Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
SuperMario
The Bulk
bluenine
Knoblauch
Sheffield gunner
L.r.d
Roger Hunt
Chocolate Thunder
Green Arrow
The Easter Bunny
Axeslammer
Tweesus
lrdsucksgoats
Di Caniooooo!
L r d hAsta LueGo
StevieG
Batman
Jaime
Pierre Littbarski
Machiavel
Parks lives
Isco Benny
Deluded F*ck™
tigerthesmurf
Protheus
S4P
Kimbo
Puro
Fey
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Glenarch of the Glen
Sgoater1
christmasborocooper
Luis
DS
Dwarf
Deano
debaser
Tom
44 posters

January Transfers - Whats happening?

Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

January Transfers - Whats happening? Empty January Transfers - Whats happening?

Post by Tom Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:27 pm

I'm not sure if there has been a thread on this already, I only looked back two pages so I'm guessing if there is it was probably by Tweedle. Anyway, this is just so that we can all keep track of what is happening and find out a little more about the new transfers.

Tottenham have just signed a guy called Chris Gunter - apparently a side back but I'm sure Frank can clear anything about that up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7156325.stm

Chelsea were linked to V.D.Vaart the other day, with Grant apparently going to Germany to see him play, but didn't he pose in a Valencia shirt? So thats probably a load of Cr@p.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

January Transfers - Whats happening? Empty Re: January Transfers - Whats happening?

Post by debaser Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:36 pm

villa are signing miguel and quaresma in an £8m double swoop. the sunday mirror said it, so it must be true.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

January Transfers - Whats happening? Empty Re: January Transfers - Whats happening?

Post by Deano Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Giles Barnes apparently set to sign for us...I think Jewell wants to keep him BUT, knows the £5m he'll get for him, is more important, as he can use it to bolster his squad in other positions.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:43 pm

Queiroz has continued his mission to convert the main language of Manchester United to Portuguese with the purchase of the top scorer from the Angolan league.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Yup with 4 portugese speakers he will change the language of Man Utd.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Scott Parker wrote:Giles Barnes apparently set to sign for us...I think Jewell wants to keep him BUT, knows the £5m he'll get for him, is more important, as he can use it to bolster his squad in other positions.

Jewell rubbished this claim I think today
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:46 pm

We're due a Juninho bid..
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Luis wrote:
    Scott Parker wrote:Giles Barnes apparently set to sign for us...I think Jewell wants to keep him BUT, knows the £5m he'll get for him, is more important, as he can use it to bolster his squad in other positions.

Jewell rubbished this claim I think today

He said he had received no offer yet. He didn't issue a hands off warning though, if anything he was inviting a bid!
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Yup with 4 portugese speakers he will change the language of Man Utd.

Quieroz
    Ronaldo
    Nanin
    Anderson
    Manucho (Angolan)
    Evandro de Carvalho Brandão (Walsall youth product signed by Quieroz)

There's also the Brazillian twins your signing some time in the future and you are allegedly strongly interested in signing Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon. Up to 9 speakers potentially, not bad for an assistant manager.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:56 pm

So you included the assistant manager but forgot to include the english coaches we have , Evandro Brandao counts but the 20-30 English youth players dont.
    4 Portugese speakers in the first team out of the whole squad yeah big deal.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:02 pm

We've signed Castillo and expect to bering in another couple of players before the end of Jan.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Heard SGE say he will bring one 2 and let 1 2 go.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Heard SGE say he will bring one 2 and let 1 2 go.

Yeah we need to get a few in the add to the squad a strike ris a must if we play Castillo on the right wing, but we have a lot of players to sell....Corradi, Dickov, Mills, Mills, Dabo, Samaras, Miller maybe.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:08 pm

the media seem to have decided that Anelka is leaving Bolton, despite no genuine basis for this report.

Rafa's apparently after Valencia's Silva, so we can expect Darren Currie or Jerome Thomas as he moves quickly down his list.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Mills twice?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 pm

Dark Savante wrote:Mills twice?

Danny and Matt ! Matt's young but not up to premiership standard yet and i think we should get rid of him. He did well at Colchester last seasona nd would be a decent buy for a championship club.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 pm

Glenny Chrysémas wrote:the media seem to have decided that Anelka is leaving Bolton, despite no genuine basis for this report.

Rafa's apparently after Valencia's Silva, so we can expect Darren Currie or Jerome Thomas as he moves quickly down his list.

Hope we get Anelka, with him, Elano, Castillo and Petrov we would be brilliant going forward.
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Glenny Chrysémas wrote:the media seem to have decided that Anelka is leaving Bolton, despite no genuine basis for this report.

he'd be a great signing. class act for shrewsbury about 10 years ago and he's probably improved since sunny
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Hopefully Chelsea will get Anelka! And I think he's allowed to play in the CL as long as he's the only player who has played in the UEFA cup? But i'm not 100% sure on this ruling
    Cesc Soler
    Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
    Supports : Arsenal FC
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:56 pm

I'm sure Anelka will leave Bolton in January. Chelsea will need to change their approach to accomadate him into the team as the system the deploy is very reliant on Drogba. Anelka - Shevchenko together in a 4-4-2 could be interesting in January/February.

Sven needs to keep the faith with Bianchi, three goals in three games is a good return. Hopefully he is turning the corner after finding it hard to begin with in England.

As for Arsenal the only player coming in will be Johan Djourou after his loan deal expires.
    Dwarf

Post by Dwarf Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Dark Savante wrote:So you included the assistant manager but forgot to include the english coaches we have , Evandro Brandao counts but the 20-30 English youth players dont.
    4 Portugese speakers in the first team out of the whole squad yeah big deal.

A general trend doesn't suddenly stop as was seen in the case of Arsenal...
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:36 pm

Jingle bellack wrote:

Chelsea were linked to V.D.Vaart the other day, with Grant apparently going to Germany to see him play, but didn't he pose in a Valencia shirt? So thats probably a load of Cr@p.
    Hope you don't et VDV, he's too talented for an ugly team like Chelsea.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Well because of Koeman he left ajax...so this might be a reason not to go to Valencia for him. But then again, I doubt if Koeman stays long there. He doesnt fit at Chelsea though, I doubt if he even fits in the EPL at all.

Would love him to so at Juve.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:52 pm

shazlx-mas wrote:
    Jingle bellack wrote:

Hope you don't et VDV, he's too talented for an ugly team like Chelsea.
    Appazently he's one of Grant and Ten Cate's step towards a more technical and 'pretty' chelsea side. Whats wrong with Lampard huh?! He does that great tongue out pose, thats pretty...
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Apparently Aston Villa and Newcastle Shocked are after my man Alberto Rodríguez. I hope he plays for O'Neill. Laursen and Rodríguez partnership looks good. El Patrón can also play right back. He'd be a very good signing for O'Neill.

In fact, I'd rather have Rodríguez play for Fulham than for Fat "I don't know jack about football" Sam! Biggrin <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:16 pm

is he more cb than rb? we will definitely be in for a rb in jan, but cb we're pretty well covered with laursen, mellberg, knight, davies, cahill - whereas rb we only have mellberg, and it ain't his best position.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:22 pm

debaubler wrote:is he more cb than rb? we will definitely be in for a rb in jan, but cb we're pretty well covered with laursen, mellberg, knight, davies, cahill - whereas rb we only have mellberg, and it ain't his best position.

Yes, Rodríguez' prefererred role is CB. He's only 5'10" but plays a lot taller than that, he has springs in his ankles much like Ayala. He's super quick, excellent anticipation, average passing skills like Rio Ferdinand, but at least he can pass the ball.

El Patrón can play RB as well. I've only seen him play a couple of matches with Braga recently. Perhaps our Portuguese mates can give you a better scouting report. Rodríguez was always excellent playing for Sporting Cristal and for Perú. One of our best defenders if not the best. Sign this guy, O'Neill would LOVE to have him for Villa. I don't want Fat Sam anywhere near El Patrón. Shocked Biggrin <Ale>
    debaser
    debaser

Post by debaser Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:26 pm

cheers, sounds an interesting link - have to wait and see how much truth there is in it
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:34 pm

Puro wrote:Apparently Aston Villa and Newcastle Shocked are after my man Alberto Rodríguez. I hope he plays for O'Neill. Laursen and Rodríguez partnership looks good. El Patrón can also play right back. He'd be a very good signing for O'Neill.

In fact, I'd rather have Rodríguez play for Fulham than for Fat "I don't know jack about football" Sam! Biggrin <Ale>
    I hope there's nothing in this one. No offence to this bloke but we don't need anymore defenders. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:40 pm

I just think Newcastle are doomed no matter who they bring in, they lack confidence and when a few players go missing, they lack general talent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:36 pm