Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
fcb
Oleguerisntthatbad
NCFC
Deano
Lordanger
Tweesus
golsud
La Saeta Rubia
mongrel hawk
13 posters

Spain v. Argentina

Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Spain v. Argentina - Page 3 Empty Re: Spain v. Argentina

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:25 pm

yours truly wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Xavi and Deco... But Iniesta has occasionally played as defensive midfield, due to injuries, or games where we had to keep posession more than usual.

So how can you claim he is the answer to all your problems if he is their understudy?

LSR is claiming he is the answer to all our problems.. I am just saying that at the moment he is better than Cesc..
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    yours truly wrote:
    Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Xavi and Deco... But Iniesta has occasionally played as defensive midfield, due to injuries, or games where we had to keep posession more than usual.

So how can you claim he is the answer to all your problems if he is their understudy?

LSR is claiming he is the answer to all our problems.. I am just saying that at the moment he is better than Cesc..

Personal opinion really. Why do you think this?
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Because LSR is a Madridista and it bugs the hell out of him that Real Madrid's contribution to the national team is very small and that Real Madrid's midfield lacks creativity..

Basically Real would kill for a player like Iniesta but they don't have him, so LSR goes to great lengths to say that our midfielders are overrated..
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:37 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Because LSR is a Madridista and it bugs the hell out of him that Real Madrid's contribution to the national team is very small and that Real Madrid's midfield lacks creativity..

Basically Real would kill for a player like Iniesta but they don't have him, so LSR goes to great lengths to say that our midfielders are overrated..

Maybe your right but what has Iniesta done to prove that he is a class player? He hasn't even ben on the scene that long
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:40 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Because LSR is a Madridista and it bugs the hell out of him that Real Madrid's contribution to the national team is very small and that Real Madrid's midfield lacks creativity..

Seriously you cules are very petty. I have no problem with Xavi playing for Spain or Puyol and they are Barça players Doh , but Iniesta isnt all that, Xabi & Cesc are better than him. Iniesta has one good game and you cules think he`s Spain`s saviour or something, its pathetic really. You always think its Madrid vs Barça ... its Spain national team, it has nothing to do with feuds between clubs.

Guti is playing well and i dont see you cules claiming he should play for Spain ?
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:44 pm

yours truly wrote:

Maybe your right but what has Iniesta done to prove that he is a class player? He hasn't even ben on the scene that long

He was basically MOTM in the two games in against AC Milan in the semis last year, and he was very important in the league after Xavi's injury. Started in 14 league games and came on in 19 league games last year, and the season before that he was the only player to participate in every league game.

Considering that our midfield is probably one of the most competitive, if not the most competitive, he has done very well in getting so many appearances.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:47 pm

I guess we should ignore Xabi Alonso who STARTS for Liverpool or Cesc who also STARTS for Arsenal both play over 40 games a season easy, and play Iniesta who`s a sub.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:48 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:

Seriously you cules are very petty. I have no problem with Xavi playing for Spain or Puyol and they are Barça players Doh , but Iniesta isnt all that, Xabi & Cesc are better than him. Iniesta has one good game and you cules think he`s Spain`s saviour or something, its pathetic really. You always think its Madrid vs Barça ... its Spain national team, it has nothing to do with feuds between clubs.

Guti is playing well and i dont see you cules claiming he should play for Spain ?

I have never said that Iniesta was Spain's saviour.. I just said that last night he was MOTM, and that I consider him to be better than Cesc at the moment. Xabi is better than Iniesta, eventhough I don't think they are very similar in their playing style..

As for Guti, I think he would be a good choice if we aren't using wingers, but I do find him a bit inconsistent.. He can play extremely well, but also go missing and loose his head..
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:49 pm

yours truly wrote:

He was basically MOTM in the two games in against AC Milan in the semis last year, and he was very important in the league after Xavi's injury. Started in 14 league games and came on in 19 league games last year, and the season before that he was the only player to participate in every league game.

Considering that our midfield is probably one of the most competitive, if not the most competitive, he has done very well in getting so many appearances.

ok Maybe why Cesc left. You buying player's for his position must not be morale boosting for his confidence. He is flourishing at Arsenal now.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:55 pm

I have never said that Iniesta was Spain's saviour.. I just said that last night he was MOTM, and that I consider him to be better than Cesc at the moment. Xabi is better than Iniesta, eventhough I don't think they are very similar in their playing style..

As for Guti, I think he would be a good choice if we aren't using wingers, but I do find him a bit inconsistent.. He can play extremely well, but also go missing and loose his head..

I never said Iniesta wasnt good either, in fact last night i said on here that he was MOTM but having 1 good game doesnt cut it for me. If Iniesta plays regular first team football and proves he can play for Spain then i have no problem in him playing. Campo is playing well for Bolton and i dont see anyone asking for him to be called up Razz

Campo for Spain Magic
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 pm

So LSR what would you ideal Spain be??

Because I don't see any easy quick fixes.. If we play with wingers then we need a tough tackling midfield leaving out players like: Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, García..

If we don't use wingers then we risk playing a midfield of players that are too similar..
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 pm

Id play a 4-4-2, counting everyone is fully fit and not injured id have ...

..........................Casillas

S.Ramos........Puyol......Pablo........Del Horno

Joaquin..........Xavi........Xabi.........Vicente/Reyes

.....................Villa........Torres/Raul/Moro
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Id play a 4-4-2, counting everyone is fully fit and not injured id have ...

Good team but then you have too many like for like midfielder's on the bench.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Cesc, Albelda, Luis Garcia for the bench ...
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:11 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Cesc, Albelda, Luis Garcia for the bench ...

What about all the centre mids you have left out? Do you really think Cesc and Albelda are the best of the rest?
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:12 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:Id play a 4-4-2, counting everyone is fully fit and not injured id have ...

Good team.. but the centre is soft, and Joaquín will not help out.. remember the game against France, opponents would just swamp us, and leave the strikers isolated.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:20 pm

yours truly wrote:

What about all the centre mids you have left out? Do you really think Cesc and Albelda are the best of the rest?

yeah, with maybe Iniesta, Guti, Raul Garcia popping in
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:23 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:
    yours truly wrote:

yeah, with maybe Iniesta, Guti, Raul Garcia popping in

Ok that's fine then ok . Considering Jesus Navas has a pretty soft centre he looked fine against Middlesborough even though they were trying to kick him left right and centre.
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:05 pm

U cant judge Iniesta because he isnt playing enough to prove what he can do. Last years CL was his, especially the KO games where he was consistent every single game. Due to the Xavi injury he stepped and did the best. IMO he was important for Barca as were the others like Dinho or Eto'o or Deco. And def. he was in the same level with them.
    So, to say that he is only god, and nothing more is ridiculous. It's not his fault that at this moment Barca have the best midfield in the world.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:56 pm

you can't have a debate with LRS about barca players, he will come with the stupidest thing just to contradict what you're say, like RM has more players in the same U-21 that Barca so they have a Better youth system, Failing to mention that done of those players are regulars for RM, are something like Barca youth team doesn't have enough Spanish players.

Anyways Iniesta was right up their with Deco,Eto,Messi and Dinho for Barca last seasons and was very consistent. did you seem him in the CL i guess you didn't.

As he player in every single game for barca the previous season, so i don't know what he is one. the fact the he isn't a start for barca doesn't really matter because with the exception of a WC D-med, their is only 2/3 players that could walk in that barca mid-field.

I thought I was bias but you take it to a totally different level
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:07 pm

How am i biased and all you Barça fans talking about a Barça player not biased ? Laugh

I can admit we have poor players playing for us, and we have some weak youth players too, but you Barça fans cant seem to admit that. You think everything you have is the best in the world. Look at all the banter you have started over a sub Very Happy

Messiah, youth players tend to play for under 21 teams seeing as they are young players LOL And all you do is keep talking about Xavi who is 26-27, Iniesta who is 23 and Puyol who is 30, you class them as youth players do you ?

You are saying it yourself, Iniesta played cos Xavi was injured !!! Xavi is back and Iniesta is back on the bench ... the same bench he on when he gets called up for Spain.

Again i will state the obvious, if Iniesta is soooo good then why doesnt he start ahead of Edmilson Laughing

Basically you think that Iniesta should play ahead of Xabi Alonso or Cesc, thats what you are all saying Shocked
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:09 pm

Well one thing is for sure, De la Red > Iniesta. Laugh
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Jaime wrote:Well one thing is for sure, De la Red > Iniesta. Laugh

Laugh

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:How am i biased and all you Barça fans talking about a Barça player not biased ? Laugh

I can admit we have poor players playing for us, and we have some weak youth players too, but you Barça fans cant seem to admit that. You think everything you have is the best in the world. Look at all the banter you have started over a sub Very Happy

Messiah, youth players tend to play for under 21 teams seeing as they are young players LOL And all you do is keep talking about Xavi who is 26-27, Iniesta who is 23 and Puyol who is 30, you class them as youth players do you ?

You are saying it yourself, Iniesta played cos Xavi was injured !!! Xavi is back and Iniesta is back on the bench ... the same bench he on when he gets called up for Spain.

Again i will state the obvious, if Iniesta is soooo good then why doesnt he start ahead of Edmilson Laughing

Basically you think that Iniesta should play ahead of Xabi Alonso or Cesc, thats what you are all saying Shocked

I never said is should start over Alonso.

and the Edmilson this is just Doh
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:22 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:

Iniesta is NOT a defensive midfielder, THAT is why he shouldn't start ahead of Edmílson...

Again, I never said that Iniesta is better than Xabi, but I still think that he is better than Cesc at the moment.. ask the Arsenal fans about Cesc's current form..

As for de la Red... Rolling Eyes
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Messiah wrote:

well thats what we have been talking about !!! scratch

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:26 pm

La Saeta Rubia wrote:
    Messiah wrote:

well thats what we have been talking about !!! scratch

No we have been Talking about Iniesta>Cesc.

i would never have said Iniesta>Alonso at least not yet
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:28 pm

Messiah wrote:

No we have been Talking about Iniesta>Cesc.

i would never have said Iniesta>Alonso at least not yet

I dunno what you have been talking about, but i have been saying Iniesta cant be starting ahead of Cesc & Xabi Wink
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:15 pm

I personally think Iniesta will and possibly is already better than Alonso & Xavi. Certainly he is outperforming Xavi currently, and I personally think he has more ability than Alonso. Cesc is ofcourse very talented, but I think Iniesta has better dribbling ability and is physically stronger as well. I always said if Iniesta scored a few more goals, he'd probably be one of the best CM's in the world, and he's now started to score a few more. He dominated Pirlo, Gatusso etc last year in both legs, likewise against Benfica and he also dominated the Arsenal midfield when he came on in the 2nd half against in the CL. He was also very impressive in the league. He's never been given a chance for Spain yet, and against Argentina he obviously showed what he can do...

By the way how did Messi/Tevez/Aguero play in the game?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 am