Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Sheffield gunner
blutgraetsche
Deano
7 posters

italia 0-2 croatia

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

italia 0-2 croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: italia 0-2 croatia

Post by bluenine Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:03 am

Lucarelli and Amelia probably merited their places as well... wish I could say that about some of the mediocre has-beens that were on the park... it might have been a better idea to play some of the too-young generation (like Palladino, Montolivo, Rossi, etc) - at least they could have gotten some encouragement outta this...

but I stick to what I said earlier... the real "hopefuls" should ve been given this opportunity...

Pirlo wrote:Firslty, apologies to anybody if i have overreacted.

It is not worrying, this was more a 3rd/4th string Azzurri, the REAL test is against Lithuania and France with our REAL players.

Liverani's performance BAR the stupid crass error for Croatias goal was a positive, he was really our only creative piece of influence and created many chances.

Chiellini is not ready yet, i agree this was a step too far - there is no point bringing Pasqual and then not playing him.

@ OBI

Regarding the World Cup players, it was stated as soon as Donadoni took charge that NONE would be called up for reasons of recuperation and involvement in pre-season Euro qualifiers i.e Milan.

Ditto, as Bluenine says, those involved in transfers were not called either, nor was Cassano, but this is not a surprise because as Capello has indicated he is a fat waste of space at the moment and needs to stop muching the sweets and fizzy cola.

Lucarelli and Amelia were POLITICAL inclusions especially in the current and historical environment in Livorno and the old 'southern' problems rearing up after the World Cup, it is easy to understand why they were included in the squad.
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

italia 0-2 croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: italia 0-2 croatia

Post by Hardrada Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 am

@bluenine (very off-topic)

I need your ligue 1 prediction for this week ok

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:41 pm