Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Puro
mongrel hawk
Cesc Soler
Kimbo
Lard
Parks lives
Sgoater1
Deano
Jaime
Oleguerisntthatbad
Tweesus
Super Progress
debaser
Deluded F*ck™
Formerly known as sheva7
Calidad
COTR
bluenine
22 posters

The hunt for Cafu's successor

Poll

Who is the next Cafu for Brazil??

[ 3 ]
    The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_left11%The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_left22%The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 17 ]
    The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_left63%The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_left4%The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The hunt for Cafu's successor - Page 2 Empty Re: The hunt for Cafu's successor

Post by Deano Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 pm

England players are only not world class, due to the amount of criticism and bashing English players get on here, simply due to other countires having a dislike to England.

From what I have seen of all of them (apart from Ilsinho) Alves is by far the best.

Cicinho being the worst, How Cicinho and Cafu's successor can even go in the same sentence is beyond me...
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Kimbo wrote:Can't say i've ever been impressed by Cicinho, he looks bloody awful defensively. I wouldn't select him to play at RB for Newcastle, that's how bad he is. ok
    Even behind Steven Carr. Yikes
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu May 10, 2007 7:42 pm

1. Zanetti is NOT Italian.

2. "Every England player is not world class" could imply that a few are.

The only responses I see from you are pro-EPL and totally undermining everything to do with Serie A. And then stupid posts like this one... Are you saying that Neville was as good as Zanetti between 1995-99?? Just proves my point on how biased your opinion always is.

Tweedle wrote:Too young? I watched most of my football back then.

I know where your opinions lie, everything Italian is World Class, everything not isn't.

At least I manage to appreciate some Italian players but to come out with a comment like 'every England player is not world class' pretty much shows how Iti-centric and quite frankly worthless your views are
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu May 10, 2007 7:45 pm

I meant that not every england player is world class, as in the world of tweedy... only a few actually are.

Actually, due to the majority of epl fans here, most posters hype english player too much. Thats probably why the rest resort to England bashing.

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:England players are only not world class, due to the amount of criticism and bashing English players get on here, simply due to other countires having a dislike to England.

From what I have seen of all of them (apart from Ilsinho) Alves is by far the best.

Cicinho being the worst, How Cicinho and Cafu's successor can even go in the same sentence is beyond me...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 pm

By Italian I meant anyone in Serie A OR Italian - you have to admit you have a very biased opinion.

I actually personally think Italy DO have more WC players than england; 2 v 3. Neville isn't world class but he's been consistently good for about 10 years now, maybe more and personally I rate him up there wih Zambo and Zanetti.

I'm not pro-EPL - I'm just very anti-Roma, Inter and Juve.

During the Milan game I only had praise and was hardly making any biased comments.

Is there any game between a Serie A team and an EPL team that you'd support the EPL team in? I doubt it. As far as I know you've always wanted to see the EPL team crash and burn.

There are plenty of Serie A teams and players I like. you'd struggle to find anyone that hasn't hyped players like Bianchi, Luccarelli, Montolivo or even Kaka as much as I have.

bluenine wrote:1. Zanetti is NOT Italian.

The only responses I see from you are pro-EPL and totally undermining everything to do with Serie A. And then stupid posts like this one... Are you saying that Neville was as good as Zanetti between 1995-99?? Lets see how much football you actually saw during those days.

I know where your opinions lie, everything Italian is World Class, everything not isn't.

At least I manage to appreciate some Italian players but to come out with a comment like 'every England player is not world class' pretty much shows how Iti-centric and quite frankly worthless your views are
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Thu May 10, 2007 10:13 pm

you're fgorgetting that full-backs don't need to defend so much for Brazil as for Euro clubs. Brazil play with 2 DMs to give them freedom to attack. in 1994, for instance, Branco/Leonardo and Jorginho could attack alright because we had Dunga and Mauro Silva backing them up behind.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu May 10, 2007 10:33 pm

Both Cicinho and Mancini started their careers at my fav club so I used to watch them live regularly at the beginning of their careers. They were excellent offensively, but awful defensively. Simple as that.

Mancini scored 15 goals in less than 30 matches since becoming a midfielder. Ilsinho is too young and I'm sure hw will improve a lot, but right now he is even worse than Cicinho defensively.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu May 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Mauro Silva = Godfather on the pitch.
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu May 10, 2007 10:44 pm

TeamSpirit™ wrote:Mauro Silva = Godfather on the pitch.

I miss him. The sad thing is that Brazil is missing top defensive midfielders now. Edmilson, Emerson and Gilberto were very good, but they past their prime.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu May 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Right now Alves is a bit better than Maicon overall. Since this is about Brasil, and especially Dunga as coach, Maicon would be the ideal Cafú successor. Brasil is a juggernaut on offense, so I think Dunga may have a preference with the more reliable defender Maicon who isn't too shabby going forward himself. <Ale>
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Thu May 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Once Maicon scored a "Maradonian" goal against Paraguay in the Olympics qualifying,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphPjCKOBs8
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 10, 2007 11:41 pm

bluenine wrote:Exactly ok

You didn't vote?

Sgoater1 wrote:Alves is awsome but Maicon is simply the best alround out of the four player so my money will be on him. He's had an awsome season and the fact he has taken the right back spot of Javier Zanetti speaks volumes.

oh yeah, i always forget to vote.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri May 11, 2007 12:21 am

Good one <Ale>

What really impressed me about Maicon is the ease at which he slips past players - its amazing... he doesn't do any frills like Mancini/Alves, just goes right past players as if they don't exist...

Ideal successor for Zanetti!

sheva7 wrote:Once Maicon scored a "Maradonian" goal against Paraguay in the Olympics qualifying,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PphPjCKOBs8
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri May 11, 2007 12:43 am

Tweedy, whenever you get caught in an arguement, you start calling me biased and anti-english etc etc... Thats a characteristic of a WUM. I still haven't heard on what you thought about Neville during 1995-99, and whether he was better than Zanetti?? So I am asking for the 3rd time...

So let me respond in kind - I find you one of the most biased EPL posters out here... even when you are praising Milan, you are subtly defending ManU... little short of a WUM sometimes. You are more pro-EPL than any english commentator I have heard. You are so biased that you are deluded and start lying (probably unintentionally, I will give you the benefit of doubt)... go look at your squad of 23 world class players... you will find 3 English and 1 Italian... so stop lying and realise what you are.

Btw, there is nothing wrong in being biased, we all are to some extent or another. Of course I have a bias towards Inter players - they play for my team!! And about Italian players as well, I don't deny that. But most of my comments on Serie A are also an attempt to reduce the bias that exists on this EPL dominant MB. There are very few who represent the Serie A point of view here, and specially coz of WUMs like you, sometimes we have to exaggerate.

As for me being anti-english or never supporting EPL teams, thats such bull... go read my posts on the CL final. Yeah, I don't discuss much EPL here, coz I live in London and for that I have my mates here who are mostly EPL fans... yeah, I like to see ManU lose - as I have mentioned many times on this MB, its coz most of my mates follow them... but you will also find me usually backing Chelsea and Liverpool... I am sure your memory has blocked that out as usual.

Now you can go about calling me biased or any Cr@p you want... I will go back to discussing football.

Tweedle wrote:By Italian I meant anyone in Serie A OR Italian - you have to admit you have a very biased opinion.

I actually personally think Italy DO have more WC players than england; 2 v 3. Neville isn't world class but he's been consistently good for about 10 years now, maybe more and personally I rate him up there wih Zambo and Zanetti.

I'm not pro-EPL - I'm just very anti-Roma, Inter and Juve.

During the Milan game I only had praise and was hardly making any biased comments.

Is there any game between a Serie A team and an EPL team that you'd support the EPL team in? I doubt it. As far as I know you've always wanted to see the EPL team crash and burn.

There are plenty of Serie A teams and players I like. you'd struggle to find anyone that hasn't hyped players like Bianchi, Luccarelli, Montolivo or even Kaka as much as I have.

bluenine wrote:1. Zanetti is NOT Italian.

The only responses I see from you are pro-EPL and totally undermining everything to do with Serie A. And then stupid posts like this one... Are you saying that Neville was as good as Zanetti between 1995-99?? Lets see how much football you actually saw during those days.

Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 10:20 am

I'm hardly biased. If you bothered to read any of my posts on La liga you'd see that. One of my favourite players out there atm is Raul Garcia ffs, and I don't even think the EPL is the best league UNLIKE a lot of commentators and posters on here. If you're criticising me in any way then say I'm anti-serie A - but you are pro-Serie A. You're probably not so much anti-EPL but you don't even seem to rate La liga as highly as Serie A!

I just think Serie A is seriously overhyped, which it is. La liga is presently the strongest league, then the EPl, then Serie A

That 23 World Class squad doesn't include all the WC players, thats the difficulty of doing a WC squad and if I'm forced to choose then I'm likely to go for an EPL player because I can be more sure of their abilities.

anyway.... issue closed. Arsenal>>>inter wink
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri May 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Maicon ok

I've probably told you this before but his mum named him after the actor Michael Douglas after watching one of his films - Romancing the Stone or Jewel of the Nile I think:

Maicon Douglas Sisenando - I'm assuming Michael doesn't translate properly or something ?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuo7z_monacosochaux-mechant-but-de-maicon
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Fri May 11, 2007 10:22 pm

she was probably iliterale (at least in English) and wrote the name as it sounds in Portuguese. it's the same case of Deivid (his parents meant David, which sounds like Deivid in Portuguese).

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Maicon ok

I've probably told you this before but his mum named him after the actor Michael Douglas after watching one of his films - Romancing the Stone or Jewel of the Nile I think:

Maicon Douglas Sisenando - I'm assuming Michael doesn't translate properly or something ?

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Fri May 11, 2007 10:24 pm

No, his mother was ignorant and couldn't spell his name correctly.

You wouldn't believe me, but once I saw on TV a boy named Rolestone, his mother wanted to name him "Rolling Stone".
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Fri May 11, 2007 10:26 pm

sheva7 wrote:

You wouldn't believe me, but once I saw on TV a boy named Rolestone, his mother wanted to name him "Rolling Stone".

lol!

Is that pronounced how it sounds in English ?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Fri May 11, 2007 11:33 pm

I guess its pronounced 'roll-stone'
    Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 Sat May 12, 2007 3:14 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    sheva7 wrote:

lol!

Is that pronounced how it sounds in English ?

The E is different.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Sat May 19, 2007 8:55 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Maicon Douglas Sisenando - I'm assuming Michael doesn't translate properly or something ?

XD

My mother is a teacher, I remember the LMAO when she came back home and told me that in her class there were two new kids - two twins - a boy called Geiar and a girl called Suelle.

Which is how you people here in Tuscany spelt JR and Sue Ellen from the Dallas soap opera...

Back on topic, Oddo is the new Cafu
    XD
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Looks like Dunga has decided that Maicon is the successor... for now.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:37 pm

Good choice.
    OP9
    OP9

Number of posts : 1476
    Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
    Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
    Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 am

COTR wrote:not a bad choice they have though is it ??

england have richards and gary neville Wink

lol!
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:46 am

In which Gary is 30+ and M Richards best position is CB.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:39 am

Gary is good but Richards is Cr@p as a right back, no technical ability whatsoever

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:35 pm