Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
SuperMario
The Bulk
bluenine
Knoblauch
Sheffield gunner
L.r.d
Roger Hunt
Chocolate Thunder
Green Arrow
The Easter Bunny
Axeslammer
Tweesus
lrdsucksgoats
Di Caniooooo!
L r d hAsta LueGo
StevieG
Batman
Jaime
Pierre Littbarski
Machiavel
Parks lives
Isco Benny
Deluded F*ck™
tigerthesmurf
Protheus
S4P
Kimbo
Puro
Fey
shazlx
Cesc Soler
Glenarch of the Glen
Sgoater1
christmasborocooper
Luis
DS
Dwarf
Deano
debaser
Tom
44 posters

January Transfers - Whats happening?

The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

January Transfers - Whats happening? - Page 5 Empty Re: January Transfers - Whats happening?

Post by The Easter Bunny Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 pm

CL place o_0
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

January Transfers - Whats happening? - Page 5 Empty Re: January Transfers - Whats happening?

Post by Deano Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Jesus wrote:CL place o_0

Hmm...o_0a
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:10 pm

apparently Berbatov is set to sign for QPR on Monday.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:13 pm

On Fernandes: Koeman kicked him out of the team selection for the Valencia derby (v Levante), because he was jailed for a night on SUSPICION of stealing a watch. Fernanades claims he's innocent.
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:29 pm

2008: De Guzman's year wrote:On Fernandes: Koeman kicked him out of the team selection for the Valencia derby (v Levante), because he was jailed for a night on SUSPICION of stealing a watch. Fernanades claims he's innocent.

lol!

should of stayed at Everton.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:33 pm

De Guzman wrote:On Fernandes: Koeman kicked him out of the team selection for the Valencia derby (v Levante), because he was jailed for a night on SUSPICION of stealing a watch. Fernanades claims he's innocent.

lol! A Scouse at heart!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 am

The agent of FC Copenhagen defender Brede Hangeland has refused to comment on the possibility of a move to Liverpool.

Hangeland has long been the subject of interest from Premier League clubs, with Newcastle and Liverpool scouting the centre defender over recent years.

Copenhagen have attempted to put potential bidders off by insisting they are not looking to sell any players unless a large offer is made.

However, Reds boss Rafa Benitez has made it clear that he wants cover for the centre of his defence, where Daniel Agger’s broken foot has left Liverpool down to the bare bones.

The 26-year-old Hangeland has Champions League experience from his time with current club Copenhagen, and he is a close friend of Reds defender John Arne Riise.

Hangeland’s towering presence draws comparisons with that of ageing stopper Sami Hyypia, and his agent Rune Hauge remained cautious when asked about reports of a move to Anfield.

“I have no comment to make on this matter,” he told NRK.

Meanwhile, reports in Spain believe Benitez will look to add to his wide options with the capture of unsettled Mallorca attacker Juan Arango.

Venezuelan-born Arango has a Spanish passport, and Benitez sent a scout to watch him during Mallorca’s 4-0 Copa Del Rey triumph over Osasuna.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Spor...-to-Hangeland/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know much on Hangeland except he is one tall bastard, over 6"5 I believe but it's the Arango link that interests me more and he is very good player from what I've seen, heard and have read.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:06 am

Another rock all committed type of CB IMO , not the fastest.
    Would Arango fit in the EPL he isnt strong and pacy either but very good technical player a no 10 score goals too.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 am

Dark Savante wrote:Another rock all committed type of CB IMO , not the fastest.
    Would Arango fit in the EPL he isnt strong and pacy either but very good technical player a no 10 score goals too.

Your right, technically he cannot be faulted but like you said he ain't the strongest nor quickest. Arango is in the Elano mould in many ways which I think would suit us and Torres. Would he fit in the EPL, I'm sure many here say he won't but we were told Torres(and Luis Garcia) was a lightweight and would struggle etc etc.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 am

Also came along this...................

http://www.nrksport.no/fotball/premier_league/1.4438664

This is a link from NRK, the Norwegian equivalent of BBC.

Roughly translated, it says:

Liverpool is, according to what NRK knows, in negotiations with Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg over Martin Skrtel.

Skrtel, a Slovak, is 23 years old.

Skrtel will supposedly cost Liverpool £6.5 million

I don't know how reliable this and I've never seen him, but I looked up some info on him.

http://www.fc-zenit.ru/eng/person.phtml?id=215

Seems to attract a lot of yellow cards.

Oh and there are heavy rumours going around many LFC sites that Ezequiel Garay we will be definetely going for and it will be announced in the 7 days.

Have to love silly season.

Anyway I'd would love us to sign Garay for reasons I mentioned ages ago.
    He is someone though I just can't see settling for 3rd choice CB so if was to sign, fingers crossed, Carra and Agger would have a real fight on their hands.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:33 am

Could you honestly see Carragher being dropped? Agger is a good defender, who's good on the ball, so dropping him would hardly improve the team so much. It would improve the squad to have Garay instead of Hypia waiting.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:34 am

Skrtel is a very good defender IMO I am not saying that Arango would be a flop neither I said Torres would but Luis Garcia struggled in prem that is why he was a bit part player in the prem great in Europe.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:55 pm

L r d wrote:Could you honestly see Carragher being dropped? Agger is a good defender, who's good on the ball, so dropping him would hardly improve the team so much. It would improve the squad to have Garay instead of Hypia waiting.

Iam not saying I'd drop either one of Carra or Agger.
    But until recently, Carra's form has been shocking since he sustained that rib injury early on in the season. And yes he was a liability, and I'm not the only Red who would have agreed with that.

Agger, as long as he is fit, won't be dropped. He is very important in how we play from the back and not just defensively as we all know.

But if Garay were to come in, could you honestly see him wanting to be just part of the squad? I do not, and that is all Iam getting it.

Dark Savante wrote:
    I am not saying that Arango would be a flop neither I said Torres would but Luis Garcia struggled in prem that is why he was a bit part player in the prem great in Europe.

I ain't pointing fingers mate, but as you well know the strong majority expected Torres to fail without giving him a chance.
    Garcia, while he didn't set the world a light in the EPL, I thought he did rather well for himself and scored quite a few match winners and created a number of goals for us most notably in his first season where he started most of the games. Sadly injuries caught up with him, but most Reds will tell you that if we could have kept him. That would have been great for us and maybe Arango would not be needed as Garcia is a NO.10 player afterall.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:59 pm

We've been linked to a brazilian called Claudio Pitbull. Doh Fucking typical.
    Bashmachkin
    Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:19 pm

I have no idea why we are being linked with so many strikers when its clear we have nothing in the centre of midfield, could do with a left back and a right midfielder. I also have no idea why Ameobi has been frozen out of the first team. Id always play him ahead of Smith up front, and theres an argument he deserves time ahead of Viduka, who has been very hit and miss. Whatever, he is being treated very poorly.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:We've been linked to a brazilian called Claudio Pitbull. Doh Fucking typical.
    Very Happy

Always hoped Feyenoord would sign him. Haven't got a clue what he's like, but love his name.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:26 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:We've been linked to a brazilian called Claudio Pitbull. Doh Fucking typical.
    Very Happy

Always hoped Feyenoord would sign him. Haven't got a clue what he's like, but love his name.
    I think that's why Allardyce is interested aswell. He thinks he's got the Brazilian Alan Smith in his sights.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Merry Krimbo wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:
    Very Happy

I think that's why Allardyce is interested aswell. He thinks he's got the Brazilian Alan Smith in his sights.
    lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A1udio_Mejolaro

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:27 pm

lol!
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Bashmachkin wrote:I have no idea why we are being linked with so many strikers when its clear we have nothing in the centre of midfield, could do with a left back and a right midfielder. I also have no idea why Ameobi has been frozen out of the first team. Id always play him ahead of Smith up front, and theres an argument he deserves time ahead of Viduka, who has been very hit and miss. Whatever, he is being treated very poorly.

I like you do not understand the shunning of Ameobi, espically when you would consider him to be a typical 'Alladyce' (sp?) player.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Post by SuperMario Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:33 pm

Taking Fat Sam's transfer policy into account, I'm affraid you'll make a bid for our talented youngster Michael THE.

THE perfect striker
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Laugh

He's ours and we've loan him to Vitória Setúbal this season after loaning him to other clubs the previous years.
    Though he is playing well, to be linked to you is kinda...wierd to say the least.

Not that we wouldn´t mind getting some extra cash What a Face

Friendly advice, search elsewhere Hug
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:24 pm

De Guzman wrote:
    Merry Krimbo wrote:
    De Guzman wrote:
    Very Happy

lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A1udio_Mejolaro

The number of times he's been loaned out tells me he's shite.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:26 pm

He looks like someone from the film Mean Machine.

January Transfers - Whats happening? - Page 5 ClaudioPitbull210804b

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:15 am