Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Scottish Football

EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Scottish Football Empty Scottish Football

Post by EMP Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 am

Does anyone follow Scottish football, or know anything about it? I am going there next week, so won't be posting from Friday for about ten days. I will be going to see Motherwell v Kilmarnock and St. Mirren v Rangers. I might also be going to Celtic v Motherwell.

For those of you who don't know there was a racist incident at Motherwell recently, but the club are doing and have done a lot about it. I will be finding out a fair bit about it while there. It would be outrageous if they are punished for it as there ois no history of racism, no link to the club and the club has done a lot to get to the bottom of it.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Scottish Football Empty Re: Scottish Football

Post by Calidad Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:07 pm

You should go and watch the Brazil of Scottish football (Hibs) There is the Edinburgh derby this weekend, but it is sold out.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

So you'll be supporting the Killies then Wink

Celtic V Motherwell would be well worth going to see if only for the atmosphere - you're certainly not be seeing any joga bonito at any of the matches - though McGeady for Cletic is pretty flamboyant
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Alright mate i know a decent amount about Scottish football. I think you will have a good time, the Old Firm teams always take a lot of fans and create a good atmosphere. If you go to the games you mention you will see a great contrast in grounds as Celtic park is a great ground, whilst Fir Park and St Mirren Park (yes it is actually called that) are pretty small.

Rangers and Celtic obviously have some big name players to see. St Mirren's best play is ohn Sutton (Chris's bro) and Motherwell have a young forward called Scott Mcdonald that is pretty highly rated.

Hope this helps .
    monty
    monty

Number of posts : 288
    Supports : Kilmarnock, Chelsea and Kaiserslautern
    Favourite Player : Michael Ballack
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

Post by monty Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Hope you will supporting Killie mate. Yeah Motherwell's ground isn't one of the nicest in the league, I like Tynecastle myself. Look out for a young forward called Steve Naismith of Kilmarnock. He was on trial at Arsenal in August. McDonald of Motherwell is a good player tho it looks as tho he will be off to Celtic or Rangers in the summer.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Thanks for the replies. They are very helpful. I will keep an eye out for the players that you mention. Still not sure if I will get to see Celtic, but if not will have to do it next season. Will have to see Hibbs next season. Sure I will enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:53 pm