Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tweesus
Di Caniooooo!
Machiavel
Deano
8 posters

MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal Empty MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal

Post by Deano Thu May 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Kia Joorabchian insists there was nothing 'shady' about Carlos Tevez's transfer to West Ham United.

The Iranian businessman's MSI group took the Argentine striker to Upton Park last August, but the deal has created a storm in the Premiership.

The Hammers were fined £5.5million regarding the deal, while Sheffield United have launched legal action after Tevez's goals kept the club in the top flight.

But Joorabchian is at pains to stress there was nothing underhand in the transfer and that it was simply the same as a player moving between clubs on loan.

"It was a situation similar to Alex Song going to Charlton, or Tim Howard to Everton, or Glen Johnson to Portsmouth," Joorabchian told the Daily Mail.

"We did everything right. The proof is in the pudding because nobody at the Premier League asked for me to go there and give evidence. They knew that we had behaved correctly.

"We used top lawyers, top accountants. We made sure everything was done. We've been involved in many other deals and didn't have a single problem.

"It wasn't a shady transfer. It wasn't a controversial transfer. It wasn't a strange transfer.

"It has been said of the old administration at West Ham that they had not presented the correct documents to the Premier League. I don't know, but whatever happened I'm sure could have been repaired to prevent all this controversy."

Regarding Tevez's future at Upton Park, Joorabchian is adamant a decision will be made by the club and the player, not MSI.

He added: "West Ham's board have to decide what their intentions are. Maybe they will think they want Carlos and build around him. Or maybe they will think that, for the money, they can buy four or five great players instead.

"We haven't held talks with any club, contrary to what you might have read. This morning it was Inter Milan for £25m, the other day it was Real Madrid for £30m. These stories are the work of fiction.

"He has a great affection for the club and the supporters. The decision on his future is his. He has been very happy there."

Magnusson better splash £25m on him...we have £45m to spend, we can still buy another 3/4 as well as selling players such as Harewood,Konchesky,Ferdinand etc...
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal Empty Re: MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal

Post by Machiavel Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 pm

So West Ham have to buy Tevez's contract from MSI ?
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal Empty Re: MSI: Hammers and Carlos will decide on Tevez deal

Post by Di Caniooooo! Thu May 17, 2007 1:06 pm

No they dont
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu May 17, 2007 1:24 pm

West Ham own Tevez, from what I've understood, though as part of the deal, MSI and Corithians would get a share of the transfer fee if he were to leave.

If I was Magnussen I certainly wouldn't sell him
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 17, 2007 1:56 pm

Why are the media putting a 40 milliion price tag on Teves BTW, a bit overboard if you ask me
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu May 17, 2007 1:57 pm

Luis wrote:Why are the media putting a 40 milliion price tag on Teves BTW, a bit overboard if you ask me

They were putting a £35m tag on Gerrard a couple of seasons ago.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu May 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Still don't think Tevez is good enough for Pool luis?
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Tweedle wrote:Still don't think Tevez is good enough for Pool luis?

He is good enough for pool, would I buy him for 40 milliion? not a chance in hell
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu May 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Luis wrote:

He is good enough for pool, would I buy him for 40 milliion? not a chance in hell

Its a paper figure. I expect that any offers coming in would be more around the £25m mark, though I doubt West ham want to let him go
    Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
    Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
    Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
    Registration date : 2007-03-01

Post by Knoblauch Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:

Its a paper figure. I expect that any offers coming in would be more around the £25m mark, though I doubt West ham want to let him go

West Ham don't have a say in whether he goes or stays. It'll be decided by Tevez and MSI. (Who own his «passe»)
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu May 17, 2007 2:39 pm

So if he did go for £25 million, how much do West Ham get?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu May 17, 2007 2:41 pm

no one knows...
    Knoblauch

Post by Knoblauch Thu May 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Nothing.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Thu May 17, 2007 10:28 pm

Johninho wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:
    Luis wrote:

West Ham don't have a say in whether he goes or stays. It'll be decided by Tevez and MSI. (Who own his «passe»)

Regarding Tevez's future at Upton Park, Joorabchian is adamant a decision will be made by the club and the player, not MSI.
    Knoblauch

Post by Knoblauch Fri May 18, 2007 9:51 am

And if some club bid £30million for Tevez, and West Ham don't want Tevez to go, do you honestly think that Joorbachian will not except it?
    MSI giving West Ham a say in were Tevez plays next season will be solely based on them matching any bid that MSI receive for the player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 pm