Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Sheffield gunner
blutgraetsche
Deano
7 posters

italia 0-2 croatia

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

italia 0-2 croatia Empty italia 0-2 croatia

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:50 pm

the italia reserves are being soundly beaten
    Deano
    Deano

italia 0-2 croatia Empty Re: italia 0-2 croatia

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:56 pm

4 sampdoria players in the starting 11 too. looks like we are in for a great season Doh
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:59 pm

Who scored for Croatia? I hope Klasnic did.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:00 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Who scored for Croatia? I hope Klasnic did.

Da Eduardo and Luka Modric
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:01 pm

lol, thats my excuse. brazilians are playing against us.

i dont know what donadoni is thinking. he is playing gennaro delvecchio who hasnt even hardly played for sampdoria!
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:02 pm

Cheers Sheffield gunner. Would have liked him to score, would have gave him confidence for the match against Leverkusen on Saturday.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:03 pm

i dare say he wll score mate. from what i can gather the italia reserves are poor.
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Hardrada Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:03 pm

What's the team?

Are any of Liverani, Gobbi or Pasqual playing ?

Pasqual must be.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Hardrada wrote:What's the team?

Are any of Liverani, Gobbi or Pasqual playing ?

Pasqual must be.

amelia
    zenoni
    falcone
    terlizzi
    chiellini
    delvecchio
    liverani
    ambrosini
    esposito>>>off for semioli
    Very Happy
    lucarelli
    rocchi
    Hardrada

Post by Hardrada Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:07 pm

oh ffs

Pasqual >>>>>> Chiellini
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:08 pm

hes on the bench mate

we also have di michele,di natale and carraciollo on the bench
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Hardrada wrote:oh ffs

Pasqual >>>>>> Chiellini

I concur.

Also...

Death > Liverani
    Brighi > Ambrosini
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:12 pm

palombo and di michele on for liverani and rocchi

5 samp players on now Very Happy
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:19 pm

lucarelli off for caraciollo
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:28 pm

ambrosini off for gobbi
    Hardrada

Post by Hardrada Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:52 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:ambrosini off for gobbi

cheers

Palombo is a Viola youth product...
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 pm

palombo is a samp dude!

we lost 2-0. ah well 50,000 fans who turned up wont be happy
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:10 pm

What a disgusting line up... has donadoni gone mad???

I could make a better starting XI than that!!!

I fear for Italy....
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:12 pm

bluenine wrote:What a disgusting line up... has donadoni gone mad???

I could make a better starting XI than that!!!

I fear for Italy....

i havent a clue what the fuck he is playing at

i havent even seen gennaro delvecchio play for samp yet hes playing for italy!!

sack him now, appoint me! i'll bring in fiore Cool
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:26 pm

FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

Did any of you WATCH this game?!!! Doh

Did you understand the CONTEXT behind this fixture?

I suspect not. Laugh

Oh dear, our FOURTH team loses 2-0 to Croatia. Quick! Sack Donadoni, Azzurri finished, Italy crap etc etc.

The result is NOT a disaster, this is a meaningless game 'given' to Donadoni and staged in Livorno for 'political' reasons, an effort to 'reclaim' the South, and it backfired spectacularly tonight!

Fortunately, this organised 'protest' that the Livoron ULTRAS had been promising for the last week didn't materialise although the atmosphere was cold and edgy.

As regard the game, well of course it was a ridiculous poor line-up and squad, we knew this before the squad was even announced, why the surprise? Donadoni's REAL first match and test comes against Lithuania and France - THEN we can start to judge him, i.e. when he has the full players at his disposal.

As regard the game, well we were simply caught out on the break. We weren't outplayed, in fact we were unlucky and wasteful of our chances.

Rocchi missed a few chances early in the match and should have done better but looked sharp, ditto Lucarelli. Rocchi hits the bar, Rocchi misses a one on one versus the Croatia keeper etc. Croatia took the lead from a Brazillian ????? That was Liverani's fault anyway.

Srna was a DISGRACE all evening and was incredibly fortunate thanks to the referee to saty on the pitch. Two disgusting tackles on Del Vecchio.

Amelia's reflexes were as good as ever, his handling though was very suspect and led to Modric's goal before halftime.

Again in the second half we were good in patches, again wasting a number of chances through Lucarelli and were perhaps lucky not to conceed further. Semioli looked lively and frequently looked to deliver into the box, unfortunately with no results.

It was not nice to lose our record, but it was a meaningless match, we have FOUR STARS on our shirt, something no other European nation can boast and i wouldn't swap one of those stars for a 4-0 win over Greece or a win tonight.

Let's judge Donadoni AFTER our two qualifiers, and let's also for those Anglo-Italian fans who come from outside the country try to understand the historical context of inherent Italian problems - the North/South divide and regional attitudes to La Nazionale, i can assure you that nobody in Italy really gives a toss about this result, most only care when the team reaches a semi-final, the reaction on here has been laughable.

Fellow Azzurrini, i am disappointed in you this evening, Embarassed
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:23 pm

of course we are over reacting a bit.... but did Donadoni have to play his 4th team???

Why couldn't he give experience to some more of the promising players?? In this line up, the only ones who probably deserved being tested in a friendly were Amelia, Chiellini, Terlizzi, Semioli, Lucarelli and Esposito...

thats it.

shocking.

What about Pasqual, Tavano, Bovo, Miccoli, Maresca, Brighi, etc??? Wouldn't it have been nice if they had a game for the azzurri under their belts?? Guys who can actually play for the Azzurri startin XI??

The friendlies may be meaningless in terms of result, but they are NOT pointless!!

Pirlo wrote:FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

I suspect not. Laugh

Oh dear, our FOURTH team loses 2-0 to Croatia. Quick! Sack Donadoni, Azzurri finished, Italy crap etc etc.

The result is NOT a disaster, this is a meaningless game 'given' to Donadoni and staged in Livorno for 'political' reasons, an effort to 'reclaim' the South, and it backfired spectacularly tonight!

Fortunately, this organised 'protest' that the Livoron ULTRAS had been promising for the last week didn't materialise although the atmosphere was cold and edgy.

As regard the game, well of course it was a ridiculous poor line-up and squad, we knew this before the squad was even announced, why the surprise? Donadoni's REAL first match and test comes against Lithuania and France - THEN we can start to judge him, i.e. when he has the full players at his disposal.

As regard the game, well we were simply caught out on the break. We weren't outplayed, in fact we were unlucky and wasteful of our chances.

Rocchi missed a few chances early in the match and should have done better but looked sharp, ditto Lucarelli. Rocchi hits the bar, Rocchi misses a one on one versus the Croatia keeper etc. Croatia took the lead from a Brazillian ????? That was Liverani's fault anyway.

Srna was a DISGRACE all evening and was incredibly fortunate thanks to the referee to saty on the pitch. Two disgusting tackles on Del Vecchio.

Amelia's reflexes were as good as ever, his handling though was very suspect and led to Modric's goal before halftime.

Again in the second half we were good in patches, again wasting a number of chances through Lucarelli and were perhaps lucky not to conceed further. Semioli looked lively and frequently looked to deliver into the box, unfortunately with no results.

It was not nice to lose our record, but it was a meaningless match, we have FOUR STARS on our shirt, something no other European nation can boast and i wouldn't swap one of those stars for a 4-0 win over Greece or a win tonight.

Let's judge Donadoni AFTER our two qualifiers, and let's also for those Anglo-Italian fans who come from outside the country try to understand the historical context of inherent Italian problems - the North/South divide and regional attitudes to La Nazionale, i can assure you that nobody in Italy really gives a toss about this result, most only care when the team reaches a semi-final, the reaction on here has been laughable.

Forza It

Post by Forza It Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:07 am

Pirlo wrote:FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

I suspect not. Laugh

Yes most people who can read Italian OR have a handle on Italian history/regional issues are privy to what you are saying. And I am sure people understood the "CONTEXT" as well. Everyone reacts differently to sitautions. Maybe you or I did not read too much into the game but that doesen't dictate other reactions.

Some over-reacted but so did you with this post.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:52 am

By Scottish Logic (ie "remember 1967!"),

Croatia are World Champions.

Well done Croatia!
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:51 am

bluenine wrote:of course we are over reacting a bit.... but did Donadoni have to play his 4th team???

Why couldn't he give experience to some more of the promising players?? In this line up, the only ones who probably deserved being tested in a friendly were Amelia, Chiellini, Terlizzi, Semioli, Lucarelli and Esposito...

thats it.

shocking.

What about Pasqual, Tavano, Bovo, Miccoli, Maresca, Brighi, etc??? Wouldn't it have been nice if they had a game for the azzurri under their belts?? Guys who can actually play for the Azzurri startin XI??

The friendlies may be meaningless in terms of result, but they are NOT pointless!!

I agree wholeheartedly with that. I rate Donadoni and I certainly don't want him sacked. I just question his wisdom in selecting the likes of Ambrosini and Liverani when there were more impressive, younger options available.

Pirlo,

was there any reason why no one from the world cup squad (bar Amelia) wasn't selected. Was he just giving them a break or were they just unavailable?
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:34 am

Obispo wrote:
    bluenine wrote:of course we are over reacting a bit.... but did Donadoni have to play his 4th team???

thats it.

shocking.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. I rate Donadoni and I certainly don't want him sacked. I just question his wisdom in selecting the likes of Ambrosini and Liverani when there were more impressive, younger options available.

Pirlo,

was there any reason why no one from the world cup squad (bar Amelia) wasn't selected. Was he just giving them a break or were they just unavailable?

Many players have just returned from vacation and some are not in the best condition. Some are indeed unavaliable and I also think Milan did not want to release the likes of Pirlo etc. because of the game against Red Star coming up. I am pretty sure Donadoni understood that.

I think Donadoni used this match solely as an experiment. Maybe about 3-4 of these outfield players will make it to the squad.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:24 pm

My only fear is that this squad represented what Donadoni thinks is the second squad of Italy (after the 22 players from Lippi's WC squad)... if that is true, then we have a problem...

Many of the talented players who couldn't make it to Lippi's squad either due to form/lack of experience/tactical reasons were not in Donadoni's squad either.... some of those names I mentioned eirlier... that scares me!

But it also could be that Donadoni did not want to call foriegn based players (Cassano, Miccoli, Maresca, etc) and some of the players who were at a critical point of the transfer market (Tavano, Fiore, etc) for a small friendly... if thats teh case, we are ok... of not, then these represent the talent of Italy in Donadoni's eyes and we are in real trouble.

Another shocker... Chiellini played the whole game over Pasqual... surely they both should ve played a half!!

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    Obispo wrote:

thats it.

shocking.

Pirlo,

Many players have just returned from vacation and some are not in the best condition. Some are indeed unavaliable and I also think Milan did not want to release the likes of Pirlo etc. because of the game against Red Star coming up. I am pretty sure Donadoni understood that.

I think Donadoni used this match solely as an experiment. Maybe about 3-4 of these outfield players will make it to the squad.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 pm

Croatia are no puishovers though, so its not exactly an !embarrassing" scoreline to lose 2-0 with second string
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:34 pm

If it were the second string, I wouldn't ve minded... this was not even that... this had most players who wouldn't make second string...

The Real White Pele wrote:Croatia are no puishovers though, so its not exactly an !embarrassing" scoreline to lose 2-0 with second string
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Firslty, apologies to anybody if i have overreacted.

It is not worrying, this was more a 3rd/4th string Azzurri, the REAL test is against Lithuania and France with our REAL players.

Liverani's performance BAR the stupid crass error for Croatias goal was a positive, he was really our only creative piece of influence and created many chances.

Chiellini is not ready yet, i agree this was a step too far - there is no point bringing Pasqual and then not playing him.

@ OBI

Regarding the World Cup players, it was stated as soon as Donadoni took charge that NONE would be called up for reasons of recuperation and involvement in pre-season Euro qualifiers i.e Milan.

Ditto, as Bluenine says, those involved in transfers were not called either, nor was Cassano, but this is not a surprise because as Capello has indicated he is a fat waste of space at the moment and needs to stop muching the sweets and fizzy cola.

Lucarelli and Amelia were POLITICAL inclusions especially in the current and historical environment in Livorno and the old 'southern' problems rearing up after the World Cup, it is easy to understand why they were included in the squad.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 pm

still a match though, what the fuck is the point of playing a team of players who are unlikely to play for italy in the near future. there is no point to it. basically it was a chance for donadoni to play his best players and play about with the tactics he likes. he wasted that chance and now we go into a qualifier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am