Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
theflyingfrenchman
Kimbo
Tweesus
7 posters

Predicted Premiership Team of the Season

L r d

Predicted Premiership Team of the Season Empty Predicted Premiership Team of the Season

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:44 pm

Might aswell... They did it on Football Focus early.

1) Predict the team that you feel the FA will announce as the team of the season come April

2) Predict the "surprise players XI" - no more than 2 players per club.

FA Team of the Season

- - - - - - - - - Reina
    Neville - Carragher - Terry - Cole
    - Gerrard - Makelele - Carrick
    - - - - - - - - Rooney
    - - - Shevchenko - Henry

Not many surprises. I'm going by my prediction that Liverpool will win the league, obviously, hence Reina's inclusion.

Surpise XI*

- - - - - - - Jaaskaleinen
    Johnson - Nelsen - Djourou - Gardener (again!)
    Valencia - Mullins - Rochemback - Thompson
    - - - - - - - Berbatov - Ameobi

* no newly promoted players for the simple reason that I rarely watch the championship, so it would be unfair for me to guess who well they'll do. Most people seem to think that Lita, Kitson, Young, King, Jagielka, Tonge et al will do ok though...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Predicted Premiership Team of the Season Empty Re: Predicted Premiership Team of the Season

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Is this what WE think will be the team of the seaso or what we expect the FA to choose?
    L r d

Predicted Premiership Team of the Season Empty Re: Predicted Premiership Team of the Season

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Tweedledum wrote:Is this what WE think will be the team of the seaso or what we expect the FA to choose?

The FA.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:50 pm

VDS
    Eboue
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Heinze
    Ronaldo
    Cesc
    Lampard
    Cole, J
    Sheva
    Henry
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:03 pm

Well the FA know fuck all so...

----------------Cech-----------------

Eboue--Terry--Carragher--Heinze

Gerrard--Lampard--Ballack--J.Cole

----------Rooney--Henry-----------

There'll probably be a couple non-top 4 players in there, no Given because he probably won't have to save 100 shots a game this season i expect him to be ignored. ok

Surprise XI

----------------Kirkland---------------

Rosenior--Meite--Campbell--M.Taylor

Valencia--Bowyer--Sidwell--THE ZOG*

------------Ameobi--Kitson------------

*Obviously won't be a surprise to people on here, but your average fan doesn't have a fecking clue about him. I've been berated for mentioning him in the same sentence as Aaron "No end product" Lennon. MADNESS!!!

I think Kirkland could land himself the England #1 top this season, great save from a Parker shot today. Could be a TOP leeper. Valencia gave Baba the shits today, not difficult i know, one of Wigans best players.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    *Obviously won't be a surprise to people on here, but your average fan doesn't have a fecking clue about him. I've been berated for mentioning him in the same sentence as Aaron "No end product" Lennon. MADNESS!!!

Part of the reason I didn't put him in. Most people on here, expect to do well. Even those of us who aren't too keen on Newcastle *cough*. I was tempted by Ameobi too, but I just think he'll have a barren run of 2-3 months somewhere along the line. He always seems to look like fufilling his potential, then trails off.

Same with Kirkland. If he's not injured by the new year I'll be shocked.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:07 pm

By the way, Meite is shit Wink
    theflyingfrenchman
    theflyingfrenchman

Number of posts : 4290
    Supports : BWFC, France, Rennes, Auxerre, Lorient
    Favourite Player : Diouf, Anelka, Diagne-Faye, Henry, Toulalan
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by theflyingfrenchman Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Kimbo wrote:

lennon is such a waster. Pacy and that's it. Today, he couldn't even get past Vaz Té, which says a lot in my opinion.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Part of the reason I didn't put him in. Most people on here, expect to do well. Even those of us who aren't too keen on Newcastle *cough*. I was tempted by Ameobi too, but I just think he'll have a barren run of 2-3 months somewhere along the line. He always seems to look like fufilling his potential, then trails off.

Same with Kirkland. If he's not injured by the new year I'll be shocked.

Edit. Seems I've actually put Ameobi in anyways. *shakes head*... I need to lay down sometimes, I swear.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 pm

Henry won't get in.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:17 pm

----------Cech--------

Eboue-Terry-Toure-Heinze

Gerrard-Lampard-Makelele-Gonzalez

-------Henry-Shevchenko--------
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Henry won't get in.

We're talking about the FA's predicted team. Anything over 15 goals - which he will get, even if he isn't at his best - and he'll make it IMHO.

Nice to see you've got González in there S4P Cool
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Obispo wrote:Nice to see you've got González in there S4P Cool

I think he needs time to settle in, but within a month or 2, he'll be one of your best players.

Although I think Gerrard was poor today, your midfield looks much better now with genuine pace down both flanks
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:22 pm

My team would be;

Cech (gk)
    Eboue (rb)
    Ferdinand (cb)
    Terry (cb)
    Cole (lb) either for Arsenal or Chelsea

Makelele(cdm)
    Gonzalez sp* (lw)
    Lennon (rw)
    Ballack (cm)

Sheva (st)
    Henry (st)

*Though i find it hard to believe the FA will not leave Rooney out even if he has a bad season, a good season then yeah he should be.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:27 pm

FA would never chose Ferdinand.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:FA would never chose Ferdinand.

Fucking idiots then. Rio>Carragher.

-------------------- Cech

------- Terry ------ Rio ------ Carragher

Ronaldo ----- Gerrard --- Carrick ---- J Cole

--------- Sheva --- Rooney --- Henry

There'd have to find away to fit in Sheva, Rooney and Henry.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:02 pm

I think it will bw

----------------------Cech

-----Neville--------King----Terry-----Cole*

----Gerrard-----Lampard*----Carrick----J Cole

----------------Rooney-------Henry

*Depends how much playing time these will see.

Henry is the darling of the FA and if he scores more than 15 goals they'll chose him over Scheva, because Henry "tows" Arsenal and Scheva doesn't do that with Chelsea.
    Carrick wil get in for improving at ManU. Neville for being constant and leading United. King or Toure because FA doesn't like dopey Rio.

In fact, most players are shoe-ins: Rooney, Henry, Gerrard, Terry, J Cole

Perhaps I'm too cynical.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:06 pm

No your spot on.

I'm not sure about Joe Cole though, he's not as much as a fave as Terry, Gerrard, Rooney and Henry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:48 pm