Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Ricardo Jol
Glenarch of the Glen
blutgraetsche
Isar Truppe
Axeslammer
The Easter Bunny
anglophileHedgehog
Kroos
12 posters

will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average Empty will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average

Post by Kroos Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:00 pm

both praised as next generation of german football strikers, when both the next generation, please shot me down^^

other players become better, this two become only worser, any reasons for that?
    L r d

will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average Empty Re: will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average

Post by L r d Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Lauth was the new Gerd Muller when he was at 1860, wasn't he?
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
    Supports : VfB Stuttgart
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average Empty Re: will KURANYI and LAUTH always be average

Post by anglophileHedgehog Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:59 pm

Deisler wrote:both praised as next generation of german football strikers, when both the next generation, please shot me down^^

E.g. the fact that they were wasted and that mistakes were made? They were part of the first generation of young players after the WC 2002--if you ask me, that burden was just too much in the end; being shot to fame and getting overplayed (just remember: Sammer left Kuranyi and Lahm on the bench at the beginning of the 04/05 season because they weren't fit and never really got back into a rhythm) is just one aspect. Another might be that on top of the personal crisis, Kuranyi hardly got any service in Stuttgart--they have been lacking a proper N°10/attacking midfielder of Ballack's abilities ever since Balakov left.

And surely the pressure got to them! You could notice something similar happening to Podolski last year. And Schweinsteiger of course--only that they managed to get out of that slump while others (due to other factors such as cr0p management at the clubs/insane coaches--->Hinkel) got even worse.

*winks* I know my arguments are feeble, but well...
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:02 pm

Surely Hleb provied Kuranyi at stuttgart?
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:07 pm

Kevin wrote:Surely Hleb provied Kuranyi at stuttgart?
    Not quite--Hleb was highly ineffective before he left for Arsenal. He used to dribble past five players and lose the ball to the sixth. Something that even caused a split in the team at some point--it was no secret he and Timo Hildebrand were at odds with one another in 2005.
    Kevin

Post by Kevin Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Oh ok!
    I hear very positive things about Hleb at Stuttgart, wasnt he the highest assister in the league?
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 pm

kuranyi i still rate hm as a good finisher
    hleb, if you watch all the complications he will dribbles past loads of people then bloody loose it or screw it up
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 pm

Lauth was *terrible* tonight : a complete waste of space...
    Isar Truppe
    Isar Truppe

Number of posts : 430

Post by Isar Truppe Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:24 pm

Kuranyi has the potential to be amongst the best strikers in Europe. His move to Schalke has not worked for him, he seems to have a mental block.

Lauth offers nothing. He does not even seem phased when he misses 100% chances like the one last night. No pace, no technique....a completely different player to the one I saw at 1860.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft

Post by blutgraetsche Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Kuranyi is a limited player, but what he can do, being an excellent poacher, he does very well, if in form. The problem with Kuranyi is, like with most talented youngsters, that there always is a danger to believe your own hype. Kuranyi needs to learn humility, his character is his major problem. Under a good and strict coach, I can see him reaching his old form again, so he can be an alternative for the Mannschaft in future.

I never rated Benny Lauth, and never understood the hype about him. Players like Lauth and Kuranyi benefited from the lack of good German talent after the disastrous EC in 2000, which made it easy for them to get into the spotlight.

Things have changed these days. After the major reforms of our youth education systems finally yield fruit, we have a ton of excellent German youngsters coming through who are already better than them. So the initial hype backfires for the likes of Kuranyi and Lauth, and becomes a negative hype.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Sofa
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:both praised as next generation of german football strikers, when both the next generation, please shot me down^^

I told ya.... Both are cr@p
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:15 pm

i`ve got a facking crystall ball in my brain, i can look into the future

that one game from kurayni changes nothing, this guy is utterly useless and for me he deserves no place in the euro08 squad

but for godssake, we dont have better options
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Lauth is and always will be Cr@p (despite scoring against Real Madrid, but that's another story). Kuranyi however did learn from his mistakes, and improved considerably after missing the WC in 2006. He is a completely different player now, with a much better attitude and work ethic. A very good striker actually, and definitely part of the EC 2008 squad.

One of the positive surprises of the Löw era really, which many, me included, didn't / couldn't forsee.

Last edited by blutgraetsche on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Toni Kroos wrote: do we have better options?

Is Paulo Rink still alive... the Brazilian life style kid with German talent...?
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Toni Kroos wrote:i`ve got a facking crystall ball in my brain, i can look into the future

that one game from kurayni changes nothing, this guy is utterly useless and for me he deserves no place in the euro08 squad

You won European Championships with Hrubesch or Kuntz up front. With Kuntz up front Germany even never lost a match (he has 25 caps). Whereas when you had better ones, you didn't win. Maybe you should start Kuranyi. Wouldn't bet against him winning the topscorer trophee
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 pm

I could never stand Keffin the Orc, but he might be usefull enough for the bench at the EC.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    Toni Kroos wrote:i`ve got a facking crystall ball in my brain, i can look into the future

You won European Championships with Hrubesch or Kuntz up front. With Kuntz up front Germany even never lost a match (he has 25 caps). Whereas when you had better ones, you didn't win. Maybe you should start Kuranyi. Wouldn't bet against him winning the topscorer trophee

it is my biggest nightmare... Kuranyi scores the winner in the EC final from a lauth assist.... Evil or Very Mad
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm

I think many underestimate Kuranyi cause they don'T like him in person. But he is a good striker. He has some downs but when he is in form, he is definately someone for the EC squad. I think with Gomez, Klose, Podolski and KK Germany has one of the best strikers at the moment.
    You always should remember 2002 at the world cup, they had so many poor ones, a thing that has changed completely now. (Ok, Klose was doing good at the cup, but before the tournament there was really no single outstanding striker there...)
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Antarion wrote:I think many underestimate Kuranyi cause they don'T like him in person. But he is a good striker. He has some downs but when he is in form, he is definately someone for the EC squad. I think with Gomez, Klose, Podolski and KK Germany has one of the best strikers at the moment.
    You always should remember 2002 at the world cup, they had so many poor ones, a thing that has changed completely now. (Ok, Klose was doing good at the cup, but before the tournament there was really no single outstanding striker there...)

good point, I can't remember the last time Germany had such a good selection of strikers to choose from. In particular I've been impressed by Gomez.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am

De Guzman wrote:

While Hrubesch was a limited player, his strenghts were so overwhelming that he probably was the best header this game has ever seen. Rather have a player with few, but real (read: extraordinary) strenghts, than a allrounder with a lot of strenghts, but none of them outstanding.

Furthermore, Hrubesch profited a lot from Klaus Allofs as his partner. Allofs was highly talented, a very complete striker, one of the best strikers Germany ever had.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:07 am

Antarion wrote:I think many underestimate Kuranyi cause they don'T like him in person. But he is a good striker. He has some downs but when he is in form, he is definately someone for the EC squad. I think with Gomez, Klose, Podolski and KK Germany has one of the best strikers at the moment.

Good point. I'd even go so far as to say that this particular weakness had the most devastating effect in those years, when Germany lacked talent on most positions. All of our successful sides had some high quality strikers to choose from.
    anglophileHedgehog
    anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 am

Another thing no one has mentioned yet is that Kuranyi doesn't get that much service from Schalke's midfield--back in Stuttgart, when he scored that, what was it, 15 goals per season, he had support from the wings from Hinkel and later Lahm and Aleks Hleb pulling the strings in midfield. From what I've seen of Schalke this season, they haven't been able to fill the space left by Lincoln's departure. So comments that he'd been working almost as a midfielder again (a point even the Stuttgart fans readily concede, even those who still haven't forgiven him for leaving the club) didn't really come as a surprise.

Kuranyi ist quasi die ideale hängende Spitze, er ackert, er setzt Mitspieler in Szene, schafft gefährliche Situationen und wenn er richtig gut drauf ist und seine Nerven im Griff hat und einen guten Tag erwischt und der Torwart einen durchschnittlichen, ja dann schießt er sogar Tore. Wenigstens wenn er den Ball auf den Kopf bekommt.
    Wink
    chrissicross
    chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
    Supports : Werder Bremen
    Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:04 pm

anglophileHedgehog wrote:
    ... und wenn er richtig gut drauf ist und seine Nerven im Griff hat und einen guten Tag erwischt und der Torwart einen durchschnittlichen, ja dann schießt er sogar Tore. Wenigstens wenn er den Ball auf den Kopf bekommt.
    Wink
    Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:46 am