Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Pirlo
Calidad
bluenine
7 posters

Genoa and Napoli

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Genoa and Napoli Empty Genoa and Napoli

Post by bluenine Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 am

The promoted teams have done brilliantly this season in Serie A... Juve have secured their CL spot already, and Genoa and Napoli are fighting for UEFA Cup spots.

The UEFA Cup race:

Milan 55
    Sampdoria 55
    Udinese 51
    Genoa 48
    Napoli 46

There is a good chance that Genoa may overtake Udinese by the end of the season, thus sealing an UEFA Cup spot (or at least a intertoto spot).

How cool will it be if all 3 promoted clubs make Europe? Has that ever happened before in any other league??

And as Napoli plan to rebuild further this summer, what are the chances that we will see them qualify for europe next season?

This is Serie A in rebuild mode... so good to see the Italian league on an upward curve once again, after a decade of decline.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Genoa and Napoli Empty Re: Genoa and Napoli

Post by Calidad Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 am

That's fantastic to see, and perhaps Serie A is on the rise (though I'm yet to be totally convinced of that), but something needs to be down about the crowds/tv situation. It must be depressing for the players to be playing in front of half empty stadiums.

And the likes of Juve will have to show ambition in the transfer window if they're to rise to Europe's elite again. I can't see their current squad suceeding in the ECL.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 am

Rubinho can compete with Frey for the best golkeeper in the league this season,

Some of the football Napoli have played has been stunning at times, i just hope they can hang on to players like Gargano, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Santacroce and build a good dynasty again, particularly impressed with both sides offensive movement and the fluidity of their attacks. Although Genoa play a wider offence, all the players seem comfortable in switching and Borriello's season has been aided by this.

If both Genoa and Napoli strengthen their squads, and clubs like Torino and Palermo get some stability and start playing to their potentials then next season could be quite exquisite. Inter will be Inter, Roma may have new owners and investment, Juventus and Milan must improve their squads, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Udinese are already good and strong.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 am

Pirlo wrote:Rubinho can compete with Frey for the best golkeeper in the league this season,

Some of the football Napoli have played has been stunning at times, i just hope they can hang on to players like Gargano, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Santacroce and build a good dynasty again, particularly impressed with both sides offensive movement and the fluidity of their attacks. Although Genoa play a wider offence, all the players seem comfortable in switching and Borriello's season has been aided by this.

If both Genoa and Napoli strengthen their squads, and clubs like Torino and Palermo get some stability and start playing to their potentials then next season could be quite exquisite. Inter will be Inter, Roma may have new owners and investment, Juventus and Milan must improve their squads, Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Udinese are already good and strong.
    I heard that Napoli plan to spend big this summer are and courting stars like Iaquinta, Cannavaro, Cavenaghi, etc - I think they will try their best to hold on to their stars, tho Juve are making a strong push for Hamsik. Genoa have a good chance of making europe this season itself! I would have loved Napoli to qualify for europe, coz they are a team with ambition, resources and someone who will take UEFA Cup very seriously.

Rubinho ok Totally agree, whatever happened to the brazilian gk stereotype???

Next season will be even more interesting, like you said. I think the top team will end up with less than 85 points, maybe even less than 80 points! IMO Italian clubs are going to make a big comeback in europe next 2 seasons....
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Yef Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:05 am

bluenine wrote:
    Pirlo wrote:Rubinho can compete with Frey for the best golkeeper in the league this season,

I heard that Napoli plan to spend big this summer are and courting stars like Iaquinta, Cannavaro, Cavenaghi, etc - I think they will try their best to hold on to their stars, tho Juve are making a strong push for Hamsik. Genoa have a good chance of making europe this season itself! I would have loved Napoli to qualify for europe, coz they are a team with ambition, resources and someone who will take UEFA Cup very seriously.

Rubinho ok Totally agree, whatever happened to the brazilian gk stereotype???

Next season will be even more interesting, like you said. I think the top team will end up with less than 85 points, maybe even less than 80 points! IMO Italian clubs are going to make a big comeback in europe next 2 seasons....

Its true, they are gonna buy Hofs as well ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:19 pm

They have looked pretty good. We love playing our cuntish rivals though...our record against them is superb. I hate G*noa and I don't like Napoli...but both sides have been strong and are teams that you don't really enjoy playing...

I on't think either are in the same category as the teams above them though. I'll be biased...but G*noa or Napoli are not as good as we are Ale.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Napoli plays some Sexy Football, one of the few teams to try and play Football against ROma this season in Serie A. Lavezzi will be World Class.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:29 pm

West Ham e Sampdoria wrote:They have looked pretty good. We love playing our cuntish rivals though...our record against them is superb. I hate G*noa and I don't like Napoli...but both sides have been strong and are teams that you don't really enjoy playing...

I on't think either are in the same category as the teams above them though. I'll be biased...but G*noa or Napoli are not as good as we are Ale.

While I agree that Fiorentina and Milan are in a different class, I don't see too much difference between Udinese, Sampdoria, Genoa, Napoli, Lazio, Palermo, and even Torino... expect that the form of the last 3 has been shite.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Well the thing that matters is the league table...in which we are closer to Milan and Fiorentina than G*noa and Napoli are to us...are you still writing us off then? Laughing. Even though WE STILL keep picking up the points.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 am

West Ham e Sampdoria wrote:Well the thing that matters is the league table...in which we are closer to Milan and Fiorentina than G*noa and Napoli are to us...are you still writing us off then? Laughing. Even though WE STILL keep picking up the points.
    Doria have done much better than I expected, specially of late. Great form, as shown by the thrashing you gave Udinese last weekend.

But I still suspect that the 7 point gap between Genoa and Doria will only reduce by the end of the season. Most likely starting from this weekend, when you travel to Fiorentina (great game!) while Genoa welcome Empoli.

I hope you guys don't do Milan any favours!! Please lose this weekend, and win the next one (against Roma) Razz
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 am

Fiorentina have to travel to Glasgow tonight, then play us on Sunday. I think we can get a result tbh...

Milan have to play Inter, Udinese and Napoli yet...so not all easy for them either!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am

West Ham e Sampdoria wrote:Fiorentina have to travel to Glasgow tonight, then play us on Sunday. I think we can get a result tbh...

Milan have to play Inter, Udinese and Napoli yet...so not all easy for them either!
    Still, I will be mightily greatful if you lose to Fiorentina this weekend!! Then we can seal the scudetto AND condemn Milan to UEFA Cup football in the derby Wink

If you don't wanna do it for me, do it for Mancio - your greatest ever legend!
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks to Deano's constant lamenting of Genoa I can't bring myself to like them.

Napoli have probably had the better season for me, despite the modest points difference. IMO tey have the better personnel to launch an even better campaign next season.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 am

Tweedle wrote:Thanks to Deano's constant lamenting of Genoa I can't bring myself to like them.

Napoli have probably had the better season for me, despite the modest points difference. IMO tey have the better personnel to launch an even better campaign next season.
    And more money, and (if reports are to be believed) much more ambition. I agree. The south is rising again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 pm