Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Stiftung Haeschentest
dont panic!
Isco Benny
7 posters

FA Charged over Croatia incident

S4P

FA Charged over Croatia incident Empty FA Charged over Croatia incident

Post by S4P Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6083120.stm

The Football Association has been charged by Uefa with improper behaviour over incidents involving England fans at the Euro 2008 qualifier in Croatia.

The Croatian Federation also faces the same charge after police used batons on travelling fans in Zagreb, where England lost 2-0 on 11 October.

Uefa will deal with the matter at a meeting on 9 November.
    But FA spokesman Adrian Bevington said: "We will contest this as strongly as we can possibly do so."

If found guilty the FA could face anything from a fine to being forced to play England matches behind closed doors, though Bevington is confident they have a strong case to present in their defence.

"We will be requesting a personal hearing," added Bevington. "And we'd like to call on as many witnesses as we require.
    "It's worth noting we've had a vast amount of communication and correspondence from England supporters who were in Zagreb on the evening and experienced some very difficult situations in the build-up to the game.

"All of this should be factored into the account that we provide when we actually do speak to Uefa on this subject."

Prior to the game, England fans without tickets were able to break through a security cordon at the Maksimir Stadium, sparking concern among security guards.

The closure of turnstiles for two five-minute periods then caused panic.

Supporters with tickets squeezed towards the gates and police reacted by brandishing batons.
    Reports said some England fans suffered head injuries.

The FA was disappointed by the security cordon which allowed fans without tickets to get to the turnstiles, neutralising their efforts to police supporters who follow the team.
    It made its concerns known to a Uefa delegate before and after the match, but Uefa is pressing ahead with the charge against both associations.

Uefa director of communications William Gaillard said: "In the case of the English FA the charge is misconduct of the supporters. It is just a charge, levelled by the prosecution.

"This (the FA's mitigation) will be part of the case, and of course the control and disciplinary body has the power to dismiss the case for one or both of the FAs, or to apply sanctions.

"On the side of the Croatian FA, (the charge) is specifically the mishandling of the entrance process in the stadium in Zagreb and also some crowd misbehaviour."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange. It always seemed (when we saw the match and the news on TV) that it was the Croatia fans who were provoking most of the violence that started. If true, imo it's a bit unfair to give England and Croatia the same punishment.

I also thought the Croatian police dealt with the situation appallingly.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

FA Charged over Croatia incident Empty Re: FA Charged over Croatia incident

Post by Isco Benny Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:26 pm

Im sure there were bonehead england fans who used the situation to their advantage and started kicking off though. Scenes showed some of them getting stuck in which is a bit odd if they were trying to defend themselves.

I wish they'd all crawl into a hole and die. Always giving England fans a bad rep
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Number of posts : 965
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by dont panic! Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:14 pm

typical..fans from other countries cause trouble at internetional games...german fans for instance recently...and what happens...nothing..some english fans SEEM to get provoked...stupidy cause trouble and the FA gets charged...

i know english fans have caused loads of trouble in the past but this one sided way of dealing with these things is getting ridiculous...

uefa are fools...
    Stiftung Haeschentest
    Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
    Supports : Deutschland
    Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:47 am

dont panic! wrote:typical..fans from other countries cause trouble at internetional games...german fans for instance recently...and what happens...nothing..some english fans SEEM to get provoked...stupidy cause trouble and the FA gets charged...

i know english fans have caused loads of trouble in the past but this one sided way of dealing with these things is getting ridiculous...

uefa are fools...

The incidents involving German "fans" in Slovakia are under investigation as well, UEFA's decision is exprected in November; there is no need to feel treated unequally here.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:31 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:Im sure there were bonehead england fans who used the situation to their advantage and started kicking off though. Scenes showed some of them getting stuck in which is a bit odd if they were trying to defend themselves.

I wish they'd all crawl into a hole and die. Always giving England fans a bad rep

Agree. It is always a minority as well. In germany for the world cup the vast majority of england fans were well-behaved but there were groups looking for trouble and any excuse to start fighting. It was the same for some other nationalities, whereas for some like the brasilians the last thing on their mind was fighting with anyone.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:08 pm

110% wrote:
    The Real White Pele wrote:Im sure there were bonehead england fans who used the situation to their advantage and started kicking off though. Scenes showed some of them getting stuck in which is a bit odd if they were trying to defend themselves.

Agree. It is always a minority as well. In germany for the world cup the vast majority of england fans were well-behaved but there were groups looking for trouble and any excuse to start fighting. It was the same for some other nationalities, whereas for some like the brasilians the last thing on their mind was fighting with anyone.

To be fair I doubt the majority of Brazilian trouble makers could afford to fly to germany or often outside their own country.

the main problem with england is that, as a pretty affluent country with a strong exchange rate, our troublemakers are able to travel abroad to most destinations anywhere in the world.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 am

Ballmädchen wrote:
    The incidents involving German "fans" in Slovakia are under investigation as well, UEFA's decision is exprected in November; there is no need to feel treated unequally here.

There never really is a 'need' in his case, that's just how he is. Welcome to trees' aka don't panic's world.

Don't panic while he keeps panicking about anything remotely involving Germany. And if it doesn't, he will make sure that it will. Somehow.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 am

most of the Brazilians who travel to WCs aren't football fans. they are tourists who never go to games here.

110% wrote:

Mistletoe.

Number of posts : 758
    Supports : Benfica.........likes Millwall e U.A.Povoense
    Registration date : 2006-09-08

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am

If the English FA did everything within their power to prevent any "hooliganism", what can they be guilty of? If there was action the FA could have done, but didn't, then they should be punished.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:47 am

Ballmädchen wrote:
    dont panic! wrote:typical..fans from other countries cause trouble at internetional games...german fans for instance recently...and what happens...nothing..some english fans SEEM to get provoked...stupidy cause trouble and the FA gets charged...

uefa are fools...

hmmm...german fans have been causing trouble at away games in eastern europe for the past few years and UEFA havnt done anything...they wont now either...

this isnt germanys fault of course...i just feel english 'fans' actions get judged differently by UEFA and of course the press...
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:09 am

blutgraetsche wrote:
    Ballmädchen wrote:

There never really is a 'need' in his case, that's just how he is. Welcome to trees' aka don't panic's world.

Don't panic while he keeps panicking about anything remotely involving Germany. And if it doesn't, he will make sure that it will. Somehow.

look..its quite simple but i obviously need to explain this again....im not sure why i bother though...

i live in germany...therefore...as youd expect...i hear about these things..things that happen in germany....would i have heard about the recent stuttgart kickers-herta game getting stopped due to the linesman getting hit by a plastic cup if i lived in spain?...

http://www.herthabsc.de/index.php?id=15630&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=363&tx_ttnews[backPid]=15611&cHash=a4db016a24

i doubt it..

....I WOULD however hear about similar things that happen in spain..which im sure they do......and if some spanish clown kept going on about how perfect and fair spanish fans/football are and how bad the english fans/football are i would then...because i was informed...obviously write about the things i know to give a less one sided view.

that wouldnt make me anti-spanish..and im not anti-german...im just anti-clown

have you guys mentioned this incident by they way?...strange isnt it..if..as you say...i always look for excuses to have a go at you (paranoid?) wouldnt you think i would have started a thread about it?...

racism..hooligans...cheating...corruption...the bundesliga would be a VERY easy target if i was just looking to put germany down...this forum would be full of such threads........

...i like germany...its just no better or worse than any other country..and the pro germany propaganda thats often spouted here wont change that one bit.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mistletoe.

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:13 am

dont panic! wrote:
    i live in germany...therefore...as youd expect...i hear about these things..things that happen in germany....would i have heard about the recent stuttgart kickers-herta game getting stopped due to the linesman getting hit by a plastic cup if i lived in spain?...i doubt it..

I live in Portugal, and I heard about that, although not that it was a plastic cup.
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:20 am

SLB e Millwall wrote:
    dont panic! wrote:
    i live in germany...therefore...as youd expect...i hear about these things..things that happen in germany....would i have heard about the recent stuttgart kickers-herta game getting stopped due to the linesman getting hit by a plastic cup if i lived in spain?...i doubt it..

I live in Portugal, and I heard about that, although not that it was a plastic cup.

i was just using that as a simple way of explaining why it may seem..to someone who seems to be slightly paranoid and maybe also a bit streitlustig....that i only write about issues involving germany..which isnt the case anyway...
    Mistletoe.

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:33 am

And, I was just using it in a simple way to show that, for football fans, football news travels freely throughout Europe, the rest of europedoesn't need an insider voice to know what is happening...............
    Having said that, I must admit that I laugh at your wind-ups. <Ale>
    dont panic!
    dont panic!

Post by dont panic! Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:54 am

SLB e Millwall wrote:And, I was just using it in a simple way to show that, for football fans, football news travels freely throughout Europe, the rest of europedoesn't need an insider voice to know what is happening...............
    Having said that, I must admit that I laugh at your wind-ups. <Ale>

which wind ups?

Cool
    Mistletoe.

Post by Mistletoe. Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:23 pm

dont panic! wrote:

which wind ups?

Cool

Well, like this thread. The hooligans following England have been causing trouble regularly during the last few years, and FIFA and Eufa have done nothing, now they choose to give lip-service to an investigation, your first remark is to say that the German hooligans have been causing trouble also. With your "insider" information, it would seem that you forgot/omitted to say that it was being investigated.
    As you well know, if "Blut" is reading a thread and Germany is mentioned, without also mentioning that it's the worlds greatest country, football team, language, food etc, he gets wound up.........
    It seems to me that your sole motive for posting is to wind-up the Germans, in which case it's rather sad and pathetic that it's only "Blut" that bites.
    Still, as I said, it makes me laugh, and for that, thank you. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:42 pm

SLB e Millwall wrote:
    dont panic! wrote:

which wind ups?

Cool

Well, like this thread. The hooligans following England have been causing trouble regularly during the last few years, and FIFA and Eufa have done nothing, now they choose to give lip-service to an investigation, your first remark is to say that the German hooligans have been causing trouble also. With your "insider" information, it would seem that you forgot/omitted to say that it was being investigated.
    As you well know, if "Blut" is reading a thread and Germany is mentioned, without also mentioning that it's the worlds greatest country, football team, language, food etc, he gets wound up.........
    It seems to me that your sole motive for posting is to wind-up the Germans, in which case it's rather sad and pathetic that it's only "Blut" that bites.
    Still, as I said, it makes me laugh, and for that, thank you. <Ale>

See Deisler/Otto for the sole purpose of winding up the English (and Dutch in Otto's case). What would these boards be like without these characters though? Biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:35 pm