Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Hlebagone
debaser
Fey
Jaime
mongrel hawk
Axeslammer
110%
Antarion
12 posters

WC Boots

Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

WC Boots Empty WC Boots

Post by Antarion Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 am

Fucking hell, I don't remember last World Cup in this regard, but whats up with all those neon coloured football boots? Pink!, Yellow, Orange or some players even use different colors for left and right foot.  Yikes 

Where is the classic black and/or white boot?

Don't know if its great or insane by Nike. But they got recognized I guess. So everything done right?

110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

WC Boots Empty Re: WC Boots

Post by 110% Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:39 am

Puma has the different colours for each foot.
    WC Boots Puma+evoPOWER+2014+World+Cup+Tricks+Boot+(1)

Adidas has the hideous pattern.
    WC Boots 2014-Brazil-World-Cup--milk-color--ADIDAS-ADIZERO-F50-FG-football-boots-black-white-orange---0-5046-38504

Nike have introduced a sock as part of the boot plus flourescent colours:
    WC Boots The+new+2014+Nike+football+boots+Magista2+(FILEminimizer)

Not sure who is the worst. I mainly care whether it is made out of kangaroo leather or not. It has more spring in it Wink
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 am

Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Two different baby color shoes is the hot thing for parents. If they score with the blue one, its for the son. Pink for the daughter. Chinese should wear nike though.

Well color me not impressed with those options Neutral 

Toni Kroos' boots would be my choice. Classic. But not made of Kangaroo leather.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:10 am

110% wrote:
    Not sure who is the worst.

ok

They're all effing hideous  Evil or Very Mad 
    110%

Post by 110% Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:19 am

Antarion wrote:Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Two different baby color shoes is the hot thing for parents. If they score with the blue one, its for the son. Pink for the daughter. Chinese should wear nike though.

Toni Kroos' boots would be my choice. Classic. But not made of Kangaroo leather.

Well they're still kind of all white with 3 black stripes, so not really classic.

I don't go for a particular look, but how they fit, and leather fits best, and kangaroo leather fits best of all but is more expensive.

I previously made the mistake of buying these because I play on artificial grass (Nike has the best soles for that):
    WC Boots NikeBombaFinale2

One shoe develop a small rip in the toe at about the 10th game. I realised at half time and was considering what to do about it. The other foot ripped in the same place and much worse in the 2nd half. 100 quid in the bin (I didn't think about keeping the receipt and sending back to Nike). Basically it is a problem with synthetic shoes, so I only buy leather now.

mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Football boots should be all black. They are killing football aesthetics.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Jaime wrote:I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.

They began to make colourful boots to call attention for the brands. But now if you wear a black boot it will call more attention. Retro black boots will be the new trend. Wait and see.  ok 
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
    Jaime wrote:I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.

They began to make colourful boots to call attention for the brands. But now if you wear a black boot it will call more attention. Retro black boots will be the new trend. Wait and see.  ok 

You are probably right, at least I hope so! These are still the best for me:

WC Boots Copa
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Of course these are the worst of the lot:

WC Boots 0061026182698-jr-f10-trx-fg-messi
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Im always suprised at the market for football boots, surely it's not as big as everyone thinks. Considering 80% of the people who play it, play it bare foot or just normal sneakers.

So I dont understand why they have new shitty gay boots every 5 weeks these days.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm

I think they are about marketing the brand in general rather than the boots themselves
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 pm

There also used to be more diversity in football boot brands: diadora, mizuno, umbro, hummel, valsport, asics were all worn by big players. Lots of Spanish players used to wear kelme and joma. Can't remember if I am forgetting others. Oh Reebok used to have some big players like Giggs and Raul. But nowadays you only see nike, adidas, and puma. Although I did see one player (can't remember who) that had a pair of lotto boots.

WC Boots 5606

So 90s!
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Shevchenko always had Lotto too if I remember correctly.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah that's right and Gullit was Lotto as well but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Biggrin
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:15 am

Jaime wrote:Yeah that's right and Gullit was Lotto as well but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Biggrin

I use futsal shoes from Brazilian brand Topper: WC Boots Topper-4113297-dominator-ii-jr-junior-chuteira-tenis-futsal-preto-branco-1_31063

I love it for everything. I don't play football anymore, but it's so beautiful.  Blush 
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:40 am

Jaime wrote:
    mongrel hawk wrote:

You are probably right, at least I hope so! These are still the best for me:

WC Boots Copa

ok These were the ones, along with old school preds.
    110%

Post by 110% Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 am

Fey wrote:Im always suprised at the market for football boots, surely it's not as big as everyone thinks. Considering 80% of the people who play it, play it bare foot or just normal sneakers.

So I dont understand why they have new shitty gay boots every 5 weeks these days.

The market is not as big as it was, especially since they drove various manufacturers out of it. It is main Nike and Adidas now and they each have about 20 versions of virtually the same design depending on your budget. I think they might have done about as much as they can with the structural designs of the shoes, so now they just play with colours.

It's a bit like Samsung and their phones. Decent, fit all budgets, but your choice is limited compared to the past.

110%

Post by 110% Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Antarion wrote:Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Thinking about getting myself some kroos boots now  Whistle 
    110%

Post by 110% Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 am

This was the boot line-up for the final:
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/07/adidas-wins-2014-world-cup-boot-battle.html

It's mainly adidas, but Higuain was wearing Nikes Wink

Here are the boots according to goals scored (not the most up-to-date):
    http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/06/2014-world-cup-top-goalscoring-football.html

Again Adidas wins
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Nice article on the 20th anniversary of the "legendary" Predator boot by adidas

http://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2014/jul/18/remembering-adidas-predator-football-boots-david-beckham-zidane
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Recently bought a pair of those original predators for about $40. So much better than the shitshow designs of the new generation.

Fact is, you go into any sports store in the world, no kid wants the traditional black modest boots anymore
    They are all after the most flash pair they can prance around in at school to show off infront of the birds and if theyre lucky end up getting a hand job around the back of the bike sheds before their mum comes to pick them up.

These new fangled boots are like fingering - if youre over the age of 25 and into it then youre probably still a virgin. Or at least you should be, you despicable c**t.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Still own a pair of Old-skool Rivaldo's:

WC Boots 23532
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Whats wrong with black? Racist.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:07 pm

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 am