Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Sheffield gunner
christmasborocooper
Jaime
Deluded F*ck™
Glenarch of the Glen
Axeslammer
The-Frank-Tavern
Tweesus
Yef
blutgraetsche
EMP
Allez les rouges
Machiavel
72-76-80-96-08
18 posters

is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ?

72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Number of posts : 2258
    Supports : FC Hollywood
    Registration date : 2006-08-22

is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ? Empty is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ?

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 pm

the good lad just scored

FOUR

goals in one game

FOUR GOALS

lol! lol! lol! lol!

@ anybody

let me know which other striker has recently hit the net FOUR times in one game against a first league side

could be Derby, Valencia, Palermo, Twente or even Lokomotiv Krakow

Toni did it recently, of course

anybody else out there ??

maybe Torres or Tevez or Robinho or ZEROoney or Zlatan or ANYBODY else ??????

Laugh Laugh Laugh
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ? Empty Re: is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ?

Post by Machiavel Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Afonso Alves Ale

7 goals in one game
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ? Empty Re: is Kuranyi the hottest striker in Europe now ?

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Markus wrote:Afonso Alves Ale

7 goals in one game

fine

then , for all I care, he is the second best striker in Europe right now
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:22 pm

No, Gomez for one is on better general form, that's why he's forced him out of the German first XI scratch

Kevin does nothing against Barcelona despite his team outplaying them for most of the two legs, but it's a few goals against Cottbus that make him the best in the world.

I know you're only as good as your last game, but you take knee-jerkism to new levels entirely.

Maybe we should play Wiese, Rolfes, Khedira, Kuranyi, hell, even throw in Wörns in the EM first XI, they'll blow everyone away ok
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Judging by the discusion on the English board it has to be Villa. Apparently Liverpool are getting him cut price because Liverpool want him, eventhough he has a €100m buyout clause and has not requested a transfer. All this while playing Cr@p in a God-awful Valencia team this season.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 pm

No, he is not, but it's great to see him scoring again (as long as it's not 4 goals against Werder...). We need our strikers to be in top form for Euro 2008.

But forget about the number of goals, his second goal was just great:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53ap1_50-schalke-04-vs-energie-cottbus-go_sport

(scroll to ~3:00)
    Yef

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Yef Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Sulejmani <Ale>
    EMP
    EMP

Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,

Post by EMP Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Sorry it's so late Blut, but good to have you back. You have been sorely missed. Welcome back
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Could see Kuranyi being a good striker for someone like Blackburn or even Man City to buy.

Blackburn obviously have a lot of good options up front already. Citeh don't though and apparently have a fair amount to spend in the summer
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm

EMP wrote:Sorry it's so late Blut, but good to have you back. You have been sorely missed. Welcome back

Thank you EMP, it's good to be back. Ale
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:37 pm

blut just in time for euro 08 good man.

as for kuranyi nah come on he's not even the best german striker
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:40 pm

We've all missed you Blut Ale

What in God's name have you been up to?!?!
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:41 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    EMP wrote:Sorry it's so late Blut, but good to have you back. You have been sorely missed. Welcome back

Thank you EMP, it's good to be back. Ale

This board needs all the good posters it can get. I'm planning a brief trip to Germany in May. Hope to catch Dortmund v Stuttgart and Fortuna Dusseldorf - got to be done in tribute to the man who opened the door to black and African players in Germany. Will start thread on that trip later.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Darling wrote:the good lad just scored

FOUR

goals in one game

FOUR GOALS

lol! lol! lol! lol!

@ anybody

let me know which other striker has recently hit the net FOUR times in one game against a first league side

could be Derby, Valencia, Palermo, Twente or even Lokomotiv Krakow

Toni did it recently, of course

anybody else out there ??

maybe Torres or Tevez or Robinho or ZEROoney or Zlatan or ANYBODY else ??????

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Good to see you recognize the GENIUS that is YOURI MULDER !!!!

Kuranyi couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo, we all saw that in the two matches against Barcelona. Kuranyi was the crappiest striker in Europe (after Podolski) before Mulder came in Shocked

The desperate Germans then sack worthless Slomke and bring in striker-trainer par excellence : Youri Mulder

......just look at the result cheers

God we Dutchies are good, we can even turn crappie Germans into goalscoring machines !

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:No, Gomez for one is on better general form, that's why he's forced him out of the German first XI scratch

Kevin does nothing against Barcelona despite his team outplaying them for most of the two legs, but it's a few goals against Cottbus that make him the best in the world.

I know you're only as good as your last game, but you take knee-jerkism to new levels entirely.

Maybe we should play Wiese, Rolfes, Khedira, Kuranyi, hell, even throw in Wörns in the EM first XI, they'll blow everyone away ok

@allez

you are losing it

Kuranyi has NO LOBBY in the German media

YET

they were raving about him after the Barca game

a goal was missing

BUT

his overall game was sensational

+

you are on even shakier ground now regarding German vs French DMCs than you were only few days ago

in the meantime

Frings has scored a 28 metre scorcher

and Ernst was excellent as well in the Kuranyi-4-goal-game producing a world class assist

and yes , you are right, I forgot about Didi as well

there is simply NO WAY France can comete with

Ballack, Frings, DIDI, Rolfes, Kehl, Khedira, Baumann, Lahm, Ottl, Boro, Hitz... in terms of strength , depth , talent, experience ...

Vieira is just past it and no longer even a regular at Inter; Makalele is getting old and the others are nowhere near of the same classb as DIDI , Khedira and Co

wg

@ blut

you cannot just punch out without as much as a "have a nice life" note and then rejoin as if nothing had happened

we were worried about you

and thought

something might have happened

like the conversion to being a Bayern fan that would have forced you to leave out of sheer shame

@ yef

you really have to get rid of the naked lady

bring her out during the night when we post from home

during the day, it's just unprofessional

wahre G
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 pm

lol!

I'd rather sing "Hamburg meine Perle" for the rest of my life than become a glory hunting Bayern fan, otto! That would be so low and pathetic. Fischkopp for life, Werder Bremen, lebenslang grün weiss!

No worries, I just went missing for a while, that's all.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Is Torres the most expensive striker flop?
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Welcome back Blut, hope you were keeping it Gangsta, doing what you were doing. Ale

EMP, speaking of Liverpool, Torres is probably the hottest to be honest - if it were based on Anfield alone.

Robitar Keanatov Ale
    EMP
    EMP

Post by EMP Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 pm

The Coolest™️ wrote:Welcome back Blut, hope you were keeping it Gangsta, doing what you were doing. Ale

EMP, speaking of Liverpool, Torres is probably the hottest to be honest - if it were based on Anfield alone.

Robitar Keanatov Ale

No dispute there. I was talking about the thread on Villa on the English board.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 pm

I think Joseba Llorente scored four in one match this season but I'm not certain. Not really that uncommon though.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:06 pm

7 goals in one game

cheers cheers cheers
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I love how one game against Energie Cottbus turns an under-pressure striker into the hottest in Europe! Fair play to him though, I think it was his second goal which was a great effort and getting four goals in a game is always an achievement (and was he involved in the own-goal as well?). He seems to have rediscovered his goalscoring boots at last.

Oh, and Berbatov got four goals for Spurs earlier this season.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:10 pm

borocooper wrote:

7 goals in one game

cheers cheers cheers

I once scored 8 goals in one game at playtime. In smaller goals than Alves.

Me >>>> Alves >>> Kuranyi
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:I love how one game against Energie Cottbus turns an under-pressure striker into the hottest in Europe! Fair play to him though, I think it was his second goal which was a great effort and getting four goals in a game is always an achievement (and was he involved in the own-goal as well?). He seems to have rediscovered his goalscoring boots at last.

Oh, and Berbatov got four goals for Spurs earlier this season.

Forgot that myself Doh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8LdTPMxbNM
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:22 pm

Darling wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:No, Gomez for one is on better general form, that's why he's forced him out of the German first XI scratch

@allez

you are losing it

Kuranyi has NO LOBBY in the German media

YET

they were raving about him after the Barca game

a goal was missing

BUT

his overall game was sensational

+

you are on even shakier ground now regarding German vs French DMCs than you were only few days ago

in the meantime

Frings has scored a 28 metre scorcher

and Ernst was excellent as well in the Kuranyi-4-goal-game producing a world class assist

and yes , you are right, I forgot about Didi as well

there is simply NO WAY France can comete with

Ballack, Frings, DIDI, Rolfes, Kehl, Khedira, Baumann, Lahm, Ottl, Boro, Hitz... in terms of strength , depth , talent, experience ...

Vieira is just past it and no longer even a regular at Inter; Makalele is getting old and the others are nowhere near of the same classb as DIDI , Khedira and Co

wg

@ blut

you cannot just punch out without as much as a "have a nice life" note and then rejoin as if nothing had happened

we were worried about you

and thought

something might have happened

like the conversion to being a Bayern fan that would have forced you to leave out of sheer shame

@ yef

you really have to get rid of the naked lady

bring her out during the night when we post from home

during the day, it's just unprofessional

wahre G

You are gradually becoming a caricature of yourself Otto, it's sad to see. It becomes impossible to communicate in any worthwhile fashion when your remarks have such a tenuous link with reality. Yes, I know Torsten Frings and how good he is. I am also aware of Borowski, Ballack and Hitzlsperger, and how good they can be. I hope too that Ottl and Khedira will go on to have successful international careers at some stage. I don't know if Kehl will be able to offer too much at international level in the future. And I hope for your own sake you're not seriously suggesting an international future for Baumann or Hamann.

It's the way you profess unawareness of the fact that other countries have football players too, who can sometimes be quite good.

Have you heard of Mathieu Flamini? Would he get into the German squad? Will he get into the French squad?

wave
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Kuranyi's greatest achievement so far is that he actually seems to have beaten the so called 'Nutella curse' - Most, if not all German internationals taking part in the Nutella ads more or less ruined their careers afterwards.

Ale to Kevin. Very Happy
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 pm

To Kevin for making mincemeat of Barcelona <Ale>

Incase you didnt see the other Kuranyi thread, can someone PLEASE post me his goals against the Catalans?
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:32 pm

@ allez

you are becoming clearly anti-German

already I find it impossible to distinguish you from EMP, Bernd, axel and Kas

and have to conclude

that you four have been the same person all along

by the way

yesterday I took a quick look at the current France First 11

it includes ageing legs like Thuram's, Makalele's and Vieira's

add the over-the-hill Sagnol (Lell is better now and does not even make the German squad) + the misfiring Henry and Anelka and there is NO way France will survive the group stage

Italy + Romania

you heard it here first

Ale
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm

HmmMMmMMmMMmMMmmmmm...

How did a known Germanophile like Allez become 'anti-German'? Did I miss something, or is otto just in super-paranoia mode again?

Ale Beck's for everyone. Drink, don't fight! Very Happy
    72-76-80-96-08
    72-76-80-96-08

Post by 72-76-80-96-08 Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

How did a known Germanophile like Allez become 'anti-German'? Did I miss something, or is otto just in super-paranoia mode again?

he thinks France has more strength in depth at DMC

lol! Laugh

since allez is clearly intelligent AND does not see the truth he has to be clearly anti-German

Whistle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:25 am