Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Pras_tama
Ä
rosenthal
shazlx
Pierre Littbarski
Hlebagone
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Puro
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
MightyBarca
Effenberg
NeoChap
TheCrazy58
Brian2468
Cristiano
christmasborocooper
stinger
Isco Benny
Antarion
S4P
messiah
110%
Super Progress
Fey
The Pröfessör
BoBo Vieri 32
Xavier
COTR
debaser
Allez les rouges
Rosicky
The Chosen Glenn
TM
Romford Pele
Kimbo
Luis
Murray
Kroos
Jaime
44 posters

2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages

BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages - Page 35 Empty Re: 2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm

bluenine wrote:None of Italy's top teams left in Champions League... that's a bit shocking.

Well napoli had a tough group and went out with 12 points (i think they are the first team to ever go out having scored 12 points).

Juve messed up the first 2 games against copenhagen and galatasaray. 2 games they dominated but didn't win because of silly defensive errors.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages - Page 35 Empty Re: 2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages

Post by TheCrazy58 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 pm

shazlx wrote:Loose 2-0 after playing defensively. Really poor midfield performance tonight, capped off with Arteta getting sent off.

I always think that Arsenal are less defensively secure when Wenger decides to play defensively. Walcott definitely should have come on at some point.

Mert in post-match interview was quite honest. 'We took a little break tonight' or words to that effect. First goal was good but very poor to give away the second. Giroud could have been easily sent off too.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 pm

UTTER WORLD DOMINATION
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 pm

DORMUND 1st in there group

PERFECT WEEK
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151

Post by TheCrazy58 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:58 pm

shazlx wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:We're through (just) but this is a crap result. We'll get RM, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Atletico next round  Evil or Very Mad 
    Hope its Barca or R.Madrid. Don't want high pressing Atletico or Bayern.

I bet we'll get Bayern or RM.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Awful team selection by Wenger!!

Set up to play defensively but without the weapons to counter. Why Walcott didn't start that game is totally beyond me. Perfect game to sit back and pick them off on the break with Theo's pace against Armero (awful defender). Do we really have experts who analyse other teams and look for weaknesses that we could take advantage of? It looked to me we just went out there to contain them, that's it. Why not device a plan to target their weaknesses at the same time? Baffling!

The frustrating thing is, Ozil played full 90 minutes against a team we lost anyway. City rested their main players last night, plus have an extra day rest, we are going to get dicked on this Saturday.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Milan were truely pathetic, went even below the usual Serie A stereotype. Blackotelli, those ballboys, Allegri...all are without any sort of shame.

Good thing it was against ajax, so I can still find some sympathy for the behaviour. And we wont get to see a re-release from this woeful song...

never again 1995 I hope!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 pm

The Pröfessör wrote:Awful team selection by Wenger!!

Set up to play defensively but without the weapons to counter. Why Walcott didn't start that game is totally beyond me. Perfect game to sit back and pick them off on the break with Theo's pace against Armero (awful defender). Do we really have experts who analyse other teams and look for weaknesses that we could take advantage of? It looked to me we just went out there to contain them, that's it.  Why not device a plan to target their weaknesses at the same time? Baffling!

The frustrating thing is, Ozil played full 90 minutes against a team we lost anyway. City rested their main players last night, plus have an extra day rest, we are  going to get dicked on this Saturday.

yeah when i watched there line up i thought hmm is he going for an draw, thats a big mistake in europe

fielding 5 midfielders including 2 work horses
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm

all four German teams in the next round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

cheers
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 pm

TheCrazy58 wrote:
    shazlx wrote:
    TheCrazy58 wrote:We're through (just) but this is a crap result. We'll get RM, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Atletico next round  Evil or Very Mad 
    Hope its Barca or R.Madrid. Don't want high pressing Atletico or Bayern.

I bet we'll get Bayern or RM.
    They both have weak defences. I think we could out score either if we are in form. I think Atletico will be the hardest and then Bayern. Only because of the high line and Guardiola's likeliness of leaving Martinez out. It makes their defence a bit open and fairly vulnerable as we've seen against ManC,
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 am

Schalke's second goal was amazingly offside. Find a video for a laugh.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 am

Effenberg wrote:Schalke's second goal was amazingly offside. Find a video for a laugh.

Yeah poor Basle. Was hilarious.  Smile
    2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages - Page 35 9VPoWTc
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:32 am

bluenine wrote:Sad for Napoli, its cruel to go out after 12 points from a tough group. But such is football, I know this will only make De La invest more money and they will come back stronger next year.

I for one just hope that this will make them (and the italian press) bang the drum about being a top team when they actually *are* a top team.
    All in all they did a tremendous job in this group stage, but they're still kinda half way from being one, in all respects (first 11, squad, coach, club) even for today Serie A standards.
    It shows in the league and it showed in the trashing in London which cost them the qualification.
    Don't get me wrong, they're doing a good job, improving year after year, but their level of self-patting and the press' lip service at the start of the season was astonishing.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 am

Antarion wrote:
    Effenberg wrote:Schalke's second goal was amazingly offside. Find a video for a laugh.

Yeah poor Basle. Was hilarious.  Smile
    2013/14 UEFA Champions League Group Stages - Page 35 9VPoWTc

shambolic! it was even from a free kick so it's not like linesman has any excuse about not being positioned right or anything. linesman either had some sort of brain malfunction or received a lot of cash..
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm

That pose of that line assistant is even better. They dont even realise it.
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Fey wrote:That pose of that line assistant is even better. They dont even realise it.

He looks like a goalkeeper

Also funny how ever other Schalke player is freezed  lol!  They are all thinking: "Shit! Don't move, maybe nobody realizes I'm here"  lol! 
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Antarion wrote:
    Fey wrote:That pose of that line assistant is even better. They dont even realise it.

He looks like a goalkeeper

Also funny how ever other Schalke player is freezed  lol!   They are all thinking: "Shit! Don't move, maybe nobody realizes I'm here"  lol! 
    well, it worked. clown
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:32 pm

English clubs best in Europe at group stage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/10513780/Champions-League-England-top-of-the-group-stage-but-can-one-of-the-Premier-League-clubs-win-the-trophy.html

nice list, germany 2nd

yeah england solved there issues with spending big, they improved heavily compared to last year
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Kroos, please review there/their/they're over Christmas. Thank you.
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Yeah, have a word with yourself Krooslein, after years of spectacular improvement you can't compete with the grammar of a trilingual academic who's lived for years in Spain and the US. Shame on you Rolling Eyes

Don't worry, once you master "they're" and such that will already put you in the top percentile of English people Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Harsh on Kroos, his English is fine. :k:Die/Das/Der/Den is way harder then there/their/they're anyway.

So far he was spot on about the likes of Ozil and Kroos. That's what really matters.

Besides, at least he speaks a second language, how many native English speakers can say that?
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Post by Effenberg Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

It's NOT hard. You don't need to be an academic to distinguish these three words. Being in sixth grade in Germany should do. Sorry for my apparently extremely lofty standards.  Rolling Eyes 
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Fey wrote:Harsh on Kroos, his English is fine. :k:Die/Das/Der/Den is way harder then there/their/they're anyway.

So far he was spot on about the likes of Ozil and Kroos. That's what really matters.

Besides, at least he speaks a second language, how many native English speakers can say that?

I whisper sweet nothings in Italian as I feed my length into your mum Ale
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Fey wrote:

Yo.  cheers 
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
    Fey wrote:Harsh on Kroos, his English is fine. :k:Die/Das/Der/Den is way harder then there/their/they're anyway.

I whisper sweet nothings in Italian as I feed my length into your mum Ale

She doesnt even like Italian.

Still, I dont get your obsession with my mother. She is a grandmother for a while now, and while not ugly, I wouldnt do her(not sure if I would if she wasnt my mum) Unlike your sister she isnt top notch breeding material anymore. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Anyway, when will UEFA ban ajax! After Celtic they did a bit of riot in Milano again...hitting people cause they were infront of their bus, not realising it were just leftwing protesters.

Laughing

Nontheless the Italian flag should be white.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Yeah, have a word with yourself Krooslein, after years of spectacular improvement you can't compete with the grammar of a trilingual academic who's lived for years in Spain and the US. Shame on you Rolling Eyes

Don't worry, once you master "they're" and such that will already put you in the top percentile of English people Ale
     ok 
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Effenberg wrote:Kroos, please review there/their/they're over Christmas. Thank you.

lol! 

first i haven`t really realized what do you mean, then the post`s below showed me that is was again an attack from you

because my english skills not that exceptional

hahaha

serious you really think this will bother me  lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:41 pm