotti. City will be fine in the CL once they are rid of Mancini, so it is just a matter of time

BTW The weaker league has advantages.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Antarion wrote:Netherland + Fatherland = Featherland
    Not a bad name either.

Jaime wrote:
    Super Mourinho wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Super Mourinho wrote:
    stinger wrote:

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:

KROOSBAIT king

ok

In Europe? This will entirely depend on the continuation of The Biggest Loser. Pellegrini > Mancini. Ale
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Pellegrini's titles while he has coached in Europe:
    Intertoto cup

lol!

Mancini:

Fiorentina

Coppa Italia (1): 2000–01

Lazio

Coppa Italia (1): 2003–04

Internazionale

Serie A (3): 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
    Coppa Italia (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
    Supercoppa Italiana (2): 2005, 2006

Manchester City

Premier League (1): 2011–12
    FA Cup (1): 2010–11
    FA Community Shield (1): 2012

Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:59 pm

You're not counting the titles Pellegrini and Mancini won in South America so......... Laughing
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

110% wrote:
    Antarion wrote:It's crazy that City bottled it the last times and PSG is on its way to win it all on the first try and having a weaker league to get experience in. Still a long way, for sure, but everything is possible from this stage on

PSG has ancelotti. City will be fine in the CL once they are rid of Mancini, so it is just a matter of time

BTW The weaker league has advantages.

Yep manager gets to try things more ideas player match-up in games, would be harder in a more competitive League.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Jaime wrote:You're not counting the titles Pellegrini and Mancini won in South America so......... Laughing
    I'm not even going to validate that point with an answer.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Disco Benny wrote:

Don't be. You guys would probably beat this Inter team if you started your b-team. This is the worst Inter side since I started supporting the club over 25 years ago... unavailable players is not part of the problem. Even full strength, this is an average side.

If the first leg was 3-2, then these may have been a small chance of a troll 1-0 Inter win... At 3-0, Inter will fold after the first spurs goal, and probably suffer a bigger defeat at home.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm

bluenine wrote:
    Disco Benny wrote:

Don't be. You guys would probably beat this Inter team if you started your b-team. This is the worst Inter side since I started supporting the club over 25 years ago... unavailable players is not part of the problem. Even full strength, this is an average side.

If the first leg was 3-2, then these may have been a small chance of a troll 1-0 Inter win... At 3-0, Inter will fold after the first spurs goal, and probably suffer a bigger defeat at home.

I have a feeling Inter will win today. I also have a very faint feeling that they may, somehow, go through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:19 pm