Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+54
S4P
Parks lives
TheCrazy58
Since 1888
Kroos
Oleguerisntthatbad
Romford Pele
mongrel hawk
Puro
Glenarch of the Glen
3zycupid
lampiao007
rza
110%
Ankaragucu
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U
Di Caniooooo!
Cripps
summer sizzler
Fey
Riviera
gone
Effenberg
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Super Progress
DeLux
Lard
Pierre Littbarski
briz
Hlebagone
Protheus
Luso
Zack
Napoléon
lionman
The Vermonster
Machiavel
Batman
robert
golsud
christmasborocooper
Brian2468
debaser
bluenine
Sheffield gunner
Calidad
DD
SuperMario
Rasiak-9
Deano
Ricardo Jol
Axeslammer
fcb
Cesc Soler
58 posters

Euro 2008 Qualifiers Thread - 17 October 2007

Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Euro 2008 Qualifiers Thread - 17 October 2007 - Page 14 Empty Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Thread - 17 October 2007

Post by Riviera Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 am

kas wrote:Very Happy

Apart from Germany, is there a single national team out there where things are going well? Every thing I'm reading is about booing and $h!t managers and poor performances. It's confounded!

Oh yeah, doing good for Norway these days. It actually looks like we're perhaps going to qualify this time... oh my god affraid
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Euro 2008 Qualifiers Thread - 17 October 2007 - Page 14 Empty Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Thread - 17 October 2007

Post by Rez Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:43 am

Axeslammer wrote:
    kas wrote:Very Happy

Apart from Germany, is there a single national team out there where things are going well? Every thing I'm reading is about booing and $h!t managers and poor performances. It's confounded!

Germany just lost 0-3 at home to a poor Czech side and their manager didn't get the part of Will in "Will and Grace" because he was *too* gay....

lol!

Is he the gayest football manager, ever??!!
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:52 am

hellas_eur_cmps wrote:its obvious that Toshack has failed
    Wales are underperforming...
    with the class of Bellamy
    and good players like Gabbidon, Gareth Bale and Earnshaw he should be winning opponents like San Marino or Cyprus!!

and don't forget that Hughes almost qualified Wales for the Euro 2004!!
    I have watched every qualifying match, so I am in a v good position to comment.

Hughes' reign seems great, but a closer look points to an 18 month period of good results that aside we were just as bas as now.

I didn't want toshack when he came in but he's got the team at least trying to play football, unlike the hoofball to hartson adopted by hughes

BUT

his man management is truly awful. This is the reason why results have been indifferent (although RoI also lost in Cyprus). Gabbidon was been p¡ss poor for wales in the last 2 matches. the only players who can come out with any credit are Bale, Bellamy and Ledley. the rest have been a joke.

btw Earnshaw is garbage not international footy quality he's just a decent championship player.

Its difficult to cope when we lose our best player regularly cos he hates flying and pulls out for some feigned injury all too often.

In essence, i don't really see who would do a better job than Toshack at the moment. The players need to have a long hard look at themsleves they are another bunch of overpaid prima donnas
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:17 pm

S4P wrote:
    S4P wrote:Awesome result for the Czechs. How well did Mr Cech play?

Bloody good keeper isn't he. Didn't put a foot wrong and looked commanding, though Kevin twice let him off when he should have done better and at least got headers on target, and Schweini had a free-kick that clipped the post which would have beaten him.

Sad Sad Sad
    Effenberg
    Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 pm

kas wrote:Well yeah I was going to put that in brackets, but IMO it counts for nothing because a team is bound to relax after having just qualified...and when the 2nd best team in the group (and still a good European side) is still fighting to qualify, that result is no surprise. Plus that German midfield is unidentifiable.

Just a blip me thinks.

Thanks for some perspective among all the Anti-German sentiments coming from the Dutch - again. Rolling Eyes
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

gone wrote:2-0 in Luxemburg and we are qualified. FINALLY.
    Congratulations. ok
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    S4P wrote:
    S4P wrote:Awesome result for the Czechs. How well did Mr Cech play?

Bloody good keeper isn't he. Didn't put a foot wrong and looked commanding, though Kevin twice let him off when he should have done better and at least got headers on target, and Schweini had a free-kick that clipped the post which would have beaten him.

Sad Sad Sad

Ale

It's a real shame he's not English.
    hellas_eur_cmps

Number of posts : 14
    Favourite Player : Amanatidis
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by hellas_eur_cmps Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:28 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    hellas_eur_cmps wrote:its obvious that Toshack has failed
    Wales are underperforming...
    with the class of Bellamy
    and good players like Gabbidon, Gareth Bale and Earnshaw he should be winning opponents like San Marino or Cyprus!!

and don't forget that Hughes almost qualified Wales for the Euro 2004!!
    I have watched every qualifying match, so I am in a v good position to comment.

Hughes' reign seems great, but a closer look points to an 18 month period of good results that aside we were just as bas as now.

I didn't want toshack when he came in but he's got the team at least trying to play football, unlike the hoofball to hartson adopted by hughes

BUT

his man management is truly awful. This is the reason why results have been indifferent (although RoI also lost in Cyprus). Gabbidon was been p¡ss poor for wales in the last 2 matches. the only players who can come out with any credit are Bale, Bellamy and Ledley. the rest have been a joke.

btw Earnshaw is garbage not international footy quality he's just a decent championship player.

Its difficult to cope when we lose our best player regularly cos he hates flying and pulls out for some feigned injury all too often.

In essence, i don't really see who would do a better job than Toshack at the moment. The players need to have a long hard look at themsleves they are another bunch of overpaid prima donnas

you are welsh so u know better what are the problems of your national team...

you said Earnshaw can play only ifor a Championship side....i think here lays the problem of Welsh football...

not many of the play usually in EPL...so they end up playing the kick and run football of the Championship..
    hellas_eur_cmps

Number of posts : 14
    Favourite Player : Amanatidis
    Registration date : 2007-10-17

Post by hellas_eur_cmps Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:29 pm

btw here in Greece, we are extremely happy with Her Otto!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 pm