Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Arnaud loves Catherine
Kimbo
Sheffield gunner
christmasborocooper
Tweesus
Parks lives
S4P
11 posters

Rate your manager

S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Rate your manager Empty Rate your manager

Post by S4P Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:24 pm

In terms of his performance this season, and given the crisis you may have had with injuries, how do you think your manager has done so far this season.

Jose Mourinho (A-) - Given the fact we were missing our no.1 goalkeeper for half the season, our first choice CB for a large period of time and our most skillful player for virtually the entire season, I think that to still have a chance of winning 4 trophies this season is an unbelieveable achievement. Yeah, people may bang on about the money the club has, but if you look at the determination of the players (see Spurs, Porto, Barcelona) it really is something special, something Jose has installed in them. Yeah he upsets people, but this season he's done a tremendous job. I said I'd happily give up the Prem title for the CL this season, and that may well end up happening. From here on, I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't win 1 out of the remaining 3 competitions, and preferably 2.

How do you think your managers done? Ale
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Rate your manager Empty Re: Rate your manager

Post by Parks lives Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 pm

A++
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:26 pm

C - we seem to have stagnated and we threw away three competitions in the space of two weeks; however, I have faith in the man and I think that with a few tweaks we might well do a Utd next season
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:29 pm

D/E

At times has got us playing some good football..nice attacking football...but other times comes across as a bit of a gormless bullshitter who tells us we've played well when we havent. Has now left us with a dodgy run in...lose a couple of games and we could go down. Needs to sort it out, needs to get the players more motivated, needs to stop buying shit players, needs to stop chasing after unknown South Koreans for the whole of the transfer window only to hardly ever play him. Needs to stop playing central midfielders on the right..or right backs as wingers.

Alot of things need to be improved upon, has alot to learn.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Based on this season I would give Wenger a C+.

We've disappointed again this season, and Wenger has to take a lot of the responsibilty because of his transfer policy and some poor tactical decisions.

On the other hand we should still finish in the top 4 and we have suffered badly from injuries yet again this season. With Henry, Gallas, van Persie etc., fit all season then maybe we might have had a better season.

Definitely need big improvements next season though.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:31 pm

borocooper wrote:D/E

At times has got us playing some good football..nice attacking football...but other times comes across as a bit of a gormless bullshitter who tells us we've played well when we havent.

An exact replica of McClaren then?

I hate manager's that bullshit like that, the fans want some sincerity, not to hear that 'they played well but were unlucky' when they get shat all over

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

B-

Threw away our chances in the domestic cups, and we've lost loads of silly away points, but we're still in the champions league, and we're fantastic at home. Disappointed with our league form this season, but he hasn't done badly.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Glenn Roeder - F

We haven't improved under him at all, we find ourselves in the exact same position as we were under Souness. He gives everyone games just to keep them happy. He's tactically inept. He can't motivate players. He's been poor in the tranfer market. His team selection is nearly always shite. And he fucked up in both the FA and UEFA Cups. <Ale>
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    borocooper wrote:D/E

At times has got us playing some good football..nice attacking football...but other times comes across as a bit of a gormless bullshitter who tells us we've played well when we havent.

An exact replica of McClaren then?

I hate manager's that bullshit like that, the fans want some sincerity, not to hear that 'they played well but were unlucky' when they get shat all over

It would appear so at the moment...he started out better than this..not giving us any of this shite. Now he's coming out with it though, "we deserve something" "we're playing some good football" we've won 1 game away all season and it's not fucking good enough. He needs to come out and say it.
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Number of posts : 1071
    Supports : PSG
    Favourite Player : C.Ronaldo.Gerrard
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Kimbo wrote:Glenn Roeder - F

We haven't improved under him at all, we find ourselves in the exact same position as we were under Souness. He gives everyone games just to keep them happy. He's tactically inept. He can't motivate players. He's been poor in the tranfer market. His team selection is nearly always shite. And he fucked up in both the FA and UEFA Cups. <Ale>
    Kimbo mate...I told you many times to not doubt about Glenn.At West Ham he was amazing the first season:At the beggining a crisis but then they were uperb and finished 5th (their record at the time)and the season after he had to sold his best players and WH was in crisis cos their president refused to spent money!

So far he is doing a good job with Newcastle but all his best players are injured.He needs to spend money on the good defenders and then everything will be great for the Toons.I have seen he refused to sign a sh!t defender from Ukraine during the winter break:Just prove he doesn't want to buy poor players just for fun.He prefers quality to quantity unlike for ex managers.Next season Newcastle in the top 4 and you'll change your mind <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm

A+
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Doll at HSV: C--

Stevens at HSV : A-

Schaaf at Bremen: C+

-------------

EPL

Wenger: C --

Benitez: C

Mourniho: C+

-------------

La Liga

Schuster: A++
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:45 pm

B:Le Guen.I know i'm not welcome with my FRENCH club and my french manager but i don't care.I decide to break the rules and to talk about Paulo.At least him was an ex player of my club and knows how it works there.i like the fact he doesn't talk a lot and he very modest.PSG had great results when he came 2 months ago but then it was defeats after defeats (in the league+in cups).Strangly we even were 20th yesterday but with a miracle we won at Lens(2nd)away!

Just after the euphory of this victory i give him a B and hope he'll have a serious chance at paris <Ale>
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:47 pm

Who said you're not welcome arnaud? scratch

You can rate any manager of any club, not just EPL teams.
    Arnaud loves Catherine
    Arnaud loves Catherine

Post by Arnaud loves Catherine Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:50 pm

S4P2 wrote:Who said you're not welcome arnaud? scratch

It's the premiership board and we all know dirty foreigners like Otto,Puro and me aren't welcome to give our views.Very nice from you S4P mate to accept us for this thread.Who said the english can't stand the french ? <Ale>
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Otto , may I ask why you choose those clubs?
    Arnaud , you are always welcome mate.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:52 pm

You can do post whatever you like Arnaud , some will like it some wont thats the way it is.
    S4P
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Arnaud is beautiful wrote:
    S4P2 wrote:Who said you're not welcome arnaud? scratch

It's the premiership board and we all know dirty foreigners like Otto,Puro and me aren't welcome to give our views.Very nice from you S4P mate to accept us for this thread.Who said the english can't stand the french ? <Ale>

The only reason I put it on the Prem board is because I thought it would attract more attention than it would on the European Leagues board. Ale
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:59 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United FC) - A+++

the extra + is for the double against Liverpool.
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Paulo Bento - C

Very young coach that inspires young players and old colleagues. I big heart, a clear vision, but to be honest, we aren't playing good football (with some exceptions).

Good with discipline and launching youth talent... bold in his decisions... but weak tactically, in football system and I suspect training.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:56 am

Rijkaard - B. Some strange decisions when chasing big matches, but it's tough to say whether he's at fault for our failure in every important match this season, or the players' poor physical condition made it impossible no matter what he did.

Otto, I would downgrade Schuster's grade a bit. Once again his team have started choking late in the season - Getafe have struggled recently and just can't seem to get to that 40 point mark. On current form I'm much less worried about playing them in the semis of the Copa del Rey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:13 pm