Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

128-team Worldwide FIFA Club World Cup (I promise it's interesting).

shizzle787

Number of posts : 37
    Supports : Juventus
    Favourite Player : Diego Forlan
    Registration date : 2015-04-28

128-team Worldwide FIFA Club World Cup (I promise it's interesting). Empty 128-team Worldwide FIFA Club World Cup (I promise it's interesting).

Post by shizzle787 Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Teams:
    Title holder
    UEFA- 47 berths
    CONMEBOL- 32 berths
    CONCACAF- 16 berths
    AFC (merged with OFC)- 16 berths
    CAF- 16 berths

Qualifying:
    UEFA:
    39 teams gain automatic qualification:
    Europa League winner (Secondary cup competitions would remain unimpeded by the Club World Cup)
    Champions of associations ranked 1-20
    Runners-up of associations ranked 1-9
    Third-place teams of associations ranked 1-6
    Fourth-place teams of associations ranked 1-3

Qualification:
    Champions path: 4 rounds involving 33 champions of associations 21-54 (excluding Lichtenstein)
    Non-champions path: 4 rounds involving 6 runners-up of associations ranked 10-15 and 54 national cup
    winners (or best placed team not already involved: a country can have as many as 7 clubs in the Club World Cup: title holder of Club World Cup, cup winner, Europa League winner, and 4 best placed teams including league champion)

CONMEBOL: The 32 teams that would normally contest the Copa Libertadores Group Stage

CONCACAF: The 16 teams that would normally contest the CONCACAF Group Stage (circa 2009)

AFC: The 32 teams that would normally contest the AFC Champions League Group Stage play two-leg
    ties to determine the 16 qualifiers (8 from Western Asia and 8 from Eastern Asia)

CAF: The 16 teams that would normally contest the Round of 16 in AFC Champions League

Format (and Seeding):

First stage: 128 teams (32 groups of 4 playing double round schedule with top 2 advancing to Round of 64).
    Pot 1: Title-holder and 31 best UEFA clubs (by coefficient)
    Pot 2: CONMEBOL clubs
    Pots 3 and 4 (these rotate every year): e.g.
    Pot 3: Other 16 UEFA clubs and 16 CONCACAF clubs
    Pot 4: 16 CAF clubs and 16 AFC clubs

Round of 64: Two-legs (group winner home second)
    Round of 32: Two-legs (unseeded)

Final tournament (16 teams, unseeded, one-leg, golden goal, single elimination, neutral venue).
    Played in May every year after leagues (especially in Europe) have ended (Leagues will end roughly 2 weeks earlier than now, can compensate for this as there are only two rounds of knockout as opposed to three currently in spring calender [R16, QF, SF].
    Four weekends (three weeks), it is hosted by one country every year (rotates every confederation hosts every fifth year).

128-team Worldwide FIFA Club World Cup (I promise it's interesting). Empty Re: 128-team Worldwide FIFA Club World Cup (I promise it's interesting).

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2015 5:01 pm

The CL teams would be too dominating.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:23 am