Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
The-Frank-Tavern
Isco Benny
debaser
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
Tweesus
Hardrada
11 posters

Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy

L r d

Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy Empty Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:03 pm

Birmingham have signed striker Gary McSheffrey from Championship rivals Coventry for £4m.
    Coventry have finally accepted a bid from the St Andrews club after rejecting four earlier offers for the 24-year-old.

McSheffrey passed a Blues medical on Tuesday and has signed a four-year deal with the option of a further two years.

McSheffrey has come through the ranks at Coventry and scored 17 goals for the Sky Blues last season.

Coventry managing director Paul Fletcher says the decision was made after consultations between the "board, manager and the player himself".

"It was never our intention to let Gary go but we have made a decision which we believe is in the best interests of the club," he told the club's website.

"Gary has been a tremendous servant to the club but there comes a time in everyone's career when they have the opportunity to move on.

"Although I understand that this decision will be unpopular with many of our supporters, I would urge all of our fans to look long-termn towards our goal of reaching the Premiership within the next three years.

"This money will help manager Micky Adams to strengthen the squad and create a better team to get us there."

Shocked Shocked Shocked WHat the hell this is insane
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy Empty Re: Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy

Post by Hardrada Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 pm

Yaya toure was £3 million !!!!!!!

i realise hes not a striker, but still Doh
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy Empty Re: Birmingham are mad 4 mill for this guy

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Yikes

Why? why the hell would they do that?

McSheffrey is average at best and they already have Forscell, Bendtner, Jerome and that guy from brentford!

What a waste!
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:05 pm

Typical Bruce.

Why he's still being given money to spend is beyond me. Why he's still at the club is even more puzzling.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:08 pm

Heh. Just to put this transfer into perspective: That's roughly the same sum we paid for Diego, a world class prospect.

The prices in the English league(s) are just insane.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:08 pm

Because English fans are paying ridiculous entry fees English clubs have money to burn.

What you see here is the result of that...
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Hardrada wrote:Yaya toure was £3 million !!!!!!!

i realise hes not a striker, but still Doh

yaya toure 3 mill
    senna possibly 3.5 mill
    park 2.5 mill
    van persie 2.5 mill
    mcsheffy 4 mill Laugh guy is 24 and never done much insane
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:11 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Heh. Just to put this transfer into perspective: That's roughly the same sum we paid for Diego, a world class prospect.

The prices in the English league(s) are just insane.

Have you ever seen McSheffrey - the guy is Championship standard and IMO worth no more than £1m! Shocked

Bruce is an idiot! I've lost all faith in him now
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:14 pm

I was hoping that Forsell and Bendtner would forge a very good partnership, just because he has the justify his price tag this McSheffrey will definetely start for them.

Silly money for a player who in reality is no better than Jon Stead Yikes
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:22 pm

you wouldn't catch certain other birmingham clubs wasting money like that (no mention of £6m for balaban, £9.5m for angel or £7m for collymore please)

that does seem weird though. especially as presumably they're going for promotion and they keep shelling out on players unproven at the top (jerome, dj campbell, now mcsheffery). would've thought they'd be wanting to strengthen midfield rather than upfront also.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Blut,

its all relative- clubs have more money in england than in germany to spend,so transfers between english clubs is often inflated.

Its no different to the fact that in england EVERYTHING is overpriced. A packet of cigarettes is now £5.50. In Hungary its 90p.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:26 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:Blut,

its all relative- clubs have more money in england than in germany to spend,so transfers between english clubs is often inflated.

Its no different to the fact that in england EVERYTHING is overpriced. A packet of cigarettes is now £5.50. In Hungary its 90p.

But a lot of that is due to tax, 2 mill for this guy would be overpriced 4 is bloody lunacy
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:26 pm

And a pint in London is £3!
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:41 pm

but mcsheffrey played in midfield for coventry on the weekend, 4m quid is madness he´s v average and did not stand out v us, if anything he was one of their worse players
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:46 pm

The Real White Pele wrote:Blut,

That's why I mentioned an international transfer, just to put things into perspective. Diego moved from Porto to us. It was not a Bundesliga transfer.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:47 pm

City bought:

Isaksson - £2m
    Trabelsi - Free
    Dabo - Free
    Hamann - Free
    Corradi - £1m
    Dickov - Free

Total £3m

Brum bought:

McSheffery - £4m
    Jerome - £3m
    Jaidi - £2m
    Kelly - £800k

Total £9.8m

Well done big nose. Laugh
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:51 pm

bruce has wasted 10m quid, i cannot believe he still has a job after last year, he must have made as many transfers as anybody over the last 4-5 years always buying and selling strikers
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:56 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:bruce has wasted 10m quid, i cannot believe he still has a job after last year, he must have made as many transfers as anybody over the last 4-5 years always buying and selling strikers

He really knows how to splash the cash, he is under even more pressure now to go up.
    Mulletmassive
    Mulletmassive

Number of posts : 241

Post by Mulletmassive Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:57 pm

Axeslammer ! wrote:Because English fans are paying ridiculous entry fees English clubs have money to burn.

What you see here is the result of that...

It is ridiculas what English club charges for tickets. Its not that the fans wantt to pay this much, but we are forced by the money grabbing idiots than run the clubs.

I really thought last year that things may change because of the low attendance figures at the beginning of the season, but that thought vanished.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm

goat - i´d predict a feb/march sacking of bruce.
    E.M.
    E.M.

Number of posts : 323
    Favourite Player : Young Athlete
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:05 pm

oh my god just got in from training and saw Brum have just signed McSheffery if Bruce wants a replacement for Pennant he should of waited until the next Transfer window in the new year.

He would of got player younger and more cheaper for around 500k

oh well his loss affraid
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:25 pm

E.M. wrote:oh my god just got in from training and saw Brum have just signed McSheffery if Bruce wants a replacement for Pennant he should of waited until the next Transfer window in the new year.

He would of got player younger and more cheaper for around 500k

oh well his loss affraid

Training, who do you play for ?
    E.M.
    E.M.

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Free Agent at the Moment but have trials/visits lined up at a various Championship,L1/L2/Conference Clubs was meant to go back to Watford this summer but that got scrapped because the agent who i am gambling on to help me thought Watford wouldnt be a good option no more cos they became an EPL Club but they have just signed a player who was back up at Brighton Shocked but fair play to him and i hope he does very well.

Training, who do you play for ?
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:43 pm

E.M

That player is Albert Jarrett, I have been informed from a good source that he has a terrible attitude and rebels against any form of authority. I could'nt understand why Watford went for him, he could'nt get in the Brighton team or even the Swindon side where he was on loan lasts season.

He has great potential though, and is one of the most trickiest wingers I have seen at a youth level, maybe Boothroyd can get the best out of him.
    E.M.
    E.M.

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Cesc? ru the one who's mate trains with Samba? Cool .

did u hear what Mark McGee had to say about Jarrett Shocked Shocked .

Brighton boss Mark McGhee believes his Watford counterpart Adrian Boothroyd will end up disappointed if he decides to take a chance on winger Albert Jarrett.

The 21-year-old struggled to impress during his two years with the Seagulls, but looks set to get the opportunity to play Premiership football in the coming season after impressing as a trialist in Watford's 2-1 friendly win against Chievo on Sunday.

ADRIAN BOOTHROYD "Watford are considering taking Albert on a free transfer and if they do it will be for the same reasons we took him on two years ago," said McGhee.

"When he first came here, for the first couple of weeks he looked as if he had something really different about him.

"He had explosive pace and could cross the ball with his left foot, but we haven't seen that since he signed.

"Watford have taken him up there and have seen the same things. It doesn't surprise me but it will be in the longer term that we'll see whether with what happened here the penny will drop."
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Thats me, changed my name slightly Cool

Those comments hardly surprise me....................
    E.M.
    E.M.

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Cesc u heard Goma signed for Woking? whats the latest on Samba/Your Mate?.

what Type of Winger is Jarrett? Lennon Type or Ronaldo Type?
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 pm

god he could have brought freddy eastwood for that money

and much better player/prospect
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:04 pm

From what I know Goma is on Wokings books, but not officially as he has not yet signed a contract with them. He can still play in games though, I imagine he will sign soon.

I know nothing regarding Samba and my friend is still having trials here and there.

Jarrett is like a Jermaine Pennant/ Arron Lennon, SERIOUSLY quick and skilful on the flank and can beat a man with ease
    E.M.
    E.M.

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:08 pm

is your friend signed with Mr Gerber?

what position does he play? what would u say his strengths were?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:34 pm