Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
S4P
Luis
6 posters

Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team

Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team Empty Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team

Post by Luis Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:03 pm

some team in the 3rd devision I think lets the fans make a vote on the internet which team they want to see playing and what tactics they want to see!

imagine if every club did this, would football be destroyed?
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team Empty Re: Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team

Post by S4P Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:55 pm

I don't think so. In fact, I think that sometimes the fans have a better idea than the manager because they are (surprisingly) often less biased and tend not to listen to the media bullcrap.

For example, I don't think England would be in the situation we are in if the fans were picking the team.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team Empty Re: Some Israeli team lets fans choose the team

Post by debaser Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:13 pm

fans are too fickle. plus they don't know the players well enough to make informed decisions, e.g. personality, ability to play in certain systems. it'd end up a mixture of trial & error and a popularity contest.

it could work, but i can only imagine it being divisive for the players
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Jews & football Erm
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Wouldn't work because fans don't know what goes on behind the scenes, don't know how well players are doing in training, don't know about events in their personal life that may affect their performances, don't have complete data or reports from the physios, etc.

Also a key factor, and one often overlooked by us fans (and something I've suspected when Rijkaard throws out a bizarre substitution or starting lineup) is the players' contracts. Everyone here has played FM so you know that contracts have complex clauses for bonuses or payment conditions based on how many games a player starts, comes on as a sub in, etc. External sponsorship contracts also affect this. For example, Player X may stand to receive 50,000 euros more from Nike if he makes 10 appearances in the season...so he'll ask the manager to play him in a game.
    Riviera
    Riviera

Number of posts : 5411
    Favourite Player : Iniesta, Hangeland
    Registration date : 2007-04-11

Post by Riviera Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Fey wrote:Jews & football Erm

Wink

It's not a bad idea to listen to what the supporters say and so on, but to let them take out the team isn't going to work. Imagine how easy it would be to get yourself to play, just vote vote vote and you're in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 am