Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Kimbo
Rosicky
fcb
Tweesus
Deano
bluenine
11 posters

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A Empty JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:22 pm

MAGIC!!!! Thanks to Piacenza's draw, no play-offs are required!!!

Juventus (p) 85
    Napoli (p) 79
    Genoa (p) 78
    Piacenza 68

The top 3 quyalify automatically!!!!

After 20 years, the 12 most popular sides in Italy will play in Serie A together.

Its gonna be a glorious season 2007-08, the strongest Seria A in many years... there will be very few weak teams if any... and the attendances are bound to be the highest Serie A has seen in 10 years.... plus we will see the turin derby and the genoa derby...good news for everyone...
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A Empty Re: JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:27 pm

Welcome back Juventus Ale
    Welcome back Napoli Ale
    f@ck off Genoa Salute
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A Empty Re: JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A

Post by Tweesus Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Good news for Serie A - don't think you can neccessrily say it'll be stronger though - certainly than this year but 'big' clubs don't neccessariy ensure a strong league
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 pm

Here we go again Rolling Eyes
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:22 pm

What? Wink

It would be the same in the EPL - promoting Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Sunderland wouldn't guarantee a more competitive league - its dependent on the personnel and the managers
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Tweedle wrote:What? Wink

It would be the same in the EPL - promoting Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Leeds wouldn't guarantee a more competitive league - its dependent on the personnel and the managers

ok
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:26 pm

Embarassed

Sunderland should still be there though - after all the have a big ground Razz
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:31 pm

It would be the same in the EPL - promoting Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Sunderland wouldn't guarantee a more competitive league - its dependent on the personnel and the managers

I was just referring to the potential start of yet another long and heated Premiership vs. Serie A debate between you and bluenine Very Happy
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Tweedy, Tweedy... you are fast becoming one of the english-otto's... except that Otto has a better sense of humour Wink

Tweedle wrote:Good news for Serie A - don't think you can neccessrily say it'll be stronger though - certainly than this year but 'big' clubs don't neccessariy ensure a strong league
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:37 pm

I make a valid point though - the strength of the league depends more on the investments made by the existing and promoted clubs - of course it makes the games a better spectacle having these teams promoted though - as you say, attendances should rise which will create a better atmosphere

bluenine wrote:Tweedy, Tweedy... you are fast becoming one of the english-otto's... except that Otto has a better sense of humour ;)

Tweedle wrote:Good news for Serie A - don't think you can neccessrily say it'll be stronger though - certainly than this year but 'big' clubs don't neccessariy ensure a strong league
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:38 pm

I agree with Tweedle. Perhaps if we swap Genoa for AlbinoLeffe...it will make things better ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:40 pm

Rosicky wrote:

It would be the same in the EPL - promoting Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Leeds wouldn't guarantee a more competitive league - its dependent on the personnel and the managers

ok

Sunderland are a bigger club than Leeds in every possible way tbh.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:40 pm

There might be a difference.... what holds true for EPL cannot be extrapolated to all the leagues... this discussion has nothing to do with EPL, and I'll try to keep is that way.

Juventus, Napoli, Genoa.... 3 very big clubs, who have much larger number of supporters than Ascoli, Messina, and Chievo.... much much larger... they have much more money, spending power, and pride.

Even last season, their squads were better than the 3 relegated teams... and they will invest in more/bigger players...

Its like taking the 3 worst teams out of a league and adding 2 potential mid table teams and a potential CL team.... IMO that makes Serie A much stronger.... perhaps the strongest its been in the last decade or so...

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Both Tweeds and bluenine make good points.

Napoli and Genoa will come with some financial clout that Treviso or Ascoli could only wish for.

Juve obviously will be Juve. Did you guys know that their FIAT shirt sponsorship deal is worth 33 million Euros a year!!!!

To put it into perspective, Bwin's deal with Milan and Real is something like 20 million euros a year.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Deano,

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A 04

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A 03

And let's not forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K_pWycAqQk
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Its going to be interesting next year seeing how Juventus get on in Serie A, they have all Summer to make investments and I think they may need to make a few to challenge for a European spot. Trezeguet sounds like he will be shown the door, Nedved isn't getting any younger either.

Out of Napoli, Genoa and Piacenza who has the greatest chance of survival in Serie A next season.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Cesc wrote:Its going to be interesting next year seeing how Juventus get on in Serie A, they have all Summer to make investments and I think they may need to make a few to challenge for a European spot. Trezeguet sounds like he will be shown the door, Nedved isn't getting any younger either.

Out of Napoli, Genoa and Piacenza who has the greatest chance of survival in Serie A next season.

Only Juve, Napoli and Genoa were promoted.

IMO, Genoa and Napoli will be in the Serie A for years to come.

You are quite right about Juve. They have pretty much signed Iaquinta and look set to land Almiron. Those two would join Grygera and Salihamidzic. I suspect there will be more players yet.

Last edited by on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm

bluenine wrote:There might be a difference.... what holds true for EPL cannot be extrapolated to all the leagues... this discussion has nothing to do with EPL, and I'll try to keep is that way.

True to a degree - on the face of things, clubs with bigger attendances should have bigger budgets, yes.

I'll try not to mention the EPL again, but an example of this is Sunderland who probably have double the budget of Derby

Juventus, Napoli, Genoa.... 3 very big clubs, who have much larger number of supporters than Ascoli, Messina, and Chievo.... much much larger... they have much more money, spending power, and pride.

Very true - the three you mention were overachievers

Even last season, their squads were better than the 3 relegated teams... and they will invest in more/bigger players...

Its difficult to compare - you can assume that Juventus were but the gap in the quality of team that you're up against makes it very difficult to make presumptions about the difference in quality between a team in Serie A and in Serie B - one team has to play the likes of Inter, Roma, fiorentina, the other has to play the likes of Cesena, Modena and Empoli
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Gone...

Did you know that Genoa are about 50 years older than us...and yet haven't won a single trophy since Sampdoria have existed Laugh

Their last one being in the 1930's???

They also have only beaten us about 3 times in the last 30 something attempts Laugh

They also got demoted for match-fixing only 2 years ago Laugh

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A Genovamb6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdso2xo2BGQ
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:49 pm

Piacenza did not make it, they remain in B.

I think napoli will definately stay in A, they have serious plans to become a power again... every year they have been qualifying, only the scandals keeping them down...

As for genoa, I think they will have a better chance than a Parma... tho itstoo early to tell...

I am sure both Genoa and Napoli will invest in the market for bigplayers, lets wait and watch!

Cesc wrote:Its going to be interesting next year seeing how Juventus get on in Serie A, they have all Summer to make investments and I think they may need to make a few to challenge for a European spot. Trezeguet sounds like he will be shown the door, Nedved isn't getting any younger either.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:52 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    bluenine wrote:There might be a difference.... what holds true for EPL cannot be extrapolated to all the leagues... this discussion has nothing to do with EPL, and I'll try to keep is that way.

True to a degree - on the face of things, clubs with bigger attendances should have bigger budgets, yes.

I'll try not to mention the EPL again, but an example of this is Sunderland who probably have double the budget of Derby

Very true - the three you mention were overachievers

Its difficult to compare - you can assume that Juventus were but the gap in the quality of team that you're up against makes it very difficult to make presumptions about the difference in quality between a team in Serie A and in Serie B - one team has to play the likes of Inter, Roma, fiorentina, the other has to play the likes of Cesena, Modena and Empoli

Add to that fact patronage. Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is a film producer while Preziosi (Genoa owner) is also fairly wealthy.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 pm

who knows one of napoli or genoa could turn out like fiorentina in their first season in serie a allthough they didnt go down.i think who is in charge of napoli will have alot of pressure on them in the start of the season it is important they get a good start or i can see them having trouble.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Genoa will be the Ascoli of this season ok

They belong in Serie B...teams like Sampdoria and Empoli are out of their league...they need to be playing Frosinone and Vicenza ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:Genoa will be the Ascoli of this season ok

I don't think so. They have some very good players. I have watched quite a bit of Serie B this season, and I can assure you that players like Criscito, De Leon and Di Vaio will do more than prop up the table.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:58 pm

If they beat us, I will parade myself in a Genoa shirt and post it on here with the caption "Genoa>>>>>Samp"

That's how confident I am that they are $h!t and will go back down without beating us ok
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:Gone...

Did you know that Genoa are about 50 years older than us...and yet haven't won a single trophy since Sampdoria have existed Laugh

Their last one being in the 1930's???

They also have only beaten us about 3 times in the last 30 something attempts Laugh

They also got demoted for match-fixing only 2 years ago Laugh

JUVENTUS, GENOA & NAPOLI in SERIE A Genovamb6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdso2xo2BGQ

Genoa - 9 titles, Sampdoria - 1. But I agree, Doria has been much better in recent times.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:00 pm

I remember seeing T-rex's and cavemen in Genoa shirts celebrating their last triumph...
    gone
    gone

Post by gone Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:06 pm

It still was football. <Ale>
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:41 pm

Its not very hard to compare if you just look at the players, dude!!! Even tho they are in different leagues, can you make a presumption that Arsenal are better than Chievo?? Similar logic holds...

Di Vaio, P Cannavaro, Calaio, Criscito, Leon, Adailton, Greco, Della Bona, Sosa, etc are big players, better than the ones with Ascoli for example.... even in Serie B, these clubs have bigger budgets and attendances than many Serie A clubs... and they have wealthy Presidents, hence their squad will only get better now that they are back in Serie A, which makes it worthwhile investing. The attandances at Napoli this season for example have averaged 40,000 per game, only Inter, Milan and Roma are more than that - so you can imagine what kind of gate reciepts they get...

Look at Fiorentina and Torino, for example... There is no reason Napoli and Genoa will not go the same way... it does not mean that these teams will be successful next season... no, in fact Fiorentina and Torino fought relegation battles in thier first season back... but their squads were quality, and they did invest in players... thats what we expect Napoli and Genoa to do. Napoli are talking about buying players like WPOTY Cannavaro, Vieri, Doni, etc - none of which are inconcievable.

If you watched Serie B this season, you would have realised all this... there is a reason why these 3 teams were 10 points or more ahead of the rest...

These 3 teams are not like Derby! This is very different...

Tweedle wrote:

Last edited by on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:10 am

Lucas Deano Neill wrote:If they beat us, I will parade myself in a Genoa shirt and post it on here with the caption "Genoa>>>>>Samp"

That's how confident I am that they are $h!t and will go back down without beating us ok

Wow watch what you say mate, although i obviously expect you to finish above Genoa next season lets not ofrget that anything can happen in derby games and that their side next season will be a much improved one. They like Napoli will spend spend spend this summer and may shock a few people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:24 pm